ICW to air on WWE Network

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
According to multiple sites that I can't be bothered to link to, Scottish wrestling promotion ICW is nearing a deal to air their shows on the WWE Network.

It is unclear if they will be airing live shows or just archival footage, but to me this is a good deal for both sides. It will allow ICW to grow their brand, while giving WWE access to more video libraries. I expect more indie promotions to start doing this in the near future.

I admit, I'm not too familiar with the UK wrestling scene outside of the recent WWE UK Tournament and ICW's Fear and Loathing shows, but if Wolfgang is any indication of the talent in ICW, then I will be watching.

Is ICW Insane Championship Wrestling? :suspic:

Nope! It's Instant Car Wash.

I am genuinely over the moon. ICW has been the best British wrestling promotion for some time for my money. PROGRESS gets more exposure but ICW is far and away the better product and has produced the better talents. A lot of people will have a lot to say about its independence and how this is going to change the product. But from what I've read, they aren't going to be toning anything down and, if anything, it might give people an alternative to the toned down WWE product.

Mark Dallas and ICW deserve so much credit for what they have accomplished so far and this would be the culmination of all of their work. I remember going to my first show a few years ago and there was less than a few hundred people there. Last year, they sold out the Hydro, a feat which was truly amazing for a wrestling show that isn't the WWE.

Truly amazed.

Might as well just copy and paste this.

As someone who loved the UK tournament and is enjoying WCPW I'm sure I'm gonna love this one too.

I never thought I would see this, not in my lifetime

I suspect this would get an alloted time slot on the amputated version of the network that Bell Canada users get.

There is nothing worse than a bad pint of Guinness, but there are few things better than a really good one.

As for ICW on the Network, it is an interesting departure from PG for WWE. Recognition perhaps that there is still a demographic of wrestling fans who do not watch with kids but who still spend money on it.

The growth of ICW and the make up of the crowd at the WWEUK championship tournament was a good indicator of that.

Nope! It's Instant Car Wash.

Might as well just copy and paste this.

Have you been watching Scot Squad? Grado is a regular but Mark Dallas pops up every now and then as a fraudster. In the Christmas special he was trying to get his hole by claiming to be Leigh Griffiths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back