9) Rick Rude Vs Yokozuna

10) Killer Kowalski Vs 'High Chief' Peter Mavia

11) Jake 'The Snake' Roberts' Vs Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine

12) 'Classy' Freddie Blassie Vs King Kong Bundy

13) 'The Milion Dollar Man' Ted Dibiase Vs Iron Sheik

14) 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Vs 'Mr Wonderful' Paul Orndorff

15) 'Macho Man' Randy Savage Vs Bam Bam Bigelow

16) Pat Paterson Vs Jimmy Snuka
A Huge thanks goes out to Shadowmancer for doing the seeding for the WWE Bracket.
NWA Round 1 Matches (In Order)
1) Antonio Inoki Vs Rikidōzan

2) Nature Boy Ric Flair Vs Lex Luger

3) Harley Race VS Kerry Von Erich

4) Lou Thesz Vs Michael P.S. Hayes

5) Verne Gagne Vs Tully Blanchard

6) Gene Kiniski Vs Sting

7) Stan Hanson Vs The Original Sheik

8) Pat O' Connor Vs Giant Baba

9) Terry Funk Vs Jerry The King Lawler

10) Dory Funk Jr. Vs Dick The Bruiser

11) The Original Nature Boy Buddy Rodgers Vs Bobo Brazil

12) Bruiser Brody Vs Nick Bockwinkel

13) The American Dream Dusty Rhodes Vs Jack Briscoe

14) Big Van Vader Vs Fritz Von Erich

15) Carlos Colon Vs Dynamite Kid

16) Barry Windham Vs Arn Anderson
A Huge thanks goes out to Slyfox for doing the seeding for the NWA Bracket.

Discuss the next WZ Tournament here. If/When I get a sub-forum I guess this can be moved.

Some tournaments

Tag Team one holds little interest to me.

I like the movie one.

The wrestler one will probably be the only on I participate in.

Its a good selection there Ace. Make sure you get the write ups made up, find some nice photos, and maybe some match links for all of them. It is going to be a fun tournament.

Its a good selection there Ace. Make sure you get the write ups made up, find some nice photos, and maybe some match links for all of them. It is going to be a fun tournament.
I have some good pics already don't worry. I'm a good writer so that won't be a problem and I'll get some matches off of youtube and post them with the Pics and write ups.

I'll participate, Not in all of them though because I dont know a couple of people in there, Meh I'll do some research. :)

I'll participate, Not in all of them though because I dont know a couple of people in there, Meh I'll do some research. :)
This is one of 2 Main reasons I started this tournament. I want people to study and Gain appreciation for the Legends that paved the way for todays Superstars. The other 1 is to get some good discussion going in the Old School Section because it doesn't get enough traffic IMO

I'm hoping to maybe get a sub-forum like Shango got for the Movie Tourney that way Everything is in one section and isn't getting pushed down by other threads.

On a side note does anyone know when the Tag Team and Movie Tourneys are going to be done because as soon as that happens I can start posting up the matches

I love the idea for this tournament. I was wondering however how did you decide who is a legend and who isn't. I mean Papa Shango many wouldn't consider him a legend. Also is RVD a legend yet I'm not so sure of it. If you were to put active wrestlers like Sting then Why not Shawn Michaels or Undertaker, they are both definitely legends. Anyways the tourney should be fun, again good Idea. Oh yeah forgot the Great Muta and Jushin Liger as Japanese legends. I like the the Idea but It could have been expanded to include more legends. Possibly have Legends like Hogan and Flair and others get byes and have a vote on which legends get into the tournament.

I love the idea for this tournament. I was wondering however how did you decide who is a legend and who isn't. I mean Papa Shango many wouldn't consider him a legend.
I know He isn't quite a Legend I put him in there because at the time I was looking for any names and the poster of the same name asked me to put him in there
Also is RVD a legend yet I'm not so sure of it.
He's a WWE & ECW champion holding both at the same time He's a multiple WWE Hardcore & Intercontinental Champion. He was also the TV Champion for almost 2 years in the original ECW. I htink he'll do OK
If you were to put active wrestlers like Sting then Why not Shawn Michaels or Undertaker, they are both definitely legends.
Originally I didn't want any active Wrestlers but Sting has done som much for this business in his career in WCW when Slyfox added him in to the NWA Bracket I kept him in there. HE is the inly Active Wrestler I will allow in though.
Oh yeah forgot the Great Muta and Jushin Liger as Japanese legends.
Both are still active over in Japan as far as I know so they're out.
I like the the Idea but It could have been expanded to include more legends. Possibly have Legends like Hogan and Flair and others get byes and have a vote on which legends get into the tournament.
It was hard enough just to get people to give me names on who they wanted in the tournament. Also I never liked people getting byes in tournaments so I put enough people where everyone has a match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back