How Money in the Bank can be made more interesting.

The Hillside

Pre-Show Stalwart
I just got random thoughts about how WWE can make this gimmick match or PPV more interesting with certain changes and yeah there is a lot of potential I see in it. Let's see:

Money in the Bank Ladder matches:

Money in the Bank Steel Cage Match (the briefcase and ladder are inside a cage, anyone escaping or throw out of the cage will not allowed to compete further).

Money in the Bank Barbed Wire Steel Cage Match (Similar cage to the one used in Show/JBL match at No Way Out 2005, however this time the ladder and the briefcase are placed outside the cage so that the participants have to go through the taste of the barbed wire on the top of the cage before they can go for the briefcase outside, expect some action at the top of the cage)

Money in the Bank TLC Match (Same as the regular MITB match, only that the tables and chairs are allowed to be used)

Money in the Bank Hardcore match (Same as the regular MITB match with all the weapons allowed)

Money in the Bank Hell in a Cell Match (WWE decides where to place the ladder and the briefcase in this, inside the cell, outside the cell or on top of the cell ((scary stuff if it is placed on the top)), anyways shall be fun and interesting wherever it has to end)

Money in the Bank Elimination Rules Match (In order to win the briefcase only two men should remain in the match in the end and the rest should be eliminated through a pinfall or a submission)

And here are some of the contract changing ideas I came up with:

Instead of regular WHC or WWE Title contract it can be something else in the briefcase like:

World Heavyweight Championship in the briefcase

WWE Championship in the briefcase

Both the World Titles in the briefcase (only for main eventing participants)

Contract for both the World Titles in the briefcase

Conract to face Undertaker at Wrestlamania/shot at Taker's streak

Contract to become GM of one of the shows for a certain time

Surprise in the briefcase match (can be anything in the briefcase, should be unannounced and leave it as a mystery to be revealed at the end of the match or on television sometime)

What ideas do you all have?

I just got random thoughts about how WWE can make this gimmick match or PPV more interesting with certain changes and yeah there is a lot of potential I see in it. Let's see:

Money in the Bank Ladder matches:

Money in the Bank Steel Cage Match (the briefcase and ladder are inside a cage, anyone escaping or throw out of the cage will not allowed to compete further)
Why would you escape, how would you be able to get thrown out short of climbing up the cage to jump onto the briefcase?

Money in the Bank Barbed Wire Steel Cage Match (Similar cage to the one used in Show/JBL match at No Way Out 2005, however this time the ladder and the briefcase are placed outside the cage so that the participants have to go through the taste of the barbed wire on the top of the cage before they can go for the briefcase outside, expect some action at the top of the cage)
No, just no.
Money in the Bank TLC Match (Same as the regular MITB match, only that the tables and chairs are allowed to be used)

Money in the Bank Hardcore match (Same as the regular MITB match with all the weapons allowed)
Last I knew, money in the bank was a no DQ Match, why insert the name into it, if they wanted to use other weapons just use them?
Money in the Bank Hell in a Cell Match (WWE decides where to place the ladder and the briefcase in this, inside the cell, outside the cell or on top of the cell ((scary stuff if it is placed on the top)), anyways shall be fun and interesting wherever it has to end)

Money in the Bank Elimination Rules Match (In order to win the briefcase only two men should remain in the match in the end and the rest should be eliminated through a pinfall or a submission)
It just wouldn't seem as interesting that way. not as unpredictable when it can only be one of two people at the end who can win it.

And here are some of the contract changing ideas I came up with:

Instead of regular WHC or WWE Title contract it can be something else in the briefcase like:

World Heavyweight Championship in the briefcase

WWE Championship in the briefcase
This would make sense if the title was vacated, if it wasn't vacated it would really just be an 8 man ladder match right? Why bother putting it into a briefcase?
Both the World Titles in the briefcase (only for main eventing participants)
That would only work if they was combining the title. But it would also be better to have a one on one match in that case.

Contract for both the World Titles in the briefcase
Why?

Conract to face Undertaker at Wrestlamania/shot at Taker's streak
Not really hard to launch into a fued with taker. Plus not really enough legit threats to the undertaker for a MITB match.

MITB don't need changing maybe the match itself could be a bit more interesting but the purpose of them don't really need spicing up.

I only like 2 of your ideas. One of those I had thought of myself before. I like the elimination money in the bank match. I also like the idea of having the briefcase be for a match against The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Make Money in the Bank like King of the Ring. Have a series of qualifying matches (let's say 8 or 6 matches) on PPV and have the MITB with 8 or 6 participants as the Finale Main event.

Why you may ask?

Well the last PPV MITB was ok but there was one problem. There were two. At Wrestlemania the MITB matches are normally the opening matches or close to it. It made the match exciting to watch.

In the MITB PPV I am often exhausted by the 2nd MITB match. Probably because so much already happened in the 1st MITB match of the night. I would say it's probably better to have the format like this:

MITB PPV

MITB Quantifying Match 1: The Big Show def. Santino
MITB Quantifying Match 2: Cody Rhodes def. Rey Mysterio
MITB Quantifying Match 3: John Cena def. Kane
MITB Quantifying Match 4: Dolph Ziggler def. Kofi Kingston
MITB Quantifying Match 5: Christian def. Alberto Del Rio
MITB Quantifying Match 6: Chris Jericho def. The Miz

-Insert WWE and World Title Match -

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
The Big Show vs. John Cena vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Christian vs. Chris Jericho

It makes the PPV less predictable by having that surprise element and helps avoid diluting the MITB match and winner by only having one person with the MITB Contract.

It also gives the MITB Contract holder more freedom since it allows that superstar to challenge for the WWE or World Title.

Money in the Bank matches are already a cluster mess to book as it is. A Steel Cage version sounds better on paper than it actually would be. As for a Hell In a Cell version, it really wouldn't be any different from a Steel Cage version. I'd prefer the traditonal Ladder Match type. A TLC or Barbed Wire match only add to the potential of severe injury. These matches are dangerous enough as it is without adding the chaos of MITB to them, so I'd be unsure of that ending well. I am against your idea of changing what is in the briefcase. There is no reason to change the format of MITB. Putting the title itself in the briefcase turns a MITB Ladder match into a regular Ladder match that just happens to have a lot of people in it. A contract for GM just wouldn't seem worth it. Now if they did MITB matches for the midcard and tag team titles, alongside the world title briefcases, it would be something I would support. They could even do a match for a divas briefcase if various divas picked male wrestlers to represent them. The male would get a title shot and the diva gets a briefcase to cash in.

The idea of using MITB to cash in on Undertaker's streak is one of the stupdiest things I have ever heard. You're not the first one to mention it, which has me scratching my head more. Why does this keep coming up? It's a terrible idea! Undertaker's undefeated streak is NOT a championship. It's an annual event that will receive attention no matter who the opponent is, why waste MITB on that? It will never happen. The surprise in a briefcase COULD work, but it depends on what's in it, and we could get something really annoying like a dance contest with Brodus as opposed to a title shot. I'd rather MITB stay the way it is unless they add more title briefcases. It's honestly fine the way it is and doesn't need any major revision. They could try it as a TLC match, I suppose, but the danger level skyrockets if they did. The old saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". The Royal Rumble has existed for a long time and has not seen any massive revisions, so why would MITB? Keep it the way it is or add matches for briefcases regarding the other titles.

A barbwire steel cage match? fucking really? They're trying to keep the product as blood free as possiable & you want to stick them in a cage wrapped in barbwire, where they are all but guaranteed to bleed profusely, that may be one of the dumber ideas I have ever come across in my 6 yrs. on this forum.

You want to fix MITB, & make it interesting again, then eliminate one of the briefcases, & change the stipulation so that it can be used on ANY title in WWE & make do what someone else already suggested, have a series of qualifier matches building up to the MITB match at the end of the night, similar to how KOTR used to be. Then tell creative to actually get fucking creative with the cash in, & stop doing the same old shit every time.

The only way to really make MITB more interesting is to keep in the same format, as in a ladder match. However, I think there should only be one ladder match and the winner can chose either the WWE or WHC to cash in on. These days since they are practically ignoring any sort of brand split, it would be much less predictable when it comes to the briefcase holder cashing in.

I don't mind the idea of having a championship in the briefcase, but that would have to be a one off thing where for some reason the title becomes vacated. That's the only way it would make sense.

MITB is still a fresh concept and is working well when WWE comes to push some of their talent, but it will get boring after sometime.

But the times MITB winner has been successful in cashing it is starting to make it sound obvious that the winner will be a world champion in the future. Cena was already the face of the WWE and did not even need that and to my surprise has become the first wrestler to not to have successfully cashed in.

For some reason I find the idea strange. We have a champion who successfully won the World Title through hard-work by beating big stars or winning the Rumble and then defended the title successfully for months. Then all of a sudden we get a MITB winner who looks for an opportunity where the champion is weak and beaten during or after a match and cashes it on him to become the world champion and keep the title with him for long. See The Miz for example, no wonder The Miz went downsliding after he lost his first WWE title run.

How does that justify making someone a World Champion?

There was nothing wrong with Taker's match on the line in the MITB. We can put guys like Sheamus, Jericho, Del Rio and The Miz in it, leave the fans to total surprise and push someone from there into an eventual big match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

No offence, but a lot of these ideas sound very bad (perhaps even over-the-top gimmick matches that a russo era wCw would adopt).

I do like the idea of the qualification matches throughout the night though - almost like a MitB KotR, in essence.

If anything, they should only have one MitB bout - keep the unpredictable alive (much like the royal rumble - who will the winner face).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back