International Region, 3rd Round, 2/3 falls match: (1) Undertaker vs. (8) Dusty Rhodes

Who Wins This Match?

• Undertaker

• Dusty Rhodes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a third round match in the International Region. It will be a 2/3 falls match. It will be held at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan.

tokyodome32.jpg

Rules: Standard wrestling match where winner must get two falls by pinfall or submission to win.

url

#1. The Undertaker

Vs.

url

#8. Dusty Rhodes

This match takes place 1 week after round 2.

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

A lot of people are probably going to see this as an easy win for Undertaker, but I'm positive Dusty Rhodes would give him one hell of a run for his money, especially in his prime. Dusty has beaten some of the all time greats; Harley Race, Ric Flair, Terry Funk, Billy Graham, Abdullah the Butcher, Stan Hansen, Ernie Ladd, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Wahoo McDaniel and countless others have all fallen to him. Dusty has proven he can put up a fight against anybody, so there's absolutely no reason to count him out here. That's not to say this is a declaration of my support for Dusty Rhodes. No, I still think Undertaker deserves the win here, it's just not as open and shut as I think people will see it -- Dusty would have at least one fall to his name.

Facing most anybody else, I'd put Dusty over, but I just can't do it with Undertaker. Undertaker's done it all and he's an even bigger star than Dusty ever was, which is saying a lot, as Dusty ran roughshod through Florida and was basically a household name for some time. Undertaker, whether he's The Deadman or The American Bad Ass, has dominated the WWE scene for over 20 years now, though. That's no small feat. Neither is the fact that he's gone over almost everybody, including the likes of Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels. You can't discount the fact that 'Taker's longevity as an entertainer blows Dusty out of the water too. 'Taker has evolved his character and stayed on top of the WWE, even bettering himself in the ring, having countless matches of the year to his name. To this day, Undertaker's yearly appearance in the WWE to add on another win to his WrestleMania winning streak still entertains the fans more than almost anything else can. Undertaker is and always will be an absolute LEGEND.

'Taker's done too much to lose here. Vote for The Undertaker.

Wait is this a 2/3 falls match or a street fight? Because the thread title says 23 falls but the post says street fight.

My bad, it's two out of three falls.

I think you've got to look at The Undertaker for this one. Dusty's impact on the business is under appreciated, but The Undertaker is unique in wrestling history. His character is totally 80s, yet he's managed to remain relevant through boom and bust.

In kayfabe terms, I think he has it too. Fundamentally, he's rarely beaten once let alone twice, and he has lots of ways to end a match. He's better conditioned than Rhodes and I think he has to take the win, no matter what your criteria.

Undertaker wins this match. It will no doubt be quite a long match, but I highly doubt that Dusty could pin Undertaker twice, considering that Undertaker is a man who rarely lost.

Dusty Rhodes is undoubtedly a very good wrestler, but Undertaker's achievements and stature in the business overshadow Dusty's.

Winner: The Undertaker

Rhodes is underrated by some, and he will take a fall here but Taker is just too much. Rhodes has beaten some big names, but a decent part of Dusty's win list has names Taker beat also. This would be a pretty good match. I could see him hitting a bionic elbow and Taker doing his situp, Dusty hitting a second elbow and getting a three, but Taker wins here. Just too good

Gotta go for The Deadman here. Yes, Rhodes is great and all that, but quite obviously, Undertaker is just above him in most areas again. Dusty will take a pin, maybe the 1st, leaving the last two open for 'Taker to win this one. He'll take a pinfall on his first score, then a Hell's Gate wins it for him.

Undertaker to win & if Cena loses his match, Undertaker to take the tournament.

As much as I love Dusty Rhodes (in fact, in a dream I had last night he gave me a lift home from work; he drives a blue Peugeot 206) I just can't see him getting a fall on the Deadman, let alone two.

I can see this being a very physical match (wrestling is a contact sport, what a stupid phrase) with a lot of action taking place out of the ring. Dusty will give Taker a run for his money, but he just doesn't have the kind of offense to keep Taker down. You can't beat the Undertaker with elbow drops.

Dusty would have to work the legs of the Undertaker - ringposts, steps, etc. - to weaken him for the Figure Four and hope for a submission. But in the end Taker would land a Tombstone for one fall, and finish with the Hell's Gate for the second.

Sorry Dream, the end of the line for you.

This is the Deadman. Big Evil. The American Badass. The Undertaker. No matter what name he goes by he strikes fear in to the hearts of anyone who steps into the ring with him. Just look at his list of beaten opponents. Jesus christ. 20-0 at WM will never be beaten or even come close to being duplicated- ever. That alone should prove it all.

Dream is no slouch. Dont let his look fool you, he can go. He might have the worse ring gear, stammers and stutters -but he can back it up. He has proven to hang with the best ever and come out on top. He is one of the better guys to step between the ropes back in his day. Unfortunately for Rhodes, Taker has stayed the course for decades and very dominant at that. This last match at WM proved no matter the decade, he can pull out all the stops and win in big matches.

Rhodes takes the first fall surprising everyone. Hells gate takes the second for Taker and we are left witness to a huge Tombstone for the victory.

Give this one to Taker.

Rhodes may get a sneaky roll-up in the first or second fall, but Taker will ware The American Dream slick out in this match. Taker has too many moves in his arsenal for this to be competitive. Rhodes has a bionic elbow and a sleeper hold called the Weaver Lock that wouldn't be too effective on the Deadman.

Taker wins with Hell's Gate in the first fall, then a Tombstone in the third fall.

The Undertaker takes this match and I can't see any reasonable or logical argument saying otherwise. Aside from being physically superior to Dusty Rhodes in every measurable way, Taker ranks among the most unique characters and dominant forces to come along in wrestling during the past 40 years.

The only way I can see Dusty picking up a single fall would be if he somehow managed to catch Taker by surprise with some sort of roll up, Taker gets counted out or disqualified. I think the latter two are probably the most realistic because he certainly has nothing in his arsenal capable of keeping Taker down for the count.

I see Dusty putting up a valiant effort against Taker. I know Rhodes has won mounds upon mounds of NWA titles in his career, but talking about his accomplishments when up against someone as dominant as Taker has been just isn't going to cut it.

Whoa, a blowout. I knew Taker would win this somewhat easily but I thought Dusty would get some support. I'm not going to blame anyone though because Dusty isn't getting the support from me. This one goes to Taker. I might put a little more thought into it depending on the stipulation but I just don't see Taker getting beat twice. Rhodes make sneak in one fall somewhere but how could he beat Taker twice? Taker is too much for Rhodes to handle and he moves on.

This would be a very interesting match, and shame on anyone who underestimates what Dusty Rhodes brings to the table, he is a true great of the sport.

But he will alwaysn come up short with Undertaker. The Phenom could take everything Rhodes threw at him snd come back for more. He has beaten everyone there is to beat in his generation and even this years WM shows that he can still raise his game for a big fight and win against the best.

I could see Dusty getting 1 fall here, but Taker would finish it off with a lomstone on the concreate in the bckground. Boom, job done.

Winner: Undertaker

What a heartbreaker here huh??? You've just gotta love Dusty Rhodes ya know, and as people have noted he really is no slouch, but how do you put him past The Undertaker???

Ol' Dusty made a good run of it but I'm afraid it's Rest In Peace here. You could point to a number of different points of Undertaker's career and argue "This was his Prime" one way or another, because in every incarnation of The Undertaker character, he's held the title. I think a good question here is, what version of Undertaker do you imagine beating Dusty Rhodes? I'd imagine every incarnation beats Rhodes but which one do you think really just ends him the most?

I think a lot of folks would point to Undertaker post WM20 as the best version in some ways, but I always had a real penchant for the original character and the second version of it in the purple and black. That was my favorite Undertaker era, just because he was so much more like a monster or something since it was so theatrical back then and you just bought into characters like that more. I would almost bet that the American Bad Ass vs The American Dream would be the best match here though, and Ministry Taker would be interesting as well since he does have The Ministry at his disposal, and was more demonic and evil then, than at any other point probably.

So... being a slight mark for our Virgil and given that this isn't in the WWe, I thought I'd have a look around for the potential upset... unfortunately, I couldn't find anything. Dusty might be a three time World Champ but consider that those three reigns lasted a combined 105 days at a time when single reigns where consistently much longer and they could be looked at as transitional reigns. Taker, on the other hand, has always been a dominant force and, as such, pretty much a sure in here.

This being in an unbiased region, I see the WWe's Undertaker winning 2-1 over a very game NWA 'Common Man'.

I'd like to think that at any point in the entirety of Taker's career in the WWE, if these two were to meet that Taker would almost certainly get the win, Rhodes being a man who feuded with The Million Dollar Man at one point during his run as opposed to the guy who beat Hulk Hogan in his début year and has gone from strength to strength ever since.

Rhodes ought to get a fall in this match because he's earnt it, but how would you beat Undertaker twice? It's something a guy like Brock Lesnar probably wouldn't have been able to do a decade ago when he looked unstoppable, better than he does now and Taker was well into his mid-30s. I'm not going to insult a living legend, but I don't really see what he could do to the Undertaker to get two falls in a match, for every elbow he could throw Taker's taken a dozen chairshot to the head which he's brushed off.

I didn't even consider The Undertaker but he could very well go on to win this whole tournament, based on his ability in the ring, his gimmick, his win streak at wrestlemania and the fact that pretty much nobody he's ever faced, and he's faced a lot of 'em, has been booked OVER Taker. He's at worst been on an even playing field with his toughest adversaries. I see Rhodes as quite a cumbersome roundblock, but one that Taker would just ultimately just saunter through.

He's an all-WWE guy, but you can't ignore how highly he is regarded by everyone, even guys who worked territories and the like who've come before him, and you can't ignore the reasons why. His weakest point is where The Dream excels, that being talking, but it's not enough to deny the Deadman entry to the latter stages of this
tournament.

But I'd like to leave you with this. Taker came into the WWE kicking Dusty Rhodes' buxom behind, and he'd have no trouble doing it again.

[YOUTUBE]t4Ke1SDwP8w[/YOUTUBE]

After seeing the kind of matches that past his prime, constantly dealing with nagging injuries Undertaker is capable of against both HHH and HBK, I just don't see how Dusty Rhodes could hope to beat him twice in one night. I don't think he could do it against 2012 Undertaker, certainly not when Undertaker was in his prime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back