WWE Money in the Bank - General Discussion Thread

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
14783078.jpg

moneyinbank.jpg

Due to the growth of the concept known as "Money in the Bank (MITB)", the WWE felt that it needed its own PPV. Therefore, on Sunday July 18th, we'll get just that. According to reports, plans are to have two Money in the Bank matches taking place: one for Raw and one for Smackdown. That means that two men will be able to walk around with a briefcase and notoriety as (possibly) the next WWE or World Heavyweight champion. After all, according to history, every single man that has ever held the briefcase has gone on to become a world champion (with the exception of Mr. Kennedy/Anderson).

The Money in the Bank storylines always seem to bring a good sense of shock value, since the MITB briefcase can be cashed in at ANY time. That means that TWO (hopefully) major surprises are going to be given to us over the course of the next 9 months. I feel that having a PPV dedicated to this concept is a good move by the WWE, as long as they keep another one of these matches at Wrestlemania. The concept was adopted there and has become a staple in the annual event.

Let's keep all discussion about the event, including match speculation, concept discussion, and possible winners of the MITB matches in this thread.

im actually pretty excited for this PPV, im hoping to see john morrison win for raw as he's always been a favourite of mine but as far as smackdown goes i dont really see anyone who hasnt held the wwe or world championship as a possible winner of the smackdown event, so im gonna guess that either kane or matt hardy win the smackdown MITB because i'd love to see kane as a world champ again and even though most people wont agree i think matt deserves to have a major title at least once in his career even if its only for a month

*actually christian could also be a good choice to win, i forgot about him and i think he definately has the potential to win this match

I just really, really hope that they don't go with the same, tired, "MITB holder cashes in on an unconscious opponent" storyline again. Four times in a row is enough for me, thank you.

What I would like to see happen is an MITB winner cash in his briefcase at the pay-per-view. I would have liked to see that at WrestleMania, but that entails a very tricky setup; promoting a main event AND a MITB match where your eventual winner has a personal reason to bring his battered body into a fresh main event.

Do it at the MITB pay-per-view, and you don't have to worry about confusing an audience that's been expecting the next Orton/Cena iteration for three months.

I'm quite excited about this ppv. MITB has become the new stepping stone to the world championships replacing the Intercontinental and US titles' role as such.

Here are just a few of my thoughts and/or concerns however:

1. The briefcases will be brand exclusive. Since there are going to be two matches I believe that the winner of each match would only be able to cash it in on his own show. That means no pulling a Swagger and jumping shows in order to take out the 'weaker' champion. This would make things a lot less surprising imo. It could limit who the winner could be or when they cash it in. Usually there's a tradeoff between RAW and Smackdown with their world champions. When one's a face, the other is a heel. Swagger (heel) and Cena (face) were both champions heading into Fatal 4way but both lost and Sheamus (heel) and Rey (face) left with the championships. I'm thinking this may very well lead to a heel winning the Smackdown match and a face winning the RAW match and pulling the quick cash-ins. This is in no way necessary however as Swagger and Punk proved.

2. There will be main-eventers participating in the MITB matches. I have a feeling that the WWE is not going to have two matches full of midcarders vying for the briefcase. Also, I don't see them having two midcarders walking around with said briefcase. Call me cynical but I just don't have the faith in WWE to have the faith in their midcard talent.

3. We will have our first MITB briefcase cash-in failure. I am willing to bet the farm on this one. There is no way in hell this 100% success rate continues especially with two Mr MITBs running around. One will be coming up short and hopefully they'll take advantage of him being to the first to fail and have a storyline centered around it.

Like the concept actually, although I'm not overly keen of having 3 money in the bank winners each year, I guess creative could manufacture a push for someone anyway so it's not such a big deal.

For the Raw one I think The Miz is probably favourite. Of all the guys in their midcard, he's got the momentum to pull it off. Other possibles - Truth, Morrison and DiBiase I think. May see Evan Bourne and Zack Ryder in this match too to make it 6.

For Smackdown, Kofi, MVP, Christan, McIntyre, Ziggler and Hardy - a decent 6 certainly. I hope that Christian wins it, but I think we're in more MVP/McIntyre terrortory.

I like the idea, two Money In The Bank contracts will liven things up a bit. A tad dissapointed they're belt specific (I like the idea of someone showing up on another show and winning a belt). But WWE is very high on pushing young talent and I think that's fantastic.

Predictions - The Miz and MVP to win.

I'm liking this. I wish that it would have been a PPV full of qualifiers, with the MITB match as the main event, but I suppose they had to get their bigger names onto it somehow.

So if there will be two MITB matches, then I supposed I'd better pick winners of both.

RAW:

The Miz
The Miz is rising high and fast. He can walk the walk, talk the talk, and would make a great champion. His recent interruption of Orton, and declaring he wants to become the first WWE and US Champion, seems to indicate that he could qualify for and win the ladder match. I certainly think he's main event ready.

Evan Bourne
Bourne is electric, and with reports that they may want to push him to a main event level, this could be the best way to do it. His stock has been rising high, and high-fliers are naturally suited to impress in ladder matches. If they want Miz to feud on a personal level with Orton, I believe Bourne could win here.

SMACKDOWN:

Kofi Kingston
If you ask me, no one comes close. Kofi Kingston is dynamic, exciting, and I'd LOVE to see him become a main eventer. He can wrestle and talk and I thought for sure he'd be the one to win at Wrestlemania. He's ready.

The only thing with this PPV is that I don't want both cash-ins to be surprises. I want one to cash in the briefcase for a PPV title shot, like what RVD did. It's a way for a face that wins to remain face, especially if there's already a face champion.

Just a question, is everyone positive they are going to be brand-exclusive? I never heard it actually mentioned besides on this. I hope they aren't because, well, it would make it a tad more lame. I am also going to call this now: someone will cash it in that PPV, I can almost smell it. Weither they win or lose depends on situation though. Over all it's going to be grand looking forward to watching it. Here is an idea too(although I'm a big Sheamus fan this is why I think this would be awesome): Have Sheamus win his title match, then have the winner come cash in on a "weak" Sheamus, and have Sheamus knock him off too and still walk out with the title. That's my idea of a good idea.

I'm not sure what I think of this. I'm not really the sort of person to criticise something before it has happened, but I'm sceptical about two different cases. As mentioned above, I hope they aren't brand exclusive as it'll be far more predictable, also, what's to stop both people cashing in at the same time-one comes down to capitalise on someone injured say, then the other joins the fray with the same intention. Of course we don't know and will have to wait and see.

As for who I'd like to see pick up the win, for SmackDown I'd like it if it was Christian, but he's not got a push for it, letting talent go over him (such as Archer and Hawkins recently). That said, we all know what happened with Swagger, so anything's possible. On RAW I can see a possible Miz win here, or as a wildcard, Ted DiBiase. I don't think DiBiase will with his current storyline going on, but I think Miz could do it, even though he's got the US title, nothing to stop him carrying a briefcase too.

i think these are gonna be the matches
smackdown mitb match hardy vs mcintyre vs rhodes vs christian vs kingston vs swagger vs big show vs ziggler vs kane vs mvp
unified tag titles match. the hart dynasty vs gabriel and slater
whc match rey mysterio vs cm punk
raw mitb match jericho vs bourne vs morrison vs otunga vs truth vs miz vs dibiase vs cena vs edge vs orton
wwe chamionship match sheamus vs wade barett /w young sheffield and tarver
anybody agree with me

simply put, no, i don't agree with you here, if only for a couple of reasons.

one, i don't think that Sheamus and Barrett are ready to headline a PPV together in a feud and match. i could be wrong here, but i think it still needs more build-up. it's much more likely to see a Sheamus and Cena match or even Sheamus and Orton and Edge triple threat match while Cena battles the Nexxus.

two, Swagger stated on Smackdown that he was cashing in his rematch clause with Rey for the title at the MITB PPV, so that cancels out the Rey and Punk match you guessed.

three, why would Big Show ever be in a MITB match? that's just bad booking IMO. but i've been wrong before.

as for the actual PPV itself and not just going off of the previous posters thoughts, i have high hopes. in theory, this could lead to some exciting qualifying matches on TV also, which could in turn lead to feuds and angles later on.

for sure, were i the writer (which i'm obviously not), i'd make it a big point and deal that every MITB briefcase that has been won has been cashed in for a successful title shot and subsequent win. you could argue the Kennedy one, but Edge eventually took the briefcase and the title not long after. so there goes that. every briefcase has led to gold.

that said, there would be huge passion and energy and urgency in every qualifying match because it's a shot at a match that if won gives a current 100% guarantee at a world title. that's big stuff.

then i'd have two outcomes, though it pains me to say it. i only say it though cuz it'd be different and i'd like to see something different now after 6 MITB matches that have had all but 1 cash in look the exact same.

first, have the Raw guy win. i'd call Morrison for this one. so he wins the MITB briefcase. then he cashes in when Sheamus is at his weakest and tries to steal the title like everyone else has. however, Sheamus gets intentionally disqualified and so retains the title and now Morrison has lost his shot! this could lead to a very easy and credible heel turn, which Morrison is in desperate need of. he could then feud with Cena and Triple H (when he returns) and Orton as the heel. maybe even do a few one-off appearances with Miz in their amazing tag team again, just to further the currently-teased feud between Miz and Orton.

second, have the Smackdown guy win. this would have to be Christian. for me, the only other option would be Kofi as both are so dynamic. i have to give the nod to Christian though just because of his experience and work ethic and his proven ability over time. this guy has been a workhorse forever and is solid at everything he does. now, have him cash in way in advance, like say at Summerslam. have him announce it and say that he doesn't want a fluke win for his first title. he wants it to be memorable and significant and hard to attain because it has been. then have him lose the said planned match. but don't turn Christian heel as a result. just have him chase the title and win it at another big event the right way, say like Wrestlemania, after a lengthy feud with the Smackdown champion. then there would be absolutely no complaints about a cheap win, especially for his first, and there'd be no rushed storyline and no push too quickly to the top.

that's just a few of the ideas i'd have for the PPV.

Although having MITB as a pay per view is great, i really think that its really hurting the concept of it. MITB was a WM exclusive and i personally think that makes the WM more lustrious. Only 8 guys get the opportunity to win the case and then cash it in. Also, u get to use some of the great mid-carders who are meant to be used in such a match. Now idk how this is gonna work, but know your gonna be putting main eventers and possibly midcarders to fill in the spots and obviously from the looks and sounds of it, main eventers will get there push on each respective brands. It wouldv been crazy that like possible 10 or 12 guys (split of each brand) face off in one MITB match. If they can all wrestle very well (WM 26 was a horrible MITB. More people but only 3-4 guys were having ring time and every dude was on the floor) then the PPV concept will be able to stay with its name. Its supposed to be electrifiying, not seeing old ass main eventers doin there shit and gonna get that opportunity again.

Now on ideas of the PPV-Originally I remembered hearing there will be 2 MITB matches. One MITB match was going for the cashing in a World Champ. Another MITB match would be (and please bear with me), either a 7 man NXT MITB to get a contract or Pros vs Rookies MITB and if one of each group wins the case, Pros will get the Rookies not get the contracts and Rookies will get the contracts if they win. Now that this is out of the script, I just hope something great gets to happen at this PPV. i want excitement and actual good wrestling cuz I think MITB is like another EC PPV. I wanna see alot of daredevil acrobatics and alot of crazy shit. Basically a great ladder match that holds onto the PG rating.

Wonderful, so now we can have even more over-exposure for the MITB winners to continue the same ridiculous trend of winning a championship way to fucking early in their careers, eh?

You know, when guys like RVD, Kennedy, CM Punk (2nd time) and Edge won, it made sense, because all four men were primed to finally take that step into the main event spotlight on a more long-term basis, but I don't care how much of a fucking fanboy you are for a guy like Jack Swagger – he never deserved that case, nor did he deserve to be champion this early in his career, and neither, I presume, will the next glut of winners who are almost certainly going to be the all-too-green to the WWE's scene guys like Evan Bourne, John Morrison, Drew McIntyre and Kofi Kingston.

When this was exclusive to WM, at least the concept of winning it meant something. Creating a god damn PPV for it is such overkill that it's just doing to drain whatever value it really had when all the card-carrying members of the DPC start winning world titles left and right.

Now here is what i think MAY happen. I cant speculate on who is going to win, because at the last Money In The Bank, the last person i expected to win was Jack Swagger, but he did.

Perhaps, Smackdown or RAW's winner will announce their cashing in at a PPV. After the match, the OTHER briefcase holder cashes his in and becomes the new champion.

If the reports are to believed then we will be having two Money In The Bank ladder matches and if this is true, then it will be very intriguing to see which, of the endless possibilities, WWE will go for in the end.

The way I see it, is that this could be a good PPV and one that is very worth purchasing. However, this is only true if the WWE pull it off properly and waste this opportunity. The best way to do this event is to use the Money In The Bank matches to elevate some of the mid-card talent and leave as many main eventers out of the matches as possible. Let the main event superstars have their own match but please don’t have them involved in the ladder matches. The way I see it, the MITB matches are best used as tools to get people over. The people that will fill these matches are a complete mystery to me but I would imagine that it will be some of the high-flyers from both Raw and Smackdown, along with maybe a couple of the Nexus thrown in for good measure.

The thing that worries me is that there might not be enough mid-card talent to make these matches go smoothly and interestingly enough to make us care. When you think that the WWE will need 16 names to fill up 2 ladder matches, I struggle to think about who would fill those spots. Of course, you have people like Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne who are all set for matches like MITB. However, out with a couple more names, the roster is kind of empty in regards to who could make this interesting. Nevertheless, I have high hopes for both of the matches and hopefully they an give us the same entertainment that the matches at WrestleMania undoubtedly have.

Anyway, I have my on thoughts as to who will fill the event and if some of it comes off, I will be very happy indeed.

Money In The Bank – Raw Participants
Money In The Bank – Smackdown Participants
WWE Championship – Sheamus vs John Cena vs Wade Barrett
World Heavyweight Championship – Rey Mysterio vs Jack Swagger
CM Punk vs Kane
Evan Bourne vs Jericho.
Random Diva’s Match

I’d imagine that the card is going to look something like that although it is very likely to change. This is especially true if Evan Bourne is to compete in the Money In The Bank ladder match. Hopefully he will be and I would love to see him actually win the thing. I don’t think he will and I honestly think that if he is not going to win it, then he should just be having a match with Jericho as it will likely be better for him.

I like the idea of having separate branded MITB matches. This allows some of the midcard talent to show and it will hopefully avoid a clusterfuck situation of 10 guys in the ring at once. With the brand exclusive we can hopefully have 6 guys (or 8, but that should be the max). For the SD side of things I really only see 3 options. Those are Kofi, Christian, and McIntyre. Christian is the internet darling and everyone probably thinks he has the best chance of winning. I think Kofi and McIntyre stand a better chance.

Now for Raw an interesting idea would be have the winner be a surprise that not many see coming, but for the ultimate swerve have Ted Jr buy the briefcase when he is about to cash it in. This can get Ted some heat and it would give a different storyline for the MITB briefcase.

If the reports are to believed then we will be having two Money In The Bank ladder matches and if this is true, then it will be very intriguing to see which, of the endless possibilities, WWE will go for in the end.

The way I see it, is that this could be a good PPV and one that is very worth purchasing. However, this is only true if the WWE pull it off properly and waste this opportunity. The best way to do this event is to use the Money In The Bank matches to elevate some of the mid-card talent and leave as many main eventers out of the matches as possible. Let the main event superstars have their own match but please don’t have them involved in the ladder matches. The way I see it, the MITB matches are best used as tools to get people over. The people that will fill these matches are a complete mystery to me but I would imagine that it will be some of the high-flyers from both Raw and Smackdown, along with maybe a couple of the Nexus thrown in for good measure.

The thing that worries me is that there might not be enough mid-card talent to make these matches go smoothly and interestingly enough to make us care. When you think that the WWE will need 16 names to fill up 2 ladder matches, I struggle to think about who would fill those spots. Of course, you have people like Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne who are all set for matches like MITB. However, out with a couple more names, the roster is kind of empty in regards to who could make this interesting. Nevertheless, I have high hopes for both of the matches and hopefully they an give us the same entertainment that the matches at WrestleMania undoubtedly have.

Anyway, I have my on thoughts as to who will fill the event and if some of it comes off, I will be very happy indeed.

Money In The Bank – Raw Participants
Money In The Bank – Smackdown Participants
WWE Championship – Sheamus vs John Cena vs Wade Barrett
World Heavyweight Championship – Rey Mysterio vs Jack Swagger
CM Punk vs Kane
Evan Bourne vs Jericho.
Random Diva’s Match

I’d imagine that the card is going to look something like that although it is very likely to change. This is especially true if Evan Bourne is to compete in the Money In The Bank ladder match. Hopefully he will be and I would love to see him actually win the thing. I don’t think he will and I honestly think that if he is not going to win it, then he should just be having a match with Jericho as it will likely be better for him.

See, and I'm of the exact opposite thinking, for one reason and one reason alone – NOT ALL MID-CARDERS DESERVE TO GET OVER. Not by a mile, especially by winning a world title.

The established main-eventers need to be in the picture, because without them you are essentially saying one of two things:

1. The established main eventers now don't deserve their spots there anymore and should be replaced by the "younger" talent in the company.

2. It's OK to have an overly crowded main-event, even if it means former world champions go months before ever reaching title contention again.

Sorry, Dave – love your posts most of the time, but not this time.

First of all I'd have to say it would suck to have more than like 7 guys per MITB, becuase its just to many guys to focus on. Look at the best MITB matches in my perspective WM23 n WM24, WM23 started with 8 guys ended with 6 when edge n jeff left the match, WM24 a lot of highflying, 7 guys ended with 6 when matt hardy took out mvp, so too many guys in a match suks. Ok RAW (Ill put 8) Miz, Randy, Edge, Dibiase, Bourne, Jericho, Morrison, Truth. Either Miz or Evan wins. Most likely Miz so that next few months he will feud with Randy while on MITB Sheamus vs Barrett vs Cena. Cena wins when HHh comes n attacks Sheamus. Summmerslam, Cena vs Barrett.They feud and then Miz comes in one of those ppvs and attcks cena wins the champ. Smackdown MITB; Christian, Kofi, MVP, Cody, Matt, Punk, Drew, Kane, Dolph. Winner Kofi, and Kofi like RVD challenges Rey on Summerlsam and wins the champ in the most epic battle.

Is it possible to anyone that the MITB PPV will come with stipulations of some sort? Something that will prevent them from being cashed in on an unsuspecting opponent? Maybe they'll have to cash it in in a shorter period of time, or during specific events even.

I like the concept, but I'd have to see established Main Eventers in the MITB matches. I'd much rather see mid-card talent getting a push using this device and let the current champions wrestle in their own matches during the PPV to keep interest high.

I'm with you Greydon but after that pathetic Fatal Four Way PPV, Vinnie Senile Mac needs to give us something much better. We need more than 4 matches; and all matches should be MIBS.

I say your 4, plus a Tag Team MIB (which could be totally crazy in itself).

Perhaps, bring back the Crusierweight title and have the title itself in the briefcase with the likes of Borune, et all because I do not see him as a HW Title contender.

I actually don't like it.

The Money in the Bank match should not have its own pay-per-view, and there definitely should not be TWO of these matches. I believe that this match should be kept as a part of WrestleMania exclusively. This Pay-Per-View, just like most of the new "gimmick" PPV's is really beginning to bother me for multiple reasons.

Certain gimmick PPVs I can deal with such as Elimination Chamber, or Fatal 4-Way (which was pretty good in my opinion), even TLC and Breaking Point... but the PPVs such as MITB and Hell in a Cell, really takes certain matches that were always special or important in some kind of way and really lowers it effectiveness because there is so many of them. And the shock value of cashing in the MITB, win or lose (cuz we have had losing scares) isn't going to be that surprising with three of these briefcase holders, or even two per year.

What does this mean for the WM MITB winner? He wins at the grandest stage of them all, but does he still have 12 Months to cash it in? or does he have 3-4 with MITB PPV coming up?

Either way, like I said, I dislike it but I hope John Morrison wins :D

What I'm hoping is that at least one of the MITB matches is the main event, kinda like how the Royal Rumble is the last match of the night. It could potentially set up MITB as one of the best matches the WWE has to offer.

On one side, I definitely hope that this is a one-off pay per view. They're just gonna do it this year and get rid of it. It's already bad enough that we'll have two MITB briefcases flying around, but when you add the other one at WrestleMania, then it just seems really saturated. However, if they decide to keep this PPV going, I think the only logical thing to do is get rid of the match at WrestleMania, of which I wouldn't mind too much.

And billm75 is right, the MITB matches should have a mix of the rising midcarders and established main eventers. You could just take the main eventers who wont be challenging for the title and put them in the match. The idea will still be to have a midcarder win, but guys like Orton and Edge are there to keep the match interesting.

SD MITB: CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntyre, Christian, Big Show (just cause I don't want to see him face Rey but he needs to be in a match somewhere), Matt Hardy, Dolph Ziggler, Kane

RAW MITB: Randy Orton, Edge, The Miz, Chris Jericho, Evan Bourne, John Morrison, Zack Ryder, R-Truth

Well since mania,im not bragging, but my predictions have come true..kinda on a hot streak lets see if i can keep this rolling
alright

now wwe title match Cena Sheamus....kinda feel it happening
whc title mysterio swagger-of course
i see randy and edge going at it to have the match that kinda didnt happen you know??
i belive kane vs punk

now MItb for the wwe title-Miz,truth,bourne,morrison,i even see jericho in this,and Zac ryder (i dont know if you guys have noticed but this dude has been on a roll and gotten a huge push and hes a great worker in the ring) im not sure how many are going to be in the match so ill leave it at 6

And i feel like either MIz or morrison got this one..but in a close second and third is Zac Ryder and Jericho..(Woo Woo Woo you know it!)

WHC MITB-Kofi,mcyintire,christian,hardy,MVP,Ziggler seems decent enough and i have a feeling that either Drew or Ziggler maybe Christian will win

Yeah, I really don't like this. Like it's been said before, this PPV really takes away from the Wrestlemania spectacle Money in the Bank was suppose to be. Not to mention there might be brand exclusive briefcases, which is stupid in itself. I mean I don't know how/if they're gonna do it, but seriously, the thought of three guys running around with three different cases is just dumb. Who are they gonna give the cases to each year? There's only a few credible guys you can give it too without having to repeat, or like some have asked for, lose their cash in match. They should've just kept it at Wrestlemania, when I actually got hyped for it.

Everyone seems to be bashing the idea of brand-exclusive briefcases, which I can understand. But what if the briefcases weren't brand-specific? What if each brand was able to earn a generic one? This basically means that the winners could pop up on either show at ANY TIME to cash in their opportunity. Hell, a winner could cash in, steal the title, only to be IMMEDIATELY interrupted by the other winner who wishes to cash in their shot. Then you'd have two possible title changes in 5 minutes! There are so many possibilities to consider here.

Also, how could you guys already be sick of the winners stealing victories when their opponents are down and weak? I think it's brilliant. It immediately starts a feud of an undeserved champion versus a former champion due to a technicality such as the MITB briefcase. It's great shock value and it tees up new talent for the main event picture. Plus, we might finally see a few superstars LOSE in their opportunistic matchup.

Before you guys knock every aspect of it, maybe you should think of it in a positive way, for once.

Oh, that's right... I forgot... I'm speaking to the IWC.

I don't really like the idea of MITB being a ppv, or any other stipulation for matches being a ppv either (besides maybe the elimination chamber), but assuming it is brand exclusive and nobody gets injured or there are any suprises, here are my predictions...

RAW MITB MATCH
The Miz, John Morrison, R Truth, Evan Bourne, Chris Jericho, and Ted DiBiase.
Who I think SHOULD win: John Morrison Who I think WILL win: Evan Bourne

SmackDown MITB MATCH
Matt Hardy, MVP, Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntyre, Christian, and Dolph Ziggler.
Who I think SHOULD win: Christian Who I think WILL win: Drew McIntyre

and others...

WWE Championship
Sheamus vs. John Cena vs. Wade Barrett
Winner: Wade Barrett
(I mean, c'mon! The guy has 6 other people that are going to interfere in this match to help him win, being that they can because its triple threat rules.)

WHC MATCH
Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: Drew McIntyre (cashes in MITB)

Kane vs. CM Punk (perhaps in some kind of special stipulation)

Randy Orton vs. Edge (again, perhaps in some kind of special stipulation)

See, and I'm of the exact opposite thinking, for one reason and one reason alone – NOT ALL MID-CARDERS DESERVE TO GET OVER. Not by a mile, especially by winning a world title.

The established main-eventers need to be in the picture, because without them you are essentially saying one of two things:

1. The established main eventers now don't deserve their spots there anymore and should be replaced by the "younger" talent in the company.

2. It's OK to have an overly crowded main-event, even if it means former world champions go months before ever reaching title contention again.

Sorry, Dave – love your posts most of the time, but not this time.

That's OK, dude. I feel perfectly justified in my all of the choices I have picked but since you are debating the Money In The Bank matches themselves, I will try and focus on those matches alone.

I don’t agree with you that the established main eventers need to be in the Money In The Bank ladder match and here is why… All the established main event talent have something better to be doing. Let us look at Raw first. The main event talent are as follows:

- Sheamus
- John Cena
- Randy Orton
- Edge
- Wade Barrett (?)

Now with that being said, we can categorically say that Randy Orton and Edge will be feuding. Now, whether they are feuding in the Money In The Bank match or not, I have a feeling that they will be having a match at the event. All of my being tells me that it will be in another match and not in a ladder match. Quite frankly, they would dwarf any other talent in the match and would be sure-fire winners of the match. Keeping them out of the match means that we are more likely to get an unpredictable winner and that is only to be commended. I also have to believe that they wont allow the PPV to go without a Championship match and that must involve Sheamus and John Cena because of his rematch clause.

As for Smackdown, the main event talent is the following:

- Rey Mysterio
- Jack Swagger
- CM Punk
- Big Show
- Kane (?)

Now, for exactly the same reasons as I have listed before, I doubt that anyone outside of the Big Show will compete in the Smackdown Money In The Bank ladder match and that wont even be to win the match. Moreover, it will likely to use him for his size and presence during the match. Again, I imagine that the WWE will be keen to have a Championship match and that will likely be Rey Mysterio and Jack Swagger again. CM Punk and Kane look to be having a feud and thus, the same rules that applied to Randy Orton and Edge on Raw, will apply to them as well.

This is nothing to do with the established main eventers not being needed or wanted in the main event anymore. This has more to do with getting one more person into that mix. Even though the likes of Randy Orton and Edge wont be competing in the match, it definitely wont hurt them and no one is ever likely to forget Edge and Randy Orton if they don’t compete in one of the main events in one PPV. Also, having 5 or 6 people in the main event is hardly having it crowded with people. This is a great chance for a mid-card talent to get immediately over. There is no point in allowing a main event star winning it because it will literally do nothing for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back