All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

god-soldier

Pre-Show Stalwart
MODERATOR'S COMMENTS:

Since there have been about 3-million threads created for this subject, this is the [OFFICIAL] and *MERGED* thread for discussion of the Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak. For every aspect of this discussion (i.e. possible future opponents, streak length, Undertaker's past victories, streak importance, etc.) please post in THIS THREAD. DO NOT CREATE ANY MORE THREADS ON THIS SUBJECT. If another thread is created on this subject, its creator will be warned/infracted for posting duplicate topics.

Thank you​

Since one match has been determined for WMXVIII who will try to the end in the streak in what may be Undertaker's final match.
I don't think it will be HHH I think Undertaker may face someone out of the wood work like Wade Barrett or Sheamus or someone else maybe a legend or someone from another promotion.
Who do you think it will be

Id say HHH part 2 but i dont know what they can do different.

It'd technically be Part 3.

And idk who I'd like to see him beat. I personally think he should just retire. But if I have to pick, there's only one logical choice now. Kane.

Before last year, Kane was the guy he had beat the most. He was also the closest to beating him before HBK. Both are at that stage in their career where they can still put on a great match and retire with dignity.

There's a ton of options and frankly, it's way to early to tell. Sting usually only signs year to year contracts, so there's a chance he could be free. But there's that whole "He's an idiot" thing so I wouldn't bank on that.

You could see one of the teetering guys in the upper mid card make the full fledged jump to the main event and be looked at as a credible opponent. Someone like Sheamus or Wade Barrett.

Hell, there's a fucking insanely rare chance we could see Stone Cold come back to try his hand at doing what no one else can. Sure, unlikely doesn't even begin to describe this possibility, but it's a thought.

Honestly, I think it's going to be HHH again and I got to say, even though the match this year was very enjoyable, I would hate to see them try to duplicate it. There is no way these 2 could out do or even match this recent encounter.

Right now, it's all up in the air.

after tonight's raw, i think that triple hhh and stone cold may team up against the undertaker either in a handicap match, or in a 2 on 2 match. triple hhh for sure cause he said he would be waiting when undertaer returns, and stone cold's comment to triple hhh in that lil backscene segment, leaves some copnspiracy open there, so who knows what will happen, at least if it was a handicao match with triple hhh and stone cold, stone cold would be a new victum.

Normally, I would say this is far too early to start talking about. However, the WWE had no problem creating next years main event a year ahead of time, so I guess it's no big deal anymore.

HHH? Doubtful. It's hard to imagine those two having their third Mania match, even though the WWE is pretty solid on completely ignoring the first. Completely duplicating what happened between Taker and HBK seems unlikely, but you never know.

HBK? No.

Sheamus? Wade Barrett? Alberto Del Rio? I group them together because I think they have an equal shot. Not one of them is anywhere near a big deal, not even close..but, it's not unimaginable.

Jericho? If he comes back, and goes on some kind of heel-style rampage, it's possible.

Honestly, I think the #1 candidate, at this moment, is The Miz. For some reason, the WWE is really high on this guy, and I could easily see him making a big deal out of breaking Takers streak. This would leave the title picture open to another heel, and we know Cena won't be anywhere near the title match. The build would be great, but I think the match would stink, just like most other matches Miz is involved with. I think he's the most likely, as it stands..a year from the actual event.

Well, we can go ahead and rule out The Rock or John Cena. The mark in me wants to see Austin vs. Miz at WM 28 after their segment tonight, but I won't hold my breath for that one. But just for fun, let's say that match happens too, so SCSA and Miz aren't options to face Taker either.

The most intriguing option would be Chris Jericho. They have never really worked a real long program together, and facing off at Mania next year would be huge. Jericho could cut some kind of promo similar to what HHH did this year and say he's done everything in the business (which is true) except break the streak. The only problem is that I'm not sure anyone would actually believe he could do it. He doesn't really have a high-impact finisher (I've never been sold on the Codebreaker) and Undertaker just doesn't tap out, so would the Walls be effective in this situation?

CM Punk would be another terrific option. During their first program, Punk's heel run was in its infancy, and I think would be more entertaining to watch today. Especially given that Punk is more established now than he was when he was feuding with Undertaker in the past. Punk is a young guy who can get that epic Wrestlemania-quality match with Undertaker, and can actually make you believe he can break the streak.

A fantasy option is always Sting. As far as people in the company go, younger names would be Del Rio, McIntyre (if he ever gets back on track) or Morrison.

Sheamus? Wade Barrett? Alberto Del Rio? I group them together because I think they have an equal shot. Not one of them is anywhere near a big deal, not even close..but, it's not unimaginable.

Forgot about Del Rio. The only positive that I could really see from one of these guys getting to face Taker at Wrestlemania is that there is a slight possibility of one of them actually ending it. I believe that if the streak is going to end, it's going to guy to a guy that could use the rub as opposed to a veteran who doesn't need it. Still very unlikely that the streak will be broken, but the idea that it could happen adds at least a little bit of interest.

Jericho? If he comes back, and goes on some kind of heel-style rampage, it's possible.

This is something I didn't consider at first, but is actually probably the best option. I can't think of one person alive today that could pull out the very best from Taker and give him the match of his life.

If we're doing it solely on WHO he'll face, did anyone think of Vince screwing him into a gauntlet match? 3 of WWE's best men, say HHH, Chris Jericho and Kane.

If it's on whether he'll win, yeah, with that storyline, it'll show who is the best, and that's 'Taker.

Just for the record, Triple H did mention in his promo tonight that he had faced Undertaker at WrestleMania before. That being said, I don't think we will see Triple H/Undertaker III. If that did happen I would be disappointed, then again I was disappointed that they were going to face each other this year and they put on one hell of a match. Still, I doubt they would have Undertaker face someone he's already beat twice at the show of shows. I would actually still like to see Sting sign and face 'Taker, but if I had to choose someone from the current roster...well, I can't think of anyone that could top Undertaker's last three WrestleMania opponents/matches. Like someone mentioned, Austin/'Taker would be unbelievably epic yet it is highly unlikely. Just imagine how intense 'Mania 28 would be with Rock/Cena and Taker/Austin! I really hope Undertaker doesn't retire prior to next year's event because I like the sound of 20-0 being the final number for the streak.

my guess is it'll end up being HHH again and to step it up they'll do hell in a cell... that would actually be pretty cool and Taker needs a new HIAC at Mania to help get rid of the one at WM15 which a lot of ppl hated (though i liked it).

my guess is it'll end up being HHH again and to step it up they'll do hell in a cell... that would actually be pretty cool and Taker needs a new HIAC at Mania to help get rid of the one at WM15 which a lot of ppl hated (though i liked it).

This would be the only way that I would want to see Triple H/Undertaker III but I still don't like the idea of Triple H getting a third crack at the streak.

There are a lot of great ideas in this thread-I find Underworld's idea about Undertaker vs Mankind particularly intriguing. I wouldn't want it to be a HIAC match but some sort of stipulation would probably be needed. Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing Undertaker face Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Sting, Kurt Angle...plenty of great choices, hopefully WWE will make a good one.

I had actually thought about this last night... I have decided the best Wrestlemania match for The Undertaker is The Miz... That match is also the perfect way to elevate Miz to the moon and make him the bonofide future of the company they are trying to do...

The Miz talks about ending the streak and does some crazy stuff which eventually gets him his match with Taker.... Mind you Miz is a full blown heel like he is now, however it is obvious the wrestling public is already dying for him to go face

They wrestle a good 30 minute match where Miz actually ends the streak... After the Miz wins he is so impressed with how hard it was to beat the Deadman he actually comes out on Raw the next night calling out Taker... He then proceeds to show humbleness and ultimate respect to Taker which Taker returns...

This in turn will give Miz the ultimate rub from The Undertaker and also the ultimate push as the new top man in the company, it also elevates him to Cena, Rock, HHH, & Austin status, and it turns him into a solid face... Which the wrestling comunity is already dying for anyway...

Victim #20 should be Big, Like GOLDBERG, STING, or Brock Lesnar! GOLDBERG vs Taker is my pick, I wish it was STING vs Taker, But STING lost my respect, he is an idiot, doesnt care about his fans, piece of trash, he is not in the League of The Rock, Taker, HHH, Hogan, Austin, HBK, Ric Flair and many other great ones

well to be honest I keep telling my self brock maby maby will end the streak cause i can see it happing like this taker wins another one next year making him 20-0 then they have wm 29 in dallas n thats where they induct taker into the hall they have wm in dallas WWE finally breaks the 93thousand record but this is where the streak comes to an end with brock ending it cause that match whould sell alot of tickets but but is brock worthy enough to end the streak??

It's going to be triple H, they're building the exact same story as HBK Taker for 2 years, and it's going to be another "kick out of 12 finishers" match that makes people think its match of the year quality.

HHH is already making references towards another shot, and I could see him doing the Career vs Streak same situation as HBK.

Although I would love to see someone who's running mid card like Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Barret, Morrison, Ziggler, etc.... end it, I'm pretty certain that Undertaker is going to end up 20-0 and retire, he already looked like he was spent, and that match wasn't really overly intense compared to previous years.

after tonight's raw, i think that triple hhh and stone cold may team up against the undertaker either in a handicap match, or in a 2 on 2 match. triple hhh for sure cause he said he would be waiting when undertaer returns, and stone cold's comment to triple hhh in that lil backscene segment, leaves some copnspiracy open there, so who knows what will happen, at least if it was a handicao match with triple hhh and stone cold, stone cold would be a new victum.

They've already done that match at a UK PPV ironically 10 years ago come May.

Personally I see HHH and Undertaker rematching at Summerslam (or Hell in a cell.. in HIAC) Takers match HHH's specialty.. but as far as Undertaker goes for him to go 20-0 I see it being Kane, for 17 matches Kane was the ONLY wrestler Undertaker ever rematched at Mania so I could easily see Undertaker and Kane going at it for the trilogy as Undertaker has stated before that he'd love to face Kane at WrestleMania once more.

I have no idea who it could be. My number 1 pick would have been Cena but that certainly ain't happening now that he's facing Rock. Keep in mind this could be Taker's last Mania...just so he can retire 20-0

well to be honest I keep telling my self brock maby maby will end the streak cause i can see it happing like this taker wins another one next year making him 20-0 then they have wm 29 in dallas n thats where they induct taker into the hall they have wm in dallas WWE finally breaks the 93thousand record but this is where the streak comes to an end with brock ending it cause that match whould sell alot of tickets but but is brock worthy enough to end the streak??

Undertaker hinted at one more match at UFC 121 after Brock got knocked out but there was no answer from. Supposedly they have a personal beef. Lesnar though, He's way to deep with ufc to even consider coming back to wrestling, hes happy where hes at and Dana white sure as hell wants nothing to do with Lesnar going back to wwe. Its been said that he might come back for a one time appearence(ie: A fat paycheck) but I doubt it. Maybe Taker will try his hand at mma after his wrestling career is over who knows its something he's talked about. If Batista can do it the Deadman can as well.

brock? no but it would be great. sting? he isnt signing in wwe ever. if he was it would have been recently. dont think many peeps will get behind hhh/taker 3. however, i can see a hhh/hbk vs kane/taker at WM. it would take the workload off of all 4. and it would be the last time we'd c any of them compete. taker gets his 20-0 streak and kane gets to retire w/ dignity in a TOP match. also hhh gets to have his buddy elevate his last in ring match. and shawn, well shawn gets to be mr. wrestlemania one more time. (and doesnt really tarnish his "retired" thing like flair)

The "Dream" opponent would have to be Sting... It's probably the one that everyone would want to see most, simply because it hasn't been done. But, I don't think it's likely.

I have 3 "possible" opponents... These are three guys who could be possible, for a 1 time match and would make for a very good match, IMO. Two have been mentioned.

1: Mick Foley. The history is there and I think he's the one who has the most victories over Taker in his WWE career... Kane might have more victories, but it's close and Foley has never gotten a shot at Taker at WrestleMania.

2: Steve Austin. He's been a lot more involved lately... Maybe it's just to hype Tough Enough, but something about tonight's RAW showed me that he could go one more time, especially facing Taker with Cena/Rock on the same card. Those two matches alone would sell WrestleMania XXVIII.

3:Bret Hart. I don't know his current medical condition, but if he could pull it together for a "street fight" match with Taker, that would be an interesting fit. Remember, Bret was the first WWE wrestler to lock up with Undertaker in a WWE ring.

Ultimately, I'm thinking HHH gets the nod. If they go this route, to really up the ante, I'd like to see two conditions:

1: Streak vs Career. If HHH loses, his career will officially have "died trying" to end the streak.

2: Shawn Michaels as the Special Referee. He either has to count Taker's shoulders down for a 3 count at WrestleMania (something he could never do) or he has to count his best friend's shoulders, effectively ending his career.

After the past 3 Taker WrestleMania matches (2 vs HBK and last night vs HHH) being so well done, I think they need that extra boost of Michaels as the referee in that position to put the match over the top. At this point, IMO, they wouldn't be able to put on a good enough match to be on par with the previous three, without something that REALLY thickens the plot... HBK as the referee does that.

Just my thoughts. :)

-Bill

Sting is not an option. He is not going to work for WWE, ever. Plus He will be 52 ish and we can all see how beat up Taker is.

HHH v HBK V Taker Ill admit this is a very interesting match up. The build up is there, all 3 guys can give a great Mania match, however, will the triple threat storyline overshadow the streak match? If HHH pins HBK has he really ended the streak?

Jericho Why not? If Y2J keeps up his standards of his last WWE run then he would put on a classic with Taker.

Goldberg What a stinker that would be. Goldberg should not be allowed to go anywhere near Mania.

Lesner If he came back then I think that this would be the match everybody would want to see

Sheamus or Barrett Both would need major pushes over the next year to make his match relevent.

Jericho Why not? If Y2J keeps up his standards of his last WWE run then he would put on a classic with Taker.

Sheamus or Barrett Both would need major pushes over the next year to make his match relevent.

These two I agree with the most. Jericho vs Undertaker hasn't happened at 'mania yet so not only could it be a good match but its a NEW opponent for him. I'm tired of seeing the same 2 guys on the streak like 3 times. Kane, and if HHH is the one to face 'taker...again, he'll be 3 as well. HBK is already 2 in a row. They need someone new or someone who hasn't gotten the chance to wrestle him at 'mania. I don't care if its a younger guy or a veteran which is why I think Jericho would be the best bet. Undertaker won't lose at W.M. obviously but just because he won't lose doesn't mean he can't put talent over. I mean he put nexus over twice before he left for a while. I'd like to see Wade vs 'taker for this reason. Maybe he'd carry the match since Wade isn't good but he'd at least make him credible and could help him out a bit. Same goes for Sheamus. I don't care who it is really as long as its not the same guy as a previous W.M.

Before now I was thinking it would have to be John Cena. But since Cena-Rock seems to be in the works (a lot can happen in 12 months, though. This thing is far from guaranteed) I'm thinking, yes, Triple H again. The seed has definitely been planted on RAW.

In my opinion, I do not want to see HHH vs Taker III. The first match was very good and the 2nd and mania 27 was a classic. One of the best stories told and in ring psychology I've seen in a match in a very long time. Taker has wrestled Kane twice, first was a good one, second, not so much(only good thing about it was it was at msg and it was the return of the man from the darkside). HBK twice, the match and mania 25 will go down as the 2nd best mania match of all time behind the iron man match IMO. and HHH twice. Leave it at that, please wwe.

As for his mania 28 opponent:

Sting: I for one would love to see this match, although I feel it would be worked pretty awful on account of Sting, but I am a sting fan, more from his wcw days, but that's neither here nor there.

Stone Cold: I doubt it. I don't want to see Austin put his life and health in any more danger than he did while continuing to wrestle after his injury(watch him take a bump from late 97 til he retired, he immediately grabbed at his neck and back of his head) Stay safe SCSA!

Wade Barrett: Hell no. Absolutely not. You want to talk about money and ppv buys? That's a way to piss alot of ppl off. Paying 65.00 for Barrett to give UT 37 wastelands?? No thanks.

Sheamus: I'm very high on this guy. A two time wwe champion. Good talent, although still somewhat green in some areas, but this guy has nowhere to go but up!

Drew Mcintyre: LOL. Bigger flop than barrett. I haven't seen a double arm ddt finisher since maybe foley. This ain't jake the snake days anymore buddy. ddt's just dont do it.

Ziggler: Also high on this guy, but still no.

I wish everyone will realize that the streak is what makes mania nowadays. (Don't believe me? Just go back and watch mania 27 w/o the taker hhh match. That would've been a waste of about 96% of the money seeing as watching rock at mania was a chilling moment and the fireworks). Trust me, if guys like HHH and HBK fail at the streak twice, do you really think that the "youth movement" guys will take on taker at mania? Let alone break the streak?? Absolutely not, as a fan of the deadman since his arrival, no one should want guys like Wade Barrett of Drew Mcintyre to break the streak that is absurd. Complete BS.

Now here is my opponent for UT and mania 28- Although very unlikely, especially since he can't put up with the schedule and his recent actions, but

KURT ANGLE. That would be an awesome match. If both are at 100 percent then you'd get at least 30 minutes of twists and turns and great wrestling actions. Go back and watch them at No Way Out 2006. classic. Going 20-0 vs angle would be fantastic. Great money draw. Great match. Great crowd reactions. MONEY MONEY MONEY

With so many potential superstars, i cant even narrow it down. but i do have an idea of a match stipulation. what if undertaker had to retire if won the match? that way he would have to choose between his streak and his career. i am sure he would choose the streak and make it an even 20-0 and then retire because he is getting old and his injuries are getting longer and more often

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back