Is it time for a MITB for NXT?

TheICChampion

The hardcore casual fan
NXT has been around for quite some time now, and the NXT titles seem to be garnering more prestige and value than just about any title on the main roster. So, maybe it's time for NXT to hold a MITB ladder match for a title shot? Or, what about a "Feast or fired" type match, but the only difference is, no one gets fired? Think about it, you got 4 or 5 of NXT's top guys in the match, with 4 briefcases. One holds a shot at the NXT title, 2 contain a shot at the NXT tag titles, and one contains a contract for the main roster. Let's say Owens loses his title sometime in the near future to Finn Balor. Think about this: Owens, Zayn, Neville and Itami are the participants, they can book it so Itami grabs the NXT title shot briefcase, Zayn and Owens each grab an NXT tag title shot briefcase which forces them to team up for a shot and Neville obviously gets the contract for the main roster since he's supposed to come up soon anyway. I'd certainly love to see if/how Zayn and Owens are able to team up and Itami vs. Balor for the NXT title. What do you guys think? Is this a decent/interesting idea? How would you like to see this play out if it were to ever happen?

Ahem

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Money in the Bank has been the absolute worst thing to happen to the World Championship, because it completely devalues the act of actually getting it. It's a gimmicky piece of crap, and for a promotion that prides itself on straight forward competition it getting brought in there would be a bad sign that the main rosters over complicated watered down bullshit would get in the way.

Perhaps I should have clarified. I didn't say they could cash in whenever the champion is injured or has just been through a match. I just wondered what it would be like if they had a feast or fired type match for NXT where these guys can "cash in" for a title match but they have to give the champion some notice or at least the champion can't already have a match that night.

In my opinion, there should be as little crossover with NXT and WWE as possible. NXT has, perhaps by design or perhaps by lucky accident, has become an alternative to the more mainstream WWE programming and a great deal of that is due to the simple, concise storytelling, consistent booking and a strong foundation of wrestling talent. NXT is generally doing its own thing for the most part and I don't think they should incorporate the MITB concept.

I'd prefer, and this is just a personal preference, if they did some sort of tournament annually in which the winner gets a shot at NXT. There are very, very, very few tournaments held in WWE and it's been an extremely long time since there's been any real relevance to those that they do hold. Hell, if they wanted to, they could do something like a BFG series that's spread out over the course of several months, though keep the point system simple & concise, with the winner deciding on what type of match they have; i.e. steel cage, falls count anywhere, 2 out of 3 falls, first blood, iron man, etc.

Honestly , I wouldn't want to see that because then it would feel a little too much like a main roster ( or should I say , Vince's ... ) influence ... Although I would occasionally like to see a type of Hardcore match here and there , maybe a TLC of sorts ... It'd be even better if they incorporate or create their own sort of Gimmick match , gives it more of an original feel compared to a Gimmick match that has already been used time and time again

I’ve always said I would have loved to see a Feast of Fired match in the WWE with 5 briefcases, one on each corner and one hanging above the center of the ring. At the time, I believe I said I’d have the cases for a Championship Title shot for the WWE Championship Title, World Heavyweight Championship Title, Intercontinental Championship Title, United States Championship Title, and the Unified WWE World Tag Team Championship Title, taking out the “Fired” briefcase. Considering that the WWE Championship Title and the World Heavyweight Championship Title are now unified as the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title, I’d now say replace the World Heavyweight Championship Title shot with a second Unified WWE World Tag Team Championship Title shot (creating an interesting pairing), or the “Fired” briefcase.

As far as NXT’s Money In The Bank / Feast of Fired match goes, I say why not. I’d have a case for a Championship Title shot for the NXT Championship Title, 2 cases for the NXT Tag Team Championship Title, a Raw contract and a Smackdown contract, once again, taking out the “Fired” briefcase.

In case you can’t tell, I’m still p!$$ed that Velvet Sky was fired due to some bu!!$#!+ briefcase. HAHA!!

Ahem

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Money in the Bank has been the absolute worst thing to happen to the World Championship, because it completely devalues the act of actually getting it. It's a gimmicky piece of crap, and for a promotion that prides itself on straight forward competition it getting brought in there would be a bad sign that the main rosters over complicated watered down bullshit would get in the way.

I agree with this. I hate the MITB concept, but the matches are pretty good. I rather have KOTR back.

Hmm on one hand yeah it be fun to see and guys can pull it off, but on the other hand will it be worth it having 6 guys destroy each other in front maybe 1500 people?

NXT had one ladder match so far during a promo Nevile said he never been in one before, if that's actually true and Neville been working 10+ years i don't think People in NXT should try that. They could get end like Edge expected to do stuff like that semi-regularly and pay the price for it.

Plus I like the tournaments they do cause most the matches are on a high level, making the winners feel like they earned it.

I'd honestly just prefer them to add another title belt similar to the United States/Intercontinental Championship. Having a MITB wouldn't necessarily make it feel like they are mimicking WWE, but they should continue to make the brand as original as possible by creating some new gimmick matches. Since it's a "developmental brand," why not try developing some new match types?

I am against the idea. NXT always has that feel of traditionally climbing the ladder, making your mark and proving your mettle before getting a shot at the title. And then they have a long and hard-fought battle for the title. Having a guy out there constantly threatening to cash in anytime, anywhere, every year, and then winning the title in 2 minutes, would be too much RAW/SD-like. Instead, NXT should have something of its own, something different and better than the main shows. People love King of the Ring. NXT can bring it back and make it a huge success with their talented roster.
I'm even more against the idea of a Feast or Fired concept in NXT. The last thing you want is to be accused of stealing ideas from that shell-of-its-former-self wrestling company that you hate even talking about.

YES

I thought it would be a good idea for a while either a MITB or Battle Royal where the winner doesn't get a title shot but a promotion to the main roster. It would be huge exposure for the NXT guys for the average fans esp. with them touring now. And seeing the talent may help the Network subscribers

If NXT remains a developmental brand, then the answer from me would be no. The product, in developmental brand form, is 100% fine the way it is. Nothing needs to be changed. Now, if NXT became its own brand, then yes absolutely. Money In The Bank is the most successful of the new PPV brands so if NXT were to become its own brand, I could see Money In the Bank joining Night Of Champions and the Big 4 as the dual branded half of the PPV brands while the other half get divided up between Raw/Smackdown and NXT. There would be two Money In The Bank briefcases, a yellow one for NXT and a red one for Raw. That should only happen if NXT does indeed becomes its own entity though. We do NOT need a developmental briefcase. The tournament structure works so much better for contendership determining on that level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back