Flair Region, Memphis Subregion, Second Round: (4) Chris Jericho vs. (13) Ted DiBiase

Who Wins This Match?

• Chris Jericho

• Ted DiBiase

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Flair Region, Memphis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the FexEx Forum in Memphis, Tennessee.

header.jpg

chris-jericho-20110506000318853-000.jpg

#4. Chris Jericho

Vs.

di-biase-sr-1787460.jpg

#13. Ted DiBiase

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I think I gotta give the nod to Jericho here. He may be a bit over-rated but amassing 6 world title runs, even as a transitional champion, is a bit more impressive than just about anything on Dibiase's resume.

Jericho here.

He's racked up quite a legacy over the years and dare I say he was a better heel than the Million Dollar Man? Jericho has more championships, is better in the ring, on the mic, and probably a better draw too.

Vote Jericho.

If Jarrett was able to put up a pretty good fight against Diabiase, I'd say Jericho has a pretty good shot in this one, as he should. Dibiase may be an underated, or overrated depending on who you talk to, wrestler of his time who many agree probably should have been a World Champion at one time or another, but he wasn't and Jericho is a 6 time WHC and one of the greatest IC champs ever.

As Y2J would say "Vote for me because I beat Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock in the same night to become the first ever Undisputed Champion nerds!"

Yeah you have a guy who beat Austin and The Rock in the same night taking on a guy who had to buy his World Title. The build to the match would probably be pretty good, some solid promos on both sides, but Jericho takes this.

Jericho wins. Two of the greatest heels are locking horns here. But it would be Chris Jericho taking the win with the Lionsault. People will remember both Jericho and Ted Biase till their legacy lives but it's Jericho's world title wins, his feud with Shawn Michaels, record 9 time IC championship wins will be the one to be remembered the most.

Probably my two most favorite heels here, and this match, and the build, would be insane. The match alone would be incredible...

But Jericho gets my vote here. He was #1 on my list, and for good reason. He's top notch in the ring, incredible on the mic, and has a laundry list of accomplishments in his wrestling career. Hell, before he beat Rock and Austin, I'd say he might have had enough to beat DiBiase, which is a shame, considering DiBiase should have had a list himself.

I have to go with Jericho because, as has already been stated, the guy's pretty much done it all. DiBiase is arguably the best to have never been World Champion in a major wrestling promotion whereas Jericho's a six time World Champion in WWE.

I think it'd be a fun match with a nice mixing of styles. DiBiase has the advantage in the ground & pound and technical areas while Jericho has the athleticism and the more diverse offense. Ultimately though, gotta go with Y2J.

This is interesting for me, in that I look at Chris Jericho as who Ted DiBiase would have been if the bookers had had more faith in Ted DiBiase as a world champion.

Ted DiBiase, as most of you already know, was supposed to win the championship at WrestleMania 4 by winning the tournament they had at that event. Plans changed and Macho Man got the belt instead, very deservedly I might add.

Chris Jericho, as all of you already know, was a surprise winner of the first Undisputed WWE Heavyweight Champion tournament and the rest of his career was defined by that honor. Though even up to that point it could be argued that Chris had accomplished more than Ted, I believe that if Chris hadn't won that tournament he wouldn't have been able to establish himself as being equal to Stone Cold or The Rock.

I'm voting for Chris Jericho, which is basically logic forcing me too. I want to see Ted win more, but I know that the most likely winner will be the guy who proved that he can win big matches.

DiBiase was a great character, but he ultimately never made it to the actual title, despite his best efforts. Jericho's run in 2000-2001 is one of the great successes of the WWF at the time, and he was justly rewarded with several title runs after this. I think he'd take this.

DiBiase is rightfully remembered as one of the greatest characters, and heels of all-time but I think he'd be doing the job for Jericho in this one.

Y2J's success in WWE is incredible when he think he was only a Cruiserweight Champion in WCW before he came to WWE. Since then, he has an amazing list of accolades- first ever Undisputed Champion- being trusted with the combined titles ahead of Austin, Rock and Angle, the most IC title reigns in history and a multi time tag-team champion, plus many more.

Everything DiBiase did, Jericho has done and more.

Y2J is the right man to win this.

Ted was a great heel and was very good at both in-ring work and mic skills proving that he was a whole package.

But Jericho is just way above him in every matter be it accolades, mic skills, in-ring work etc.

So Y2J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back