Kurt Angle Wants Kevin Nash Back in TNA, Do You?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This from: http://www.pw247radio.com/

"I love him to death. I know why he went to WWE. He wanted the carrot. He wanted that carrot they dangled in front of his face. But has the WWE used him the right way since he came back? No. Kevin should come back to TNA where they can use him the way he should be. WWE thinks he’s old and washed up but TNA doesn’t think that. TNA wants Kevin Nash. He is so gifted, talented, and popular. I want him back in TNA because he’s one of my best friends."

--

Frankly, I agree with Angle. While admittedly I know little of how Nash was used in WWE since I don't actually watch their programming, I do know that TNA always found a way for Nash to remain relevant, fun and engaging IMO, and though the youth being pushed is obviously important, I don't see why Nash, even at his age, couldn't still be a positive addition to the TNA locker room.

Nash, above all else, has a great mind for the business and even if he were primarily working in a backstage role, I can't help but mark out every time his music hits and he grabs a mic to let the world know Kevin Nash ain't dead yet.

Call me crazy, but I think a TNA return could be mutually beneficial for both parties involved.

--

Angle certainly wants Nash back, but do you? Why or why not?

If he did return to TNA, in what capacity do you think would be most beneficial for both Kevin and TNA?

No. I don't think it is worth paying him to wrestle anymore. If he was willing to come back in the role he was in before he went back to the ring then maybe I could get over some of my distaste for how he left. Nash does have a good mind for the business, unfortunately most of the time he just uses it for his own selfish pursuits. I find Nash to appear fairly lazy in most regards when he is a performer in recent years. I could probably be talked into a Gandalf the Grey vs EY Moses showdown though.

Remember how when Nash was in TNA he was washed up and too old. Well now he is in WWE and fans suddenly change their mind. Just wanted to point that out.

Im not a big Nash fan, but which ever show he is on, i will be watching because im a fan of both companys.

No, I was fan of Nash's back in the day, but TNA's creative aren't good enough to put to use someone who really can't go in the ring anymore.. and who doesn't put anyone over. Nash keeps coming up with the same excuse about how no one would believe that a smaller "no name guy" could beat him...

Nash really didn't bring anything to the product when he was there and just because Angle wants his friend back, doesn't mean TNA should shell out money to a guy who is there to sit around and get paid.

I'd say no. TNA is starting to move in the right direction with the older guys moving out of the way and helping to push the younger ones. Having Nash there would mean TV time that he's taking up while someone else could be having it. I know TNA is under a new head of creative now, but it's like putting a kid in front of a jar of candy and saying just take one. Nash would eventually get pushed the second a new guy isn't working perfectly which doesn't prove anything about the young guy whose place he's taking. Nash isn't going to be around much longer and they need to stay away from guys his age/status.

I'd take Angle's assessment of Nash's ability inside the ring a bit more seriously if he himself wasn't someone who was known for going out there and competing when doctors have told him not to. I like Angle, don't get me wrong, he just seems to have this macho mentality that gets in the way of good sense sometimes. As he's gotten older, he himself has slowed down quite a bit. After all, whenever he wants time off in TNA, all he has to do is snap his fingers and Dixie nods her head like a good girl. Nash's physical condition is in question in terms of his ability to go inside the ring. A few months back, some sort of still unrevealed condition or injury or something was discovered while Nash was undergoing physicals, which is why his match with CM Punk was cancelled at Night of Champions. Too look at him, he looks like a million bucks right now but the fact that he's still well built doesn't tell the whole story.

As for Nash himself, I've never really been a huge fan of him. He can be a lot of fun on the mic but I've never really been much of a fan of him inside the ring. Nash is someone that still has a name and WWE is making use of that without putting him front & center in every other segment like we saw in TNA. Nash's program with Triple H is high profile but it hasn't been one that's dominated Raw's airtime by any degree. If he wants to wrestle an occassional match, let him. If he wants to work with some of the younger guys backstage and put them over, then by all means let him. If he wants to do some commentary, works for me. Right now in WWE, Nash is more or less just one of the boys. He's not going after any titles, he's not going out there and squashing Ziggler, Morrison, Rhodes, Kofi, Ryder and other young guys on the card.

Why would Nash want to go back to TNA and why would people want him back? If he went back, it's most likely he'd be used in the same way he was before and people constantly pissed and moaned about that. Net fans piss and moan anyhow, but TNA was constantly ragged, and rightly so in my view, of using younger guys to keep the likes of Nash elevated. I don't want to see Nash ripping through guys like Kazarian, Storm, Aries, Sorensen and others like they were wet tissue paper. We've seen it enough in TNA as it is and TNA seems to be FINALLY heading down the road of making homegrown talent and generally younger talent overall the prime focus of the company. Bringing Nash back would probably result in a big step backwards. Maybe not, but why risk it?

It would all depend on the money Nash would be willing to accept. He's certainly smart, however I fear some of the comments I've heard him make about small wrestlers isn't purely jest. But he did play a role in the X-Division once upon a time so maybe if he's willing to work with the current creative group and try to get the wrestlers that are receiving shots over he would be an asset.

I don't think he should come back and I don't think he wants to go back. He can get a good solid last run in WWE and move onto a nice backstage job where he will be paid a good amount. No offense to Angle but I read his interview and the guy seems nuts. He's absolutely lost it. I think TNA has done some brainwashing.

In response to the original question, my short answer is 'no, I don't want Nash back in TNA.'
Here's the long answer: Kevin Nash needs money. That's how he's always worked, that's how he always will work. TNA couldn't give him the money he wanted, and WWE could. I'm also not so sure that WWE thinks Nash is old and washed up. Anyways, even if they did, he's still getting paid more so he probably doesn't care. As soon as Scott Hall caused The Band to break up last year by getting fired, TNA no longer had a use for Nash, as the 'nWo-like' stable he had formed was broken up. So don't fool yourself into thinking that TNA has any interest in Kevin Nash besides forming a heel stable based on nWo principles. Now, WWE is guilty of the same thing, but to claim TNA would use him better is just wrong in my opinion, since creative didn't trhow him anything after Hall left. Nash hasn't been fully implemented into the WWE yet because of his schedule one, and two because he's probably got a part-time contract, which by the way, I think is appropriate for all veterans in WWE and TNA. My final point on the original statement is this: Kevin Nash LOOKED old and washed up on TNA. If you watch video of him from last night on RAW, he looked better than he has in a long time. I think that has to say something about his current working environment and how he's responding to it.

I also agree that Angle just wants him back in TNA just 'cause he wants his friend back. I also have to believe that Angle's run out of people or stories he's interested in working with at the moment, and wants to resurrect a stable.

Bottom line, Nash wouldn't bring anything useful to the current TNA product and Angle and Nash are both where they need to be right now.

I'm just not a big fan...I respect what he's done, but he can't work anymore. Maybe he helps talent behind the scenes, and that probably has more effect in TNA than WWE, but as worker, they just don't need older guys who can't move. Maybe in a manager-type role he'd be ok. I do NOT want to hear him on commentary either. His interviews always sound like he just woke up, he talks slowly and slurs his speech...he can give a decent promo when motivated, but it takes so much to motivate him, it's just not worth it. Plus, he's not exactly loyal...the first movie contract to come his way, he's gone, no matter how it affects the company. I say let him stay with WWE, TNA can use that money and TV time on other workers.

I would not walk across my front yard to see Kevin Nash if it were free. This new angle is a total waste of time and if Vince thinks that Nash will sell one ppv he is more out of touch than most think he is already. Enough with Nash if they want to use guys who have been around awhile (refuse to call Nash a legend) then there are many out there who can still go and for limited runs would do good business but not Kevin Nash. I saw him when he debuted and he stunk then and over the years did not get better with the exception of knowing how to work things to his advantage and get a big check while never doing anything. Go home Nash and count your money and be thankful because you sure never worked for it.

It doesn't really matter where he goes, WWE, TNA, ROH.. whatever, I watch it all, so I'd still see Nash wherever he's at. But what's funny, is that when he was in TNA, everyone wanted him to go away, quit, retire.. but he shows back up in WWE and everyone marks out like crazy, same goes for Mick Foley.. if people would just watch all the companies, they'd still be seeing these people before they do officially retire..

I'm sure after this HHH / Nash feud, Nash will probably disappear and not be seen again, except for special occasions. I love Nash, always been a fan of the guy since the Diesel days.. so as long as he's on my TV, I'm happy.. it'll be a sad day when he finally does retire.

and one more thing, this past Raw was horrible.. the only good parts of the whole show were The Rock and Kevin Nash.. that's right, 2 legends.. I'd pay to see those guys before I ever pay to see The Jiz or Zack Ryder.

I would want to see Nash back only if he was willing to work with and help elevate some of the younger talent. would Nash want that? or is it more likely that if Nash came back he would want a world title run, similar to what Sting got when he came back?
I'm not saying Nash should come back and just lose many times to the younger talent.
imagine the feuds TNA could use Nash in, with guys like.. Crimson, Morgan, Gunner. maybe even a tag team with Nash and someone like Gunner.

So Angle thinks Nash is not being used right in the WWE? Why because he is not WWE or World Heavyweight Champion or taking TV time away from Ziggler,Morrison,Kofi,Mason Ryan,Santino,and others? Nash is fine in the role he has now with WWE,coming back for one final run and helping the current guys right now.

If TNA took him back I gurantee they would run back to him every week and taking TV time away from AJ,Roode,Storm,the X-Divison guys,etc. So Kurt let Nash close out his career in WWE and stop being selfish just because you want a friend back.

A few months back, some sort of still unrevealed condition or injury or something was discovered while Nash was undergoing physicals, which is why his match with CM Punk was cancelled at Night of Champions. Too look at him, he looks like a million bucks right now but the fact that he's still well built doesn't tell the whole story.

No, sorry, you're wrong. He does not have any unrevealed condition or injury. This was a kayfabe storyline used to get him out of the match with CM Punk. The real reason he did not have a match at Night Of Champions is because shortly before the pay-per-view, he was hired for a role in a movie and the film's insurance company refused to cover Nash if he was actively wrestling while he was filming. Now, he's done filming, so he can do his match with HHH.

It doesn't really matter where he goes, WWE, TNA, ROH.. whatever, I watch it all, so I'd still see Nash wherever he's at. But what's funny, is that when he was in TNA, everyone wanted him to go away, quit, retire.. but he shows back up in WWE and everyone marks out like crazy, same goes for Mick Foley.. if people would just watch all the companies, they'd still be seeing these people before they do officially retire..

Thing is, it isn't about just seeing them. It's about seeing them where they belong. Mick Foley made his name in WWE. So did Nash, he got bigger in WCW, but since WWE bought out WCW, WWE remains his original home. WWE is the company that made both of them into stars, so it means more to see them back in a WWE ring, rather than in the ring of a second-rate company with no idea how to book anything.

Frankly, I agree with Angle. While admittedly I know little of how Nash was used in WWE since I don't actually watch their programming, I do know that TNA always found a way for Nash to remain relevant, fun and engaging IMO, and though the youth being pushed is obviously important, I don't see why Nash, even at his age, couldn't still be a positive addition to the TNA locker room.

Are you kidding me?, If you don't watch WWE programming then how can you judge if they are using Nash correctly?, how can Angle judge?, the guy is too concerned being in business for himself than helping any promotion let alone TNA.

Nash, above all else, has a great mind for the business and even if he were primarily working in a backstage role, I can't help but mark out every time his music hits and he grabs a mic to let the world know Kevin Nash ain't dead yet.

Nash let the whole world know that when he returned to the WWE, and he's doing a great job building towards his money match with Triple H, when did Nash have a money match in tna?, when did Nash get used as anything other than backup for guys like Angle?, the fact is Nash is in a better position where he is and TNA is slowly moving in the right direction with Roode, they just need to get him back on track with his championship run and make the belt matter again.

Call me crazy, but I think a TNA return could be mutually beneficial for both parties involved.

Mutually beneficial?, really? the guy would be standing around taking a paycheck that can be used on employing three new young stars, they need to focus on the new generation of the company not bringing old stars back to have meaningless title reigns, let TNA do their thing, and let Nash work wonders in the WWE.

Nash doesn't need TNA in any capacity, and TNA doesn't need Nash, Angle's only badmouthing the WWE because he wants one of his buddies to hang out with, he's not doing it for much else, im tired of seeing these guys take up tv time and not put guys over, at least in the WWE nash can work programs with the companies younger stars and put that brain of his to use elevating the talent, evaluating them and making future stars.

unless he uses the rest of his time that he can stil perform in the ring to push the younger guys hell no. tna has all the big names it needs. now it needs to use those big names to build a future for itself.

I do know that TNA always found a way for Nash to remain relevant
:lol::lmao::lol::lmao:

Relevant? In TNA? No one is relevant in TNA. Take off your TNA mark sunglasses and realize that TNA is a complete joke.

Nash is absolutely being used correctly, I don't care what Kurt "DWI" Angle says. Nash is near the top of the card, but not in the title picture. He is in a big-money feud with Triple H. Where should Nash be, putting over X-Division guys?

Look, Nash is in WWE for the money and the exposure. He is better off there, just like Mick Foley.

But seriously, dude, relevant and TNA do not belong in the same sentence.

God no. Nash might still have some name-value and he's decent on the mic, but physically the man's a wreck if you look at his last few matches in TNA, or the rumors of why his match with Punk got squashed. I mean sure, he could have a managerial role ala Ric Flair, but Nash just isn't needed in TNA at this point, and it's not likely he'll come back and put over anybody who really needs it. :shrug:

I don't think that Kevin Nash should consider going back to TNA, and I don't think that TNA would or should have any interest in him either. Nash has reached the point in his career whereby he should be a role-player, rather than a focal point. The role he currently has in WWE is great for him, and for them for that matter. He is involved in a major storyline, but he is not necessarily a major player in it. While in all likelihood he will end up participating in a match, possibly with Triple H and even CM Punk down the road, he is not actively competing every week, in fact he isn't even appearing on the show every week. At this stage of his career, he is probably being compensated quite well financially, which he has earned, while not being squarely in the spotlight.

If he were to return to TNA, I'm not so sure he would be as well paid, which is irrelevant to the fans, but likely wouldn't sit well with him and ultimately would lead to him being dissatisfied. I'm also not so sure he'd be content to simply being a role player there as well. He's never been too good at being a secondary guy, he's always been accustomed to bein a big fish in a little pond. He's likely going to be happier being a role player in WWE than he would be in TNA.

Personally, I think Kevin Nash is perfect right where he is, for a little while. Then he can step away from the business, knowing that his final days were relevant.

If the idea of bringing him back doesn't involve planting his ass on the commentators booth, then kindly forget it. Sorry, but he's outlived his purpose. I don't know whats the point of his feud with Triple H right now is, but it's also not serving much of a purpose. If none at all. When it came to putting talent over one can go by the list and just ponder how he got by most of them. Jeff Hardy, Chris Sabin, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Eric Young, Abyss. He beat all these guys pretty much during their hottest periods.

Sorry, but he's no real help on-screen other than voicing his opinions over headset. At least Booker had that sense. Nash would seem to rather mutilate his "sensitive" figure instead because the price is higher.

Angle wants Nash back in TNA? Why? So they can restart the Main Event Mafia? There is nothing else Nash could possibly do in TNA that would be remotely relevant. He can barely work matches anymore and his entire TNA run was nothing to write home about. They could always use him as a trainer or announcer but he should not be working matches. Even if he did return that's still better than him remaining in WWE because he will no longer be wasting everyone's time feuding with Triple H.

I like nash a lot and his antics' during the PCS should be enough to convince some people that he does have a place in any promotion but not in the main event scene.

Ehh it's hard to say, on one hand I agree that TNA seemed to treat him like less of an old guy who has done alot in the business and more of a respected wrestler who can still have a relevant role. At the same time though I'm not sure if I want to see him wrestling on a regular basis, I love Kevin Nash and I always will but I think what the WWE is doing with him is great. He's delivering great promos and is battling with Trips in one of the top feuds on Raw, they're using him well and keeping him relevant while still giving the rising young superstars room in the spotlight. I would also like to say that what KB said is spot on, TNA is really beginning to have the older guys put over the younger talent and not only is it good for the young guys but it's a very smart move for the company, you can keep the older legends and keep them relevant but let the future of the organization shine a little and let the younger guys be the center of attention.

The reason WWE think Nash is old and washed up is quite frankly, because HE IS! Look at the guy, he looks old and aged, and he's one big boot away from another torn quad. I don't like to see the guy in a rivalry with Triple H because I would like them to use Nash to put someone young over, but he's not going to be relevant again, especially in the facilities of TNA. Nash is completely past his prime, is only in WWE for a paycheck (which is painfully obvious) and probably doesn't even know what is currently happening in TNA right now. He probably doesn't care, because as long as he's getting his big paycheck and his 10 minutes of TV time, he couldn't care less.

So, instead of Bobby Roode, James Storm, Crimson, Gunner, Bully Ray, Robbie E, Eric Young, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Jeff Hardy, Jeff Jarret, and Kurt Angle, you would mark out to Kevin Nash! Come on man, take the TNA rose colored sunglasses off. I like Nash, I think he's a funny guy and all, but the guy is old and way past his prime. Having to see him in a feud over a friendship is bad enough than to watch him take time away from young guys on TNA who actually need it and are more deserving. He may have a "great mind for the business" but the only this his brain if filled with is his promo scripts and his money he's getting paid, that's it.

Mutually benefit, from what? Nash only wants money, and it's obvious WWE gives him more, so that's probably will he career will end. I don't think he has 5 matches left in him anymore, he probably wrestle Triple H ( I wish he wasn't) but that'll probably be it for him for a while until they find something else to do with him. I would love for them to use Nash as enhancement talent for young WWE stars, but it seems his ego just wants the money and the TV time.

Angle certainly wants Nash back, but do you? Why or why not?

I don't agree with Kurt Angle (I don't think I ever did) and I think TNA should do what their doing now, and build for the next generation, not use stars from the past and different companies.

If he did return to TNA, in what capacity do you think would be most beneficial for both Kevin and TNA?

The only capacity that would be beneficial for TNA is if they use Nash as enhancement talent. Benefit for Nash is, he get's a big paycheck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back