igffrr.jpg
258xkxg.jpg

WZ TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT THREE FINAL
The British Bulldogs - Davey Boy Smith & The Dynamite Kid
vs.
The Hart Foundation - Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart
vs.
Edge & Christian

Here it is, at long last. The final of the third annual tag team tournament... presented entirely in 3D!* Edge and Christian and The Hart Foundation have both won the tournament before. In both cases, they defeated The British Bulldogs to do it. Make no mistake folks, this is a good ol' fashioned grudge match! It's up to you to decide whether we crown our first two-time winner, or if we finally crown our two-time runners up. 3D glasses at the ready.​

*Note: Final not actually presented in 3D.

E&C are the clear choice here. They are the most entertaining team involved here, helped to innovate tag team wrestling, and won some titles as well. The Hardyz and Dudleyz were pretty good tag teams, but E&C disposed of them easily.

You may be tempted to got with the Hart Foundation or the BB, but they don't deserve to win here. The HF wouldn't be nearly as well thought of now if Hart didn't become a huge star after they broke up. The BB were ok, but not as good as the HF, who aren't as good as E&C, so yeah. Plus, Sam himself even admitted that British wrestling sucks, why would you bother voting for them.

Vote 4 the Canadians that don't dress in pink

*Note: Final not actually presented in 3D.

That's Bullshit!

Man... RVD and Sabu should be in this thing. Fuckin' politics.

But since they're not, I guess I'll just go with the team that beat them, The British Bulldogs.

Why? Well, I guess it has to do with the fact that they're the one team here who hasn't won the tournament yet, and I just don't think their competitors deserve to be a 2-time winner of this tournament. And The British Bulldogs, while I had a lot of bad things to say about them in the last match-up.... I still respect the hell out of both wrestlers, and they were indeed a great tag team.

Technically, I think E&C is the best tag team out of the three, and I do believe they would win this in a kayfabe match (unless you want to make the argument that the Bulldogs and Hart Foundation would work together to get rid of them first, which is possible I guess), and while I love Edge and Christian both as a tag team and as singles wrestlers, I would never imply they were the greatest tag team of all time, and for me to vote for them would be suggesting that since it'd be my second time voting for them to win this tournament. And I just can't do that.

So, yeah... odd reason to vote for someone over the other, but as my man Jack Arnold would so eloquently say... a vote's a vote.

I was going to vote for The Hart foundation when the polls opened, but then I realized that they had already won last year’s tournament. So instead I decide to give my vote to Edge and Christian because they entertained me more than THF and BB.

Whether it was in the ring or on the mic, they always delivered. They’ve had some incredible matches with other tag teams that will go down as some of my favorite tag team matches ever. I don’t care if those matches were in ladder matches and this one is not. It still does matter and can make a difference here. E&C being able to win those matches shows that they never give up and will always do whatever it takes to win a match. Also, it shows that they can handle anything that the Hart Foundation and The British Bulldogs throw at them because they were able to handle the brutality of a ladder match and still win.

Now I know that I haven’t seen a plethora of the British Bulldog’s work, but from their matches that I’ve seen I really can’t say I’m a huge fan. Don’t get me wrong though, they’ve had some pretty damn good matches, I just think E&C are way more entertaining and that’s why I’m voting for them.

Ugh, please, not another repeat winner. My vote here is going to Edge and Christian, simply because they don't seem to be getting the respect they deserve. They OWNED tag team wrestling in the 2000s, and they were only together for a few years. Bulldogs and Hart Foundation aren't bad choices by any means, but please, no another repeat winner.

Trivia Question: Which Tag Team has won the most Tag Team Titles through either Triple Threat, or Fatal Four Way Matches?

Answer: Edge and Christian. They won:

Their first Tag Team Belts at Wrestlemania 2000, in a triple threat match with the Hardys and Dudleyz.

They then beat T&A, Too Cool, and the Hardys, at the 2000 King of the Ring, to win their second Tag Team Titles. Later that year, at that year's Armageddon, they won a Fatal Four way match with The Dudleyz, Road Dogg & K-Kwik, and Right to Censor.

Then. at Wrestlemania X-7, they again beat the Hardys and Dudleyz to win the Tag Team Titles.

That's a total of four reigns which completely reeked of awesomeness, all based off their exploits in multi-tag team matches. This is where Edge and Christian thrive. They are ultimately more opportunistic than any of the other teams they wrestle, let alone the other tag teams in this match. While the Bulldogs and Harts will pound away at each other, due to past history, this team of Edge and Christian will do what they do best; pick their smarts, prove themselves to be the most intelligent team in WWE history, and prevail.

This was the ultimate team of the 2000s. In a golden age for tag teams, this was the dominant team. They won the most tag titles, the most big matches, and prevailed in the biggest tag team feud in the history of the WWE. (Yes, you read that right). There's no doubt that Edge and Christian are the perfect team to walk away with this year's tournament, and trounce the reekazoids known as the Bulldogs and Harts.

Go with Edge and Christian here.

Reactions: TLC
Tenta has this one right on the nose. If this was a singles tag team match, I'd give the advantage to the HF no matter who the opponent. BUT this match is a triple threat and E&C thrived in that sort of tag team environment. This would be a fantastic match and I'd love to see the BB win, since they are the only ones to have won this thing, yet they always get this far. But E&C get their 2nd win, mainly due to their success in triple threat tag team matches.

Sure Edge and Christian won a lot of triple threat matches but who's to say that Hart Foundation or British Bulldogs can't either. I'm not going to go into the whole gimmick shit because that's already out there. From a non-gimmick match perspective, how did E&C help innovate tag team wrestling? Besides being entertaining when they weren't wrestling, what did they do that the teams before them didn't do? I find the tag team of Edge and Christian to be hugely overrated in a era where tag team wrestling sucked in my opinion but I'm not going to hold that against them. I just think one of the other two teams are better and I wouldn't be surprised if the other two teams take E&C out so they can battle themselves. I'm leaning towards the British Bulldogs and I can careless who was the most entertaining but if you want to use that as a reason to vote for E&C, I won't be mad at you.

I'm going to sound-off on the popular choice here, Edge & Christian.

They are quite possibly my favorite tag team of all-time. Not to mention, like others have stated their success in triple threat + tag matches. They were also extremely entertaining and are both incredible successful individual wrestlers, with Christian surprising me in that regards. I always felt Edge carried the team, and Christian was just "there".

Everytime you put E&C in a tough situation, they almost always seemingly came out on top.

It's got to be E&C here. As Tenta pointed out, they have a ton of experience, and excelled, in Triple Threat matches. The Harts and Bulldogs had many classics over the years, so while we know they're on an equal level, it only takes Edge and Christian capitalizing when another team looks prone.

This would be a damn good match though...

For all manner of reasons this should be Edge and Christian's title. E&C are the only one with a history in multi team match ups and they won most of them. The success of the Hart Foundation to date has been why I haven't participated very much in this tournament, I knew it'd piss me off. The Hart Foundation won the titles because Dynamite Kid couldn't walk anymore and refused to drop them to anyone else. They then spent a year getting doubly diqualified against average teams and beating shit ones before a good one came along and took the titles.

Edge and Christian, and The Bulldogs for that matter, were better than the sum of their parts, The Hart Foundation were worse. I challenge anyone to find a dominant performance from the Harts against anyone at all. Edge and Christian beat main eventers as well as the biggest tag teams of the era. The Bulldogs are a viable option, largely because they beat the Harts all the time, until one of them was too injured to walk to the ring. However, what you have to remember is that when the Bulldogs were a team, Davey was smaller, and they were similar in stature to the Hardys, a team that Edge and Christian routinely beat in multi man matches. I'm going Edge and Christian, but I won't care if The Bulldogs win. For fuck sake don't vote Hart though.

I'm going to give a final plea for the British Bulldogs here. As Tastycles rightly pointed out, they routinely beat the Hart Foundation. I do, however, believe they were somewhat superior in stature to the Hardys.

I'm not saying they would definitely win this match, but I think they're more viable than The Hart Foundation and as viable as Edge and Christian. They deserve more votes at the very least.

Not to mention that a repeat winner is just, well, boring.

I agree if this was a singles match, the Hart Foundation anyday for sure, but them and the Brittish Bulldogs couldn't handle the team of Edge and Christian. They've one Triple Threat tag team matches at least twice right? They have the edge ( no pun) and would dispose of the other two teams with relative ease. Edge and Christian all the way!

E&C were the best tag team of the last 10 years. After they split up they have both have had excellent singles careers, but w/o their tag tenure it was nothing. They help create a terrific match know as TLC and won the matches. Call me biased because I grew up watching them, but from the feus they had with the Dudleys and Hardys they are the clear winners of this. E & C are future hall of famers as tag team or sigles competitors unlike the other teams the only other guys that could make it as both a tag and singles guy would be Brett. But E & C have dominated some of the best in history and maybe be the best Tag Team ever.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2009 winners are:

258xkxg.jpg

Edge and Christian

Yes, that's right - the 2009 winners are none other than your 2007 winners. In a tournament full of twists and turns, such winners are fitting. Never in a million years would I have guessed that final would feature, well, three former finalists.

The ol' E & C dominate this one, winning over 50% of the vote in a match with two other teams. Whereas last year The Hart Foundation won without breaking a sweat, this year they were dispatched without breaking a sweat. They couldn't even beat The Bulldogs, who have reached the final and lost for a third consecutive year. They must be getting pretty sick of this.

Congratulations to Edge and Christian for winning what I would generously call a moderately successful tournament. Many thanks to those who participated. You know who you are. Odds are that I repped you once or twice during the course of the tournament. Maybe I'll do it next year, maybe I won't.

Good night and God bless,

Uncle Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo