Idea for Teddy Long

Funkydr79

Occasional Pre-Show
Okay, so I'm a little bored with Teddy Long as Johnny's whipping boy. How 'bout this for a wishful thinking, but never gonna happen, scenario:

Camera opens on Teddy coming in to talk to Johnny in his office. Johnny tells teddy that he is basically tired of putting him through hell and he's sure that Teddy knows who the better man is now. Teddy reluctantly agrees, and Johnny goes on to say that he is bored putting him through hell and has more important things to worry about like John Cena. Therefore, he is going to give Teddy his job back.

"you're going to make me GM of smackdown again?" Johnny laughs and says, no not that job. But I seem to remember a teddy long who twenty years ago took a couple of big tough Black Men and turned them in to one of the most dominant tags teams of their era...Doom, even jumpstarted the career of a future hall of famer in Ron Simmons (a slight exaggeration on both those points I know).

Teddy- I want you to do the same thing again.....and in walks Titus O'Neil and Darren Young.

It's a simple Idea, but I think those three would make a great team. It would be a better use of Teddy Long and would help Darren and Titus with focus and direction. They seem a little all over the place at times.

I also like the tag name "Prime Time Players" for them.....although that's a separate thing. I just heard Josh Matthews refer to them as that as they were coming out and it stuck out to me as a good tag name.

I think those are both great ideas(which of course means the WWE would never do them)
Laurinitas could still mess with Teddy by saying that if Young/Oneal dont win Teddy gets fired and looses his grand-kids college funds forcing Teddy to cheat for them(reluctantly of course)

as others said this is a good idea but i really just cant see it happening 1 problem would be after so long as a stale face gm could teddy long actullay get over as a heel manager? if anything i could see big johnny giving teddy his job as a ref back...espically for cesaros matches just to add fuel to that dumb storyline that seems realistic i hope it doesnt happen but knowing wwe...it will :disappointed:

I am a fan of old time managers for sure, and I think Teddy could still be a great heel manager today. Those three would make a good combination, but like others have said it won't happen.

I really like the idea but I'm not sure how the transition will excatly be to happy go lucky Face Teddy to evil heel manager. That one sentence sums up my thoughts on this idea even though I would like for it to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back