Is it Worth $14.95 to buy the ROH PPV Tonight

CDoherty

Occasional Pre-Show
I need a little help, right now I'm on the fence whether to order the ROH PPV tonight or not. To be honest I haven't watch much since the whole Border Wars fiasco, and I got my money back and told them to screw themselves. I see the lineup for tonight and I think meh, except Steen vs. Rhino sounds awesome. That is something I would pay to see, but $15 for one match I don't know, and I gotta say even though I thought I couldn't care less about that piece Matt Hardy, I am a little interested in seeing what he is going to do.

Help Please!

Here's the Lineup:
ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/4kztq
ROH World Champion Kevin Steen defends against "The Man Beast" Rhino

**NEW** ROH World Tag Team Champions will be Crowned!!

-S.C.U.M. (Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino) vs. Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman vs. Rhett Titus & Charlie Haas vs. Jay & Mark Briscoes

ROH World TV Champion Adam Cole defends against "No Fear" Mike Mondo

ACH makes his ROH Debut vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Tadarius Thomas vs. Silas Young

Jay Lethal vs. "The Notorious 187" Homicide

The House of Truth ("Unbreakable" Michael Elgin & Roderick Strong) w/ Truth Martini vs. The Irish Airborne (Jake & Dave Crist)

I've purchased it, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I'll try and sell it to you.

Steen versus Rhino will probably be an all out brawl, you think It'll be pretty awesome, I think It'll be more-so entertaining than anything. You get a lot of good tag team wrestling, two qualifiers for the final including The Briscoes, Corino and Jimmy Jacobs, plus Charlie Hass and Rhett Titus, not to mention the young duo of Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander who've been pretty impressive. And then the final itself, which may lead to the presentation of brand new ROH World Tag Team title belts; basically tonight will exhibit the promotion with easily the best tag team division in North America.

If you're familiar with ROH history, the team Irish Airborne return tonight after three years to face Roddy Strong and Michael Elgin, not only will it be cool seeing IA back, but tonight could be the night Roddy and Elgin turn on each other. There is also going to be a lot of interest surrounding Elgin as a whole, considering he's in line to face the ROH World Champion at Glory By Honor X. You got Jay Lethal versus Homicide - I don't need to go into detail, It'll probably steal the whole f'n show and then some.

After that you'll see a few of the young guys and an ROH TV Championship match featuring Adam Cole against Mike Mondo. Outside of the actual in-ring schedule, as you mentioned you got Matt Hardy, and despite what your personal opinion may be, hes cleaned himself up, is in good shape and has been getting some pretty solid reviews from several promoters on the indy circuit. He's rumored to be featuring in a long program with somebody, could be Kevin Steen, could be just about anyone.

And the return on Davey Richards. Just to give you some hypothetical possibilities which may come from this, Richards cut a promo last weekend in Carolina at an ROH show and apologized for his recent actions outside the ring, yet helped Kyle O'Reilly in his match against Adam Cole. So you could get a full on heel turn from Richards, or better yet considering Eddie Edwards isn't advertised, an American Wolves reunion which Richards has publicly stated he wants, further adding to the tag team division.

It's your choice really, on paper I think it's an impressive wrestling card, not too stoked on the Tadarius Thomas versus Silas Young match or the TV title match, because Cole and Mondo haven't exactly got great chemistry, but you get what should be some great tag team wrestling, guarantee of new Champions crowned, Davey Richards return, great wrestling from the likes of Lethal/Homicide and ACH/Kyle O'Reilly, plus a fun brawl for the ROH World Championship to end the night. And considering this is DBD X, I wouldn't be too surprised to see a couple surprises thrown in.

Hope you make the right decision dude.

The card is pretty bland, in my opinion, but at the very least the tag team match should be fantastic. There's a decent story going in, with Rhett Titus and Charlie Haas teaming together for one night only; if they win they're going to face off in singles competition with the winner scoring the belts for their respective team. THis is all, of course, after Kenny King left for TNA and forced the titles into a state of vacancy.

I don't get the Steen hype, but I don't watch ROH or any other independent as religiously as I'd like. I see maybe 2 or 3 iPPV's a year, and I used to catch a few shows in Chicago before I moved.

I'd say go for it, but I only have to pay $12 so...it's easier to part with the cash.

Sure I decide to buy it and it's Border Wars all over again, website temporalily unavailable.

Now just as I type this comes up stream offline, great I knew I should have just been done with ROH.
Steen please go to TNA so I can actually see you.

Final five minutes of Kevin Steen versus Rhino was awesome. Rhino Gored Jacobs, Corino and the referee before turning around into a Gore from Kevin Steen, Steen Package Piledrived Truth Martini, then Rhino Gored himself through a table and Steen finished Rhino off with the F-Cinq for the victory, really fun match and I recommend it.

Ring of Honor also unveiled brand new tag team title belts and they looks pretty cool, simple but cool. Overall despite the issues with the first three matches, pay-per-view was very good, big step up from Boiling Point.

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a Rhino match. Only two from his time in TNA that spring to mind are the cage match with Christian and the triple thread with Angle and Christian that went on for an entire episode of Impact I doubt ROH has done him any favours.

The weird thing about Rhino is he's only 36. Feels like he's been around forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back