Jeff Jarrett Reportedly Talking with Anthem Sports About TNA

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
According to John Pollack of The Fight Network, TNA co-founder Jeff Jarrett has had recent talks with Anthem Sports & Entertainment’s Ed Nordholm. Anthem is the parent company of Fight Network and new majority owner of TNA Wrestling, and Jarrett and Nordholm reportedly met so Nordholm could get some “background information” for Anthem as they prepare to oversee the revival of the TNA brand.

Jarrett no longer has any kind of role with TNA, but because he was the co-founder of the promotion, Anthem wanted to speak with him, and the two reportedly went out of their way to meet in secret to have “exploratory discussions”, reports PWInsider.com. Jarrett has not been at TNA offices in Nashville, and Nordholm wanted to meet with Jarrett to get some background on TNA and learn different aspects of how the company operated throughout the years.

PWInsider further reports that John Pollack heard about the potential talks between Anthem and Jarrett, so he went to Anthem with questions. Seeing as how Pollack is technically an employee of Anthem, he went directly to them about the story, which Anthem confirmed, and then allowed Pollack to publish his report.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/784...portedly-talking-with-anthem-sports-about-tna

—

Anyone wanna take a stab at what "exploratory discussions" entails? With Dixie Carter effectively out of power, though still with the company as a figurehead, it's not inconceivable to think that Jarrett could potentially be coaxed back into he picture with the right role behind the scenes.

I think this was just like reported, just Anthem trying to understand what they just bought and how it was operated before they restart the brand and see where you can go with this and if they have to change something in management. I don'T see Jarrett coming back as part of management anymore. He's happy doing his own thing and know TNA is a dead brand.

I think this was just like reported, just Anthem trying to understand what they just bought and how it was operated before they restart the brand and see where you can go with this and if they have to change something in management. I don'T see Jarrett coming back as part of management anymore. He's happy doing his own thing and know TNA is a dead brand.

WoW! An ignorant and laughable statement coming from a wwe fan!With Anthem in power TNA will never be dead it's like almost Turner Broadcasting taking over type of deal! It is obvious Anthem wants JJ back in the management picture afterall TNA was his brand and he is the co -founder of TNA! The laughable statement I am implying is this "I don'T see Jarrett coming back as part of management anymore. He's happy doing his own thing and know TNA is a dead brand" GFW is a dead brand and it is on life support as we wrestling fans see it maybe Anthem wants to bring GFW and merge them together! Jeff Jarrett is not happy doing his own thing seeing GFW as a failure as it stands and how Ditzy Carter ruined TNA and lost most of her roster by granting them releases AJ Styles ,Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Eric Young etc where 4/5 of this talent is buried in nxt cemetary! I wouldn't be surprised if AJ Styles will be buried when he returns from his injuries seeing that this is is an exact carbon copy of how Daniel Bryan was buried!

WoW! An ignorant and laughable statement coming from a wwe fan!With Anthem in power TNA will never be dead it's like almost Turner Broadcasting taking over type of deal! It is obvious Anthem wants JJ back in the management picture afterall TNA was his brand and he is the co -founder of TNA! The laughable statement I am implying is this "I don'T see Jarrett coming back as part of management anymore. He's happy doing his own thing and know TNA is a dead brand" GFW is a dead brand and it is on life support as we wrestling fans see it maybe Anthem wants to bring GFW and merge them together! Jeff Jarrett is not happy doing his own thing seeing GFW as a failure as it stands and how Ditzy Carter ruined TNA and lost most of her roster by granting them releases AJ Styles ,Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Eric Young etc where 4/5 of this talent is buried in nxt cemetary! I wouldn't be surprised if AJ Styles will be buried when he returns from his injuries seeing that this is is an exact carbon copy of how Daniel Bryan was buried!

You couldn't be wrong on so many counts if you tried harder.

First of all NXT is not a cemetery and Styles as the WWE Champion is doing just fine. Samoa Joe was a two time NXT champion, Aries won't be there long and neither will Roode. I think they'll be called up to the main roster around Mania time frame. All of the wrestler's that were formerly with TNA have done and will do pretty well for themselves.

And just how is Styles the same as Daniel Bryan. Styles as an ankle injury which he will recover from, Daniel Bryan has career ending concussion issues. Not the same thing at all.

But I do agree that it wouldn't be at all surprising to see Jeff Jarrett back doing something with TNA. GFW hasn't exactly taken off in the last how many years since it started, and he does know TNA like the back of his hand. Good thing that Dixie has been taken out of the loop, she destroyed that company. And it's not completely alien to hear that Anthem reached out to Jarrett, after dealing with Dixie Carter they must have been at their wits end. All in all it will be interesting to see what happens next in the ongoing TNA saga. I mean shit you just can't make this shit up. The WWE creative dept must be drooling.

You couldn't be wrong on so many counts if you tried harder.

First of all NXT is not a cemetery and Styles as the WWE Champion is doing just fine. Samoa Joe was a two time NXT champion, Aries won't be there long and neither will Roode. I think they'll be called up to the main roster around Mania time frame. All of the wrestler's that were formerly with TNA have done and will do pretty well for themselves.

And just how is Styles the same as Daniel Bryan. Styles as an ankle injury which he will recover from, Daniel Bryan has career ending concussion issues. Not the same thing at all.

But I do agree that it wouldn't be at all surprising to see Jeff Jarrett back doing something with TNA. GFW hasn't exactly taken off in the last how many years since it started, and he does know TNA like the back of his hand. Good thing that Dixie has been taken out of the loop, she destroyed that company. And it's not completely alien to hear that Anthem reached out to Jarrett, after dealing with Dixie Carter they must have been at their wits end. All in all it will be interesting to see what happens next in the ongoing TNA saga. I mean shit you just can't make this shit up. The WWE creative dept must be drooling.

Well we agree to disagree to agree especially the last paragraph of what I wrote about JJ! Sure I am rooting for the underdog cause I see TNA being the next huge one. I am not comparing related type of wrestlers injuries I am comparing who will fill the void as WHC seeing that Seth Rollins had shoulder injury he was out and relinquished his title . Finn Balor relinquished his Universal title cause he had shoulder injury and eventually it may occur with AJ styles as well. There is reports elsewhere that cena wants to be 16th time WHC. As for Samoa Joe being nxt champion and Austin Aries, Bobby Roode and Eric Young they are buried in nxt if there are not on RAW or SD! nxt is just something wwe created to carbon copy TNA so they can put TNA out of business!

Well we agree to disagree to agree especially the last paragraph of what I wrote about JJ! Sure I am rooting for the underdog cause I see TNA being the next huge one. I am not comparing related type of wrestlers injuries I am comparing who will fill the void as WHC seeing that Seth Rollins had shoulder injury he was out and relinquished his title . Finn Balor relinquished his Universal title cause he had shoulder injury and eventually it may occur with AJ styles as well. There is reports elsewhere that cena wants to be 16th time WHC. As for Samoa Joe being nxt champion and Austin Aries, Bobby Roode and Eric Young they are buried in nxt if there are not on RAW or SD! nxt is just something wwe created to carbon copy TNA so they can put TNA out of business!
Seth Rollins had no shoulder injury. Don't make up things on your own. He had a knee injury.

AJ Styles doesn't have shoulder injury either. He has a minor ankle injury. If it was anything too serious, He would've relinquished the title already. Like Balor relinquished it after a day itself.

Do you even know what burial means?

So, NxT is a carbon copy of TNA? Right? So, TNA is the original one and NxT is the carbon copy. So, shouldn't TNA be the better since it's the original?

Waiting for the petty insults from your side.

It's already been pointed out that Rollins tore up his knee not the shoulder. Balor has shoulder and neck injuries but will be back, so will Styles, who if you watched SD the other night was walking around on the bad ankle. Not all injuries are the same regarding severity and length of time needed to recover.

Cena has said himself on a number of occasions that he doesn't care about the record, so has Flair. It's up to the WWE whether or not they want it broken, and let's face it he's the only one who's come close and probably no one else will.

NXT was created not to put TNA out of business, they don't need to go to those extremes, Dixie Carter is doing the job for them. NXT was evolved to be a feeder system for the main roster. I doubt very highly that TNA is even on the WWE radar anymore. At one time many years ago they would have been but Dixie Carter has sunk her own ship without any help from Vince and Co.

You need to look no further than her for TNA's misfortunes and stop trying to blame the WWE. You also can't blame the wrestler's that have gone to the WWE when they were having trouble getting paid by TNA. People still have bills to pay and families to take care of, in other words they want to work and get paid for it. How they do in the WWE is up to them, but the door is now open for them when it wasn't before. It's up to them if they want to step through or not.

Lol at TNA is a dead brand. That's ironic being that you're here posting about a "dead brand" in a thread about it's future! People that talk down on TNA must have the saddest lives. I don't know if I should be sad for them or just laugh at them. The lengths some of you go to downplay the brand are extreme! TNA right now has Matt Hardy doing the Broken gimmick, which is one of the hottest gimmicks to come a long time in the industry, but yet it's a "dead brand," somehow producing hot acts. I'm not even going to get started on the "He's happy doing his own thing" portion. :banghead: Just stop it!

Not sure it matters - J E Double FF has never been a good business man. He can revive TNA with a new investor but no doubt Russo will return to produce it and it will bomb.

It's already been pointed out that Rollins tore up his knee not the shoulder. Balor has shoulder and neck injuries but will be back, so will Styles, who if you watched SD the other night was walking around on the bad ankle. Not all injuries are the same regarding severity and length of time needed to recover.

Cena has said himself on a number of occasions that he doesn't care about the record, so has Flair. It's up to the WWE whether or not they want it broken, and let's face it he's the only one who's come close and probably no one else will.

NXT was created not to put TNA out of business, they don't need to go to those extremes, Dixie Carter is doing the job for them. NXT was evolved to be a feeder system for the main roster. I doubt very highly that TNA is even on the WWE radar anymore. At one time many years ago they would have been but Dixie Carter has sunk her own ship without any help from Vince and Co.

You need to look no further than her for TNA's misfortunes and stop trying to blame the WWE. You also can't blame the wrestler's that have gone to the WWE when they were having trouble getting paid by TNA. People still have bills to pay and families to take care of, in other words they want to work and get paid for it. How they do in the WWE is up to them, but the door is now open for them when it wasn't before. It's up to them if they want to step through or not.

At least TNA pays their stars better late than never for what I can say except Paul Heyman never paid his wrestlers in ECW till today and that is why it went under the bridge! Navi stop trying to dish out and blame TNA for everything cause they survived over 10 years and no matter how many of you wwe sheeps want TNA dead it will never happen! I agree Ditzy Carter messed up by releasing 5 TNA stars and granting their release when you know wwe will bury them cause that is what wwe does best for business by burying other wrestlers as it happened to Kaval & Awesome Kong! Now get ready to see Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles to be buried. As I said Cena is probably going to get the title as wwe will hand it over to him or most likely Orton will get the title for 2017 as reports are speculating! Don't get me wrong but wwe screws up a lot and I don't see AJ styles keeping the title in 2017 very long. I think eventually Roode and Eric Young may pull a James Storm and head back to TNA as I think all of them now would be more secure since TNA is under new management and Carter no longer in power. James Storm was the only one who had a rude awakening and did the right choice by leaving nxt cemetary

At least TNA pays their stars better late than never for what I can say except Paul Heyman never paid his wrestlers in ECW till today and that is why it went under the bridge!

Why are you bringing up ECW now? It is a fact that TNA pays their wrestlers and other employees late. Can you really deny that and by saying ECW did it, it's somehow okay. And I guess that's the fault of every other wrestling company as well.

Navi stop trying to dish out and blame TNA for everything cause they survived over 10 years and no matter how many of you wwe sheeps want TNA dead it will never happen! I agree Ditzy Carter messed up by releasing 5 TNA stars and granting their release when you know wwe will bury them cause that is what wwe does best for business by burying other wrestlers as it happened to Kaval & Awesome Kong!

You know what, no one is trying to blame TNA for anything that they haven't done to themselves. I don't want to see them die, I love wrestling and think the more competition the better. People could also say the same to you about blaming the WWE for everything and anything negative that happens to another promotion. It is not always their fault, and sometimes you have to look no further than the people running the promotion in trouble. Do you also think that Vince hasn't released people that went on to do good things. Don't have to look far, Matt and Jeff Hardy are two that spring to mind.

Kaval was released from his contract big deal, he joins a whole host of others who have been also. He didn't get released because he was former TNA where did you get that impression, cause I didn't get that. And as for Awesome Kong, she was pregnant and lost the child. That's probably the WWE's fault as well, right. She didn't return to wrestling right away, she was away from it for a long time.

Now get ready to see Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles to be buried.

All are doing well, and I don't think you know what the meaning of the word buried is.

As I said Cena is probably going to get the title as wwe will hand it over to him or most likely Orton will get the title for 2017 as reports are speculating! Don't get me wrong but wwe screws up a lot and I don't see AJ styles keeping the title in 2017 very long.

Yes titles change hands in every promotion. They don't do that in TNA as well, cause I'm pretty sure I've seen it change hands there? Oh but when the WWE does it, it's somehow underhanded and trying to bury a wrestler who worked for TNA. Okay then.

I think eventually Roode and Eric Young may pull a James Storm and head back to TNA as I think all of them now would be more secure since TNA is under new management and Carter no longer in power. James Storm was the only one who had a rude awakening and did the right choice by leaving nxt cemetary

It will be a long time before TNA is seen as being stable. If they ask for their releases from Vince, then fine so be it, I'm not going to hate them. Somehow though I don't think that will happen.

Not sure it matters - J E Double FF has never been a good business man. He can revive TNA with a new investor but no doubt Russo will return to produce it and it will bomb.

Knowing Jarrett, he'll come back to wrestle and bury most of the roster by making himself the champion again.

I think this would be a good thing. I mean...did you watch Total Nonstop Deletion last night? What was that? The whole Final Deletion, Total Nonstop Deletion, etc. stuff that TNA is producing is bizarre and weird. Personally, I feel like wrestling is at it's best when it is presented as a legitimate athletic competition, good vs. evil, and has logical feuds that center around those two factors. What TNA did last night was made a farce out of wrestling and insulted the intelligence of all of their viewers. They obviously need a creative change and maybe Jarrett can provide that. TNA was at their peak when he was right in the thick of things creatively. He was a disaster as an owner, but I think he can help develop some consistency with TNA's product and book a logical wrestling show. Overall, that's what TNA needs: Consistency. I think Jarrett provides that.

As for GFW, I wonder if Jarrett and TNA could mold that into some kind of developmental territory? That would be a great benefit to TNA to bring in fresh, young talent and groom them before just introducing them on TV.

As for GFW, I wonder if Jarrett and TNA could mold that into some kind of developmental territory? That would be a great benefit to TNA to bring in fresh, young talent and groom them before just introducing them on TV.

Sounds like a good idea.

I'm not too sure what the whole deal is with Anthem & Jarrett or what talent if any is actually under an exclusive contract with GFW, the roster page doesn't look like it's been updated in months.

Cross promotion events, talent exchanges wouldn't hurt either company, both appear to be in poor states at the minute and could do with help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back