Metal Gear Solid 3 -v - Tony Hawks Pro Skater

?

• MGS3

• Tony Hawks

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Mgs3box.jpg

TonyHawksProSkaterPlayStation1.jpg

While I can't say the same about most of the people who vote in these polls, I own both of these games. However, I haven't gotten to playing MGS3 yet. I bought the pack that had 1, 2, and 3 in it, and I'm still working on 2 (along with the long list of games I'm playing right now). While I do think it's a fun series, the fact that you're rewarded most for killing as little as possible doesn't appeal to me as much as it would if you could pick some guys off while you were sneaking around. I still thoroughly enjoy the series, but not enough to vote it over THPS.

While this is nowhere NEAR the best entry in the series, I still really, really enjoy busting out the original every now and then. Reverts, and more importantly, manuals weren't implemented into the series yet, so linking 100x multipliers were near impossible for a single trick, but I still managed to break 1,000,000 on the warehouse in under the two minute time limit. While this game might seem pretty boring for a casual, when you've really mastered the controls of the game and you're playing against a few people who've done the same, it's still one of the best gaming experiences I can have. I mean sure, I'll usually just bust out THUG2 and do the classic mode on there (Canada <3 man THPS3 was the shit), but that doesn't mean I should discredit this particular game like a certain debater has been doing throughout the tournament.

Vote whatever title you prefer most, I really don't give a shit over this one, they're both great games.

In a nutshell, Tony Hawk's didn't start to reach its peak until the second game came out where this is taking on quite possibly the pinnacle outing of the Metal Gear Solid after the original game. Now while Tony Hawk's is a decent series until it was getting to the point of overkill, it was one of the great multiplayer series available but you seriously cannot swap that for an epic story mixed with Tactical Espionage Action at its finest. On longevity factor, MGS3 wins here because it was designed this way whereas THPS2 came out and the first is lost in the mix, which is always a drawback for sports titles, a newer and better one comes out a year later, MGS3 stood out strong for a good while as MGS games tend to because Kojima likes to perfect them before release.

Good games, but MGS3 takes it here.

How is Tony still in this tournament? This one isn't even that good, and was by far not even close to the best Hawk game. Metal Gear Solid 3 may not be the best Metal Gear, but it still is a solid game, both in name and quality. If Tony lives past this round too then I'll be totally surprised.

I'm so sorry Tony Hawk Pro Skater, I love you but I can't vote for you here. I spent half a summer in my best friend's basement playing you and the Space Jam game. When I finally reached the 1,000,000 points combo, I marked harder than I ever had up to that point. But MGS3 is better than you in almost every way. It's not your fault though, a new and better version of you came out only a year later and an even better version came out the year after and MGS3 is almost perfect. I love skating but I love amazing stories, excellent game play, and eating fish and snakes better. </3

I like both and owned them at the same time at 1 point and while I enjoyed MSG I loved THPS.

THPS started what is arguably the best skating game franchise in the history of Skating games. It is by no means the best in the series but it is awesome and has a ton of replay value. I may not own it but my friends do and I still love it to this day which I can't say about MSG 3.

my vote is going to THPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back