Int Region, St. Louis Region, First Round: (11) Batista vs. (22) Yokozuna

Who Wins This Match?

• Batista

• Yokozuna

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the International Region, St Louis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Scottrade Center, St Louis, Missouri

front.jpg

images

#11. Batista

Vs.

yokozuna.jpg

#22. Yokozuna

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I got to give Batista the edge here. Yokozuna was great, but I think Batista's combined Strength and Speed would lead him to be the victor.

This would be a tough one for Batista because of Yokozuna's size, but there really isn't anything that the Animal couldn't overcome. Batista takes the win.

Batista has an absolutely limitless amount of strength. The dude towers over almost every Professional Wrestler and outsizes them, and outsizes them with 300+ of pure muscle. Yokozuna might have the size but he has been out beat by guys with a power game similar or less than Batista. We might even see a Batista Bomb if that were needed for Batista to get the win. Batista gets the win.

Tough one but I give it to Yoko, dont forget he has mr.fuji at ringside to interfere, Batista aint got no-one

Yokozuna is a Hall of Famer. He has great in-ring skills, Batista has better mic work but in a straight up match up I cant see Batista's strength being much of a factor. Yokozuna wins with a little help from Mr. Fuji or Cornette.

I think batista would come in thinking he was going to manhandle the large, yet not quite as muscular yokozuna only to be taken off guard by the suprising athletecism of yokozuna... yokozuna wins

That REALLY sucks that you guys gave Yokozuna such a poor seed.

Unfortunately for Yoko Batista is the exact type of wrestler he usually had problems with; the big muscle types (IE, Luger and Hogan). Still, Batista is not as good as either of those two and he's rather arrogant. He looks ripped but I don't think he's as strong as either of those two men and I can see him screwing up a body slam attempt. Yoko has the unique ability to really just be able to end a match instantly.

In his prime he was absolutely steam rolling EVERYONE. I think Batista may even get close to winning but with some distractions from Mr. Fuji Yoko pulls off a win.

Batista gets this one here. Yoko lost quite often to men with similar strength to Batista and men who weren't very strong at all. Batista was consistently one of the top 3 superstars of the PG erA, Yoko was never in a class like that.

I'm going to have to go with The Animal on this one. Yokozuna would probably kick the crap out of him though. I see it ending after the biggest spine buster ever and a spear by Batista, maybe even a couple failed BB attempts, he goes for the pin and only get's the two and then Yoko gets him down with the corner smash, then he climbs up onto the second rope and Batista gets under him and hits the power bomb. Probably be sloppy as hell but it would get the job done.

Yoko needs to beat up on at least one muscle man in a tournament like this, so why not Batista?

Batista was dominant, but he wasn't that dominant. Yoko beat anyone and everyone, and I'm not willing to put Batista up there with Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan and The Undertaker. He's close, but not quite there. Tough match, a lot like Luger vs. Yoko.

Yoko drops that fat ass on Dave's chest around the twelve minute mark.

Tough match, a lot like Luger vs. Yoko.

Except, Yokozuna never outright beat Luger. First, Luger beat him by countdown, and then Luger lost to Yokozuna on a disqualification call that was dubious, at best.

I distinctly remember watching Batista spinebuster the Great Khali, at some point. Given the fact that Khali likely goes up for bumps about as well as Mae Young, I don't think I'm going that far out of line to say that Batista lifted up about 500 pounds of Punjabi dead weight. This thought that Batista can't lift Yokozuna doesn't really hold much weight, pardon the pun. Sure, it'd likely be the end spot of the match, but I can see Batista getting Yokozuna up for one spinebuster. And if history has proven anything, it's that if you get Yoko down, he likely isn't getting up. This is the same guy who lost a match because he fell climbing the ropes; at least twice, for that matter.

Batista may not be at the level of Cena, but he's one rung lower. As good as Yoko may have been for his size, I feel Batista is outright better. He made for a better champion, he made for a more entertaining guy to watch, and was the face of Smackdown during some pretty damn good years.

Oh, and if I must give some kayfabe logic here.... Hunter, Cena, Undertaker, Shawn.Beating those four men is pretty damn impressive, and I'll take it over a win over a leaving Hulk Hogan

Edit; well, will ya look here at what I found, eh?

[YouTube]vmGwjQMsro8[/YouTube]

Batista gets cocky and tries to slam Yokozuna but underestimates how big he really is. Yokozuna is too much and BOnzai drops him for the win

I don't like Batista, but that's not the reason I think he'll lose this one. Yokozuna is just fucking massive and even though Batista could get a great advantage with lifting him, he's not got the status of Yokozuna. Batista wasn't ever that great and his sometimes sloppy working could let him down here. I don't know how long it could go, but Yokozuna's gonna end up on top of Batista leading to the 1, 2 & 3.

JS votes Yokozuna

Voting for Batista here. I try to contextualize all of the monster characters with their monster runs. Guys like Yoko, Brock, Goldberg, Khali etc. come in and dominate. It's what they do after that initial run that intrigues me. Guys like Brock and Goldberg were able to sustain their careers after their initial run. A guy like Khali, fell off the face of the earth.

Yokozuna really never did anything for me. He comes from an era where I really lost interest in the product. He had an impressive initial run in the company, but then he fell off the face of the earth. Was he impressive for a guy his size, damn right he was, I just found him terribly bland.

Batista was a guy that was the legit #2 face of the company for nearly half a decade. I'm not a fan of the cocky son of a bitch, but he's simply a bigger star then Yoko. He has the power to hang in with a guy like Yoko and ultimately beat him.

Yokozuna with the upset. He was quick for his size and is a hall of famer. Batista is very powerful, Yokozuna will not be denied.

I like Yokozuna a lot and when he first became champion I couldn't believe anyone could beat him not even the Undertaker!!!!!!!!!! However I believe Batista is the most powerful man wrestling has ever seen and I can see him powerslaming Yokozuna for the win. Batista takes this one.

I'm doing the right thing, and voting for Yoko here. Batista was an "animal", but not even he could overcome the extreme size difference. He'd wear himself out, and get squashed with a BANZAI!...It might be worthy of headlining a PPV, but 9/10 times, Yoko wins this easily.

Batista with the win. He outpaces Yoko by a mile and although he mightn't be able to hit a batista bomb i could see a huge spear to see him win the match.

Now a lot of the votes for Yoko have a ton of solid points. But one thing stands out to me that just bugs the crap out of me. "Yoko will be able to go over Batista because he has Mr.Fuji in his corner." Fuji is a great manager, and he has helped Yoko go over many guys when he was actually on the verge of losing, but it seems like everyone has forgotten about this guy.

ricflair.jpg

That's right, I don't know if any of you guys voting for Yoko remember this guy, but this is the Nature Boy, this is the dirtiest player of the game. You think Mr.Fuji would cheat, but Flair would cheat to get Batista the win, then he will go home and have sex with Mrs.Fuji, then go on to have sex with Yoko's momma. Then at the end of the night strut out with a "Woooo!" If Yoko gets the aid of his manager, then I don't see how Ric Flair can't get the help of Ric Flair, or for that matter, Evolution.

You guys also do realize that Batista also had a spear as a finisher as well, right? Like, the man had a relaible finisher that ended matches where he didn't even have to lift Yokozuna, right?

I like Yokozuna, but he was a placeholder as a champion, during a time where business was way down. Batista only played second fiddle to John Cena, a man has a decent chance of going real far, and did so in during a period of business from 05 onward that was really underrated for WWE. I'll also put his wins against Cena and Triple H, both of which happened clean, over any win of Yokozuna. He had far better matches than Yokozuna, he was a far better promo, and he's just much more entraining.

If we're basing this tournament on the fact that Yoko has too much size, we should just shut this down and give Haystacks Calhoun the trophy. Batista makes a living off beating monsters and giants. This is a match Batista pulls out, and survives

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back