General ROH Spam Thread

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
'Cause I don't know why the fuck we don't have one of these, and nobody posts non-spam about ROH despite there being a ton of people on here who watch it.

I'm FINALLY all caught up on my ROH, spent the last few days cycling through their November-January TV shows/DVDs/iPPV's that I missed and I'm watching this latest week's TV show right now, about to start the Davey Richards/Jay Lethal ROH Title match main event, looks to be solid with 20+ minutes of TV time remaining. ROH started airing in Rhode Island about 2 weeks ago, so I can actually watch the TV show on my TV now instead of my laptop, which is a nice change of pace. Production seems to have improved as well on the show, though they still could badly use the upgrade to HD equipment to put them over the top visually.

Anyways, who's excited for the 10th Anniversary Show? Main event sounds quite good and I'm ecstatic to see O'Reilly and Cole getting big pushes. General ROH spamtalk in here, whether TV or DVD or iPPV related.

Okay, just finished Richards/Lethal, GREAT little TV bout while it lasted, the ending fell a bit flat (finishing Lethal off with that crappy kick after interference after that 20 minute hot-as-fuck slobberknocker was lame) but overall one of the better matches on the TV show so far. Almost thought Lethal might pull it out for a second when he hit the Macho elbow and I already knew the results of the match beforehand, good shit. I'd go like ***1/2 stars for that easy.

I used to think Davey Richards had some potential. After watching that show I would have believed it if someone told me his gimmick was "****** strong." Good news for ROH though as this likely means he will be there a long time.

I used to think Davey Richards had some potential. After watching that show I would have believed it if someone told me his gimmick was "****** strong." Good news for ROH though as this likely means he will be there a long time.

I'm nowhere close to Davey's biggest fan, but if you're talking about that Richards/Lethal match I was just describing, his selling was spot on from start to finish, as was Lethal's. That was in no way a cliched indie pseudo-strong style match where the guys hit 1000 finishers and don't sell anything, that reminded me more of an old school NWA TV match with some new-school moves thrown in if anything. Crowd was going crazy for the last 5 minutes or so.

I think I had been distracted by my phone at some points during the match. I wasn't referring to much beyond what he wore to the ring and his weird posture/appearance at points.The match itself was decent. I found Lethal a little sloppy and thought they worked the mat/submissions a little too much. I was into it at the end when I legit thought Lethal might get it but as you said then it kind of just ended after all that had gone on.

Man, I haven't seen an ROH show since Danielson's farewell event. Been a long, long time. I don't even know who Adam Cole is.

I just looked at the listing for the 10th Anniversary Show though and it does look pretty good. I see that Jimmy Jacobs and Kevin Steen are currently feuding; I bet that's fucking awesome.

But still... I don't see myself going out of the way to download shows on my shitty computer or buying any DVDs. ROH will have to start airing in my city for me to start watching again.

I've been watching regularly for a while now. It airs on TV here, albeit in a ridiculous timeslot (Saturdays at 11:30 PM).

I fucking love Kevin Steen. He's so damn great. His whole deal with being "ROH's worst nightmare" has been progressing nicely. I'm looking forward to his match with Jimmy Jacobs and it's one I definitely see Steen winning. He'll be ROH World Champion by the end of the year, he's been great.

O'Reilly is also climbing up the ladder and becoming one of my favorites. His match with Edwards was pretty good; he can definitely hang with top talent. I'd like to see him in the World Championship scene later on this year. He has the potential to be a star, so I hope they really allow him to grow and work some good matches.

Tomasso Ciampa's another guy I'm really big on. He's really got some good intensity and they've built him well. I'm thinking he probably beats Jay Lethal for the TV Title, right?

Honestly, I don't watch ROH because I prefer the entertainment factor of storylines and drama over just pure, in-ring action. Granted, I haven't watched enough ROH to say they don't have these things but from what I've heard, they can't compare to other promotions in terms of their storyline writing and the like.

If I wanted to watch nothing but in-ring action, I'd stay glued to YouTube all day.

I don't even think they have any intention on growing. They just want to exist and produce a good, pure-wrestling product.

They're a near-perfect breeding ground for new talent.

Honestly, I don't watch ROH because I prefer the entertainment factor of storylines and drama over just pure, in-ring action. Granted, I haven't watched enough ROH to say they don't have these things but from what I've heard, they can't compare to other promotions in terms of their storyline writing and the like.

If I wanted to watch nothing but in-ring action, I'd stay glued to YouTube all day.

Is this your way of telling me you hate Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio? It's quite roundabout. I wish you'd be more direct.

Man, I haven't seen an ROH show since Danielson's farewell event. Been a long, long time. I don't even know who Adam Cole is.

I just looked at the listing for the 10th Anniversary Show though and it does look pretty good. I see that Jimmy Jacobs and Kevin Steen are currently feuding; I bet that's fucking awesome.

But still... I don't see myself going out of the way to download shows on my shitty computer or buying any DVDs. ROH will have to start airing in my city for me to start watching again.

Honestly, you're not missing anything amazing by not watching. Product has definitely taken a step down since Danielson left, but the tag division is probably the best in North America right now and they've got some really promising young talent like Kyle O'Reilly, Adam Cole, and Michael Elgin, who is a motherfucking BEAST. Elgin might just be my new favorite obsession, the dude is built like a fucking mack truck but he bounces and bumps around like a cruiserweight. He's ridiculously strong, like freaking John Cena strong. Dude's going to be a star in no time.

I've been watching regularly for a while now. It airs on TV here, albeit in a ridiculous timeslot (Saturdays at 11:30 PM).

I fucking love Kevin Steen. He's so damn great. His whole deal with being "ROH's worst nightmare" has been progressing nicely. I'm looking forward to his match with Jimmy Jacobs and it's one I definitely see Steen winning. He'll be ROH World Champion by the end of the year, he's been great.

O'Reilly is also climbing up the ladder and becoming one of my favorites. His match with Edwards was pretty good; he can definitely hang with top talent. I'd like to see him in the World Championship scene later on this year. He has the potential to be a star, so I hope they really allow him to grow and work some good matches.

Tomasso Ciampa's another guy I'm really big on. He's really got some good intensity and they've built him well. I'm thinking he probably beats Jay Lethal for the TV Title, right?

I haven't really seen enough of Ciampa to have any real opinion on him. I've never seen him work more than a 10 minute singles match, but he seems solid in the ring and he gets good heat. He's the perfect guy for a stable like The Embassy.

So out of touch with ROH lately. I haven't watched in ages.

Yeah like I said, you're not missing anything amazing. Good amount of solid wrestling and the Kevin Steen angle is quite interesting, but outside of that the product has become a bit average as of late.

Can I talk about CM Punk and Daniel Bryan in here? I'm going to.

Sure why not. Any past ROH discussion is fine in here too.

It's funny because every year ROH has some of the absolute best "storylines and drama" in pro wrestling, yet they get pigeonholed as being nothing but sterile pseudo-strong style spotfests with no angles or characters, which is absolute horseshit. The whole El Generico/Kevin Steen/Steve Corino angle has been literally going on for TWO YEARS now and it's easily been one of the most epic feuds I've seen in any promotion, ever. I'm not even being hyperbolic here, if you enjoy quality long-term booking of an angle with lots of drama and surprises, there's no reason you shouldn't be watching ROH, if only for Kevin Steen right now.

Shit I'd take the whole Generico/Steen/Corino saga over last year's "Summer of Punk" even. In fact I'd take it over that pretty easily because whereas that angle was really only interesting for about a month, this one has been going on for 2 years and is still exciting.

Their production values are horrid. I think they have to find a way to step up there if they ever want to grow.

They really aren't that bad. The only reason it looks so shitty in comparison to WWE or TNA is because they don't film in HD. The actual production values of the show (graphics, editing, lighting, etc) are all pretty top notch, it just looks like shit because it's filmed in SD and it's the year 2012 and everyone is used to HD now.

I don't even think they have any intention on growing. They just want to exist and produce a good, pure-wrestling product.

They're a near-perfect breeding ground for new talent.

Well of course they're trying to grow. They ARE growing right now, SBG has added like two dozen new stations to their airing line-up over the last few months, they're running shows in new areas. It's slow but they're definitely on the upswing right now, growing steadily but slowly.

They really aren't that bad. The only reason it looks so shitty in comparison to WWE or TNA is because they don't film in HD. The actual production values of the show (graphics, editing, lighting, etc) are all pretty top notch, it just looks like shit because it's filmed in SD and it's the year 2012 and everyone is used to HD now.

I have to disagree and I am far from a production snob. HD would certainly help them but their product looks like public access film quality from the 90s. That is a really hard thing to overcome in present times. The people working their cameras do a good enough job but the set is low class and the lighting seems questionable. They also seem like they might need someone designing the attire for their roster.

I have to disagree and I am far from a production snob. HD would certainly help them but their product looks like public access film quality from the 90s. That is a really hard thing to overcome in present times. The people working their cameras do a good enough job but the set is low class and the lighting seems questionable. They also seem like they might need someone designing the attire for their roster.

I've seen a lot of shitty indy stuff, in comparison, Ring of Honor looks like fucking GOLD. The lighting is a little off, but it's alright, really. I'm sure it'll get better as time goes on, but I don't mind it for where the product as a whole is, right now.

I haven't really seen enough of Ciampa to have any real opinion on him. I've never seen him work more than a 10 minute singles match, but he seems solid in the ring and he gets good heat. He's the perfect guy for a stable like The Embassy.

Oh, he's good. He was signed to WWE for a while, too. He seems like the kind of guy who they'd be all over. Solid all-around, really.

I like The Embassy. He's good for that stable, he's their young gun who's tearing through the roster (or is poised to). It's a nice build. Maybe they're not confident in his talking ability either (so they use this as a cover up), but I think he's fine, from what I've seen.

Question: What would a ROH thread be without Slyfox?

the ending fell a bit flat (finishing Lethal off with that crappy kick after interference after that 20 minute hot-as-fuck slobberknocker was lame)
I came in here to say just that. That finish was ridiculous. I'm pretty certain Lethal had already been hit by at least one, maybe two, of those kicks already. But that nudge he received in the back against the ropes...deadly.

Answer: A lot more enjoyable for ROH fans. :)

I absolutely hated the ending of the title match, too. I was actually able to tolerate Richards for much of that match, but that ending just ruined it (I know the ending had little to do with Richards).

I am not really looking forward to the "10 Anniversary Show" much at all. As happy as I am that they're pushing Adam Cole, I can't stand Team Ambition. And the story between O'Reilly and Edwards is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

I can't wait for Steen to win the title. It's between him and the Briscoes for who the best in ROH are at the moment.

I watched the first episode all the way back in September. It was pretty bad and I stopped.

However, I remember seeing a tag team called The Bravados. I thought they were pretty neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back