Int Region, Minneapolis Region, First Round: (5) Antonio Inoki vs. (21)Magnum TA

Who Wins This Match?

• Antonio Inoki

• Magnum TA

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the International Region, Minneapolis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Target Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota

url

url

#5. Antonio Inoki

Vs.

url

#28. Magnum TA

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I have to go with Inoki. I like Magnum, but he was only around for about 5 years on a mainstream stage. Inoki is another legend who has been around forever with a ton of success. That's too much for me to overlook and as much as I love Magnum, there's too much Inoki for Magnum to move on.

Maybe if injury hadn't cut Magnum's career short he would have a chance here. He seemed to be on the verge of superstardom so we'll never know how good he would have been. Unfortunately we can only judge by what actually happened instead of what might have happened and like KB said Magnum just wasn't around long enough. Inoki is probably Japan's most famous wrestler. No disrespect to Magnum but this is an easy win for Inoki.

Magnum TA is the classic IWC "what if?" man, having had his career cut short due to injury. The fact is, he might have been destined for huge things, but then again if Mr. Kennedy had never come back after his injury that followed his Money in the Bank win, we could be rueing that missed opportunity. You can't vote on hypotheticals.

Inoki on the other hand is one of the only people to have made it to the WWE Hall of Fame without having been a member of any of the WWE's acquisitions. That alone should show something of his position on the wrestling spectrum. Inoki would win here, for having actually achieved, rather than having the potential to achieve. Also because he looks like a Japanese version of Jimmy Hill.

This is pretty lopsided, in my opinion. TA was on the cusp of something special before he was injured. Inoki achieved legendary status. Antonio Inoki gets the W.

Inoki takes this, it's not even remotely debatable. Magnum is one of those guys that a lot of people thinks would have been a major player had his career not been ended by a car accident. If I'm not mistaken, he was scheduled to face Ric Flair for the NWA WHC at Starrcade '86. He was a very good NWA United States Heavyweight Champion but, ultimately, Magnum went out still a mid-carder and he's up against one of the most revered & legendary wrestlers to ever lace up a pair of boots in Japan.

When someone says Japanese wrestling, Inoki and that beautiful fucking chin pop into my head. He is an absolute legend and as its been said over and over Magnum is one of, if not the ultimate "What if?" stories. Its sad that his career ended before it really began but you can't vote for potential accomplishments over actual accomplishments

Magnum TA was being groomed as the next mega-star in professional wrestling before his tragic death, while Inoki is one of the biggest names in the history of Japanese wrestling, he's like the Godfather of the sport over there.

Had Magnum's career not been ended before it hit its peak then we could have been talking about him going over here, but sadly it did, and you can't give someone the win because of "what they may have achieved". Because of that, not knowing how good Magnum could have been, I have to give this to Inoki. He did so much for the business and won it all.

Winner: Antonio "The Chin" Inoki

Magnum TA was being groomed as the next mega-star in professional wrestling before his tragic death, while Inoki is one of the biggest names in the history of Japanese wrestling, he's like the Godfather of the sport over there.

Had Magnum's career not been ended before it hit its peak then we could have been talking about him going over here, but sadly it did, and you can't give someone the win because of "what they may have achieved". Because of that, not knowing how good Magnum could have been, I have to give this to Inoki. He did so much for the business and won it all.

Winner: Antonio "The Chin" Inoki

Mate, he is alive. That accident didn't kill him, he just couldn't wrestle. What don't kill you make you more strong huh?

Anotino Inoki. I mean we have heard stories of how Inoki literally booked himself to be the top draw in Japan so I think he will politick his way to the top here. Anyone use that as an argument yet. I digress. Plus he was also a good wrestler. I mean he was ok. It was just how over he was with the Japanese demographic that made his matches memorable for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back