WWE Money In The Bank 2013 - General Discussion & Aftermath

WWE4EVA!

Occasional Pre-Show
As we all know the Money in the Bank Pay Per View is on the horizon and that means that Two superstars will be running around with a guaranteed Championship contract, So it got me thinking who do you want to win the Raw/Smackdown Money in the Bank ladder Match.

Here are my choices

Smackdown Money in the Bank Winner: Cody Rhodes- Since splitting from The Legacy in 2010 Cody Rhodes has had the potential to rise to the Main Event scene but WWE kept sticking him in useless tag teams, I think now is his chance to shine, Let him win the MITB Match, Cash it in win the World Championship and have a lengthy run with the belt. It will be nice to see fresh faces in the Main Event scene.

Raw Money in the Bank winner: Chris Jericho- Jericho came up with the idea for the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania 21 and has been in 4 of them but not once won it, I think now is his chance, He has been putting young stars over for so long now and I think its time he won it.

These are my opinions who do you want to win the Raw/Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladders Matches?

Honestly I think there should be only one MiTB ladder match. Making the RAW MiTB match for "former WWE champions only" while the SD ladder match was just Dolph Ziggler going over a bunch of midcarders really showed the huge disparity between the titles, and lack of willingness to truly push anyone.

Antonio Cesaro should win the "SD" briefcase... Its time he receives a solid push. Give him a chance to shine on the big stage and if he can't go with it, then fair game, but at least give him a chance.

The Raw briefcase could be anyone's guess, I honestly can't think of anyone who really stands out, but if I had to pick someone, I'd go with Bryan. He deserves it more than most and has never held the WWE strap, now seems a good time for him to hold the richest prize in the industry.

Cesaro has barely been around a full year. I'd love Sandow to win one as well, but I think Wade and Cody Rhodes are next in line.

If they do a face and a heel again, I guess Kofi has paid his dues. Not a huge fan, but how else is this guy going to get to the main event?

And didn't D. Bryan already win $$$ in the Bank or am I delusional? Isn't that he first got the belt off Big Slow?

I think that the two Money in the Bank Ladder Matches will follow last years stipulations. Rather than being a Raw and SmackDown match, they will more than likely be a World Heavyweight Championship contract and WWE Championship contract stipulation.

If this is the case, I think Chris Jericho would be perfect for the World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank contract. He legitimately came up with the idea, and he deserves another shot. Even though he is a part-time superstar, this could be an advantage for him. The unpredictability factor will be greater. Dolph Ziggler should get a good run, and I think it could last until December. If so, if Jericho took some time off in September to December time, he can come back by surprise, stun everyone and cash in. It reignites the feud, Chris Jericho becomes World Champion again and I am sure it will be a popular decision.

In terms of the WWE Championship Money in the Bank contract, I can not be sure. For me, I can't see anyone legitimately being WWE Champion at this point, unless their name is John Cena, CM Punk or Randy Orton. And this leads me suspect Randy Orton could be the guy this year. While this would mean both picks would already be established stars, a heel turn prior to the pay-per-view and a win at Money in the Bank could be a big way to start the turn. It will get people interested again, as people want the heel Orton back and Money in the Bank can put him right back in the WWE Championship picture. WWE needs main event guys, and Orton hasn't been consistent in the past two to three years. He needs something big to give himself and WWE a good opportunity at something. Alternatively, and I hate to say it, but Ryback seems to be logical. The reason I say I hate it is because I have tried so very hard to like him, but I can't. His push has been lackluster and his match with John Cena at Extreme Rules will more than likely end in a loss for him. But, winning the contract gives fans something to look to for the future, knowing for certain he will be champion. If anyone is going to lose, I can't imagine they would deflate Ryback that far.

Other predictions include Christian and Wade Barrett, but they're just wishful thinkings.

I would love to see a returning Christian win the SD briefcase! His other reigns as world champ were pretty weak and short lived, A face Christian in a feud with Ziggler for the strap would be great

On the Red brand I would go with Mark Henry, Wouldnt it just seem more dangerous if this guy was holding the contract?! His cash in would seem so much more destructive and not "cowardly heel" like most cash ins. Him and Cena could feud for a while over the WWE title, wouldnt be the best matches ever but it cant be much worse then Cena-Ryback

I think Ryback will win the MITB and announce his cash in for SummerSlam and then win the title.

Then i'd say Randy Orton or Damien Sandow would be a good pick for the WHC briefcase.

Honestly, I think Punk will win the Raw MITB match. I'd rather he not, but I see him being a "surprise" entrant for the match. He attempts to cash it in and loses to Cena...

For the SD match, I see Christian winning. Not so much because he needs to, but just for a "surprise" on the show.

As far as who I'd want to see win the matches:

Raw: Ziggler. I think he loses the WHC championship in time to compete in this match. Step in the right direction for him.

Smackdown: I'm torn on this one. One I'd love to see is Bryan as it could bring him back up to the upper-card, the other is Ambrose. Have Rollings/Reigns hold the tag belts while Ambrose walks around with the MITB briefcase. They could make the briefcase look like one special forces would use for gear/intel. Would also work for a great cash in. Something like HITC, where he could cash in after the cell match, stipulate it's under HITC rules and the champ gets taken out 3-1 in the cage. Could lead to some interesting 6-man matches where all the belts are on the line.

Barrett is 100% winning one of them, don't care which one, it's time to push him to the moon.

Cesaro will win the other imo

if ziggler and cena are champions then it most likley will be face and heel wins so as a heel i see Wade Barrett for a face only options i can see is a returning christian if christian doesn't return possible Orton only cuz of a lack of decent faces around

I'd like to see Rhodes win one of them and feud with Sandow over the briefcase w/Cody eventually punching his ticket at WM 30 setting up a WHC match between Rhodes and Ziggler.

WWE Championship- Chris Jericho

- Y2J deserves to win his own match and also deserves one last WWE title run

World Heavyweight Championship- Kofi Kingston

- Kofi would make a perfect MITB winner and I think it would set up an awesome heel turn when he cashes in. Just imagine Kofi's storyline being that he has waited his whole life to be WHC and he's not losing this chance. He finally cashes in on a heel champion and while everyone is celebrating, Jerry Lawler goes to interview him in the ring congratulating him and all of the sudden, Kofi pushes him down! Kofi grabs the mic and says it's his time now! He then becomes a cocky heel that says he's the most athletic guy on the roster and no one can compete with him.

Idk just a thought but I do think Y2J and Kofi deserve MITB wins.

Barrett is 100% winning one of them, don't care which one, it's time to push him to the moon.

Cesaro will win the other imo

I completely agree about Barrett.

The other should go to one of the following: Ambrose, Cesaro, or Kofi.

MITB should be about someone who's never been in the main event picture getting his first real push and opportunity, and the company finding out if they can succeed in the spotlight.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked to see a repeat winner like Punk or Bryan.

Cesaro has barely been around a full year. I'd love Sandow to win one as well, but I think Wade and Cody Rhodes are next in line.

When I read your post I imagined Antonio Cesaro feuding with Wade Barret for the World Title. Antonio reminds me of wrestling the way it was back in the 80's when I was growing up. If more "wrestlers" like Cesaro, ones who put the "W" back in WWE as he says, held the title, I could see title belts meaning something. Then again, his run with a main event title could be booked the same as his run with the U.S. Title.

Obviously as far as Cesaro vs. Barret goes, one would have to turn face. I could totally buy into Cesaro pulling a Cody Rhodes, and bringing back a former world title, a classic one and talking about bring prestige back to the belt.

Wishful thinking, I'm sure. I just want Wrestling. I'm tired of matches playing out the exact same way every time key players are involved, ala Ryback, John Cena, Randy Orton and so on... For the love of wrestling, pick someone for MITB that can actually bring wrestling back to the entertainment.

I also think they should do just one MITB winner. If it was up to me, I'd say it's time to go with a face this time. I know Cena won it last year but there wasn't no real build up to him cashing in like with Ziggler. I'm talking having a face win it and continue to tease it for many months.

I wouldn't mind Daniel Bryan winning it again. No one really cared the first time he won it. Now, people would go ballistic. The man is so over. I would LOVE it if he waited till WrestleMania and challenged the champion to a match there (like he said he would do in 2011). After all, the WrestleMania cash-in has yet to be done and really is inevitable. If you want to go with a new winner, then my choice would be Wade Barrett. Or even Kofi. Yes, Kofi. The guy needs something to boost his credibility besides the dozens of IC/US titles he's held. However, if Kofi is the choice, I think pairing the win with a heel turn would be best (wishful thinking).

Sandow wins the WHC one and Rhodes wins the WWE one. This causes the official split of the team. I would book it where Rhodes wins his and gains success, likes the power a bit too much. Sandow goes to cash in only to have Rhodes cost him it by "mistake" The two of them could then feud for a while.

I see Wade Barrett winning the Smackdown MITB briefcase. It's time to get him out of mid card land and into the WHC. title picture.IMO. It's time to get his star shinning like it was back with the Nexus. I think he has earned this chance and may have a feud against WHC. Ziggler in late summer or fall.

For the Raw MITB briefcase, I see the Shield winning it. The Shield is the hottest thing going in WWE right now so why not have them get the briefcase for the most prestigus title in the WWE. They could all attack Cena and one of them get the pin. They could say that justice has now truly been serve taking the title from Super Cena. They could stay united and take turns defending the title until around TLC where they could lose the title and start to turn on each other to lead to a Triple Threat Match at Mania 30, to see who is the best member.

So, that's the way I see it happening this year at MITB 2013.

I think Ryback wins the Raw one, while Orton wins the Smackdown one.

And although this is going to be an extremely unpopular opinion, I'd have Santino and Kofi win them instead. I'm a big fan of rewarding long-time employees and both guys have been middling in the midcard for years. They deserve a push. Santino can lose his cash-in, but Kofi should win his and have a nice 60-day-reign before Mania. If guys like Rey and Swagger can have title runs, Kofi wouldn't be half bad.

I'd prefer just one MITB match this year, no more of having two and then just wasting one. Did Cena really need to hold one of the briefcases to verse Punk last year? Nope.

I don't want to see Cody, Sandow, Barret etc hold the briefcase, none of them are there yet and there is nothing wrong with being a long-term mid-carder until the time is right.

Plus for once I'd just like to see a new main-eventer win a world title for the first time without involving a MITB briefcase. WWE went 40 years crowning new champions without it, but now no one can seem to induct themselves into a main-event spot or win their first world title unless they get a cheap win by cashing in a MITB 'contract'. It was cool when Edge first did it, it was cool when Punk did it, it was even cool when Kane did it, but now it's just way too much.

However, if someone HAS to win a contract, I'd say perhaps a member of the Shield. However, even this has it's drawbacks. The Shield is awesome because they're a solid team of whom treat each other as equals. Giving one of them a title essentially gives one of them more focus and attention than the others.

Fast forward a year and my choice would be Sandow. He is a quality entertainer and I can see him highlighting the prestige of a World title. Not yet though, let him establish himself better first through rivalries with top level stars, as well as build a set of moves that will allow him to put on better matches at a high level. The one thing I never liked about Dolph Ziggler is that he tried hard to make other people look good but never focused enough on creating his own party pieces. Sandow will need more than an elbow drop, rapid knees and a neckbreaker if he wants to put on high quality matches that tell a story.

If there was just one, which is preferable to me, I'd like to see Barrett win it, and cash it in ahead of schedule a la RVD and Cena. The cash-in while they are weak bit is overdone now with two cases and in my eyes doesn't make them a credible threat.

If there's two cases I would prefer them not being exclusive to just the WWE or WHC. I'd also want to see both members of a tag team win with non-exclusive cash ins, and both them attempt to cash in the same time. Rhodes and Sandow would work well for that.

But if I'm being realistic, WHC should be Sandow, and WWE should be Barrett, both people I'd like to see win the big one. Kofi I want to see as a world champion, but I don't want him to do it through a cash-in.

The cool thing about the whole Money in the Bank concept is that someone unexpected really can win it unlike many/most other gimmick matches. I'm still of the mindset that the concept is groomed for a guy you "least suspect" winning. It was made to establish stars. Cena is really the only guy that I can think of that's won that's already an established star. Kane also, but Kane isn't wrestling main events on every card. Which is why I don't see someone like Orton or Punk winning it.

When Punk returns I can only assume he's going to be thrust back into the WWE title picture, so it seems pointless to have him win a third briefcase.

Sheamus seems a possibility, but one I don't really care for simply because he's already pretty well established. I think it really just depends on where he ends up on the card between now and July.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ideas of Sandow, Cody and Antonio Cesaro being thrown into the mix, but I just don't see it happening. Maybe Cesaro if his push continues and the crowd starts to respond to him. I could see he or Cody winning the WHC cases. I think Sandow will probably have to stick around for another year before he can win one. For the record, I hope I'm wrong on any of those, especially the latter.

I have to agree with many of you on Wade Barrett. He will definitely be winning one of them. Personally, I think he'd be better off winning the WWE briefcase. I know many of us (myself included) believe Wade Barrett can and should be a top main event caliber star, but I'm not sure the higher-ups agree with that. So it wouldn't surprise me if he walked out with the WHC case.

I dislike the idea of having Dolph win again simply because I don't want him to lose the World title. IMO, the WHC has become the new IC belt, which kind of sucks for more than one reason, but I digress... Now if he were to lose the WHC and then win the WWE briefcase, that could be cool.

Another solid choice I've seen mentioned would be Mark Henry. He has been killing it (in my opinion) lately and as some of the aforementioned posts have said, his cash ins and teases of cash ins could be very entertaining because he can be such a monster. I wouldn't mind seeing Henry win a WWE title as long as there are one or two guys there to compliment him for a feud or two.

Daniel Bryan is someone I can see winning a second briefcase, but this time for the WWE title. His split with Kane is seemingly a matter of when, not if at this point. So why not re-establish him as a singles performer and have him win a case?

As of this writing, I've only seen one other person mention The Shield. July might be too soon to be thinking about having someone the likes of Dean Ambrose (my choice from The Shield) win a briefcase, but make no mistake about it, he has all of the makings to become a future main event star. If they continue to be booked and progress as the top stars that they have been, Dean could come away with the WWE case and be the first one to carry it a full year, cash it in and win. Ideally Reigns and Rollins would help him win, then the rift between the three could start. I've always foreseen them slowly splitting a la Evolution back in the day, where Rollins would be similar to Orton (not in style) and Reigns to Batista. Think about it, Rollins and Reigns help Ambrose win the case and the title. Then Ambrose's head gets too big for The Shield and Rollins splits off and they feud, but Reigns sticks around. Then Ambrose continuously takes advantage of Reigns and eventually they feud.

I want Kofi Kingston to win the SD briefcase because he and Ziggler has had some very good matches in the past. However, with WWE logic the way it is, I can probably see The Miz winning the briefcase and going on to feud with Ziggler.

For the RAW briefcase I want Antonio Cesaro to win the title, maybe he and Cena can put on some good matches. But, I can see a former winner winning like Punk or even Swagger.

I still think there will be two MITB matches - one for the World title and the other for the WWE title.

The WWE Championship briefcase (the red one) is very interesting. Personally, I cannot see anyone defeating Cena for the belt. The only individual (group) that I can think of is the Shield. They need something interesting to progress their stable and the WWE championship. Lets say Rollins and Reins hold the tag-team titles, Ambrose could win the briefcase and indeed the WWE championship. I don't really mind who wins the world title because I think it will end up on the Shield. This could also work for the either world title.

The other option is CM Punk but winning it for a third time seems very unlikely.

As for the other contract, I am leaning towards Wade Barrett. He his certainly good enough to be in the world title picture and the briefcase would finally get him there.

Well to be honest i couldn't care less but I may aswell give an opinion

The Smackdown briefcase will be won by Christian. Just has to happen i think. He will return as a surprise entrant and win and after that will feud with Ziggler. It seems to be logical but maybe just maybe Damien Sandow
will win it. Hes so talented and should be pushed as much as possible. Brilliant on the mic and a solid in-ring worker and deserves a title shot even if its only mid-card.

The Raw briefcase which lets face it is the only one that really matters will either be won by CM Punk or Chris Jericho. Both deserve a title run again. Jericho more so. Why ? Like was said before by another poster Jericho invented it and has not won it plus Jericho's career is winding down and it would only be fair to give such a huge superstar one last run. Punk well let's face it he is what people want to see on television and another feud with Punk and Cena is in the Pipework.

But a bit wishful thinking is Drew McIntyre turn's on 3MB and wins a briefcase. One can wish can't they ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back