HAPPY STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN DAY!!

shadyfozzie

Occasional Pre-Show
As many of you know, today is 3/16. 3:16 was SCSA most memorable catchphrases (and one of the top 10 catchphrases of all time).

If you don't remember how it originated, here's a summary:
Austin's genuine rise to superstardom began at the 1996 King of the Ring. Austin began using his trademark finishing maneuver, the Stone Cold Stunner; with this new technique, he won the King of the Ring tournament. After defeating Marc Mero in the semi-finals, Austin defeated Jake "The Snake" Roberts in the finals.At the time, Roberts was portraying a born-again Christian, so after the match, Austin cut a now famous promo during his coronation, telling Roberts, "You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass!". "Austin 3:16" ultimately became one of the most popular catch phrases in wrestling history, and subsequently went on to become the highest selling t-shirt in WWE merchandise history.

Here's the video of that moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT_3wUvPR5o

There is no question about this.. I just wanted to wish everyone happy SCSA day!! Feel free to comment :)

stone-cold.jpg

I've changed my facebook profile picture to celebrate the event. i think it's time for a group to officially recognize March 16th as Stone Cold Steve Austin day. Consider it St. Patrick's Day Eve, another excuse to get drunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back