Mr. Kennedy (Mr. Anderson)

Morpheus101

Registered Boozer
I know it's debatable as to whether this belongs in the WWE or TNA forum, but I honestly feel that Vince McMahon made a mistake in letting Mr. Kennedy (Mr. Anderson) go. His character has come on in leaps and bounds in TNA. Right now on Impact, his skit with Beer Money cracked me up. Kennedy is not only a decent wrestler, but his presence, charisma and mic skills are amazing and have not been seen since Chris Jericho debuted in the old WWF.

Kennedy (had he stayed in WWE) could have filled so many voids. He could have been an absolute mega-star; the next Rock/Austin, IMO. This is a void that Cena has not filled, but Kennedy may well have filled it, had he been given the opportunity.

What are your thoughts? As much as I like TNA, I'd like to see Kennedy (as Kennedy) back in WWE someday as he could be a mega star (he showed more than enough promise of this during his stint in WWE).

I'm not sure exactly what you're soliciting opinions on; are we to respond whether or not McMahon made a mistake in firing Anderson? You are forgetting the reason he was fired, because he was on the shitlist of both Cena and Orton, the company's two biggest up-and-coming stars. You can't treat his staying with the WWE as if it was going to happen in a vacuum. Given his inability to get along with people more talented and valuable to the company than himself, it would seem the WWE did not make a mistake in firing him, given that Cena remains a cash cow and Orton's star has only risen in the last year, while Anderson is stuck drawing cheers from the Impact Zone crowd, which would go bonkers an ashmatic leper if he could bark out obscenities at the pace Anderson does.

Your reasoning as to why he should have been kept around is vague to me? Exactly what void in the current programming slate do you see him filling? Orton seems to be working out nicely as a tweener/cool heel, and he's also a better worker, more creative, and has a better look than Anderson, while probably being at least as good on the mic. WWE isn't lacking for over heels, and I think it's a bit far-fetched to suggest Anderson could have been the next Austin/Rock based on what he showed with the WWE given that he probably wasn't even among the most popular 10 or so people when he was fired.

I don't believe Kennedy is nearly as talented as a wrestler as Rock or Austin, but he still is formidable. You make a good point with his mic skills, as we all know that is half the business.

I don't think he's quite as marketable as those superstars, but he could have made for a decent Main Eventer if given the opportunity.

This same topic has been discussed so many times that I am surprised it doesn't have its own thread on the WWE vs. TNA board.

Mr. Anderson (or Kennedy, wtvr) has a big draw in TNA as of now. He had great potential in WWE, but it has been said time and time again on why he was dismissed there. I get Anderson fans, I really do, but the whole What If He Stayed In WWE has been drawn out ever since the guy showed up in the Impact Zone. It's done, he is bringing the money to TNA, and if Vince wanted him back he could have him I am sure. Money talks, but with the Era in WWE catering to a younger demographic, I doubt WWE would have much use for him.

He is charismatic, he can hold his own in a ring, but TNA is where he belongs at the moment. And Orton would probably have a personal issue with him if he were to come back. And being a top dog in WWE, Orton has some say. So odds are highly unlikely.

I think MR. ANDERSON................anderson. Is fine just where he is at. the reason being is that ken has free speech in TNA. You will never hear the asshole on WWE t.v. in a long time. Personally i like Anderson then Kennedy so please put this were in belongs brother in the TNA section so that Anderson and TNA fans can CROSS THE LINE

i don't think anderson should be near the wwe! u need to remember the rock and stone cold were created back when wwe was entertaining and could create stars! better writers and not as mcmahon influenced! i agree anderson will be the next stone cold or rock! he will make it to their level! but not in wwe! if tna ever makes it big, he will be one of the guys that makes it happen! i also believe matt morgan can and will take things to an enormous level! imo he could be the next hulk hogan!

.......if tna ever makes it big, he will be one of the guys that makes it happen! i also believe matt morgan can and will take things to an enormous level! imo he could be the next hulk hogan!

1. TNA never going to make it much bigger than they already are...:lmao:

2. You either need to stop smoking the magic herbs (or start) cos saying Morgan could be the next Hogan is like saying Matt Striker will be the next JR....:wtf:

As for Anderson, he fits where he is and as he got offside with the wrong people in WWE won't be gonig back anytime soon...

Ok, im not buying the statements on kennedy got on the wrong side of Orton and Cena. That's like saying these 2 guys have as much influence as say "triple h", or say Undertaker. I seriously doubt orton and cena have the say and leverage of those two. Kennedy wasn't going to be used after a certain point, back when he was pretty much out the door he had to battle with other mid carders like cm punk, Umaga, Lashley, Shelton Benjamin etc. and injuries didnt help his cause either, so i wouldnt give orton and cena to much credit..

I felt that Anderson's release was wrong at the time, but it was just a combination of factors. What could have happened, did. I do, however, think Anderson has it in him to be a huge asset for whatever company he's under. People need to stop wanting him to be the next Rock or Austin. The best thing he can be is the first Mr. Anderson. That sorta sounds like what Jericho said to Michaels going into WMX9, eh?

I luv Mr Kennedy/anderson, i was gutted when i heard wwe released him, and i hope one day he does return to the wwe, but i doubt that as he is now a major player in tna right now and even is he does return he wont be pushed due to the fact he improved tna, i mean look at christian, he has the whole package yet vince wont push him due to tna. He was pretty much fired due to the fact vince was in a bad mood, if vince was in a better mood he would of been de-pushed. Ive got no problem with cena/orton reporting him to vince because if he was dangerous in the ring then someone should be told so he can improve but unfortunatly this lead to kennedy's demise in the wwe. I doubt cena and orton wanted to get him fired(i could be wrong), the only problem i have with orton is (if it is true) is the things he said about kennedy, they were quite harsh, so i can see why kennedy is bitter (his comments after ortons injury).One of the main problems with anderson is injuries, another eason he was fired was because it was though he had injured himself again on his return, but anderson himself denied that. (rumor) and he hasn't yet got himself injured at tna despite being in some brutal matches.

I wouldn't compare him to the rock or stone cold though as not many people can ever reach that level. But he is brillliant on the mic and nearly on the same level as some of the greats. And above average in the ring, he will be tna champ at some point in the next year.

...and he hasn't yet got himself injured at tna despite being in some brutal matches.

It's an ironic thing about injuries; they aren't the fault of the person who got injured. Yet, from management's point of view, when the performer is sitting on the sidelines, he's not helping the company although he's still drawing a paycheck. I can understand Vince McMahon's frustration with Kennedy; he's only a mid-carder who was scheduled to receive a push, yet every time the push was ready, Kennedy would get hurt again. The timing was awful and while it wasn't his fault, it certainly didn't help his standing in the company.

Of course, you could argue that Edge is another player who has spent humongous amounts of time on the injured list. The difference is that Edge is at the top of the roster while Kennedy is in the middle. Of course, if Kennedy had been able to ascend to the top of WWE, they might have been willing to wait for his injuries to heal, just as they did for Edge. Instead, Kennedy got released.

Timing is everything.

Frankly it irks me (and its ironic) that when the subject of Kennedys firing gets brought up most posters point to the ALLEGED heat with Cena and Orton.

Heres what irks me (and I find ironic):

Most people just shrug the heat off. "oh ye orton buried him resulting in his dismissal - no big deal ortons a top guy" blah blah

Why is ok for Orton to "engage" in these tactics of squashing guys who might just have a small glimmer of a chance of being a somebody - but when its HHH? oh oh - batten down the hatches; here comes the IWC!!

Get a dictionary; look up the word "contradiction"; Then the words; "melee" "mouthed" "apologists"

Just proves my theory. Every one has an agenda and thus has a tainted and less than credible opinion.

I don't really buy into all the heat on Cena and Orton as there were legitimate gripes going on with Anderson that had nothing to do with them. Anderson was in the WWE for roughly 4 years and, let's be honest, he spent nearly half that time out of action for one reason or another. Anderson did get injured a lot, including some injuries that kept him out of action for months at a time, and whatever momentum he garnered would pretty much be shot and he'd pretty much have to start over again. If I'm not mistaken he also failed a drug test, violating the WWE Wellness Policy and that put him out for a month.

I know that people want to look at Vince McMahon and call him the devil and all that but the WWE is a business. They invested a lot of time and money in Anderson and, quite frankly, didn't really get all that much in return over a 4 year period. The intention was for Anderson to be Vince McMahon's illegitimate son and I think that's around the time he got suspended. So, what could have been one of the biggest angles in WWE this decade was scrapped and turned into a comedy angle. I'm also not necessarily saying that it was Anderson's fault that he got hurt or that he was injury prone or anything like that, but I think the WWE just got tired of all the obstacles that popped up. Sometimes, you really do just have to cut your losses.

I think that Anderson needed a fresh start and that's what he's gotten in TNA. The TNA schedule is much lighter, it's rumored that he makes about $2,500 per appearance and is one of the most over talents currently on the TNA roster. The WWE has gotten along just fine without Anderson and Anderson has been able to start off in TNA with a clean slate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back