I Hate Teenagers-A Rant by Jane

Jane

Getting Noticed By Management
Ok, so I know that I'm a teenager myself, but unlike most of us little whining idiots I have common sense. I know that my future is what matters, and that these years are just building me up into the person I will be. I know that I probably haven't met the girl I'll marry, I know that my eventual occupation probably hasn't even crossed my mind yet. I'm just a kid, and I have a long life ahead of me to grow and live.

Now, why the fuck can't the others get that?

I honestly am getting sick and fucking tired of every single little girl who comes to me whining about her stupid problems. "My parents don't get me, my boyfriend doesn't get me, why don't people understand me!". Well, for starters you're insane. They seem to think a little thing like arguing with parents makes them some sort of special person that everybody should give a shit about. Nobody cares that they have these little minds that make them so fucking different! I mean seriously. They think they can just be like "I'm an emo, nobody cares about me" and suddenly people should. No, you fucking douches, it makes us like you less. It's just a publicity stunt. They think that getting piercings and wearing too much make up makes them mysterious and deep. No, it makes them look like ****s. Fuck.

The other thing that pisses me off is how they don't believe in God... yet go to a Catholic school. And alright, being an Atheist is alright, but it's so obvious they do it for attention. The biggest laugh I had all week was when this "goth" in my Religion class asked the teacher, "If I don't believe in God, can I still go to Heaven?". Ok, what the hell? How can someone not believe in God but fear not being allowed in Heaven? Our teachers response was "Why does it matter to you?" and she said because she wants to get to Heaven. Isn't that the point of Religion? To try and get to Heaven? This just proved to me that all the young girls at my school who think they're trying to be different with the whole "If there's a God, why does he hate me?" and "there is no God!" thing are idiots. If you're gonna be an atheist at least do it right.

Like, these people seem to think that high school is the most important thing, and if they're uncool in high school they're gonna grow up sad and weird. No, you're going to realize that you were sad and weird when you were younger. They're gonna realize that when they were teens they wasted away the best years they had freaking out about things like not having a boy/girlfriend. I'm just trying to live for the moment. Because I don't want to spend my life freaking out and trying to be "unique". I want to have fun, have good friends, all that shit. These are the formation years, might as well do it fucking right.

What brings this on is a friend of mine who told me today that she decided to go "scene". I looked it up and apparently it's this new thing where you dress with stylish hair, fake nails, lots of make up. It took me all of 10 seconds to realize this was yet another step in the emo, goth, etc. chain. I came to the conclusion that they're emos, but they're too scared to cut themselves. So they left out that little detail. I said this to my friend, and she said "no, I just want to be different!". How the fuck are you different if you're dressing like a stupid fucking army of other emo wannabes? Yes, you're unique. JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

Fuck. I hate teenagers. I wish they would all grow the fuck up and get over themselves. Sorry if I offended anyone, I'm just getting so annoyed with all these stupid kids trying to be so different when they're just another kid who wants to stand out.

[/rant]

It is pretty hypocritical. Luckily I don't know you guys. I have to put up with this shit in real life. And I'm not threatening to kill myself over it, unlike these people.

You and I would have gotten along in high school. My friends and I couldn't stand that. We did what we felt like doing, but we knew what we had to get done by a certain time. We didn't have a look or a style. We knew who we cared about and those were the people we associated with. Some of us were religious, some weren't and it wasn't a big deal at all. The closest thing we had to an emo girl was some of the girls I'd hang out with wrote poetry and another painted. I totally get your point though man. It was annoying as hell in high school. It was a good place for me though, because I came out of my shell and I owe a lot of it to that place. Just be yourself, and things will work out for you if you work at it.

Luckily I've found a group of friends who are as annoyed as me with these new trends, so things are going well. It's funny how they all do this stuff to try and stand out and be popular, whereas they end up losing the friends they have. And that's what's happening here. This girl is really nice and all, but the more she transcends into the "emo world", the farther we drift apart.

Eh, I say do what you want. I really wish I would have been a fuck-up in high school. Everybody pretty much discounts what you do as a teenager anyway. If you don't act out while you're still young, then you're going to go wild in college. And, if you do this, this is where the fucking up really hurts you. Wish it could be different, but it's not. When I have kids, I'm going to let them do pretty much whatever the fuck they want, as there's pretty much no incentive to stay on the straight and narrow when you're young.

Being unique in this day and age is simply just being you. Goth seemed like a new thing, at least to me it was a new thing, when I was going through high school and to be honest it was as stupid then, as it is now.

I always refused to pick a side; I wasn't a brainy kid, though I was considered a nerd or a dork. I wasn't a goth, though some of the music from their group did and does appeal to me. I wasn't a jock, though I wrestled and played basketball. I just wanted to be who I wanted to be, most importantly myself.

Unfortunately, it’s the same now as it was then; generations of teenagers just don't understand that their greatest attribute isn't how popular they are, or what their grades are, or how much attention through negative actions they obtain, but their ability to be completely unique by being themselves.

And of course I understand that the teenage years are the formation and molding years, but some, dare I say most, already know what their personality is truly like by the time they hit the teenage years.

I'd say for you to keep on truckin', doing your own thing and being who you are. Not a single soul can fault you for doing that.

You know what I love about teenagers? I mean, besides the fact that they have smaller legs and can't run as fast.. wait, no.. no that's it.

Dude, I feel for ya. I didn't have to deal with that shit at my school. Everyone was either a rap kid or a teeny bopper. Therefore, by being an apathetic metalhead, I was different. That, and I was so trippin' balls and rolling on X, I didn't know what was going on.

I kinda get why you mean. I mean I love my friends and all and they know I'll always be there to listen to them and help them out, but sometimes I just wanna tell them to STFU cause they don't even know what REAL problems are.

Flames Out
Dragon

Ok, so I know that I'm a teenager myself, but unlike most of us little whining idiots I have common sense. I know that my future is what matters, and that these years are just building me up into the person I will be.

Kida today take credit for what my generation invented in the 90's. We were the original suicidal teen angst brigade, and those of us who survived and are not in jail are overly clingy emotional 27 year olds. Except me. I ignored it and listened to Hair Metal. Fuck you, Kurt Cobain.

I know that I probably haven't met the girl I'll marry, I know that my eventual occupation probably hasn't even crossed my mind yet. I'm just a kid, and I have a long life ahead of me to grow and live.

I can promise you that you haven't met the girl you're gonna marry, or if you have, you're not romantically linked with her yet. And no, you don't have your occupation yet, but think about it before college.

Others?

I honestly am getting sick and fucking tired of every single little girl who comes to me whining about her stupid problems.

And what are you doing, what with this bar room thread?

"My parents don't get me, my boyfriend doesn't get me, why don't people understand me!". Well, for starters you're insane.

Feeling lost isn't a sign of insanity. It's a sign of being a teenager.

"They seem to think a little thing like arguing with parents makes them some sort of special person that everybody should give a shit about.

Tell her "just wait 'til I knock you up and move to the Caribbean...then you'll REALLY have to figure shit with your parents out!" Usualy a promise they'll never bother you again.

"Nobody cares that they have these little minds that make them so fucking different! I mean seriously. They think they can just be like "I'm an emo, nobody cares about me" and suddenly people should.

I reiterate, "Emo" is just a Swahili word for "90's Grunge Rip-offs in blacker clothes with more hair gel." Look it up.

"No, you fucking douches, it makes us like you less. It's just a publicity stunt. They think that getting piercings and wearing too much make up makes them mysterious and deep. No, it makes them look like ****s. Fuck.

Lewis Black called, he needs to go stretch because you're cramping his style. He asked for his technique back as soon as you are done with it.

"The other thing that pisses me off is how they don't believe in God... yet go to a Catholic school.

They didn't make that choice, their parents did.

"And alright, being an Atheist is alright, but it's so obvious they do it for attention.

Like people who make bar room rants about their teenage classmates.

The biggest laugh I had all week was when this "goth" in my Religion class asked the teacher, "If I don't believe in God, can I still go to Heaven?".

THAT was your biggest laugh all week? Dude, get thee to Best Buy and buy a few seasons of Scrubs.

Ok, what the hell? How can someone not believe in God but fear not being allowed in Heaven? Our teachers response was "Why does it matter to you?" and she said because she wants to get to Heaven. Isn't that the point of Religion? To try and get to Heaven?".

If that's the only point to religion, then one could make the case that it's a total fail because people live fake lives for fear of no happy afterlife. And anyway, atheists fear Hell because they are indocterinated to do so. I saw a bumber sticker once that said "If you are living like there is no God, YOU'D better be right!" It was all black, and the lettering was in flame.

This just proved to me that all the young girls at my school who think they're trying to be different with the whole "If there's a God, why does he hate me?" and "there is no God!" thing are idiots. If you're gonna be an atheist at least do it right.

You're right. You should step up and say something to them in the class like, "you're all losers, I discussed this on my online pro wrestling forum, and THEY think..."

Like, these people seem to think that high school is the most important thing, and if they're uncool in high school they're gonna grow up sad and weird.

Until college, High School IS one of the most important things in your life, and many of the people who are uncool in High School DO in fact wind up sad and weird. It's because they fail to learn confidence early on in life.

No, you're going to realize that you were sad and weird when you were younger. They're gonna realize that when they were teens they wasted away the best years they had freaking out about things like not having a boy/girlfriend.

Worse are those stupid kids who are overly psychotic about their boyfriend or girlfriend. Nothing sadder than a Sophomore in High School talking about true love and how they've found their soul mate. Meanwhile he's fucking her best friend.

I'm just trying to live for the moment.

Matt Hardy sucks.

Because I don't want to spend my life freaking out and trying to be "unique". I want to have fun, have good friends, all that shit. These are the formation years, might as well do it fucking right.

You wanna know what's unique? Not talking about being unique. Just do it and don't advertise it - everyone in High School tries so hard to be different, they end up being the same. It's natural to gravitate towards those similar to yourself.

What brings this on is a friend of mine who told me today that she decided to go "scene". I looked it up and apparently it's this new thing where you dress with stylish hair, fake nails, lots of make up. It took me all of 10 seconds to realize this was yet another step in the emo, goth, etc. chain.

Tell her that creative has nothing for her at the moment, but you wish her well in her future endeavors.

I came to the conclusion that they're emos, but they're too scared to cut themselves.

Half-assers.

So they left out that little detail. I said this to my friend, and she said "no, I just want to be different!". How the fuck are you different if you're dressing like a stupid fucking army of other emo wannabes? Yes, you're unique. JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

See my point above.

Fuck. I hate teenagers.

Me too...

Ok, so I know that I'm a teenager myself

Whoops...

I wish they would all grow the fuck up and get over themselves. Sorry if I offended anyone, I'm just getting so annoyed with all these stupid kids trying to be so different when they're just another kid who wants to stand out.

I'm offended. I am gonna go home and "go scene."

I don't have that problem. My friends are "normal", despite the constant bitching that occurs on a daily basis. None of them would consider going emo or doing any of that shit people do to seek attention.

But to be fair I am leaving this teenage stage of my life. But I have realized that until you are 25 years old and you have a full time job, nobody will take your opinion seriously in society.

I think a huge problem with teenagers is that they confuse agnst with depth.

I was sitting on a bus a few weeks ago, listening to emos. I couldn't believe the moronic bullshit they were spouting out. As I said, they confuse angst with depth. They're basically saying "Everything is shit... man, I am so deep..."

Ok, so I know that I'm a teenager myself, but unlike most of us little whining idiots I have common sense. I know that my future is what matters, and that these years are just building me up into the person I will be.

Yes teenagers are annoying as hell. It's great that you have decided to just concentrate on being yourself.

I know that I probably haven't met the girl I'll marry

Believe me man. You havent.

I know that my eventual occupation probably hasn't even crossed my mind yet. I'm just a kid, and I have a long life ahead of me to grow and live.

Teenagers are clueless.

I honestly am getting sick and fucking tired of every single little girl who comes to me whining about her stupid problems. "My parents don't get me, my boyfriend doesn't get me, why don't people understand me!". Well, for starters you're insane.

Yeah, but eventually it will get worse for those girls.

They seem to think a little thing like arguing with parents makes them some sort of special person that everybody should give a shit about.

I say if I was the parents. i would do to them just like my parents did to me & send them off to another state to straighten their little asses out.

Nobody cares that they have these little minds that make them so fucking different! I mean seriously. They think they can just be like "I'm an emo, nobody cares about me" and suddenly people should. No, you fucking douches, it makes us like you less. It's just a publicity stunt. They think that getting piercings and wearing too much make up makes them mysterious and deep. No, it makes them look like ****s. Fuck.

True that.

The other thing that pisses me off is how they don't believe in God... yet go to a Catholic school.

Blame that on the parents, not the kids.

And alright, being an Atheist is alright, but it's so obvious they do it for attention.

Truly it doesn't matter what they do. Just let them draw attention to themselves. I for one always think it's hilarious when people draw attention to themselves.

The biggest laugh I had all week was when this "goth" in my Religion class asked the teacher, "If I don't believe in God, can I still go to Heaven?".

Wow. If you want a bigger laugh then watch some Comedy Central.

Ok, what the hell? How can someone not believe in God but fear not being allowed in Heaven?

Hmmm. beats the hell outta me.

Our teachers response was "Why does it matter to you?" and she said because she wants to get to Heaven. Isn't that the point of Religion? To try and get to Heaven?

No not necessarily. The only way in my opinion that you get to heaven is if you believe.

This just proved to me that all the young girls at my school who think they're trying to be different with the whole "If there's a God, why does he hate me?" and "there is no God!" thing are idiots. If you're gonna be an atheist at least do it right.

It's like you said. It's just a faze.

Like, these people seem to think that high school is the most important thing, and if they're uncool in high school they're gonna grow up sad and weird. No, you're going to realize that you were sad and weird when you were younger. They're gonna realize that when they were teens they wasted away the best years they had freaking out about things like not having a boy/girlfriend.

Once high school ends. You start to realize that nobody was truly different thna anybody else. I know it's almost been a whole year since I graduated high school, but from where I graduated from. I believe that everybody that's not me has already either become worthless parasites or are gonna become worthless parasites within 5 years.

I'm just trying to live for the moment.

A sentence from Matt Hardy's theme song. Nice.

Because I don't want to spend my life freaking out and trying to be "unique". I want to have fun, have good friends, all that shit. These are the formation years, might as well do it fucking right.

Then have fun then. Smoke, Drink, Party. whatever just live your life to the fullest & don't do anything that you will regret for the rest of your life.

What brings this on is a friend of mine who told me today that she decided to go "scene". I looked it up and apparently it's this new thing where you dress with stylish hair, fake nails, lots of make up. It took me all of 10 seconds to realize this was yet another step in the emo, goth, etc. chain. I came to the conclusion that they're emos,

Oh god I hate the "scene" crap. I got this girl in my college class that dresses like that & to be honest she looks terrible.

but they're too scared to cut themselves.

Amatures.

So they left out that little detail. I said this to my friend, and she said "no, I just want to be different!". How the fuck are you different if you're dressing like a stupid fucking army of other emo wannabes? Yes, you're unique. JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

Nobody is truly unique at the end.

Fuck. I hate teenagers. I wish they would all grow the fuck up and get over themselves. Sorry if I offended anyone, I'm just getting so annoyed with all these stupid kids trying to be so different when they're just another kid who wants to stand out.

[/rant]

Hey it's cool with me. They should grow up.

I never even considered that was a line from Matt's theme when I wrote that. Hahaha. Thanks for replying, whether you liked my rant or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back