Mae Young Classic Thoughts

What's funny is Rousey was about 17261 times more successful as a fighter, but her failures were equal times more high profile.

I'm still surprised at Baszler going over Candice Lerae. I didn't see that coming at all. I think Abby Laithe was my favorite from the tournament, had only seen a little bit of her before this but she's really good.

How many of these women are signed?

Let me see what k can recall off the top of my head

Ripley
The chick in the psylocke outfit
Sane
The Chinese woman
Laith
Vanessa Born
Bianca Bellaire
The Marine chick

So basically none of the intersting people :lmao:

Let me see what k can recall off the top of my head

Ripley
The chick in the psylocke outfit
Sane
The Chinese woman
Laith
Vanessa Born
Bianca Bellaire
The Marine chick

So basically none of the intersting people :lmao:

I thought I read something about Candice signing? Guess not. Glad Laith is signed though. Hopefully they sign Candice, Shayna, Toni and Mia Yim by the end of the year though.

Still on the second round, but my first thought so far is... Dakota Kai is extremely, extremely likeable.

I could see her being NXT's Bayley 2.0.

Yeah, when I first saw her that's what I thought as well. She screams likeable. I think it helps that Bayley herself is a fan. Not even her first WWE/NXT appearance. She actually lost a squash to Nia back in 2015, but she signed a full time contract late last year so hopefully she is utilized well.

So it came against Abby Laith, who appears solid enough, but Rachel Evers finally has a decent enough match. I wonder if there is hope after all?

I thought I read something about Candice signing? Guess not. Glad Laith is signed though. Hopefully they sign Candice, Shayna, Toni and Mia Yim by the end of the year though.

Dakota Kai was signed as well. That's the one I was forgetting.

Shayna I kind of get since she is 38, but I was shocked that Toni wasn't signed. Easily the second most star ready in the whole thing.

Also unfortunate Gabbert was 35 and not 25.

Storm needs to be signed. Shocked she isn't. You're right, star in the mold already. She could play a face or heel with her current character and the fans would eat it up.

Dakota Kai was signed as well. That's the one I was forgetting.

Shayna I kind of get since she is 38, but I was shocked that Toni wasn't signed. Easily the second most star ready in the whole thing.

Also unfortunate Gabbert was 35 and not 25.

That's a good one to sign I liked Kai.

So if they aren't signing Shayna it seems like a big waste pushing her to the finals just to try and lure Ronda to WWE. But I get the feeling they sign her and end up doing horsewomen vs horsewomen.

Forget about the established stars. It's more interesting to follow the wrestlers who could become a major player in the future.

Bianca Belair is a beast of an athlete. They recently did a series of competitions, such as dead-lifts and vertical leaps, and Bianca was top three in EVERY challenge... and that was IF (a big IF) she did not come first. Between that and her great match against Kairi Sane, she's got some amazing potential for the future.

Rhea Ripley is another with great potential. Rhea has everything someone needs to be a star in the wrestling industry, but she requires polish in all those areas. Give her some time training in the PC, send her out to do some indies like the UK guys do, and spend a couple of years down in NXT... you've got one hell of a wrestler. Side note: she looks like she came straight out of a comic book/manga.

Forget about the established stars. It's more interesting to follow the wrestlers who could become a major player in the future.

Bianca Belair is a beast of an athlete. They recently did a series of competitions, such as dead-lifts and vertical leaps, and Bianca was top three in EVERY challenge... and that was IF (a big IF) she did not come first. Between that and her great match against Kairi Sane, she's got some amazing potential for the future.

Rhea Ripley is another with great potential. Rhea has everything someone needs to be a star in the wrestling industry, but she requires polish in all those areas. Give her some time training in the PC, send her out to do some indies like the UK guys do, and spend a couple of years down in NXT... you've got one hell of a wrestler. Side note: she looks like she came straight out of a comic book/manga.

I agree both have potential. But NXT needs star power in the women's division now and Kairi alone isn't enough. They could use 5-6 of the established names from the tournament joining NXT within the next few months. And then by time a few are ready for the big leagues you have the likes of Ripley and Belair there to fill their slot.

Plus I've been waiting for Candice Lerae to get an NXT contract for years and I would like to be able to watch her wrestle in an easier place than the likes of PWG.

I agree both have potential. But NXT needs star power in the women's division now and Kairi alone isn't enough. They could use 5-6 of the established names from the tournament joining NXT within the next few months. And then by time a few are ready for the big leagues you have the likes of Ripley and Belair there to fill their slot.

Plus I've been waiting for Candice Lerae to get an NXT contract for years and I would like to be able to watch her wrestle in an easier place than the likes of PWG.

Asuka was the biggest problem to the women's division, despite her reign being awesome. Now with her gone, wrestlers like Ember Moon, Nikki Cross, Ruby Riot, and the Iconic Duo have the chance to shine. Add the girls they've signed to the roster like Kairi Sane, and that's already one hell of a list. Any more and the division is flooded with talent. Why not give it to the women who will be stars one day and let them learn?

Also, I am of the opinion that Candice LeRae is an amazing competitor against the men, but a decent competitor against the women. As much as I like Candice, I am not sure how well she will do in WWE where they do not allow men and women to interact with each other.

Asuka was the biggest problem to the women's division, despite her reign being awesome. Now with her gone, wrestlers like Ember Moon, Nikki Cross, Ruby Riot, and the Iconic Duo have the chance to shine. Add the girls they've signed to the roster like Kairi Sane, and that's already one hell of a list. Any more and the division is flooded with talent. Why not give it to the women who will be stars one day and let them learn?

Also, I am of the opinion that Candice LeRae is an amazing competitor against the men, but a decent competitor against the women. As much as I like Candice, I am not sure how well she will do in WWE where they do not allow men and women to interact with each other.

True, but I get the feeling the Iconic Duo will get a call up soon, after all the main roster needs talented women too.

Sure she made her name fighting men, but I think she'd be just fine fighting women full time. She's a talented wrestler, it's not like she's just some below average wrestler who gets praise for taking crazy spots and fighting men.

Welp the reaction to the finals is just about what I expected.

This fucking really couldn't have done the mid-card at Takeover Brooklyn ? Really ?

They won the crowd over, but the final still ended up being a letdown. Lack of chemistry, Baszler is green, it didn't get near enough time.

Still a solid Match, but probably not top 5 of the tournament. All three Sane matches were better.

I kinda liked Trips "we have a budget" line. It's the type of stuff that reminds you that despite being the cool dad of NXT he still made his career being the bad guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back