New idea to freshen up title hunts

Dropkickjon

Dark Match Jobber
I think one of the biggest failures the WWE has had recently, is the haven’t made becoming a number one contender seem impressive or earned. I’d love for them to do something different and here’s my idea:
Have a title holder talk about not having good enough competition, so they start a different type of tournament
32 guys in an over top battle royal where you only make the second round if you eliminate someone. Once you have you leave the ring and choose of four teams.
Now at Survivor Series you have 2 matches between the teams, the winning 2 teams have a ladder match with four contracts. You must grab one of the contracts (something else) to earn your way to a tag team match.
The winning team face off at the Royal Rumble for the number 1 contendership.
Thoughts?

Why wouldn't the 32 guys just beat up the title holder, knowing they don't have to listen to him?

Also, you have started this tournament before Survivor Series and, I'm guessing, have it culminating with a match for the title at WM. That's about 6 months of the title not being defended because an overly long, drawn out, overbooked competition for the #1 contender. Must be Brock Lesnar holding the title.

I think I messed up, I didn’t mean that the champ isn’t having matches. This is more to have running while the champ is in a long running feud. This way, other matches seem more important and you could begin new feuds from these tournament matches.
Like if, when choosing teams after the battle royal, you have Big E and Woods on separate SS teams. And then one of them advances by eliminating the other. You could have that lead to a match at WM.
Just thought it would be a good way to involve a ton of guys, have some surprise advancers, and get new storylines

I think the biggest way to freshen up title hunts is to make sure you keep them relevant on TV and PPV's. No belt should ever go 2 consecutive PPV's without a defense or be left off TV for weeks. Couldn't believe when Hawkins/Ryder where tag champs I think they weren't even booked on Raw for like a month. Also I would develop rankings on the WWE website. This helps the fans stay updated as to who is the top contenders for each title. Society loves rankings look at the college football rankings show and the NCAA tournament selection show. People love rankings. After each PPV you make the matches on each brand matter as the winners of matches either elevate or drop on the rankings. House show results should be factored as well. I would use the midcard titles to better elevate talent your trying to push to. Nakamura & Mahal specifically would've been way more benefited by midcard runs (US or IC Title) before being elevated directly into World Title programs. Mahal is now a jobber after being World Champion on Smackdown and Nakamura is just now starting to regain steam after an extended feud with Styles in which he never went over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back