**Merged** All Things Undertaker/Sting - KEEP IT IN HERE!

Can undertaker vs. Sting be a 5-star match

• No, they are too old

• Of course They can still put on a 5 star match

• No, but it will still be a good match.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well if you look at The Rocks vs Hogans build up, it started after No Way Out and they only had roughly about the same time to build it up and promote it and they did just fine, and the Rock vs Austin at Wrestlemaina 19 had the same time and that was epic, Batista vs cena at WM 26 started at No way out and that did well(build up that is) and Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle at Wrestlemaina 20 didnt start building it up till after No Way Out and finally if you look at Wrestlemaina 24 the 2 main events on the card only started building them up after No Way Out or at No Way Out mayweather/Big Show and HBK/Flair so it is possible to build this dream match up in 6-8 weeks because if you streach it out till next year fans are going to be so pissed off that sting isnt facing the deadman when were so close to WM

Well the first case and point would be that with a 1 year contract Sting would not be at next years Wrestlemania, so that wouldn't work. I'm almost sure that Hogan vs Austin was a dream match before Untertaker vs Sting. Anyways, as most people have said they would both be nearing the ends of thier time in the wrestling business, so by next year they might not be healthy for it or not be able to put on the dream match that everyone wants.

If they had it this year, we'll have them able to bring the best game they have on the table that they'll ever be able to bring because believe it or not the older you get the worse you get in the ring. And Sting vs Cena or Orton or Nexus has the potential to be just as good as Taker vs Sting in being compelling to the fans.

Oh, and by the way, the MSG crowd turned on Lesner vs Goldberg because everyone knew it was they're last match and they were leaving to do other things, and that they really didn't care about putting on a good match. That is why they got booed.

The contract is only a rumor at this point, but even a 1 year contract might not be to wrestle for a year. Could be a big farewell Mania match, and the rights to sell Sting t-shirts and action figures for the rest of the contract. That would help make the payday bigger for Sting, and would allow WWE to generate some money from the investment.

Be real here... If Sting signs with WWE, it's to put on a match with Taker.

Undertaker's opponent is already set for WM27. Besides you need a longer build up to have Sting fight Taker at WM. Sting is debuting Febuary 21st which is about 6-8 weeks out from WM. 6-8 weeks is not a long enough build up for Sting to fight Taker at WM. I say let Sting win the WWE Title against HHH at Summerslam then Sting holds onto the belt until WM28 then drops the belt at WM28 to Undertaker. That is a perfect way to end Sting's WWE run since he only signed for a 1 year contract. Plus put Sting in the HOF the night before WM28 as well.

Hey everyone, Vince McMahon is on these boards! Thank you for confirming Barrett vs. Undertaker! The reports indicated that Barrett was the front runner to face Taker, however, McMahon wanted writers to come up with several different scenarios for his match at Mania. You think Sting will win the title from Triple H at SummerSlam? Now that right there is dreaming. WWE is having a youth movement...THE MIZ is the champion, so do honestly think they're going to have a fifty some year guy face a forty year old guy and have the fifty year old hold the title all the way from SummerSlam to WM? No. You do NOT need more than 6-8 weeks to build Undertaker vs. Sting, hell, you probably only would need to weeks to sell that match. Any program with a current WWE superstar is the build that will be a stretch in order to have a meaningful match, including a program with Barrett or Kane, even with the established history. If you have Barrett vs. Undertaker and no other big match (none of the announced matches so far are WM sellers), then WrestleMania really will have a card that could be interchangeable with say Over the Limit.

Well at this point I have little to no interest in barrett vs taker, i mean taker just put out 2 amazing matches with hbk, so to go from that to this is a huge downgrade considering this could be one of his last wm shows. Right now WWE is desperate for big names and if i worked for them i would say screw whatever is on the table, this a money match people have dreaming about. Yes, I want the proper build up but with two ageing superstars who could be one injury away from it all ending, you cant afford to waste time and pass up oppurtunities like this. I garuntee vince will be more than pleased with the buyrate wrestlemania would get with a match like this, than the current doomed to fail, no big names card that will more than likely be one of the worst draws in WM history.

first the msg crowd didnt turn on Lesnar vs Goldberg before the event the fans knew that Lesnar and Goldberg were both leaving and then when lesnar and goldberg for about 10 mins did absolutly nothing thats when they got on them as they should have, now as far as Sting waiting to fight Taker...if you do that you are risking that eithier one will be around next year i mean Taker was already iffy to be at mania this year, they have an opportunity at a dream match and they should take it it might be the only chance the 2nd option is Barrett vs Taker and who would rather see that instead of Sting Taker...nothing against Barrett hes great but were talking Sting vs The Undertaker here people... 2 21 11 wwe debuts sting and preps for The face of Wcw vs the Face of the wwe a dream match the likes of which only come very rarely

btw the guy who thinks Sting will win the title at summerslam and hold onto it until next wrestlemania doesnt have a clue

Ok, if we are going with the theory that the promo is for Sting (Im not so sure it is) then I agree the sooner they face each other the better for WWE in terms of buy rates etc etc but in terms of development maybe making us all wait for a year makes a little sense. I dont want to see the title involved with any of it, keep that with the youth movement who are really beginning to gather momentum. But how about if we see Sting feud with Kane first before moving on to Taker, first he takes out one brother then heads for the other. Granted that couldnt last a full year, but stick in a couple of showdowns with HHH, Cena and Edge along the way and you have a compelling 12 month programme.

First of all, all these people saying Sting signed a 1 year deal that means he won't be at Wrestlemania, are you kidding me? Have you seen his contract? I GUARANTEE that if Sting indeed signed with WWE, his contract DOES NOT EXPIRE in January or February of next year. If it's going to last that long, it's going to last thru Wrestlemania 28. Guaranteed.

Now, the OP is 100% right. Sting vs. Undertaker this year is a complete waste. Have Sting go against Kane or something this year. Let Sting vs. Undertaker build for a year. Everybody saying this match sells itself needs to realize that's not the case. Yeah, it's the IWC's dream match, and the IWC would pay to see it tomorrow if it was announced today. But it's been a LONG time since Sting was relevant. (no, being in TNA doesn't count) Remember, it's the PG era. That means a lot of kids are watching, and those kids have no idea who Sting is. Let them get to know him for a year, and make them want to see him face Taker too. You'll be better off for it.

First of all, all these people saying Sting signed a 1 year deal that means he won't be at Wrestlemania, are you kidding me? Have you seen his contract? I GUARANTEE that if Sting indeed signed with WWE, his contract DOES NOT EXPIRE in January or February of next year. If it's going to last that long, it's going to last thru Wrestlemania 28. Guaranteed.

Now, the OP is 100% right. Sting vs. Undertaker this year is a complete waste. Have Sting go against Kane or something this year. Let Sting vs. Undertaker build for a year. Everybody saying this match sells itself needs to realize that's not the case. Yeah, it's the IWC's dream match, and the IWC would pay to see it tomorrow if it was announced today. But it's been a LONG time since Sting was relevant. (no, being in TNA doesn't count) Remember, it's the PG era. That means a lot of kids are watching, and those kids have no idea who Sting is. Let them get to know him for a year, and make them want to see him face Taker too. You'll be better off for it.

These 'kids' apperantly knew who Diesel was. Diesel hasnt been relevant in 14 years yet he go the biggest reaction of the night. He was the only star that people chanted for that entire match. Yet Sting who has been on tv pretty much since the demise of wcw dosent exist because he wrestled on a so called 2nd rate promotion ? I have no problem with pushing new stars, but you better push them properly. Forcing stars down peoples throats when they are not ready for the big time is not a winning strategy. Dont know if you seen tlc buyrates came out today, not pretty. Just because the pg era love nexus or miz dosent mean the rest of us do. Vince is ignoring a fan base he knows exist, the same people who watched nitro, who gave raw 5's and 6's in the ratings. Sting is not the no name here, barrett is the one who dont draw, its not his fault, he just isnt big enough yet. If you want wrestlemania to be as bad as it is going to be, then fine have it your way, and then take your chances having this money match next year, when one of these ageing guys might not be able to compete.

We all know the chances of Sting vs Taker at this Mania are iffy at best. I would crap myself to see this as I am 27 myself this year and grew up on wrestling.
Someone posted that Vince wants this to be the biggest income at a mania event, but doesnt he want that every year? If people knew that Sting was going to face taker at next years Mania he could jack up prices because he would know that more people would come to it. Most people have already bought their tickets to Mania if they are going. If Sting shows up not facing Taker this year, then everyone is going to expect it next year and pay for that match for sure.
We might as well finish out the storylines set up with Barrett and move on. He is good enough, but I am going to Mania because it will be my first one since I live in TN and Atlanta is the closest the big PPVs ever come to me.
Vince should stick with the youth movement, but who better to elevate some heels than Sting who is known everywhere a true wrestling fan resides. Everyone will want to be the one who knocked out the legend Sting. There are so mnay potential matches leading up to an Undertaker/Sting fued. The people in charge should just be careful with their two guys, because you dot want to lose that money.
On a side note, who says a fued cant be set up in 8 weeks? 2 months is plenty of time with a good creative person behind it. Sting has the same passion in his matches and speaking that HBK had so I think the build up could be just as well don if given the chance.

The first time I saw the rumors about Sting to WWE to face Undertaker I got chills, I still can't believe this match would be possible and I think it's better this way, just let the fantasy to fill the holes

I hope that Sting vs Taker won't happen, or else another myth from the cicle "what if" is over.

I think if there is an Undertaker vs. Sting match at Wrestlemania, it should be Undertaker's last match ever. He has fought everyone, beaten everyone (well except John Cena) and so what better way to go out than to face the legendary Sting at Wrestlemania? Taker tombstones him, does his signature pin, then his kneeling pose, lights go off, gong, then a "lighting bolt" or something and when the lights come on, Sting is lying on the mat but Undertaker has disappeared... for good....

That's how they should do it.

If this thread has been done before, then I apologize and you can do with it what you will....

This has been a question that I have been thinking about ever since I saw the "2-21-11" Promo on RAW. I know their still is a big chance it isn't even sting at all, but let's just talk hypothetically here.

Let's just say Sting does make his WWE debut on RAW in three weeks, and then challenges the Undertaker to a match at Wrestlemania. Now, 10 years ago in my opinion this match could of potentially been spectacular. But now that it's 10 years later, and they are both 10 years older, do you still think they can pull it off? we know the crowd would be going ape-shit, but at their age can they still put on a 5-star match? or would it even matter considering the crowd reaction?

I still think both men can go considerably in the ring, but part of me feel's both men would REALLY have to step-up their game to live up to the expectations.

Your thoughts?

Oh and here's a fan-made Undertaker vs Sting promo I found on Youtube, kinda makes you excited for the possibilities if you ask me.....

[YT]RcjznHJwZjA[/YT]

Don't get me wrong, I really hope that vignette is teasing the debut of Sting in the WWE on 2/21/11. I remain skeptical but it would truly be awesome if it is him.

Having said this, I really don't think the match could possibly live up to the hype. This match has been discussed for over a decade, and unfortunately would be happening a decade too late. Look at the hype generated by that one 30 second video. This will continue for three weeks until the identity of the mystery figurine is confirmed to be Sting, if this is truly the case. Then it will continue for another 5 or 6 weeks until Wrestlemania. By then, this match will have been analyzed, dissected, and picked apart by the IWC, much like Bound For Glory was back in TNA last October due to it being over hyped for too long. It will be difficult for this match to live up to such enormous hype, even if both guys turn then clock back a decade or so to deliver at their highest possible level.

I'm also not sure if the Undertaker is the right opponent for Sting. Different wrestling styles, no personal history, few similarities except for the fact that they both portray dark characters. I definitely don't want Sting (or anyone else for that matter) to end " the streak." Personally, I would like to see Sting wrestle someone else,, build a history with Taker over the course of the year, and face the Undertaker next year at Wrestlemania 28.

It doesn't have too but that promo was great no matter what happens. There is no personal history between barrett and undertaker anyhows they take him out and some bigure picture stuff. Suppose the bigger picture was sting all along. They kept their storylines wide open

There is no way they will give up on the chance of Cena vs Taker. If Sting and Taker was this year, then Cena should be number 20 and be the end. Cena vs Taker is the biggest fued they could have from a buying standpoint. Adults wanna see Taker dominate and kids will want SuperCena to win. I think when Taker comes back he should go as a heel and make his last year a reign of terror. He hasnt been heel since he wanted respect as the American BA

This match would definitely make this WrestleMania one for the ages.
I've read many posts that this match would eitether
A. Not live up to its hype.
B. That there's no history between these too.
C. That they're too old.

A. To all those who believe that I laugh.
These too are among the greatest superstars to ever step in a ring.
A clash of two mysterious icons, Sting one of if not WCW'S most memorable star alongside Goldberg.
Undertaker WWE's most dominating force, the fan favorite among Old and New School.
This match has more than enough just by the names on a card to live up to its potential.

B. If you think about it its almost to easy to create a history between these two. Not just because of their dark gimmicks but for what they represent, Sting could very well say he only came to kill the streak of his WWE counter part, Fight for who is the more in the Dark character, make this a buried alive, Hell in a cell or casket match just think of all the different scenarios.

C. Too old, Ahh no no no.!! They have experience they can both still go and i'm more than sure that both Take and Sting would Bring the best of there game.

I will go on and say this, I honestly see this match being both Taker's and Stings FINAL match. After Taker vs Sting what other opponent would even be worthy to go against Taker's streak. I believe putting this match on hold until next year would be better. I can also see a feud including Kane since he is also a dark character.

This match would definitely make this WrestleMania one for the ages.
I've read many posts that this match would eitether
A. Not live up to its hype.
B. That there's no history between these too.
C. That they're too old.

A. To all those who believe that I laugh.
These too are among the greatest superstars to ever step in a ring.
A clash of two mysterious icons, Sting one of if not WCW'S most memorable star alongside Goldberg.
Undertaker WWE's most dominating force, the fan favorite among Old and New School.
This match has more than enough just by the names on a card to live up to its potential.

B. If you think about it its almost to easy to create a history between these two. Not just because of their dark gimmicks but for what they represent, Sting could very well say he only came to kill the streak of his WWE counter part, Fight for who is the more in the Dark character, make this a buried alive, Hell in a cell or casket match just think of all the different scenarios.

C. Too old, Ahh no no no.!! They have experience they can both still go and i'm more than sure that both Take and Sting would Bring the best of there game.

I will go on and say this, I honestly see this match being both Taker's and Stings FINAL match. After Taker vs Sting what other opponent would even be worthy to go against Taker's streak. I believe putting this match on hold until next year would be better. I can also see a feud including Kane since he is also a dark character.

I agree with you, mate.

The match doesn't need to be a wrestling clinic, it only needs to utilize the in-ring psychology the two performers got.

Hogan was 50 when he faced Rock at WM 18 and 51 when he faced Vince at WM 19 but both match became legendary match.

Flair was 52 when he fought Taker at WM 18 but the match still ended up as a classic.

Taker & HBK were 44 & 43 and 45 & 44 when they battled at WM 25 & 26 respectively, but I think u knew how both match ended up being.

If Sting has a feud with Taker, it would be a Icon vs Icon with tension. Kind of like HBK vs Taker. Sting would probably lose, but lose as a fighting hero in a match where both were exhausted and pushed to their limits. This would save Sting's reputation as one of the biggest Faces in Wrestling history. It probably would be the biggest WM Undertaker match where the most people would actually want Undertaker to lose more than any other previous match he's had. It would be bigger than Taker vs Cena with the split fans. It would literally create the mental break down of the fans mind loving both character equally that you would have literally no idea who to pull for, but you'd be pretty much emotionally stunned the entire match.

It's not like Taker & Sting are lesser talents than Rock, Hogan, Vince, Flair, and Michaels, right?

And to those who say 6 weeks wouldn't be enough to build Taker vs Sting....wow, both Rock/Hogan (WM 18) & Taker/HBK (WM 25) was built in a month, look how both match turned out to be.

And WWE has ignored feuds before, I don't see why they wouldn't ignore Taker/Kane/Barrett to do Taker/Sting. Between those two feuds, we knew which 1 is the bigger draw and more legendary match-up anyway.

If Sting were to ever fight Taker at WM yes the match should be the final match on the card because this is a match made in history. Alot of fans have been dreaming about this match forever. But Sting is not fighting Taker this year because Sting is debuting in WWE 6 weeks before WM27 and there should be a longer build up then that for Sting vs Taker. So save Sting vs Taker for WM28 so Sting can get some WWE history under his belt finally.

Everyone has dream matches. Whether the stars are from WWE,TNA,WCW or even the AWA. The only problem is the only one who could pick the winners if they happened would be the WWE(cause lets face it no one would watch it on TNA.) So i created this new "segment" i will do every day where i make dream matches and YOU the WZ community will get to pick who wins and why. So heres the first match of CDM(chuck's dream matches).......................

Sting vs The undertaker

Accomplishments:

Sting
six time WCW champ
2 time NWA world heavy weight champ
2 time WCW international world heavyweight champ
2 time TNA world heavy weight champ
3 time WCW world tag team champ
2 time WCW united states heavyweight champ
1 time TNA tag champ
1tme WWA world heavy weight champ
won PWI most popular superstar 4 times
won battle bowl battle royal in 1991
won 2000 european cup
won 1989 iron man tournmanet
won Jim Crockett SR. memorial cup in 1988 with lex luger
won king of the cable tournamnet 1992
PWI match of the year 1991
PWI most improved wrestler in 1988
PWI msot inspirational wrestler of the year in 1990
PWI wrestler of the year in 1990
PWI comeback of the year in 2006
PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 single wrestlers in 1992
PWI ranked him #15 in of the top 500 singles wrestlers PWI years in 2003
PWI ranked him #52 of the top 100 tag teams of the PWI years w/ lex luger in 2003
TNA match of the year in 2006

undertaker
undefeated at wrestlemania
3 time world heavy weight champ
4 time WWE/F champion
1 time USWA unified world heavy weight champion
1 time WWF hardcore champ
6 time WWF tag team champ
1 time WCW world tag team champ
2007 royal rumble winner(1st man to win at number 30)
only wrestler left in the WWE who was in the 1st episode of RAW
won pwi match of the year 3 times: 1998, 2009, and 2010
won PWI feud of the year in 1991
PWI ranked him #2 in the top 500 singles wrestlers in 2002
PWI ranked him #21 in the 500 singles wrestlers of the PWI Years 2003
has won multiple WWE/F slammy awards

i picked this won because it seems this match is being very hoped for at WM27 this year. For the winner i pick sting he just seems lke a better technical wrestler better on the mic and better gimmick. maybe not as much expierence on the big stage but he can handle it.

p.s. if someone did this before sorry i did not see it in the forums and also tomorow i will have pics of the stars sorry today my computer was acting up:worship:

well sting is a better technical wrestler but no way is his gimmick better than undertaker, taker had the dark gimmick and might i add came in as a heel but the fans end up cheering him, undertaker had multiple gimmicks and all was successful but other from that, i would pick undertaker nobody and i mean nobody deserve to beat his streak its the hottest thing going around in wwe and hes reach to far for someone to break it,taker wanted ppl to break it in the past but out of respect they told him no and im sure stong would say the same to taker, but it will def be a memorable match

Well the Undertaker would win for a couple of big reasons. It's the WWE, it's Wrestlemania, and he's undefeated. WWE bringing in WCW's legend to defeat their legend a year before they both leave the biz for good doesn't make much sense to me. Yeah Sting is good, but Taker is great. And the fact that his best work has been over the last 10 years is a real testament to his talent. If you wanna say Sting was a better technical wrestler in 1990 then the Undertaker, then fine. But I can't remember the last time Sting had a high level match that delivered. Sure he's good on the mic, but so is Taker. Those aren't enough reasons to beat him.

I think Sting is a great opponent for Taker at Mania, because it's at the point where people assume he will keep the streak forever. So the best thing to do is put him up against believable opponents. No more Mark Henry's, or A-Trains, or Big Boss Men. The last 2 years with HBK was great. And hopefully the next two years we'll see Sting and Cena.

Any other PPV I'd put Sting over 'Taker in a heartbeat. Not Wrestlemania though. I would pick 'Taker over ANYONE ANYTIME at the biggest show of the year. Contrary to popular belief, 'Taker IS Mr. Wrestlemania (Shawn Michael's win-loss record was 6-9-2... not even .500). Sure Shawn may have been a big performer on the grandest stage of them all, but he was sub par actually having anything to show for it. There's a reason why the most hallowed sports teams are ones with multiple major championship wins... Wins are what matters and 'Taker has them.

Vince would NEVER let a WCW/TNA guy come in and knock off his draw at Wrestlemania. There are no rumors of 'Taker's retirement this year, so you can safely assume he'll be around for another. 'The Streak' as it has come to be known IS the selling point of Wrestlemania. No matter who you put in that ring, 'Taker WILL win this year. I'd bet my first born child on it.

Never saw this promo when it was originally aired in 1997. I was kind of taken back at it's similarities to the 2-21-11 vignettes. Vince owns WCW and everything related to it. It's far enough back in history to be forgotten now. Is this another indicator?

I know, people are saying Sting hasn't been in talks w/the company. But if you had this big of an historic, earth shattering event on your hands, would you want people to ruin it? Would you admit it? Would you allow the surprise to be spoiled?

Everybody is coming out of the woodwork to say there has been no talks, say that they believe it's only rumors, etc. etc. Two people have been suspiciously silent through this whole thing, though. Mr. McMahon and Mr. Borden. (And also Mr. Calloway, if you want to get technical.)

Still think the possibility's there, especially after seeing this.
[YOUTUBE]Khw3_7wXBlA[/YOUTUBE]

So are the Sting rumors pretty much dead now? That's a shame because it would have been the perfect Wrestlemania to make his debut...even if it was a one time thing.

I guess there's still a small chance...but if he doesn't show up tomorrow night the idea of a Sting/WWE deal can be buried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back