Kings of Old School

I’m not into factions on the forum, but let’s ease up on these guys. I think it’s great they want to start posting in old school more. Let’s not discourage them because of their age. Considering they weren’t even alive in the 80s I think their sig choices are perfectly reasonable. Assuming his listed age is correct The Disturbed was born in 1995. Old school to him is much different than old school is to others. There’s no harm being done here so no need to rain on the parade. Besides reading some other posts in old school could educate them on stuff they’ve missed out on. If we shit all over the younger posters who want to visit old school how will they ever learn? Let’s give the young guys a chance and maybe us older ones can teach them a thing or two.

While I understand the criticism, I myself am only a few years older than Disturbed. Although, I've gone back and seen countless old matches and such.

2cn8qw4.png

AladdinKane.png

The name may be different but the poster is the same. ;)

The B-Team, Raw Talent, and Impact Players actually accomplished something.

Not to be a dick, but I would honestly like to know what they accomplished besides making fancy sigs. If someone could enlighten me, I'd back off.

Not to be a dick, but I would honestly like to know what they accomplished besides making fancy sigs. If someone could enlighten me, I'd back off.

We pushed Dave to the WWE Moderator Championship.

OH and, you know, we all had this little thing called "fun". I don't know if you've ever heard of it.

We pushed Dave to the WWE Moderator Championship.

OH and, you know, we all had this little thing called "fun". I don't know if you've ever heard of it.

Ok, so before I bite on this hook, please let me know if you are joking or not so I don't have to feel guilty for pouncing you on here again.

Well, I'm serious when I'm saying that the RAW Talent drove up a lot of discussion in the WWE section, spearheaded by Dave. I'm serious that he pretty much forced Sly to look at him with the staff's recommendations and the fact that he was owning the place. If you'll remember, Sly was reluctant to let him aboard because he thought we were playing friends as opposed to recommending the guy who really was the best for the job. And I'm serious that really the factions were a lot of relaxed fun, and that there's nothing wrong with having fun when posting.

I'm joking when I say that you've never heard of fun.

Well, I'm serious when I'm saying that the RAW Talent drove up a lot of discussion in the WWE section, spearheaded by Dave. I'm serious that he pretty much forced Sly to look at him with the staff's recommendations and the fact that he was owning the place. If you'll remember, Sly was reluctant to let him aboard because he thought we were playing friends as opposed to recommending the guy who really was the best for the job. And I'm serious that really the factions were a lot of relaxed fun, and that there's nothing wrong with having fun when posting.

I'm joking when I say that you've never heard of fun.

Ok cool.

Just for the record, he was constantly being pushed by us to become moderator. Matter of fact, I was a huge advocate of his. The faction didn't help him... it was his posting ability, his helpful nature to newer posters, and his work ethic in other threads. What you saw in the BR was only a fraction of the conversation going on about promoting him. Dave was, is, and always will be the tits.

And trust me, I love having fun. But I just don't see any fun and logic in being in a WZ faction. Truth be told, they annoy some of the staff because of their uselessness.

Irish Canadian Enterprises is a faction.

It began as a way of choosing a person he could mentor and has now become nothing more than a failed "chatting with IC" thread. It has 21 pages of posts and besides his reply to someone shouting out the Packers' Superbowl win, he hadn't posted in the thread since page 17 (1/31).

So basically, it's a failure just like the rest of them. Thanks for proving my point.

The people in it seem to be having fun with it, though. So what's wrong with fun? Useless, sure, but why is it such a big deal? Why let something harmless and fun to the people who are a part of it chafe you so much?

Thinking about making a thread in the Old School section.

It would go against my policy of posting wrestling once every 3-4 months though.

I've decided to do it about the Team Challenge Series that the AWA did in their later years and how I think it would've been a lot better had they not waited to do it until AWA was circling the drain.

THIS CAME ABOUT AFTER ME & KB had a little back and forth about the TCS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back