Mothersday is coming along soon.

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
Every mum has done something, that stands out, What did yours do? Show your respect for your mum here.

My mum is a single mother of five, and has provided all of us, on just the Pension she got from the government. All her life she went without stuff for herself, to make sure we had everything we needed. She refused to have a job because she didn't want us to be raised by a bunch of Child care workers. She has worked hard for the family, Managing to take us on a family holiday every year that cost upwards of $5,000. a couple of years ago she got diagnosed with cancer and had nobody but us kids, Thats where we came in and helped her out. Showing her the same treatment she gave us when we was a kid.

during the time when she had cancer, She managed to Not once show the other four that she was even sick. They knew but she would always hide it when she was having Chemo, or was having an off day. due to not wanting to freak them out.

What was your mum like? They won't read it here but Wish them a happy mothers day, by telling complete strangers what they was like. :lmao:

(if you have a kid like Will, you could describe your wife, or kids mother instead or as well)

My mother had to put up with my father. My father "made the money" in the family, despite my mother working a much more physically demanding job. despite this and my mother taking care of the house, it remained my father's house, his car, his everything. All this time, I never missed a single thing or noticed how much she was hurting because of it. Then about ten years ago my mother found out my fahter was cheating on her with one of our neighbors. This led to a divorce and my father of course keeping everything as he could afford a much better attorney.

After the divorce, my father would pay for nothing extra for me. School, most medical, and that's it. My mother took care of clothes, food, Christmas, Birthday (my father thinks they're stupid except for his when he gets ticked off if he's not treated like a god), and just about evertyhing else. He paid my mother exactly what she was owed and nothing else, yet he claims that he paid for everything via child support so he should get the praise for it. Through all this, my mother never changed a bit, never stopped smiling or let it be known how bad things were getting. Most of who I am today is because of her, even down to the little mannerisms that I've picked up from her. Great mother and definitely the best I could ask for.

I could never tell how my mom "is", because it's completely undescribable. I can go on and on, just like everyone else, about how she was always there for me, never let me get in a hole too big, and never let anyone try to harm me. But, there's so much more than that. There's the late nights watching cartoons because I had a fight with my girlfriend. There was the two days letting me cry on her shoulder when my dad passed. It was the little things, and the big things.

Even recently, with the troubles I've had concerning my son's mom, she's been there to listen to me when I vent, and offer advice when I'm screaming until I can't breathe. She's done everything she can to give me the best life possible, and make me the best person possible, most of the time at a sacrifice to herself.

I would go on and describe my son's mom, but let's try and keep this ahappy thread :)

My mom had to put up with all the shit that I did when I was younger & the thing is is that she never gave up on me. Now my mom currently is still in Texas living with my father while they have to deal with my spoiled piece of shit little brother. My mom was also there for me & my son when my son's mom was constantly doing the harder drugs & she was kind enough to watch my son while I was at school & work.

Now onto my sons mom. She was a bit strung out, used to be a drug addict & we used to hate eachother, but she got her life on track, let me keep my son while she gets visitation rights & we actually help eachother out sometimes as she has turned into a good friend. The only beef I have about her is that she hates my girlfriend(the mother of my soon to be born daughter) cause my girl lives with me & does everything for my son.

Like everyone else who has posted in here, I don't know where to begin with my mom's greatness. She was a single mother who raised and worked for me, an only child and a brat, to make sure that I had a rood over my head, clothes, medical care, and more toys and treats than most kids get, which caused her to forgo some of her wants. And, she did this all with multiple sclerosis.

Now that I'm a young adult, I don't rely on her like I used to, but I can't take care of her financially like I want to. Although, in a few years, I will be able to. I see it like this: I've been fucked over by a lot of people in my life, but the one person who never did fuck me over was my mom. In fact, she stuck by me even when it may not have been in her own best interests. Therefore, I think it's only right that I stick by her and make sure that she's taken care of when she's not able to work to support herself anymore (which will probably be in a few years' time). This is the least I owe her, and, just like getting out of poverty or having a child at a young age motivates some young adults to make their lives better, my mother motivates me to keep on going and to make sure that she can have the comfortable life in her old age that she was never able to have while she raised me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back