Jeff Hardy's New TNA "Immortal" Championship

Dizzy

Championship Contender
This Thursday, Immortal will reveal the newly designed "Immortal" championship belt for Jeff Hardy.

In respects to the spoiler rule, I won't post the details or picture. I personally like it and the concept. TNA would be the first company to make a gimmick title belt for a heel. Rock, Stone Cold, Cena all had their own title belts as faces.

I know everyone here will really dislike it, regardless of how much the old belt needed change.

Actually when Edge was a heel on RAW and won it from Rob Van Dam, he debuted the Rated R spinner belt, so technically that should count as a gimmick title belt, even if he was copying the spinner concept from Cena.

Still, it would be new to have for TNA to debut something like that. I almost expect Robbie E. to have a spinner belt for the X division title. It would also mean that Jeff will be champ for a LONG time.

Yeah I saw the picture and it looks really cool. However, it doesn't seem like the new official TNA World Title, it looks Hardy-ish. Still, I love the idea. Immortal already took over the intro, they're beating people up left and right, and now they've got their own belt. THAT'S how you do a take over.

i was there tonight,an i gotta say it was surely quite a sight to see.the title is definitely different then before.(like design style an what not).by the way,i was 5 feet away from pope during a segment.

Just saw the picture. It looks like the Divas title belt that everyone trashes. Thus, if you see it and have trashed the Divas title belt, praising this one would be wrong.

That said, I'm fine with this if its supplemental to the main title belt which is quite nice. Stone Cold's smoking skull belt was always supplementary and that's great. When it actually replaces a belt, you end up with the current WWE title look and that's not good. I'm never a believer that one performer should change out a title for a new one. If you want to talk about prestige, creating your own just takes that away. Have one as a supplement and that's all. We'll see how this plays out though.

Just saw the photo. I don't like the design, It is very Hardy-ish...and I've never been a Hardy fan, however, I like the concept.

I'm fine with this if its supplemental to the main title belt

Agree with this...as long as it stays this way, I'm completely fine with it.

I also think this means that they have plans for Hardy to stay champion for quite awhile, which will be good for the Immortal take over.

tnatitle.jpg

It looks pretty bad. Its really tacky so I guess it suits Hardy. At least it wasn't the old TNA title belt with spray paint. Hopefully this title belt will only be for Hardy, but it looks just as bad as the WWE Diva's belt. At least it looks like Hardy will show is face live on Impact for once. TNA needs more than a change of title belt to gain ratings though.

I've seen the pic and couldn't agree more that it looks like a Jeff Hardy Original. It looks like it's got bat wings and looks a bit sinister. It may just be a flash-in-the-pan like the Rated-R Spinner belt. It looks a lot like the TV Title. The immortal storyline really look like it's in for the long haul. I like it.

Um... This looks kind of like the Divas title to me. I'm not sure what they were trying to do. I hope this is just the title temporarily for Hardy and not the new permanent design. It looks to me like the WWE World heavyweight title is the only title that looks good.

Hardy's title looks even worse than the WWE tag belts. Now all we need is WWE to unify the world titles into that f'ing spinner. Belts really are just props and as a wrestling fan since the mid 80's thats just sad.....

FIts interesting, but I dont think I like it. My first thought when seeing it was that it looks like Hardy drew it himself. Its got a purple strap, and there appears to be an aquaman face on it. Not to mention it looks like the smallest belt in either company. And then theres the Divas title comparison. If its permanant, its horrible, if its just for Jeff, its acceptable.

On a side note, why does every title in wrestling suck these days? The WHC is pretty sexy, pure gold look, big, prestigious. But thats all. The spinner belt is ugh, the new tag belts look like cheap trash, the US and X titles are entirely cliche towards their name, as with the Divas belt(why didnt they keep the womens title instead?). Ive always liked the IC though, and Im glad they havent tried a recreation. If its one thing Ill say for WCW, I liked their belts. Bring back the attitude era world title.

Congrads Jeff! You are the winner of the Divas belt from the WWE... Fucking Shit!

My goodness, throw out any credibility that company. The best custom belt ever, was Stone Cold's belt. It was simple, and it looked good.

Going out and making up some title belt that looks a mixture between the diva's belt and He-man the universe doesn't help anything out.

it looks like a masquerade mask wearing a bad thong! TNA needs to take a page out of WWE and ROH's book and learn how to make a good championship title like the WHC! and to that zeven zion girl you are a TNA sympathizer and you must be riding jeff hardy's dick because if you say that the new TNA title is sexy than little girl...you need your head examined because from the looks of that mess the WWE divas belt looks better than that peice of shit and i bet when WWE introduced the new SPINNER and unified tag titles you were on this site saying the same shit about the new wwe titles that i am saying about that laughable peice of shit you sheepsympathizers call a title! jeff hardy must be sharing his crack with TNA if they approved of that POS and he must be sharing some of it with you sheep and sympathizers including that zeven zion transvestite who is riding his dick!

I SPEAK WHATEVER COMES UP IN MY MIND! I USED TO LOVE TNA WITH A PASSION!!!! BUT...WHEN THEY STARTED GETTING BORING I REVERTED BACK TO BEING A WWE FAN AND HAVEN'T LOOKED BACK! TNA CAN GET BETTER! BUT THEY WON'T BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO CHEAP! AND THEY ARE TALENTLESS!

"everytime someone bashes WWE Randy Orton Gives Them An RKO!"

"I Rather Watch WWE On Monday,Tuesday,Thursday And Friday Nights Instead Of Wasting My Time Watching
A Bunch Of Washed Up WWE Rejects On A Minor League Show On Thursday Nights"

"I Rather Committ Suicide Than To Sit In My Room And Watch 3 Hours Of Recycled And Copied Storylines From 1996-2008"

I don't know what you guys are talking about. That doesn't look like a Butterfly at all. It looks like a creature to me since he is the creature of the night. The fucking things have eyes on it. I think it is good because it is obviously just Hardys belt.

it looks like a masquerade mask wearing a bad thong! TNA needs to take a page out of WWE and ROH's book and learn how to make a good championship title like the WHC! and to that zeven zion girl you are a TNA sympathizer and you must be riding jeff hardy's dick because if you say that the new TNA title is sexy than little girl...you need your head examined because from the looks of that mess the WWE divas belt looks better than that peice of shit and i bet when WWE introduced the new SPINNER and unified tag titles you were on this site saying the same shit about the new wwe titles that i am saying about that laughable peice of shit you sheepsympathizers call a title! jeff hardy must be sharing his crack with TNA if they approved of that POS and he must be sharing some of it with you sheep and sympathizers including that zeven zion transvestite who is riding his dick!

I SPEAK WHATEVER COMES UP IN MY MIND! I USED TO LOVE TNA WITH A PASSION!!!! BUT...WHEN THEY STARTED GETTING BORING I REVERTED BACK TO BEING A WWE FAN AND HAVEN'T LOOKED BACK! TNA CAN GET BETTER! BUT THEY WON'T BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO CHEAP! AND THEY ARE TALENTLESS!

"everytime someone bashes WWE Randy Orton Gives Them An RKO!"

"I Rather Watch WWE On Monday,Tuesday,Thursday And Friday Nights Instead Of Wasting My Time Watching
A Bunch Of Washed Up WWE Rejects On A Minor League Show On Thursday Nights"

"I Rather Committ Suicide Than To Sit In My Room And Watch 3 Hours Of Recycled And Copied Storylines From 1996-2008"

I don't know what the hell was posted in this entire ramble, but the WHC on Smackdown is a WCW belt that WWE uses now. Yeah that is right. It is an original thing from WCW that they are using. What did you say about 1998 again?

If it's to help his gimmick cool, problem with most wrestling fans they hate the current crop of belts, but belts need changed to go with the times, if they were a real championship I'd say keep them with the early 90s version of the belts, but their just drops and most of us are just nostolgic to that era fans of today will do the same in 10 years time.

I want to like it. I want to give positive feedback to the creative mind behind this prop. But I simply do not like it. I can't help the fact I do not like it; it makes me think if H.R. Giger went to a Gay Pride Festival and then decided to create a wrestling belt. It doesn't do anything for me but distract me from the character that is Jeff Hardy- Antichrist Superstar.

That's not good in my books. This is a superstar TNA is really trying to get behind as a real powerful heel. But this belt...as much as it does represent Hardy (Purple, Spontaneous With Demonic Finish) to me it looks too much like the WWE Divas' Belt. I know others have said it, but nothing can be more obvious.

I'm speechless and wondering why they didn't just keep the TNA Championship. Wasn't the TNA Championship relatively new?

As with many others in the thread, my first impression is that it looks too similar to the Divas belt. Purple and silver just doesn't feel right for a championship belt that is to be taken seriously. I hope it is just a belt for Hardy and not a replacement of the championship belt.

Yeah I saw the picture and it looks really cool. However, it doesn't seem like the new official TNA World Title, it looks Hardy-ish. Still, I love the idea. Immortal already took over the intro, they're beating people up left and right, and now they've got their own belt. THAT'S how you do a take over.

My God, TNA could burn down the Impact Zone, killing everyone inside, and you would say it worked. Blindest mark on the planet, I swear to God.

This belt looks awful. It's the ugliest thing I've seen since Mae Young gave birth to a freakin' hand. But..that doesn't mean I absolutely hate it..yet.

If it's just Jeff's belt, his own personal belt, I have no problem. It's rather gothic looking, and so is he. Austin had his Smoking Skull belt. Would I have wanted anyone else to have that thing? No. So for now, as long as it turns out to be Jeff's personal belt, I have no problem. But if TNA decides to keep that horrid looking thing as the company title, that's a whole different story.

The belt is not a very good piece of artwork I'll admit. I would have liked something closer to this antichrist character that Jeff is portraying. I mean that was the cool thing about Austin's smoking skull belt. It just looked like it belonged to a badass. Same with Cena's spinner belt when it started out. It just felt like it belonged to a cool dude.

Pink does not even remotely look like antichrist to me. It looks a bit girly. Looks like a belt custom-made for Rico.

That belt looks crap. With it not being gold or silver, it doesnt look like a promotions world title. I hope this belt is dropped after Jeff loses the belt, whenever that is. With him being given his own custom-style title belt (as Austin and Rock did in WWE), I cannot see Hardy losing the belt and time soon, and I hope he does have a long reign as it will help Immortal to remain dominant.

I just wish they hadnt made this ugly piece of shit belt

once again.... tna.... bad idea....

i love tna & alot of the wrestlers. said this for a while & have defended the good points as well as pointed out the bad. but this title is definately one of the dumbest things on tv. im nt a big fan of the wwe tag titles but they atleast look like they belong.

the idea of a personalized title is unique & brings some depth to the storyline. but for the love of god why design something that looks worse than a half ass toy from the dollar store? yes it does kinda fit the 'hardy' character & proves he wont drop the strap anytime soon, but wtf. this belt is ******ed looks like a door prize from some terrible carnival.

when tna changed over from the nwa title i thought it was amazing. the tna championship looks fantastic & gave tna more of an identity. that belt is great, looks good on aj\angle, etc... it looks like something guys would battle for. this new title is a total failure. it looks like matt\jeff made it at home in their basement for a pretend company they run out of the backyard. should be dubbed the 'intergalactic enigma title version 1'... for ages 3-12, mattitude sold seperately.....

whats next? a pink & purple butterfly title belt?.... oh, yeah... wwe already beat tna to that 'epic fail'....

someone fucking beat the 'immortals' & burn that belt. if tna really wants to start being a 'shoot' company, lock hardy & jarrett in a cage with joe & angle. throw out the rule book & watch the immortals get their ass handed to them.

On a side note, why does every title in wrestling suck these days? The WHC is pretty sexy, pure gold look, big, prestigious. But thats all. The spinner belt is ugh, the new tag belts look like cheap trash, the US and X titles are entirely cliche towards their name, as with the Divas belt(why didnt they keep the womens title instead?). Ive always liked the IC though, and Im glad they havent tried a recreation.
First off, i disagree with all titles in WWE looking bad. I personally like the US title, the IC and World title. the WWE title is old now because it looks like a kids belt and the Tag titles look like overgrown pennies.

As for someone saying WWE should unify the world titles, i hope WWE gets that plan and shoves it down the toliet. i like having 2 midcard titles, 2 world titles and one tag title and one women's title, just recreate new tag team, diva's and WWE title and i think it would be more interesting.

As for the NEW TNA World title belt, is that belt going to remain a TNA world title or will it be trashed when Dixie Carter somehow regains her company?? as for the belt itself, i like the strap it has, dont like the rest, i have seen the picture on Wrestlezone.com and it reminded me of the Diva's title.

To be quite honest, I don't see this championship being anything noteworthy for a world title belt. There would be something else to it if it was simply a mid-card championship. However, this "ugly" belt is gonna be the biggest price of the company, and I'm not quite sure I see any positives in this.

I'm guessing this thread already is, or will eventually be over floated with numerous "At least it's better than the WWE championship". But really, the WWE championship could hardly compete with the ugliness of this one. But I really in the end don't care how it looks. Cause it's just a championship, and it's the champion I want to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back