Fourth Round: 3 Stages of Hell - Andre the Giant vs. Steve Austin

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Andre the Giant

• Steve Austin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Andre here. Austin rarely pulled off the win in his first matches against people of significance, as per his gimmick of being the downtrodden man standing up for himself. Furthermore, he rarely won by anythig other than head first diving into a match. That will get him nowhere in the first fall, 1-0 Andre.

Second fall, I sincerely doubt Austin would win this. After all, a chair shot from Andre and you're on for good. Ignoring that, and allowing Austin the win. You're essentially back to suare one. Sure, Austin is resilliant, but he's never going to keep Andre down long enough to escape the cage, he's never going to be able to use the cage to his own advantage, an Eventually Andre will have him by a conventional method.

How the bloody hell is Austin leading this thing in a landslide!

Andre would crush him in the first match, and just as soon as the street fight begins Austin would be way too ass whooped to beat Andre! Yeah people say Austin with a weapon is like fucking pitbull without its leash trying to fucking kill you but still, imagine Andre with a weapon!

Andre is just too much! 2-0, Austin loses. I doubt we'd even get to the Steel Cage match.

Here is why I went with Austin in this match.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L0SE_TivHRE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L0SE_TivHRE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

In this video, the Sheik is being clearly outmatched by Andre, so he goes for Andre's biggest weak spot, his eyes. The Sheik throws a fireball in Andre's face, behind the refs back, and gets a count-out victory when Andre cant get back up before the 10 count. The thing with this match of Austin/Andre, Austin could do something similar to blind Andre except he wouldn't necessarily need to do it behind the ref's back. Austin, especially during the height of the Stone Cold Era, was known for his creativity, and I am sure he could find someway to take out Andre's eyes. He could take a deliberate DQ in the first round, and while Andre is down, blinded, Austin would clearly have enough time to get any kind of weapon he wants and just go to town on Andre. He takes the Second fall, and is able to easily escape the cage in the third.

[YOUTUBE]jijzfOxkwmg[/YOUTUBE]

You guys are right, Andre could never win a cage match. And by 83 when this match happened he never could move around the ring well or climb to the top rope and jump off onto Studd. Don't know what I was thinking, his body was just too beat up and worn out by then. Just don't know what I was thinking.

You guys are right, Andre could never win a cage match. And by 83 when this match happened he never could move around the ring well or climb to the top rope and jump off onto Studd. Don't know what I was thinking, his body was just too beat up and worn out by then. Just don't know what I was thinking.
Sarcasm... wonderful.

A. You do know the voting is over right?

B. You're also omitting the part where many of us said that only after Austin viciously attacked Andre's legs/back/other structural weak points throughout round 2 , --thereby weakening him and slowing him down tremendously-- would it then be harder for Andre to escape giving Austin an advantage in round 3. Few if any said outright "Andre could never win a cage match." Stop with the exaggerations, misquotes, and half-truths...

C. Save for the high spot at the end, your clip showed a giant guy who spent most of the time either getting choked out on the ground (i.e. non-kayfabe resting/recuperating) or walking around at a snail's pace almost constantly holding onto the ropes like a staircase banister.

Nice try though.

As much as I love Austin, could he really win this match?

Sure, he beat big men in Big Show and Taker.

But I don't think e ever faced a giant like Andre?

Imagine Austin leaping into the air for the Lou Thesz Press and Andre swatting him away like a fly.

I really can't see how Andre won't win this tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back