• Magneto & Mario

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
FINAL FIGHT

O7jv4i4.jpg

Martian Manhunter & Urdnot Wrex were one of the more popular teams coming into this tournament with two people predicting they would win it all. This team faced little opposition on their march to the finals despite the fact they met a variety of teams. They faced two powerhouse teams involving guys like Tank and Mike Tyson; field generals like Shepard and Flash Gordon; and superpowered individuals like Wonder Woman, but none of these individuals or their teams could stop the mighty duo of the martian and the krogan.

Like their opponents, Magneto and Mario were also predicted to win the tournament by two voters, but unlike their opponents, Team M&M have seen some close battles. There have been some intense arguments made for Booker DeWitt, Storm, Mr. Incredible, and The Flash, the supporters of Magneto and Mario have been able to push through everything in their path and get the heroic plumber and the Master of Magnetism to the final match.

This is the fight we've all been waiting for: the one that will determine this year's winner of the Third BattleZone Tournament. Martian Manhunter and Urdnot Wrex face off against Magneto and Mario. These men have fought side by side through five rounds of competitors to get to this point, and the whole tournament comes down to this last match.

FIGHT!

Bad luck to Jon Jonnz and Wrex here, but they have met their makers. Wrex has metal armor, which Magneto would turn into scrap metal immediately. Then theres Martian Manhunter, who will put up a fight, but most likely will not succeed. Magneto and Manhunter would presumably fight it out in the sky (As Manhunter would see him as the greater threat), allowing Mario to find a fire flower (a very common power up) and use it on Martian Manhunter. Did I mention that Manhunter's weakness is fire? This ones over folks.

Yup. Its time.

Magneto and Mario raise the trophy high as the tournament comes to an end.

Unfortunately for Wrex, his armor and weapons are useless. Eric will crush him using the armor meant to protect him. This leaves Martian Manhunter to face off against 2 dangerous foes.

Now Martian Manhunter has a vast set of abilities, but his one weakness is fire. Just so happens that Mario has a nice little flower that will help here. He does not need to attack him, just distract long enough for Magneto to get something ready. Manhunter will either freak out and revert to a puddle of goo, or try to attack Mario and thus stop the onslaught of flames. Either way, this is not good for Manhunter. He may well go toe to toe with Magneto in the final minutes, but Magneto ultimately takes this one. Either a scrap piece of metal takes off his head or the distraction proves enough for Magneto to trap the green puddle in a box.

Good fight up to this, but Magneto is just too much here.

This is it. 4 very worthy finalists fight it out to the very bitter end. Either team deserves to win this, but the team I'm choosing to take this is Martian Manhunter and Urdnot Wrex.

The only chance Mario and Magneto have is both having to guess Manhunter is indeed weak to fire and actually igniting him with fire, which is incredibly hard due to Martian's agility. I know JGlass said something about Martian panicking when any fire comes on the battlefield, but as far as I can see it, if Martian avoids any contact with the flames, he should be fine. Even if he is ignited, he still has a chance to do some major damage in this match, whilst panicking and not being as effective, but still some damage.

I know the argument is that Magneto could destroy Urdnot very quickly, and yes, whilst that is correct, what's to say Martian cannot bombard him with a lightning fast offence while he both has to manipulate the metal and levitate to avoid immediate harm. Like the Storm and Mr Incredible situation, Magneto can still multi task, but one does not multi task against Martian Manhunter.

JGlass was also right on me underestimating Mario (he can certainly stand toe to toe with Incredible) but Martian Manhunter would annihilate Incredible with ease. Mario's only chance is the star, which takes a significant amount of time to deploy, or a well-placed fireball which I have already derived would be very difficult to hit and even judge if Martian is weak to it or not.

There are 2 factors that must happen in order for Magneto and Mario to defeat Martian. Both of those factors are incredibly difficult to pull off. Whereas Manhunter only need provide enough offence to defeat both Mario and Magneto, something which he is easily capable of doing.

Martian Manhunter is simply too good. I'll be satisfied with a Magneto/Mario win as it COULD happen. However, Martian is far more likely to come out on top.

@Nightmare: Martian can't be trapped in a box; he can simply teleport or phase out of it and continue the fight. Just correcting you there.

Well from the get go I had Mario and Magneto winning and it looks like that should happen in this round. Seeing as it's the finals I have no doubt both sides will go all out to try and achieve victory. What this means is that Wrex would almost certainly be killed by magneto from the start thanks to being surrounded in metal armor.

Martian Manhunter however could take out most teams in this tournament by himself so even at 2-1 I think he'd put up a good fight. With that being said Magneto is very powerful and Mario has fire which is Martian's weakness. Now a Magneto versus Martian fight would be a close matchup but having our token Italian there for either a distraction or to be a projectile shooter this in turn would cause Martian to be outmatched and ultimately fall to the better team.

Your champs, Mario and Magneto.

@Nightmare: Martian can't be trapped in a box; he can simply teleport or phase out of it and continue the fight. Just correcting you there.

Yes he can. If he is so overwhelmed that he reverts to a pile of Jell-O, one assumes he would not be able to really focus his powers now would he. If he is freaked out like that, I doubt he retains most if all of his powers or at very least they are diminished considerably given his mental\physical state. So he could be trapped given the circumstances.

Unless Mario and Magneto know Manhunter's weakness to fire, this very easily goes to Manhunter and Wrex.

Wrex, is ultimately a sitting duck to Magento's mutant powers. Though when you have Manhunter on your team, he can very easily tip the scales into their favor. With two, enlarged arms he grabs Mario and Magneto and slaps them together so many times they're both rendered unconscious and Martian Manhunter can go on and celebrate a much deserved win with cookies.

Unless Mario and Magneto know Manhunter's weakness to fire, this very easily goes to Manhunter and Wrex.

Wanna know how easy it is to figure out?

Mario has 2 powers that are considered 'go to' and readily available- one of which is the Fire Flower. Mario, being the smart kinda guy he is, isnt going to decide right off the bat to jump on either one of their heads seeing as they are much larger. He will keep some distance and use the fireballs. All Mario has to do is get one single fireball off for his weakness to be revelaed.

See? Simple right? Its not like they need some special rock or a sword forged in the fire of hell or anything like that...

Magneto and Mario win.

Wanna know how easy it is to figure out?

Mario has 2 powers that are considered 'go to' and readily available- one of which is the Fire Flower. Mario, being the smart kinda guy he is, isnt going to decide right off the bat to jump on either one of their heads seeing as they are much larger. He will keep some distance and use the fireballs. All Mario has to do is get one single fireball off for his weakness to be revelaed.

See? Simple right? Its not like they need some special rock or a sword forged in the fire of hell or anything like that...

Magneto and Mario win.

Does Mario start off with the fire flower? And would he easily be able to get to one without MM turning Mario and Magneto into pancakes? Manhunter is a vicious, and ruthless fighter. Mario and Magneto won't have a chance to learn MM's weakness before getting rolled over.

Oh, I am quite sure that Mario could grab a flower and fire quicker than your "big arm smash-up" attack could happen -especially when M&M are not going to stand there while the green guy's arms start growing and coming toward them. Whereas Wrex has no choice but to get crushed, leaving Manhunter to deal with the team alone. Hell, Magneto sees some large arms coming at his team -I am sure he could just fling shards of metal from Wrex's dead body and cut off the arm. That takes care of that.

Manhunter has done much better in the tournament, but one of his opponents here just so happens to have an answer to his weakness. Plus the fact that Magneto is a beast who can\will use any object with metallic properties to his advantage- this one is easy.

Oh, I am quite sure that Mario could grab a flower and fire quicker than your "big arm smash-up" attack could happen

You're telling me the fat, midget plumber can run to a fire flower faster than Martian Manhunter can fly over to him and kill him with one swing? Rightttttt

-especially when M&M are not going to stand there while the green guy's arms start growing and coming toward them.

Who said anything about standing? Manhunter can tag both Magneto and Mario easily, MM is a genius, and can very easily getting a hold of both Magneto and Mario with ease.

Whereas Wrex has no choice but to get crushed, leaving Manhunter to deal with the team alone.

Which is fine, MM has more than enough firepower to deal with the other team alone.

Hell, Magneto sees some large arms coming at his team -I am sure he could just fling shards of metal from Wrex's dead body and cut off the arm. That takes care of that.

Right, Magneto has the power to turn mentioned metal shards sharp enough to cut through the near invulnerable skin of a Green Martian? rightttttttttttttt

Manhunter has done much better in the tournament, but one of his opponents here just so happens to have an answer to his weakness. Plus the fact that Magneto is a beast who can\will use any object with metallic properties to his advantage- this one is easy.

Or the super overpowered Green Martian takes this with relative ease. I could go on about how he could telepathically shut down Mario's powers, and then use his intangibility and invisibility to sucker punch Magneto.

But hey, I'm going to be nice and simple and go with the 100+ ton strength punch being able to knock out a plumber who's infamously known for dying to bottomless pits.

You're telling me the fat, midget plumber can run to a fire flower faster than Martian Manhunter can fly over to him and kill him with one swing? Rightttttt

It has been shown (by Lee i think) just how fast Mario is. Pretty damn fast for a 'fat midget'. Now here is the point you are missing...

This is a neutral battlefield. So its not like Mario has to run around and smash a bunch of blocks to find said Fire Flower like in his world. I assume either a) a block appears above his head when needed or b) he has his power-up's on his person.

So yeah, based on that I would say he gets it faster than Manhunter gets to him.

Who said anything about standing? Manhunter can tag both Magneto and Mario easily, MM is a genius, and can very easily getting a hold of both Magneto and Mario with ease.

You honestly think that because J'onzz is a genius that makes it easier to grab ahold of 2 different people at the same time? How smart of a detective you are has nothing to do with that scenario.

Plus if Magneto is flying and Mario running- you think that its sooooo easy to just grab either one, let alone both?

Right, Magneto has the power to turn mentioned metal shards sharp enough to cut through the near invulnerable skin of a Green Martian? rightttttttttttttt

What exactly dont you get about Magneto's power? The ability to manipulate metal into whatever the fuck he wants means he cant make sharp things? Or fling them with enough velocity to hurt? You act like he is a toddler throwing marbles at a wall. Again you fail.

Or the super overpowered Green Martian takes this with relative ease. I could go on about how he could telepathically shut down Mario's powers, and then use his intangibility and invisibility to sucker punch Magneto.

Right, so now Magneto cant touch or sense him. You do realize that Manhunter has metal on his outfit right, maybe even traces of iron in his blood? The mutant can sense and manipulate metal, that means he can track the Martian.

But hey, I'm going to be nice and simple and go with the 100+ ton strength punch being able to knock out a plumber who's infamously known for dying to bottomless pits.

Ok, thats cool. Now tell me how he beats Magneto? (hint: a sucker punch or 3 Stooges style head smashing wont work)

Dont get mad if you dont have an answer. I assume you are just still sad because Flash couldnt get the job done against Magneto either. Its ok, put on your pajamas and go to bed. The adults are talking.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it was a long and hard fought battle but it seems we have our winners and the BattleZone Tag Team Champions!

The King Of Nintendo, Mario and Mag-Fucking-Neto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back