Lei'D Tapa Has Been Released

three count bout

Beauregard Dallas
It has been reported on PWInsider that Lei"D Tapa has been released from Impact Wrestling and that last night was her final appearance for the promotion.

I'm surprised as I figured that she was in line for a bit of a push now that she and Gail were feuding. I thought it was weird that she jobbed out to Gail last night in the first bout of a presumed feud but I chalked it up to her facing one of the premier Knock Outs in the companies history. I personally liked Tapa and felt she had a decent look and some untapped potential. With Angelina back perhaps there was one less spot on the roster.

Thoughts?

She had a great look. A foot taller than pretty much the rest of the knockouts. Looked different. Now knockouts are stuck with the same stale core group of Gail Kim, Angelina Love, Velvet Sky and Madison Rayne. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I know they added Brittany but they need a LOT more.

She had a great look. A foot taller than pretty much the rest of the knockouts. Looked different. Now knockouts are stuck with the same stale core group of Gail Kim, Angelina Love, Velvet Sky and Madison Rayne. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I know they added Brittany but they need a LOT more.

Terryn Terrell will be back I believe; Much like Madison she had a baby (or is still pregnant) and will probably return once things get situated. Also you have the Alpha Female who has looked like absolute shit since her debut.

Let's be honest Tapa was shit. The only thing she had going for her was her size and even then. If she was the same size as the rest of the Knockouts she'd have been shat on even worse than she was.

She had no personality and was terrible in the ring. You can argue that she wasn't given a chance, but she had a few matches with ODB and they were terrible (and ODB is good). I'm still amazed Ivellesz (sp) wasn't chosen over her.

And anyway TNA have Alpha Female who's been more interesting in the three times she's been on TV than Tapa was in her entire tenure. And ODB who is still one of the most charismatic women in wrestling.

I've been calling her Awful Kong for months now. She was fucking horrible. Greener than grass.

She could barely work, didn't sell anything and never should have been brought in to begin with, least of all over Ivelisse. What a monumental blunder that was. I mean, even if Ivelisse wasn't a home run herself, she was far better eye candy, and if Velvet Sky says anything of wrestling ability versus looks, it's obvious in the Knockouts division that the latter can take you quite far, so Ivelisse was the right choice. TNA made the wrong one.

Gut Check fails, yet again. That leaves Sam Shaw as the only "success" to ever come out of it.

as the one above me stated Tapa only had one Up side and it wan't her look or ability, she only won her gut check because of being related to the Barbarian. still feel that the one she wrestled against on her gut check shot( Ivelisse Vélez) should have won. since she was the one to win the match. Tapa hadn't improved since that first match, not really surprised she's gone.

Terryn Terrell will be back I believe; Much like Madison she had a baby (or is still pregnant) and will probably return once things get situated. Also you have the Alpha Female who has looked like absolute shit since her debut.

99% sure she had her daughter in the last 2-3 weeks ago. She was getting a lot better, hopefully she wants to come back.

I thought Lei'd was going to be a star. Confused how with tv taped so far in advance, how do they not write people off effectively. Sting, Hogan, AJ, rumors Daniels and Kaz are done, and now her.

she had a decent look and some untapped potential.

lolno

She was big and that's it. For the same price, TNA could walk into any women's track and field practise and pull away one of the shot-putters or discus girls.

But it's not even that. After they got her, they put her in an evening dress and whatever that curly wig was. It completely defanged her.

Now that alpha female... She's about the same size, but leaner and they dressed her like some street thug. Plus she can actually wrestle.

Like most said, Lei'd Tapa had a good look but she was terrible in the ring.

Hopefully she went to train somewhere for a couple more years, then maybe we will see her back one day with more experience & charisma.

If she learns her craft well enough one day she could be fun to watch what with her size and all, but for now she just wasn't ready.

Good Riddance seems to be the best reaction here.

She couldn't work at all. To call her green would be an insult to green wrestlers. And even her look was only 50/50. Was she huge? Of course. But she was not attractive enough to overcome her lack of in-ring ability even with that size. Her only role that she could have succeeded with was the one she was playing- as muscle; and that can only work for so long.

And for the the people bringing up the presence of Alpha Female... there is no presence of Alpha Female. She's not signed to the company and she was only used as a fill-in body during the UK tour. As far as has been reported there is no plan to have her under contract or continue using her. Which is good- her look is also shit and she is also very limited in the ring.

I've been calling her Awful Kong for months now. She was fucking horrible. Greener than grass.

She could barely work, didn't sell anything and never should have been brought in to begin with, least of all over Ivelisse. What a monumental blunder that was. I mean, even if Ivelisse wasn't a home run herself, she was far better eye candy, and if Velvet Sky says anything of wrestling ability versus looks, it's obvious in the Knockouts division that the latter can take you quite far, so Ivelisse was the right choice. TNA made the wrong one.

Gut Check fails, yet again. That leaves Sam Shaw as the only "success" to ever come out of it.

Again, I agree with everything It's Damn Real says. She was terrible. Every match she had I tweeted, "Why is she given screen time?" She looked like a watered down Awesome Kong, and made Lacey Von Erich look like Kurt Angle when it came to skill set. I am surprised anyone will miss her.

No doubt about it; Tapa was garbage as far as overall talent goes. Last night was the most selling I've ever seen her do since her debut. Seems all she had going for herself was her lineage. Plus, as big as she was, it didn't seem the rest of the KO's were too threatened by Tapa, at least compared to Awesome Kong. I do wish her well, but TNA was not the place for her. Now Ivelisse on the other hand.....

She should go and sharpen her skills and then maybe comeback down the road. The character was good, the in ring performances weren't.

Wasn't impressed when she first showed up, wasn't thrilled when she came back.

She did a good enough job of serving her purpose being Gail's muscle, now that's played out I'm happy to see her gone because I don't think she had much else going for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back