In Memory of: Michael Clarke Duncan

IT Factor

IT happens!
With the recent news of the untimely death of movie star Michael Clarke Duncan, I thought it'd be nice for people to discuss their favorite films and movie moments about him.

While Duncan was widely recognized for his part in "The Green Mile", he was mostly a comedy actor and a great addition in other serious films/dramatic roles. I did enjoy Green Mile, but I found myself gravitating towards his comedy films. His roles in "Schools for Scoundrels" & "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" were my favorites. His scenes in School for Scoundrels more specifically were hilarious and I loved the part where "Leishure{Duncan's character}" was abducted by Ben Stiller's character and then choloroformed. Just by saying "oh hell" and then fading out made that entire scene funny. Or how about Duncan dressing in drag to help the losers learn how to be smooth with women? Now that, was comedy. :lol: I didn't really care too much for Duncan's work in "The Mummy Returns" or "The Scorpion King" mainly because that kind of film doesn't interest me[kinda like the Harry Potter or Twighlight movies]. It's sad that Michael Clarke Duncan died so suddenly and I, for one, will miss him in movies & television shows[usually as a guest star]. What are your favorite Duncan movies?

Out of all his movies, I'll remember him the most for The Scorpion King. It wasn't a great movie, but Duncan had great chemistry with The Rock in it, and that was enough to make that my favourite movie from him. Will also remember him for his hilarious guest appearances on Two & A Half Men. The scenes between him and Charlie in the first episode he starred in, had me in pieces.

Such a shame that Duncan has passed away. I liked him a lot, and feel he is one of the most underrated actors of all time.

R.I.P Michael Clarke Duncan!

Will also his remember him for his hilarious guest appearances on Two & A Half Men. The scenes between him and Charlie in the first episode he starred in, had me in pieces.

When I referred to Duncan's guest appearances on tv shows, I had his appearances on Two & A Half Men in mind. Those scenes with him and Charlie were comedic genius and just the way he said certain things were hilarious[especially in reference to Jake dating his daughter]. It seems like alot of great actors/actresses are dying lately and most of them under 50. A real shame too, considering what they could've accomplished had they not died so soon.

Damn shame.

I was looking forward to seeing the return of Brittany Murphy and Michael Clark Duncan in the Sin City sequel, because they provided some of the memorable performances in the original. Duncan was the PERFECT choice for the mobster/mercenary Manute. He had the size, and he did bring a strong intimidation factor to this character. The same thing can be said about his role as the Kingpin in Daredevil, and the character from The Scorpion King (I forget the name).

I've always thought The Green Mile was somewhat overrated, but Duncan easily delivered the best performance of his career in that film. Clark showed everyone he could showcase a softer side, and his Oscar nomination provided a great story.

Unfortunately, Clark hit a bad streak of awful films (D.E.B.S. would be a prime example), and the vast majority of his post Green Mile career was forgettable.

But Duncan was a nice guy in real life. Just watch one of his interviews. He's very humble, and you'll be able to see why he earned the "gentle giant" nickname.

When i saw the news of his death on my homepage it was one of those times I was genuinely shocked at someone dying. I remember him the most from The Green Mile, but he was quite funny to. It's sad as he really wasn't that old either. It's a shame he went so soon.
RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back