Megan Fox Joining Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I might be mildly interested in watching it if I have nothing better to do. I may just wait and Redbox it though. I don't mind Megan Fox joining the cast. She brings a level of hotness to the role. lol

Of course she's playing April, who the fuck else would she play? I hope to god this movie bombs hard, however I doubt it, it'll probably make several hundreds of millions of dollars, & the studio will let him make more of turtle abortions.

Well, besides April she could play Shredders daughter (her actual name escapes me). I mean, she does have that evil bitch look to her, not so much of an April O'Neil in my eyes.

So far I have heard: No Shredder yet we have Col. Schraeder? Ok, what the hell. Lets leave him out but make it glaringly obvious that is who the army bad guy is 'supposed' to be.

Also, no Master Splinter? Terrible idea.

Adding some ****ty looking girl to the movie wont change the fact he is destroying the best stuff. Tweaking the story a bit is one thing, but this is just idiotic. I wouldnt be surprised if he changed the Turtles' names or had them wear colored socks instead of the masks at this point.

I understand why fans of TMNT (I was one myself back in the day) are upset about what they've heard about this film, but it doesn't make the response any less ridiculous. It's fucking Ninja Turtles. They aren't repainting the Sistine Chapel here. Plus, what most TMNT fans forget or fail to acknowledge is that the reason the franchise became a success in the first place is because of a horribly bastardized adaptation of the original material. Why is one poor adaptation more acceptable than another? (Hint: it's nostalgia).

I mean, why shouldn't Bay and company do something different? It's like with the new WWE Championship. Things should move forward and be different, especially when being brought into a new generation. Personally, I don't intend on seeing the new TMNT movie, but it's not because of fears that my childhood will be raped. I won't watch it for the same reason I don't watch the new TMNT cartoon- it's kids stuff.

Megan Fox will be a fine April O'Neil. Judith Hoag and Paige Turco were no better actresses than Fox, and Megan is more attractive than either of them, IMO. Regardless, the bottom line is the outrage over this movie really needs to be muted. I could accept it if the franchise hadn't undergone re-imaginings before and the cannon was crucial to the series or if the franchise was intended for adults, but neither of those is the case.

Man no one gives a a FUCK about goddamn APRIL, they are going to be fucking aliens!! No Splinter and Shredder!!

NO mOTHERFUCKING SPLINTER AND SHREDDER

Hey, lets re-do batman, but make him a werewolf dolphin, with no joker. Yea, totally fuckin cool. and Megan Fox!

Because the quote unquote 'core audience' is going to see this fecal waterslide come what may because smart people traditionally make the most idiotic consumers. In contrast the 'moronic fratboy' audience is still waiting to be claimed.

Man no one gives a a FUCK about goddamn APRIL, they are going to be fucking aliens!! No Splinter and Shredder!!

Hey, lets re-do batman, but make him a werewolf dolphin, with no joker. Yea, totally fuckin cool. and Megan Fox!

....and there you have it. NorCal wins.

I dont get the way people try to compare this atrocity to what was done in the original transition from comics to the show. Only thing that was really different was they toned down the violence & added some more comedy. They kept the core of the story\characters & built on that. It worked & was far more popular than they ever hoped.

This new crap is taking everything except the fact they are turtles with weapons and throwing it out the window.

NO MUTATION, NO SHREDDER, NO FOOT-CLAN, NO SPLINTER.

Thats like re-doing Star Wars- saying Master Yoda, Vader & the Stormtroopers dont exist. & replacing them with characters that are completely different yet have similar sounding names like Marth Bader or some shit. Can you imagine that? Because that is what Bay is doing here.

The TMNT franchise is neither sacred nor fragile enough to where it can't be re-imagined. Don't like what Bay is doing? Don't watch it. It should not "infuriate" anyone. I'm sorry, but that's just not a reasonable response to a movie that hasn't even been made yet.

And if the Turtles had been adapted faithfully in the first place, Shredder would've been long dead anyway. There are already numerous takes on the Turtles. One more won't hurt.

I dont get the way people try to compare this atrocity to what was done in the original transition from comics to the show. Only thing that was really different was they toned down the violence & added some more comedy. They kept the core of the story\characters & built on that. It worked & was far more popular than they ever hoped.

This new crap is taking everything except the fact they are turtles with weapons and throwing it out the window.

NO MUTATION, NO SHREDDER, NO FOOT-CLAN, NO SPLINTER.

Thats like re-doing Star Wars- saying Master Yoda, Vader & the Stormtroopers dont exist. & replacing them with characters that are completely different yet have similar sounding names like Marth Bader or some shit. Can you imagine that? Because that is what Bay is doing here.

The movie hasn't even been made yet. You're going off of a leaked script that has likely been re-written a dozen times since it leaked.

And really, so what if it's different? So what if someone did a different take on Batman or Star Wars? I can't grasp the mindset that considers comic books and movies so sacred. If classic literature like Dracula or Frankenstein can undergo numerous different versions and re-dos, so can Batman and Ninja Turtles.

The TMNT franchise is neither sacred nor fragile enough to where it can't be re-imagined. Don't like what Bay is doing? Don't watch it. It should not "infuriate" anyone. I'm sorry, but that's just not a reasonable response to a movie that hasn't even been made yet.

And if the Turtles had been adapted faithfully in the first place, Shredder would've been long dead anyway. There are already numerous takes on the Turtles. One more won't hurt.

Here's the fucking problem, the core fan base wants a good TMNT movie, & as long as Bay has the film rights to the franchise we're not gonna get that we're gonna get crap we don't want. If the movie does well, Bay will just keep making more, if the movie flops the studio is likely going to be a bit gunshy at trying to reboot the franchise again so quickly, the whole situation is a lose/lose situation for TMNT's core fanbase.

Oh and how do we know it'll suck, well just look at Micheal Bays track record, that alone gives me all the evidence I need to know it'll likely be a big flaming pile of shit.

I hypothesise that it is borderline impossible to make a good turtles movie without alienating the "core fanbase". The only way subject material that idiotic could be adapted would be high, high camp, which tends to annoy the obsessive element almost as much at continuity modification.

I hypothesise that it is borderline impossible to make a good turtles movie without alienating the "core fanbase". The only way subject material that idiotic could be adapted would be high, high camp, which tends to annoy the obsessive element almost as much at continuity modification.

Disagree. Not that difficult to follow a simple pattern & just boost up the cinematic style & art concepts. Story & characters are basic enough to follow without having to do a complete origins movie or re-imagine them by changing the basic elements like Bay is doing. Use the artwork of Dave Rapoza & add some CGI action scenes. Throw in some classic turtle style jokes. You have a complete movie fans will love.

tumblr_llghuj2Sz31qzkrfxo1_500.jpg

tortugasninja-520x670.jpg

I always thought that Guillermo Del Toro would have been the logical choice to take over the TMNT franchise, just have him appraoch in a similar way to how he handled Hellboy, & you would've had a tremendously fun & entertaining movie everybody could love. Del Toro could probably do it for far cheaper too.

The other two Aprils from the live action films fucking sucked, big time. I'd take Megan Fox over them any day of the week. I would have preferred Anna Kendrick myself for the role, but regardless, April is not all that important and Fox isn't the talentless cunt "cool kids" on the internet like to make her out to be as. Plus, I believe she is a real fan of the series, which is probably why she got it over the others. She'll be fine if the script is good, I'm sure.

And Michael Bay's directorial efforts are atrocious (with the exception of the first Transformers movie, which I thought was awesome), but for the most part, his horror remake productions haven't been all that bad.

My point is, it's still too soon to judge. The script everyone is referring to about Shredder and Splitter not being apart of the film has most likely been scrapped. We really have no idea what the film is in store for at this point.

The other two Aprils from the live action films fucking sucked, big time. I'd take Megan Fox over them any day of the week. I would have preferred Anna Kendrick myself for the role, but regardless, April is not all that important and Fox isn't the talentless cunt "cool kids" on the internet like to make her out to be as. Plus, I believe she is a real fan of the series, which is probably why she got it over the others. She'll be fine if the script is good, I'm sure.

Kendrick would be a good choice for the role, though I always thought Amy Adams would make a fantastic choice for April as well.

Of course she's playing April, who the fuck else would she play? I hope to god this movie bombs hard, however I doubt it, it'll probably make several hundreds of millions of dollars, & the studio will let him make more of turtle abortions.
Relax buddy, no need to yell. And being female in a ninja turtles movie doesn't automatically mean that female is April. In all fairness, he never said who she would be playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back