Ring of Honor Best in the World 2012: Hostage Crisis LD

The Bearded One

Love is not admissable evidence.
Tonight, ROH returns to iPPV at 5 p.m. Eastern time with Best in the World 2012: Hostage Crisis. The show is being streamed on the company's website. After the Border Wars debacle, those who ordered Border Wars and didn't ask for a refund will receive this show free. Hopefully the same technical issues won't plague this show, too. Here's the card:

ROH World Championship - ANYTHING GOES! THE PILEDRIVER IS LEGAL!
ROH World Champion Kevin Steen (if still champion) defends against Davey Richards

ROH World Tag Team Championship
Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) vs The All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)

Special Challenge Match
"The Belfast Bruiser" Fit Finlay vs "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin w/ Truth Martini

3 Way Elimination Match for the ROH World TV Championship
ROH World TV Champion Roderick Strong defends against former champion Jay Lethal & "The Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa

Former ROH World Champions Do Battle for the First Time in NYC
"Die Hard" Eddie Edwards vs "Notorious 187" Homicide

Grudge Tag Team Match
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs the Guardians of Truth w/ Truth Martini

Hybrid Fighting Rules
Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly

Signed to appear
- “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett with Maria Kanellis
- Steve Corino

Also, you can listen to a live pre-iPPV preview show at http://rohworld.com/live/.

Anyone else watching the show?

Adam Cole just had his teeth kicked out of his mouth by Kyle O'Reilly. With the teeth still in the ring, he makes O'Reilly tap out. That was insane. Results so far:

Briscoes over Guardians of Truth
Homicide over Eddie Edwards
Adam Cole over Kyle O'Reilly

I'm watching it. The Cole bit was sick, I'm not sure why but I'm on a delay of at least fifteen minutes. They need to sort this streaming shit out, some people are reporting it as being laggy too. Otherwise, good show so far, Fit Finlay was moving like a twenty year old, I've no clue how he stays in such a good physical condition. He and Elgin had the match of the night so far. Disagree with Bennett getting made to look like a chump by Mondo, but Christ that dude is getting bigger by the appearance.

And I also disagree with the decision to give ANX the Tag Team Championships. I like them, but they aren't as good as WGTT, as a team or separately, it was a good match however, but just don't agree with the decision.

Oh, and the "Kill Steen Kill" t-shirts are the same design as the John Cena "Rise Above Hate" t-shirts. Awesome.

LOL "YEY!!!, KEVIN STEEN CALLED US HYPOCRITICAL PEICES OF SHIT!!! YAY!!!!"

ROH fans can really be fucking ******ed sometimes

That was an awesome show for the most part. This show made Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly stars. And I hate the NY crowd sometimes, such as during Steen's promo at the end.

Finally the fucking thing ended. I may send Ring of Honor an e-mail, won't ask for a refund, but being on a fifteen minute delay behind everyone else is kind of shitty.

Either way, the Anything Goes Match was intense. Loved some of the offense from Richards with the chain around his foot. Kevin Steen's splash to the outside shows me that he is either legitimately insane or he is determined to put on a show. The fact Jim Cornette, whose known for being an advocate of pure wrestling is ringside when this is going on, was kind of humorous. Jim Cornette taking the spike from Jacobs kind of made me laugh, don't truly know why. Nice ending, good match, good story.

Promo afterwards was Steen just letting rip. What's sad is, what he says is true, almost all of it. Ring of Honor fans always seem to turn on the World Champion, because they want to chant for the guy who doesn't have the belt instead of the guy who does. Steen basically ends that with the promo. "Fuck Ring of Honor," still sounds cool one year on, and this storyline will continue raging onward.

Overall, great Pay-Per-View. Don't agree with everything, but well worth the money, even despite the delay I encountered. Might fork out the money for a "Kill Steen Kill" t-shirt, it's a parody, so WWE can't say shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back