Genesis: Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
"Olympic Gold Medalist" Kurt Angle vs "The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett

Well I just saw this match announced on the official TNA website and I'm not surprised. Seeing how Angle defeated Rhino in unsurprising fashion, this was a no brainer. So the rematch takes place 3 months after their first encounter. Jarrett already won their first match, so only Angle has something to gain here.

If TNA were smart, they would have made Angle win the match at Bound For Glory so that the fans actually want to see the rematch as they would naturally want Jarrett to win since he is the face.

The rematch should be good though, but it just won't be as big as their first encounter. It will most likely be one of the main events of the night, but not the very last match. A good 20 minute match I'm predicting here with Jeff Jarrett picking up another win due to interference by Mick Foley. This will cause more anger for Kurt who will be determined to have yet another rematch with Jarrett at the next pay per view.

What are your thoughts on this rematch?

The sooner this match is done, the sooner Jarrett becomes part of the main Event Mafia. Before Angle came along Jarrett was the only legitimate TNA headliner. It's irrelevant if people consider him to be in the same league as Sting & the others.

Joe, Styles, Sting, Cage, none of them have been constant main event stars. Sting is around to little, and the others have spent too long as mid carders. It might help the Frontline to get a wrestler who might make them look more legitimate. But that's not Jarrett, and it's certainly not Rhino.

This match will probably be more complicated than it needs to be.

On paper this should be a good match. We have Jeff Jarrett who is a big TNA guy and was the biggest guy in the company a few years ago. Then we have Kurt Angle, one of the most popular guys right now. The match should be huge but with it being a rematch and a pretty weak buildup/feud it really seems dull and boring.

I can see Jarrett winning just because of the rumors that Angle is soon going to be done with TNA & is going back to WWE(I'll believe it when I see it), so they might as well give Jarett and push and have him go over Angle. Like I said this is like Cena Vs. HHH but with the shitty promotion and storyline I could care less about the match(and I'm an Angle fan).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back