Jay Lethal No Longer With TNA

Why do you blame Russo? I know blaming Russo for anything that goes wrong is kind of the IWC's thing, but facts are facts: Russo and Lethal were in the same company for years. I doubt his departure has anything to do with Russo.

Don't misconstrue this as passionate Russo fanboy garbage. I have never liked Russo's booking style, but I think that blaming Russo just falls into the hands of Eric Bischoff, who is probably the real culprit in this case. Remember, it was Bischoff, not Russo, who wrote off Christopher Daniels as "bland and uninteresting."
Lethal was on fire, he was over with the fans and he had the carpet pulled right out from under him.

By most accounts Russo is the guy who runs the show, especially with Dixie Carter laying low ATM and Hulk Hogan stealing a paycheck

Alright. I'm willing to bet a few bucks on this. There are already somewhat well founded rumors that the Jay Lethal departure is a work. This is mainly because active TNA Wrestlers spoke out against it, something you usually wouldn't do in public knowing your employer is listening. This certainly makes it seem like a work. If not, then it says that TNA is in worse trouble than we thought. That would certainly sadden me greatly...because I've been a very loyal fan for years and pray every day we can end the current nonsense soon, bring back the X Division, bring back stars such as Petey Williams and bring back the 6 sided ring (I can dream).

Given that its a work AND that the Network will be revealed soon, I firmly believe Jay Lethal will be part of the Network storyline. My guess is that Mick Foley is the network, due to his previous "owner shares" in the company giving him some sort of influence. He will bring in Jay Lethal for help and protection when he reveals himself, giving Lethal a big rub and hopefully bringing in viewers, since Mick will be doing what he does best since his body fell apart...giving great promos. This may be a chance for Lethal to invent another great character as he now comes in as a "big wig" power broker. Imagine Jay Lethal all grown up in a suit and tie, but with a vicious side, as needed.

I saw in a article on wrestlezone.com that there was a reason behind Jay Lethal's departure. In the article it was said that the reason was because x-division wrestlers complained about the match that happened at lockdown, so Lethal was let go for this reason.

Jay Lethal was actually one of the guys I mentioned in the ‘Spring Cleaning’ thread and thought he should/could be released. This is no big deal really. He’s not an important part of the show and without the impressions, he’s not that interesting.

I’m surprised at how many replies this thread has though (as I didn’t think anyone would be bothered), or maybe I’m not that surprised. TNA actually do something good by releasing someone that’s not needed and people want to complain. WTF? What doe’s Jay Lethal actually contribute to TNAs product? Not much from what I see. Are people not always complaining about TNA having too many guys and too much dead weight that don’t add anything to their show? Like it or not, Jay Lethal is one of those guys that doesn’t add anything to the product (unless he’s doing impressions – then he’s gold!)

TNA tonight seems a bit too focused on Jay Lethal. Not to mention Lethal will be showing up at a RoH Event (if it hasnt happen already) and with Daniels wrestling on TNA while he is suppose to be RoH...eh

Not sure what all I can say in this thread but I remember reading that said Lethal was fired before of the other X Divison Wrestlers complaining...we just saw that take place on TNA iMPACT! I think...the lines just got blurred and a reporter got confused or something.

Because its looking like this whole thing is a storyline.

After Impact last night, there should be little doubt that I was right and Jay Lethal has NOT been let go in reality. There were multiple X Division segments about Jay Lethal being "fired" last night...you certainly are not going to keep building someone up that was "fired" and can go to the competition. Kudos to the writers creating something a little more fresh. It looks like the "firing" is a way to FINALLY bring the X-division into the spotlight again.

Nice touch with Bicshoff trying to belittle (pun intended) the guys in the backstage segment. It would have really said bad things about TNA if they DID let him go.

It looks like they are going to build a rebellion storyline with the X Division around Jay Lethal being fired that will probably culminate with a big Jay Lethal return in a few weeks at the demand of the newly announced Network Person pulling the strings.

Now if only the Network would also bring back the 6 sided ring...;-). The corners worked much better for X division action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back