Gabriel/Slater

brighamosity

Getting Noticed By Management
Did I miss something? Why are Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel fighting now? I understand that they might want to create a rivalry so they don't team up at MITB, but it appears that they've broken up. With no buildup at all, Slater comes out and says he's done with Gabriel. So does this make Gabriel a face? Considering that no one else has posted about this, does anyone even care?

I see them both becoming Superstars regulars now. Slater doesn't interest me at all. And Gabriel desperately needs a character or gimmick or something. I want to like him, but his current state just isn't working for me.

Well, Heath was kinda pissy with Gabriel after their lost last week.

I think Gabriel is much more charismatic than people give him credit for. For as short, movezy and as random as that match was last night, the crowd started getting into it. I know he was an awful heel, but if they wanted to use him as the first new guy to be pushed as a good guy instead of a bad ass heel, I would be all for it. I also think he is a solid talker, nothing to wow you over.. But there are probably 5 guys getting push who suck more than him. :)

I think Heath will become the jobber Chavo was. Which isn't bad. He is a great idiot and is fantastic at making people want to see his face get punched in.

Did I miss something? Why are Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel fighting now?

Because they got angry at one another last week, they're in the MitB match and there is absolutely no reason to keep them together.

I understand that they might want to create a rivalry so they don't team up at MITB, but it appears that they've broken up.

And that's a good thing.

With no buildup at all, Slater comes out and says he's done with Gabriel. So does this make Gabriel a face?

Yes. And considering he's a good looking, fun to watch and tallented wrestler he could make for a good one.

Considering that no one else has posted about this, does anyone even care?

we haven't been given a reason to care. But it'll have been done for a reason. Gabe got to look good in the match, got a new theme and is better than Slater from all angles.

I see them both becoming Superstars regulars now.

I don't. Slater, sure. Gabriel's going to get a push for at least a little bit. And "superstars" regular sums them up perfectly as a tag team anyway.

Slater doesn't interest me at all. And Gabriel desperately needs a character or gimmick or something. I want to like him, but his current state just isn't working for me.

Slater's a future jobber, you don't have to care about him. Gabriel can play a gimmick, but when you look like he does, wrestle a crowd pleasing style and have an accent it's gind of optional. He won't have much problems getting over to a midcard level without one.

Yes, I believe they have now seperated as a tag team. And it took all of one week for them to go from partners to enemies. That's WWE for you, folks. Absolutely no build whatsoever. I mean, why would you need that? Build. Pfft.

Gabriel is quite easily going to be the breakout of the tag team (if there will be one). He's got a good in-ring ability and a great look. The only problem is that his charisma doesn't appear to exist and his mic skills are poor. Not horrific, but pretty bad. Still, I can definitely see Gabriel becoming quite a prominent face on SmackDown. When WWE are aiming there product at children, I can see Gabriel being a teen pin-up. Almost like a Justin Bieber of WWE. Sounds ridiculous, but don't tell me you can't see it.

As for Heath Slater, well, he's going to be Heath Slater. Completely underwhelming in everything he does. Don't get me wrong, I don't like being mean about wrestlers, but I just feel it's true.

Okay, before I start I would like to say, no I am not a huge Gabriel fan BUT can really see this happening..

Throughout his Nexus time he was (bar barrett) the strongest member lasting longest in the summerslam match, strong in tag matches, clean victories in singles matches against both Edge and Randy Orton, even pinning Cena in a tag team match (from the 450 splash)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ-v18A9sHE&feature=related - Main Event vs Edge 1v1 on SD! proved to be one hell of a match.

Over his one year in the business he has proved himself in the ring beating a lot of the midcarders, and yeah, he was cool in the 'Slabriel' tag team, but I always saw him as more of a singles competititor.

Obviously the match against slater last night puts gabriel as a 'face'..I say that loosely at the moment as he has yet to develop somewhat of a character but..when he does I can see him as the next -dareIsayit- biggest babyface on smackdown, maybe even contesting cena for it, I mean, where are the new faces nowadays..?

My point being, Gabriel has proven to be good in the ring singles, and personally see him reaching upper midcard very soon..could even be the Alex riley push of SD! and..I say this loosely again, I reckon he has a chance in this mitb..him, barrett or cody I can only see winning.

I mean, yeah he has no character at the moment, but when he develops it, I see him possibly contending for world champ status, the new big thing in WWE.

Thanks for reading, any possible feedback Agrees/Disagrees.

When WWE are aiming there product at children, I can see Gabriel being a teen pin-up. Almost like a Justin Bieber of WWE. Sounds ridiculous, but don't tell me you can't see it.

I CAN SEE THE LIGHT haha. No really, that makes a lot of sense.

Anyways, I don't even remember them arguing after their loss last week. They're that irrelavent right now. It sort of clicked yesterday when Slater started talking, but it's hard when the buildup is almost nonexistant. Anyways, it's clear Gabriel is the "Michaels" and not the "Jannetty" of the group (not saying he's Shawn Michaels, just making fun of a common cliche around here). He's good in the ring, needs a lot of work on the mic, but MOST importantly, he's got the 450 splash. Some roles in the WWE all you need is one move to put you over. Look at Evan Bourne. He's crap on the mic, but when he climbs that rope for the Air Bourne, people watch. Same thing with Gabriel. That's his gimmick right now and it's good enough.

..could even be the Alex riley push of SD!

That's hilarious considering Alex Riley was drafted to Smackdown and wrestled on there once? twice? since... :lol:

Anyways, as I mentioned in the other thread, Gabriel is definitely in line for a push in my opinion. Nothing big at least for now. Obviously beating Slater last night doesn't exactly put him in the ME. But he's got the look and he's pretty damn good in the ring. His 450 splash is extremely over with the crowd and it was only a matter of time before he went face. Moves like that and the Air Bourne are not meant for heels because they make the crowd wanna like the guy. His 450 splash will only get him so far though. He needs a lot of mic work.

This is going to sound like ridiculous speculation but I don't think we should rule Gabriel and Slater as being finished as a tag team, at least until after Money in the Bank. I'm not sure why but part of me believes the Corre splitting up has been a ruse this entire time. Barrett never once actually beat down or attacked Gabriel and Slater and until their little exhibition match last night they'd remained friendly with each other as well. The inclusion of Slater and Gabriel in the MITB match has seemed like a weird one as soon as the participants were announced and I believe there's a chance that Gabriel and Slater are only in this match to re-align themselves with Barrett and help him win the briefcase reforming the Corre. Honestly I prefer Barrett as a singles star and Gabriel and Slater as a tag team but something makes me think the WWE may go with what I just posted above, there's at least a tiny chance.

If Sabriel have really split up however, I don't really think it's a good decision by WWE. You would assume that after the disasters of splitting up the Colons, Cryme Tyme and then the Hart Dynasty the WWE would stop pointless splits and try to focus on improving the tag division but once again they have pulled the trigger too fast on breaking another promising tag team up. Something makes me wonder if at the most recent South African tour WWE officials heard the reaction Gabriel was receiving and seen money in a face turn and a singles career for Gabriel. A high proportion of the WWE's income comes from international interest from countries such as India or Mexico and the WWE are probably trying to make the South African Market more profitable by using Gabriel.

I'm part of the small minority who actually likes Slater. He's decent on the microphone, more than competent in the ring and just has an appearance that people are naturally compelled to hate on. I doubt he's going to amount to anything other than a Superstars regular though. If WWE officials see potential in Slater they could perhaps have him serve as Christians lackey, based off their previous pairing in NXT Season 1. Maybe this is just because I'm a huge Christian fan but I would love to see someone like Slater accompanying Christian to his matches and constantly help him to retain the world title.

It's whatever. I thought that the WWE had a chance to build the tag division against a Slabriel/Usos feud, but clearly that was not in the WWE's plans. All this really shows me is that the WWE has no desire to make any real tag division.

As for what's next for these two... I doubt there's very much. Gabriel might have a shot at staying relevant in the undercard as a face, but unless he gets a serious push from the WWE he'll always be remembered as the high flier of Nexus. Slater has even less hope as he may be one of the stupidest sounding guys in the WWE and he does nothing to standout in the ring whatsoever. Look for the Ginga Ninja to be released within a year.

If there was two superstars I couldn't care less about its Gabriel and Slater.

Gabriel has his big spot 450 splash and thats what will keep the fans behind him for the next few months, but other than that hes as boring as taking a shit.

Slater is worse than Gabriel, I really tried to listen to his promo on Friday, but his voice bugs the shit out of me, and he has a terrible look.

I didn't see what lead to them breaking but it was long over due, the Corre was a terrible mistake on the part of the WWE in trying to keep Barrett and these two together longer. These two are bound for middle card jobber greatness, Gabriel will get a few IC/US title runs, but their both destine to be wished best in their future endeavors

I could care less about Slater. His tights look great, and he has cool hair, but other than that, I can't say anything good about him. He can be very boring and bland when it comes to personality, and he sounds horrendous on the mic. Slater might stick around as a jobber, but I don't think he will be elevated above this status.

Gabriel could make a splash in the mid card. Gabriel can bring some excitement in the ring, and with some more time, he could make it into the IC Championship picture.

With all that said, I am kind of disappointed by this move. Gabriel and Slater weren't bad as a tag team, and I thought WWE would give them more time to develop. The feud with The Usos was intriguing enough, but WWE didn't want to go all the way these two. It's a shame, because the tag division could really use a nice boost.

I hope this is the end of these two. Not just as a tag team, but as major league players.

I think both are awful. Justin Gabriel is probably the least natural talker on the planet, and Slater is as annoying as they come. Both are mediocre in the ring, at best. Outside of that flip, what does Gabriel have? Nothing. Well, that flip is a hell of a lot more than Slater has in the ring, which is absolutely nothing.

Back to the minors, both of you.

Yes, I looked it up, it's been confirmed, Justin Gabriel is a face.

Excuse me for a sec.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! YES! YES! YES!! FINALLY!!

Okay I'm done. XD

Justin Gabriel as a face is any fan(girl)s dream. Now we can finally see him in some GOOD matches and hopefully see him get some titles around his waist (WHC..?)! I'm for it, let's do it, let's go let's go-

Oh wait, there's the Slater problem. Yes, that's my name for it. Heath SLater is an arrogant jerk who is completely full of himself. If neither of them win at MitB Slater will find some reason to blame Justin and thus start one of those "here we go again" feuds and attack Justin back stage during interviews and in the ring before matches.

I'm serious. Just watch in next few weeks. *nods*

HOWEVER, Idk about you guys but I am going to enoy this face-turn of Justin's. To anyone who has actually read my signature, well, now you know what it means! :D

If anyone disagrees with me then I'll just tone down the fangirlness of my mood. XD

Justin Gabriel could be the next Jeff Hardy, hear me out on this one.

He started off in a tag team, with a partner who completely sucks.
He has one big move that the kiddies go crazy for.
He changes his hair almost daily/weekly
He can't talk on the mic.

ITS ALMOST AS IF HES AN EXACT CLONE!

Could he be the long lost 3rd Hardy Boy?

Justin Gabriel could be the next Jeff Hardy, hear me out on this one.

He started off in a tag team, with a partner who completely sucks.
He has one big move that the kiddies go crazy for.
He changes his hair almost daily/weekly
He can't talk on the mic.

ITS ALMOST AS IF HES AN EXACT CLONE!

Could he be the long lost 3rd Hardy Boy?

Interesting thought, he does seem to share several traits with the drugged-up younger Hardy!

I think Gabriel has alot of potential. He is entertaining in the ring, the fans have been taking to him and he has the good looks that coul help to make him very popular with the WWE's female fans. He isnt incredible on the mic, but he is still very new to the game and he will improve. I definitely see Gabriel getting involved to IC/US title level within the next year, he will almost certainly be the breakout star from this team.

Slalter on the other hand has very little to offer. I could see him going to Superstars and perhaps ending up in a team with another jobber like Curt Hawkins. That could be a good move for him, as there do not seem to be many career prospects for him as a singles wrestler. I reckon he will be out of a job with 12-18 months.

I do not think these two should feud because they could help rebuld the tag team division. However a split seems to be the direction WWE is headed here. Gabriel will likely be a face due to his moves being more suited for a face, which leaves Slater as the heel. I hope tha Slater wins the feud and goes on to a singles run as a heel because I have liked him since day one of NXT season one. I don't like Gabriel, he can get demoted back to developmental or be a jobber. Both would be better off without splitting up though. They will probably get lost in the shuffle after their feud ends.

I hope this is the end of these two. Not just as a tag team, but as major league players.

Why? I'm sure you'll explain below.

I think both are awful.

I disagree there. Sure, Slater's mediocre but he's a damn good seller. And Justin is not even close to awful.

Justin Gabriel is probably the least natural talker on the planet,

He's ahead of Yoshi Tatsu (and the "English isn't his first language" arguement doesn't apply here seeing as it isn't Gabriel's either), Evan Bourne and possibly John Morrison in my books. Sure he sucks but he does have rare flashes of being average (see: his elimination promo from NXT).

and Slater is as annoying as they come.

Then that makes him a natural heel :p

Both are mediocre in the ring, at best. Outside of that flip, what does Gabriel have? Nothing.

From a moveset perspective:
  • Top rope lionsault
  • Russian legsweep => Octopus combination
  • Reverse STO => Koji clutch combination
  • Slingshot senton
  • Standing SSP
  • Blue thunder bomb
  • Hurricane DDT
  • Springboard Japanese armdrag

And that's off the top of my head. Don't try to imply that he's a one trick pony, because you haven't been arsed to look at the matches he had before he was on NXT, where he WAS a one trick pony (but then, DBD's only offensive move on NXT was the heel hook so clearly there were other forces at play there).

And seeing as the moves a wrestler does is a tenth of what's important, he's also pretty good at getting a crowd behind him as a face when he's given the chance to (which isn't a surprise, seeing as he played one for over a decade), which is something he hasn't had the chance to do until now.

Well, that flip is a hell of a lot more than Slater has in the ring, which is absolutely nothing.

He's about as good at selling as Dolph Ziggler. That's something. Not something useful if he's looking to get pushed, but something none the less.

Back to the minors, both of you.

I don't think they're going anywhere, whether you like it or not.

I do not think these two should feud because they could help rebuld the tag team division.

The tag division is an obsolete, unfeatured, overrated division. Both men would do better without it.

However a split seems to be the direction WWE is headed here.

That was fairly obvious after last week's Smackdown.

Gabriel will likely be a face due to his moves being more suited for a face, which leaves Slater as the heel.

Your grasp of the obvious is uncanny.

I hope tha Slater wins the feud and goes on to a singles run as a heel because I have liked him since day one of NXT season one.

Day one of NXT, that was the episode where DBD had a good match with Jericho and Slater was in an average tag match and you took away that Slater was a great wrestler? He's alright, but above average at nothing other than selling.

I don't like Gabriel, he can get demoted back to developmental or be a jobber.

Funny, because that's what's probably going to happen to Slater. Gabriel's look and in ring skills are far less suited to being a jobber than Slater. And unlike Slater has things going for him other than being a good seller. The outcome of last week's match made it pretty clear who WWE prefers (hint: it's not the guy who got squashed).

Both would be better off without splitting up though. They will probably get lost in the shuffle after their feud ends.

I doubt it. The tag division is dead and they've both unlikely to get lost in the shuffle. Slater's going to be a jobber, so the shuffle's irrelevent for him since he's not getting shuffled anyway.

Gabriel on the other hand has a unique niche in the ring that he fills. Name one other high flier who can also powerbomb John Cena and trade holds with submission guys. I certainly can't. Which puts him in a good position to be used in the midcard since he can play multiple roles in different types of matches.

I actually liked them as a tag team but they'd be better off as singles competitors. Well Justin Gabriel would. He has the potential to become a star. He has great wrestling skills but is boring and sucks on the mic. He needs a change of gimmick. As someone said earlier he is every womans dream. Well he is mine :) and i think the WWE should play off that.

And as for the one man rock band. He has . . . Potential. I think he is a really good wrestler but sucks on the mic. For some reason i think he's going to become a regular on Superstar's.

BTW, with the breakup of Gabriel and Slater, how many tag teams are there in the WWE ? You'd think since they have a tag team division they should at least have several tag teams ! ...

Both have at least mid card IC title division potential, and I dig both guys personas, look, movesets, and music...the base general set up for both is good.

Obviously, as I seem to always say....It just depends on what they do with them. Mic time, character dvelopment? Of course both have all the potential in the world to be very good IC title contenders....Without? If they go with the "Alex Riley Special" ? Yea, of course no fucking way.

Both guys got all the tools, it just depends on how they are put to use.

I see Gabriel in a lot of ways analogous to Evan Bourne. Not a great talker, and a stage in his career where all he really needs is experience. They even have the same excuse of having a ridiculously cool looking finisher. So, yeah, just keep Gabriel around. He hasn't had much of an opportunity to grow, being stuck in the Nexus/Corre for nearly his whole career. But as things go he works a match as good as most of the midcard and he's a fine addition there as far as I'm concerned.

Slater is a rung below Gabriel but I don't think he warrants a demotion to FCW. Perhaps an extended stay on Superstars would be best for him, a gimmick of some sort. If nothing else Slater can work a pretty decent match. He's got a decent look to him as well, or so I think. Maybe he just grew on me. The basic point here is this - Slater's got enough potential to be a respectable midcarder, IC Champion, and there's no sense taking a guy with over a year's worth of build and seasoning off of TV to start over with somebody else. Just keep him around for a body in the midcard for the time being. A year or two down the line, maybe he's an IC or US Champ.

Of course if history tells us anything about recent WWE tag team splits it's that one of them gets totally boned while the other sticks around for at least awhile. You'd think it'd be Gabriel to stick around, but then again, you really think Shad would have been the guy out of Cryme Tyme to succeed. So we'll see how that works out.

I was surprised at this split too...They needed to break up all of these guys though...the grouping of all these NXT guys was just getting old since they split Nexus and Corre...It was not interesting.

I could care less about Slater. His tights look great, and he has cool hair, but other than that, I can't say anything good about him. He can be very boring and bland when it comes to personality, and he sounds horrendous on the mic. Slater might stick around as a jobber, but I don't think he will be elevated above this status..

This.
Slater never did anything for me, but worst of all, he's worse on the mic than Otunga, and that's saying something - I actually mute the TV..
I hope he likes Primo, Tatsu and the rest of the SuperStars crowd, they will soon be best buddies.

Gabriel has the IT factor. His look is great, the women will adore him, the boys will want to do 450 splashes on the trampolines in their gardens, he is decent enough on the stick, but unfortunately for him, he is about 12 years or so late.
Gabriel would've been a great addition to the Cruiser weight division but with the emphasis lying completely elsewhere I think Gabriel is a mid-carder for life, I can see him running with the IC/US title and probably a few more Tag Titles but he will never Main Event.

I can actually see Gabriel holding the world championship> He's just got to get matches with main eventers first and you know he will rise to the top. As for Slater... Staight to superstars, losing streak and WAY WORSE than TRENT BARRETA! and thats saying something.

I can actually see Gabriel holding the world championship> He's just got to get matches with main eventers first and you know he will rise to the top. As for Slater... Staight to superstars, losing streak and WAY WORSE than TRENT BARRETA! and thats saying something.

Yeah, only a few things missing from Gabriel becoming world champ. They are, in no particular order:

1. A gimmick where he isn't riding Wade Barret's coattails

2. A personality. A real one.

3. Appreciable wrestling technique that doesn't contain he number "450."

4. Fans to remember who he is and which one is Heath Slater.

5. Singles matches with mid-carders.

6. Singles matches with upper-mid carders.

7. Singles matches with main eventers.

8. Singles matches on a PPV.

9. Singles matches on Raw or Smackdown.

10. Singles matches.

11. A reputation for being something other than a spot monkey or Kelly Kelly's current fucktoy.

12. Mic skills.

13. An interview on a PPV.

14. An interview on Raw or Smackdown.

15. An interview.

But other than these 15 MINOR details, yeah, he's right here on the cusp.

You guys will have to excuse IC, he is too busy playing raquet ball and board games on Fridays to develop an even remotely informed opinion on the subject before blathering his ignorant mouth.

Yeah, only a few things missing from Gabriel becoming world champ. They are, in no particular order:

2. A personality. A real one.

8. Singles matches on a PPV.

13. An interview on a PPV.

But other than these 15 MINOR details, yeah, he's right here on the cusp.

Yea, those are the only legit ones from your list. If you had watched, well, any, episodes of SD, Superstars, or NXT, you would know that. But you dont, and you didnt.

As I said earlier, he needs some character development to get some insight into his character, but its tough to get a personality over with little mic time, and little in way of feuds. He has demonstrated decent to good ability to work a mic, and has an accent anyway...Which, unless you are Zeke Jackson, makes you interesting without even needing to be interesting.

World champion material, most certainley not, not with zero character development, but that could be said of any wrestler...Uh, ever, and its outrageously unfair and downright silly to judge someone who has worked mostly shows that you openly proclaim you dont watch. Hello. He has all the tools, and has shown them when given the chance... just needs to be utilized in something other than making up numbers in spot fest type roles.

NorCal, look at the ratings. You bring up Smackdown, and that's legit. I don't always catch Smackdown and often read the spoilers so I don't feel obligated to do so. But are you seriously invoking NXT and Superstars here, like THAT invalidates my point?

Dude, I hate to rely too much on ratings, but there is one thing they do tell us - MOST people, (excluding yourself, of course) have lives. And that makes the tertiary programs like NXT and Superstars highly expendable.

Explain to me, in this very thread, what Justin Gabriel's gimmick is right now and how it makes him unique, since you removed point #1 from my list.

Tell me which upper mid-carders and main-eventers he's had matches with. I will then determine whether they qualify.

Tell me what Gabriel's reputation is aside from being a spot monkey and being KK's fucktoy. And if you tell me he is "the cool guy from the Nexus" or some shit like that, I'll invalidate that by reminding you he is the "cool guy" because of his finisher.

Listen, I am not hatng on Justin Gabriel, I like him. I am merely pointing out that seeing him as a "future world champion" at this point in his "career" is akin to saying the same things about Evan Bourne. I've frequently said that I'd make Justin Gabriel the cornerstone of the revamped Cruiserweight Division. But every one of my points - except MAYBE "matches on Smackdown," is relevant, and just because you've decided to find all of my recent posts and try to rile me up (it worked, obviously) doesn't mean I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back