WWE Money In The Bank 2013 - General Discussion & Aftermath

After Smackdown and the news that Orton and Bryan will face each other again on Raw this Monday I'm guessing at this for the MITB card.

Raw MITB match
Punk vs Bryan vs Orton vs Kane vs Ambrose vs Ryback

Smackdown MITB match
Sheamus vs Sandow vs Christian vs Rollins vs Cesaro vs RVD

WWE Tittle match
John Cena vs Mark Henry

WHC Triple Threat match
Del Rio vs Ziggler vs Y2J

IC Title match
Curtis Axel vs Miz

Divas Title Street Fight
AJ Lee vs Kaitlyn

The Wyatt's vs Face jobber team

I don't see The Wyatt Family debuting at MITB, at least I wouldn't debut them there if I had the option. I'm thinking, wishfully, that WWE will save their big debut for SummerSlam.

As for the rest of the card, it seems like a pretty effeciently stacked card. But, no doubt WWE will screw this up somehow :suspic:

Predicted Card (after tonight's confirmed matches):

WWE Championship: John Cena (c) vs Mark Henry

World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs Dolph Ziggler

WWE Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match: CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton vs Sheamus vs Christian vs Kane vs Rob Van Dam

World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Wade Barrett vs Antonio Cesaro vs The Miz vs Fandango vs Curtis Axel vs Dean Ambrose vs Damien Sandow vs Cody Rhodes

Singles Match: Ryback vs Chris Jericho

WWE Tag Team Championships: The Shield (c) vs The Usos

Predicted Results:
1. John Cena
2. Alberto Del Rio via DQ
3. Daniel Bryan (Brock Lesnar interferes and costs CM Punk at some stage)
4. Damien Sandow
5. Ryback
6. The Shield

I'm really interested to see the line-up for the Smackdown MITB match, it's going to be like the Island of Misfit Toys given that most of the participants are likely to be guys that spend most of their time jobbing. This will actually make the match pretty intriguing as someone is going to rise out of mediocrity.

I think Miz will face Axel for the IC title so that will rule them out, leaving Sandow, Rhodes, Cesaro and Barrett as sure things to be in it. The best placed guy to be in it and win it is probably Ambrose as he has upward momentum. To round out the match I guess Big Show could lace em up.

Now that the World Heavyweight Title MITB participants have been posted, I think it's pretty clear that this is the new IC title in terms of importance. I'm not knocking the participants per se...I think it's a good selection of guys, but it's obvious that these are not A-listers.

And for the first we have an all face MITB Ladder Match and an all heel MITB Ladder Match. Different. It would be interesting to see who if anyone the crowd get behind for the World Title MITB Match.

I’m not saying the card for this PPV is terrible, but I think it probably could have been better. I do like both of the world title matches but other than that the rest of the card just seems a little bit off to me. Here’s what I like and with just a little tweaking, here’s what I would have done differently and why.

WWE Championship: Cena vs. Henry

Honestly, up until Henry’s retirement speech I was never a fan of him and this match wouldn’t have really meant a whole lot to me. I never watched any of his reign as WHC so I can’t comment on that, but after that epic promo I’m sold Henry could make for a decent WWE champ. Even if he just had a super short reign and dropped it back to Cena, I think coming off that promo I might go out of my way to tune in to Raw just to see Henry with the title. I like this match and I like how as of right now anyways, there aren’t any stipulations added to it either. Actually to keep the emphasis on it, besides maybe like a street fight on the undercard or something, I’d argue that the MITB match should be the only gimmick match on the card. Also, considering the grueling battle Cena just had with Ryback at Payback (where stips made sense because the match was supposed to be the ending to their feud) and because of the fact that Henry really only got a title shot by blindsiding the champ I just don’t see the need to add any kind of stipulations or gimmicks to this one.

The only problem I see with this match is the timing of it. Had it happened some other time of the year I could actually see Henry walking out as the champ. With SummerSlam being the next PPV in line though, if I were running the show I would want Cena over Henry as my champ going in and I think WWE is probably thinking the same thing. That and considering Ryback couldn’t take the title off Cena and Ryback was built up to be some kind of unstoppable summer wrecking machine, I don’t like Henry’s chances in this one and I’m kind of disappointed in that. The rumor of Cena vs. Bryan as SummerSlam totally makes me feel better about the whole situation though.

World Heavyweight Championship: Del Rio vs. Ziggler

Again, I like how there aren’t any gimmicks with this one. These two should be able to deliver without it. I also like how (logically Ziggler should get a rematch) but that it keeps Ziggler out of the MITB match. The MITB match is a serious injury waiting to happen and I wouldn’t put anybody coming off something like a concussion in a match like that. Anyways, I can see this being an exciting back and forth contest with all kinds of interference coming from both sides down the closing stretch and Del Rio ultimately getting the cheap win. Ziggler of course then gets a rematch because he was screwed and at SummerSlam, Ziggler wins his belt back.

So, like I said I do like the way the two world title matches look. Here’s where the tweaking comes in.

WWE Tag Team Championships: The Shield vs. The Usos

I’m sorry but I’m just not buying the Usos as credible contenders to the Shield’s titles, especially not on PPV. Why should I? The Usos have been floating around doing nothing for how long now and even at the height of their fame, and I’m not sure when that was, who cared? Meanwhile, the Shield have been kicking ass and taking names since their debut and taking on the likes of Team Hell No, Cena and Ryback. Compared to the Shield, the Usos aren’t small fish in a big pond, they’re plankton. I would scrap this match completely.

Jericho vs. Ryback

I know the two of them have been going back and forth for a couple weeks now but still this one doesn’t really seem PPV worthy to me. Maybe after some more build up it could be, they both have enough star power that I think a PPV match could be interesting between the two but right now it just feels rushed. Also, I know Jericho has picked up victories over bigger dudes before but considering he’s basically just in and out through the revolving door these days and here to put people over, and Ryback you would think anyways, is somebody they would want to make look good coming out of this, this should be an obvious victory for Ryback, no? I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ryback lose though, which wouldn’t make much sense but look at WrestleMania. If it were up to me I wouldn’t have booked this match, not on PPV, not yet.

Rumored Intercontinental Championship: Axel vs. The Miz

Personally, I’m not a fan of either of these guys. I get Axel’s father was awesome and he’s with Paul Heyman so I should care a little bit about him, but I don’t. He’s as generic as they come. If not for his father, the name Michael McGillicutty is the only thing that ever has ever stuck out about Axel. The Miz on the other hand is more annoying when he’s trying not to be annoying than when he is, which is pretty annoying. I liked him back in his MNM days and I actually didn’t mind his title reign (I was flipping through channels one day and saw him on TMZ with the WWE title, which is something you don’t see every day) but other than that I just find the Miz incredibly bland. Having said all that, WWE has invested in both these guys and this match isn’t the worst thing that could happen. If I were calling the shots, I would still use both these guys on the card, just differently.

Unless I missed something, I’m not sure how Miz came about getting a title shot. I mean, he lost in the triple threat right. He didn’t take the fall, but still he lost. Did he win a number one contenders match? I don’t watch or read everything so if he did my bad, but if not I think it would make more sense to maybe book a number one contenders match for the IC title. Going back to what I put in bold about not putting guys coming off concussions in the MITB match, I think the returning Fandago would make a good opponent for the Miz in this match and it would be logical because both guys have a legit argument as to why they deserve a shot. In the number one contenders match I’d have Miz go over as much as I can’t stand him and then you have Axel vs. Miz at SummerSlam anyways but with a little more build.

Where does that leave Axel? Well I’d have him face none other than CM Punk. If anybody can make me give two shits abour MIgill…Axel, it’s Punk. Not only that but this match would make sense and keep the Heyman/Punk feud going. Also, again it goes back to not putting guys coming off serious injuries in the MITB match. Punk had that knee surgery not too long back and then there were reports of him injuring his knees at Mania with that announce table spot. If I’m booking the show, CM Punk is not somebody I want sitting on the shelf, especially over the summer. They lean on him a lot and rightfully so. If he isn’t going to win it, I wouldn’t put Punk in a MITB match ever. Same goes for Bryan, but all signs point to him winning so that’s cool. Back to Punk/Axel, I’d have Punk end Axel’s undefeated steak, toss his ass from the ring and tell Heyman to fetch him Lesnar.

WWE Championship MITB: Punk vs. Bryan vs. Sheamus vs. Orton vs. Kane vs. Christian vs. RVD

First of all I’ll give my idea for this match.

Bryan vs. Kane vs. Orton vs. Ambrose vs. Rollins vs. Reigns

Honestly, I think this match has money written all over it and it would have been a completely logical way to go about it. A good majority of the programming in general over the past couple of months has been focused around these six going at it and this match would not only kind of be a culmination of a lot of things, but this match could also set up a lot of scenarios going forward. I think just about everybody expects Bryan to win anyways so why not go with this match? Bryan, Kane and Orton are already in the match, Ambrose is in the WHC MITB and Rollins and Reigns are wrestling a pretty predictable and pointless match against the Usos. I already said what I would do with Punk and as for Sheamus, Christian and RVD, I think it’s pretty obvious neither of those three will be wrestling for the WWE title any time soon and none of them really deserve it. They would all make credible WHC contenders though and I think either of their presence would be a big addition to the WHC MITB match.

World Heavyweight Championship MITB: Ambrose vs. Fandango vs. Cesaro vs. Swagger vs. Barrett vs. Rhodes vs.Sandow

Alright, so going off everything else I’ve already wrote my WHC MITB basically boils down to this I think.

Ryback vs. Jericho vs. Christian vs. RVD vs. Cesaro vs. Sheamus vs. Sandow vs. Rhodes

This was actually harder than I thought it would be but basically in the end, Swagger and Barrett get the boot and really the way Barrett has been booked as of late, I hate to say it but does anybody really buy him as a contender anyways? Swagger just had a tired chase for the title, he couldn’t seal the deal and I don’t think anybody is in any real hurry to see him so I wouldn’t say he’s a big loss. In their place I would throw in Jericho and Ryback and then with Fandango (who I don’t want in there because of his concussion) taking on the Miz, all that’s left it to combine the leftovers and that’s how you come up with these eight.

So with some minor tweaking and only having bumped Barrett, Swagger and the Usos from the show, my card would have looked like this:

WWE Championship: Cena vs. Henry

World Heavyweight Championship: Del Rio vs. Ziggler

WWE Championship MITB: Bryan vs. Kane vs. Orton vs. Ambrose vs. Rollins vs. Reigns

CM Punk vs. Curtis Axel

WHC MITB: Ryback vs. Jericho vs. Christian vs. RVD vs. Cesaro vs. Sheamus vs. Sandow vs. Rhodes

IC Number One Contenders Match: The Miz vs. Fandango

And for the first we have an all face MITB Ladder Match and an all heel MITB Ladder Match. Different. It would be interesting to see who if anyone the crowd get behind for the World Title MITB Match.
They should add Evan Bourne to the World title MitB match on the SD before the PPV. The crowd will pop huge for his return at the PPV, especially if he's going up against SEVEN heels.

I wonder if The Wyatt's will be involved at the PPV or whether WWE will just let anticipation build for the next appearance on Raw.

Looking at the matches nothing stands out as an ideal one for them to get involved in, unless they do something like target Philly's Prodigal Son RVD in order to generate some big buzz.

I suppose they could come out and Bray could cut a promo on Kane and why they went for him, but that feels like it might as well be done on Raw IMO.

ORTON?

Seriously? Fucking, boring, blandy-ass Boreton? He would be my LAST pic out of all the superstars in that match.

This dude doesn't need a briefcase to ensure a title match. Heck, he doesn't even need a title match. WWE has been perfectly fine with Orton out of the title picture.

Did he go cry to Vince about cheating on his wife and her divorcing him, so Vince felt bad and gave him something to make him feel better? Good lord, what a miserable booking decision.

Bryan- the most OVER person in professional wrestling right now.
Punk- best wrestler.
RVD- over like crazy in his return

I would have even taken Sheamus. At least he brings something exciting to his matches.

I can't believe it. The worst booking decision of any PPV of 2013 so far.

Well we have seen the ppv and the crowd was hot throughout the whole night. I LOVED that they let this match go on last (Cena simply isn't the top thing in WWE anymore) and RVD looked great in his return, providing us the biggest spots of the match. While Punk and Bryan were probably the top choices (they were the top two people in the WZ poll) to win this match, they decided to go with the Viper Randy Orton, who didn't do much during the match until the stellar RKO and match win.

So this leads me to ask for your reaction. Did you like the match? Did you like the choice to go with Orton?

I thoroughly enjoyed the match and there were plenty of good spots, my favorite part of the match was Heyman turn on Punk followed by RVD's epic five-star frog splash. But even more than the match itself I loved the outcome, seeing Orton finally climb out of the depths of irrelevance that he's been trapped in since late 2011 and now back on the top of the mountain where he belongs. He's been putting on great matches and we've already seen that he has what it takes to be the top guy but his offscreen issues have put his career in a stall, which seems to be lifted and I couldn't be more excited to see the build to his eventual title win.

Thoughts?

I don't see how this is bad. This is great for Orton as he deserves to be back in the main event picture as a heel. He's a great talent, and he's being wasted in petty feuds in the upper-midcard.

As for who you mentioned:
Bryan's probably getting the title normally in the near future anyway, so don't worry about that there. And anyway, Curtis Axel attacked him so he didn't really lose cleanly. Bryan was explosive in that match tonight.

Punk is looking to be feuding with Paul Heyman, Lesnar and Axel, so putting him in the world title picture is silly. (also I'd argue that Bryan is the better wrestler here)

RVD is part-time, and letting a part-time have a very good chance of winning a big championship is silly.

Orton's win tonight is going to change him from "Boreton" I can assure you.

This dude doesn't need a briefcase to ensure a title match.

No Orton didn't need it to ensure a title match (I hoped for Bryan to win), but neither have plenty of others who have had title feuds each year. Realistically Bryan, and others can get into title feuds and maybe even win the title before Orton even cashes in his mitb opportunity, so it isn't like anyone was completely screwed not winning it, nor does it mean that someone like Bryan will automatically lose his momentum by not receiving the label of winner. Just because every person who has cashed it in, with the exception of Cena has won the title doesn't automatically mean that Orton will be champ again either. The past (especially a scripted past) can predict what has a good chance of happening, but not what absolutely will for the rest of the company's existence. That is why, despite my preference, I feel that is too early to proclaim is a horrible booking decision. To each their own.

Did you predict Orton to win the case? I didn't think so I'm assuming you like many others including myself thought this match was the beginning to Bryan's rise to a WWE title program but when you think about it he didn't need this case to move up and really neither did anybody in this match as they're all established names in the business.

However I can admit Orton has been so stagnant since coming back from his suspension and truth be told a little before that dating back to his abrupt back injury in the final weeks of 2011. He needed something to put him back above being a WHC contending fixture and this is clearly it as he has a shot for the WWE title. This could also be the cause and effect beginning of the ever-so much requested Orton heel turn that even he has not-so silently been lobbying for. Give something some time and watch how it develops before slamming any booking decision because I know nobody thought he was winning and to me he had as much of a shot going into tonight as Sheamus did.

I predicted Orton to win, namely for a lot of reasons mentioned. He needs this gimmick to push himself to the main-event picture again. He's been wasted on petty feuds for almost 2 years.

If you don't like it, there's a pretty simple solution like the one I've been taking for awhile. Don't watch it, or only watch selectively. You have a powerful device called a remote control where, my lord, you can watch something else, or even better, you can resist the urge of giving the WWE your hard-earned money by not ordering the PPV.

Orton winning tonight will only ensure I continue this trend.

Stop bitching and do something constructive. And LOL @ calling Sheamus "Exciting". Punk doesn't need MITB. Bryan doesn't need MITB. And it would have been a slap to all the other guys in the match and Kane if RVD won it tonight. Orton makes the most sense, unfortunately, especially if they're going to do an inevitable heel turn.

This dude doesn't need a briefcase to ensure a title match.

Nobody in that match needs the briefcase to ensure a title match, they're all established ME talent & former WWE/WH champions. Also Orton has been over for ages, he's consistently gotten huge pops & delivered great matches for years. You also have no idea when or how they're planning to do his cash-in so before you take a shit over this like some whiny fuckstick how about you sit back & see where they go with this or just not watch for a few months if it really bothers you that much.

I wonder if Bryan not winning tonight helps or hurts his popularity. His loss at WM 28 certainly made some passionate fans more passionate and others followed. I wonder if his failure (see WWE's booking decision) tonight will go in the same direction.

Probably not since he was dicked over by Curtis Ach-mel.

Glad for Orton and I am interested to see what/if this creates a cool dynamic between Cena and Orton. I'm guessing the case supercedes the old agreement that Orton can't face Cena for the title - or that I am supposed to forget that.

Or am I just making that up?

I enjoyed MitB but found it rather predictable other than Sandow.

The preshow match was great. Had a good ending with fantastic timing and the powerbomb/superplex spot was memorable.

I honeslty missed most of the WHC ladder match but caught the last 5 minutes or so. Looks like Sandow and Cody will feud so he wont be cashing it in soon. for the best, as he needs some time to be built as a legitimate threat.

Miz/Axel was boring me so I took the piss break here instead of during...

AJ/Kaitlyn was a good divas match. They are the two most capable women since lita and trish. I like the addition of the black widow for AJ as it makes it credible for her to be able to beat much larger opponents with that move.

Dolph/Del Rio was a great match with an awful ending. It seemed really forced and out of place. I dont mind the premise but the execution was lacking.

Henry/Cena was a good match but should have ended with an AA after Henry hit the exposed turnbuckle. Why have him tap when you could have kept him looking strong if he lost because of his own plan to cheat. I'm, admittedly, a total Henry mark so I hated him losing via submission.

WWE Title ladder match was okay. The spots with Sheamus and RVD's 5* from the ladder were nice but the ending fell flat.

Overall I'd give it a C+ or B-. I didnt hate the booking completely but it didnt seem to have the feel of an epic ppv like previous MitB's have had

Sandow and Orton were my two picks and I think WWE made the correct decisions. Sandow is a great heel, he can talk and he can wrestle and given a push in the right direction he can be a good playa for WWE. He can draw more heat than 90% of the roster.

Orton is still way over. Maybe not to the nerds on here who call him 'Boreton' etc but the live crowd always pops hard for him. He is great in the ring and over the last year or two he has really paid his dues by putting over talent in their fueds.....Cena vs Orton is a few years old now so this potential fued is quite refreshing.

50/50 PPV for me, not awesome but certainly far from crap

Downsides
Diva title match
Cena vs Henry = Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Miz vs Curtis Axel - these were all snoozeville Miz is Awfull again not blaking that match on Curtis.
Ryback vs Jericho was average tho really Jericho made it watchable

Upsides
Ziggler vs Del Rio - 5stars
both MITB matches - 5 star
Pre Show tag match - 4 star pretty good considering it was obvious the Uso's weren't gonna win.

I think it was only a matter of time for Cody and Sandow to fued since Cody is the one usually losing, didn't see it coming for Punk just yet tho and i wondered why didn't Heyman turn to RVD, since he's the original Paul Heyman guy :)

Dont think Orton should've won, rather give it to Bryan but i'm not complaining,.

All in all, I thought it was a strong show with a solid undercard and the matches that were expected to deliver did so, at least in my eyes.

The Shield vs. The Usos was better than I was expecting. Like a lot of fans in attendance, or at least I'm assuming, I expected something along the lines of a 5 minute match or so but really got into it once I saw that they were really working on giving a real match. The pace was pretty slow in the first half of the match but really picked up in the second half. The Shield scored a decisive win to retain the titles at the 15 minute mark. **3/4

The WHC MITB was a strong way to start off the actual ppv itself. Cody Rhodes stole this match and looked like a star throughout. Lots of strong bell to bell action with everyone playing their parts well. Aside from Ambrose, it appears that the fact that none of these guys had any real momentum helped to really make Cody Rhodes' performance a standout one. Based on how the match ended, I'm guessing that Cody Rhodes is going babyface since Sandow knocked him off the ladder and got the briefcase. I've got no complaints about Sandow getting the briefcase. ***1/2

Curtis Axel vs. The Miz was a solid outing. It seemed dull when you compare it to the MITB match but that's the problem with following a match like that. I like that Miz had a little fun with the hostile Philly crowd, especially pulling an Eddie Guerrero type of move in making the ref think that Heyman had somehow interfered, causing him to get sent back. All in all though, it may have made Axel's win all that much stronger. He scores a clean win via the neckbreaker finisher around the 9.5 minute mark. Now, here's hoping that what we saw with Jericho last Monday isn't the beginning of Axel jobbing out in nontitle matches left & right. **3/4

3. AJ Lee vs. Kaitlyn was also a good effort. It didn't have the element of surprise going for it like their match at Payback did, but that didn't affect the match quality. They told a good & consistent story with AJ focusing much of her offense on Kaitlyn's "injured" arm that was "hurt" when she speared AJ on SmackDown!. AJ scoring another clean victory over Kaitlyn at the 7.5 minute mark via the Black Widow was the proper ending to this match. **1/2

Chris Jericho vs. Ryback was very solid in my eyes. Some probably flat out hate the idea of Ryback simply not demolishing Jericho but, personally, I don't mind powerhouses that show some cunning and resourcefulness. There was good back and forth action throughout the match and Ryback winning with a small package was surprising. Jericho went for the Lionsault, landed on his feet and Ryback simply rolled him up. I don't know what the future ultimately holds for Ryback but if WWE wants to ultimately try making him more than a relatively simple muscle head that mows everyone down; then I'm interested to see where it goes. **3/4

Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler was flat out excellent all around. I've seen them have a lot of good matches but this one was probably the best in my eyes. Great action from bell to bell along with good storytelling. The Philly crowd was white hot for Ziggler and this was really the first time since Payback that he's really been given time to shine, with the exception of an excellent match against Antonio Cesaro on Main Event. Ziggler kept coming back after Alberto kept dishing everything out and AJ coming out about he 11 minute mark provided sufficient distraction at times for Ziggler. The ending of this match might not have been the most earthshattering, but it was the right one when you consider the probably direction of the storyline. AJ seems to get the notion that Ziggy is in trouble so she jacks Del Rio upside the head with her belt, causing a disqualification. Ziggler is fuming while AJ sells disappointment in the mistake. The timing of the DQ came about during a match in which both guys were on equal footing. Throughout the match, none of them looked to be in the kind of jeopardy that would warrant interference, so Del Rio winning by DQ didn't make him look weak and Ziggler was, as I alluded to, just coming back after Del Rio. I'm guessing this leads to Ziggler & AJ breaking up and an eventual rematch. ****

John Cena vs. Mark Henry was great, in my opinion. I knew the pace would be slow, you have to accept that matches featuring Henry are going to be at a fairly slow pace much of the time. There was great storytelling that went on during the match and I especially liked how Cena constantly sold the effects of Henry's offense. This match was also pretty back and forth with both of them giving each other their best shots. When Cena hit the AA on Henry, eventually, about the 10 minute mark, I thought it was over. I marked out a little when Henry kicked out. It was a great near fall as was Cena's kick out after taking the WSS a little while later. When Henry was put into the STF the first time, I thought it was over with but he still managed to get out of it. The end comes with Cena countering another WSS attempt and locks Henry in the STF once again. Henry does tap out eventually, giving Cena the win. I thought WWE did a good job of making me think that the title could change hands. I didn't really think it would until I saw Henry kick out of the AA, but then I started thinking/hoping. The match went about 15 minutes but, in my opinion, it could have gone twice that and not overstayed its welcome. Easily Cena's best match since his match against Punk earlier this year on Raw. ***1/2

The WWE Championship MITB match wasn't a disappointment. The crowd was all over Punk, RVD & Bryan. Everyone played their parts well and the action was all over the place. There was a lot of buzz going on as a result of this match, including CM Punk being screwed over by Curtis Axel. Both Punk & RVD suffered significant cuts that, according to reports, took staples to close up. Sheamus took some really stiff shots too. Orton ultimately winds up winning the match and I was a little turned off by it for a few minutes. However, Orton has really put a lot of other talent over the past few years and he's not someone that's been constantly shoved down our throats in the main event scene during this same time period either. While I'm not overly thrilled with the prospect of Orton & Cena renewing their rivalry, the follow up will be interesting. It'll also be interesting to know what WWE is going to do with Daniel Bryan, as he was heavily rumored to win this match and face Cena at SummerSlam, what the next step in the Punk/Heyman situation now that Axel is involved, where RVD goes from here, etc. ***1/2

All in all, I thought it was a really strong show that was on a similar level overall to Payback. I thought it was an A- show.

While I'm not overly thrilled with the prospect of Orton & Cena renewing their rivalry, the follow up will be interesting. It'll also be interesting to know what WWE is going to do with Daniel Bryan, as he was heavily rumored to win this match and face Cena at SummerSlam, what the next step in the Punk/Heyman situation now that Axel is involved, where RVD goes from here, etc. ***1/2

There's no guarantee that we'll ever see the full blown Cena-Orton feud again, at least not right away. I still think it's likely that Daniel Bryan wins the belt at Summer Slam or right after and Orton cashes in on DB, rather than Cena, continuing the DB-Orton feud, with Cena possibly in the mix at first.

I'm okay with Orton winning the MITB match if (and it's a very big I-F) this doesn't mean the plans for a Cena/Bryan match at Summerslam have been canceled. And I believe we'll know the answer to that by the end of Raw tonight. If Bryan comes out and gets into a feud with Axel then that tells me Daniel is, for some inexplicable reason, going backwards in terms of his recent push. Actually, if that happens I'd tend to think that the encounter he had with HHH a few weeks ago backstage actually did hurt him. It's either that or that Bryan is the guy Vince was talking about with Shawn. But the bottom line is that if DB gets shoved into a feud with Axel everyone knows that's a step down and a clear change in direction for him.

On the other hand, as many have said, Orton winning last night can be fine and have nothing whatsoever to do with Bryan's push toward a match against Cena at Summerslam if tonight's Raw demonstrates that he won't get into a feud with Axel.

Either way, I'm 99% sure we'll know the immediate future plans for Daniel Bryan by the end of the show tonight.

I hope Axel attacking Bryan was simply a means to advance the Punk vs Lesner storyline and not the start of an Axel vs Bryan feud. Granted that wouldn't make sense (why would Axel attack Bryan if the plan was to screw Punk?) but this is wrestling so here's hoping.

We could easily still see Bryan vs Cena at Summerslam for sure and the hope would be Cena would drop the belt. I mean Cena doesn't need it any more and it actually hinders his feuds so a Bryan win with an Orton chase or cash in and Bryan chase would be a great Summerslam to Rumble storyline.

I fear Bryan will be stuck in a feud with Axel though and that Vince doesn't have the trust in him as a top tier guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back