New York Region, Toronto Subregion: First Round: (15) Scott Hall vs. (18) Magnum T.A.

Who Wins This Match

• Scott Hall

• Magnum T.A.

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the New York Region.

This match takes place in the Air Canada Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

the-air-canada-centre.jpg

#15 Scott Hall

hall2.jpg

Vs.

#18 Magnum T.A.

05.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Yeah, I wasn't even going to vote on this one, because I don't know ANYTHING about Magnum T.A., and I only know Scott Hall's career in the WCW.

But I'm voting Magnum T.A. here. His mustache is bigger, and that belt is comically oversized, not that Magnum T.A. looks like he gives a fuck.

Scott Hall looks like he's going trick-or-treating.

This is a match up of what ifs. What if the things that happened to each of these guys didn't happen. Both are projected to be future World Champions early in their careers.

While I respect Magnum T.A. to the fullest. I think he gets beat by Scott Hall. Magnum would probably be a sentimental favorite for me in most match ups. Against Hall isn't enough to take him to the next round.

Scott Hall has made many mistakes in his career and also in his personal life, but I think he had done enough to make himself pretty over, against most people. So, as much as I like Magnum T.A., this is a pretty easy choice, for me anyway, to pick Scott Hall.

I don't know much about Hall's past other than his Razor Ramon gimmick, and he was super over with that. He beat Shawn Michaels in a fantastic ladder match at WreslteMania X, and has went toe to toe with Kevin Nash during his "Diesel" reign.

Hall can get past Magnum due to the fact that he can be more ruthless when he needs to be. Plus, his Razor's Edge is way more better than Sheamus' High Cross (similar but more effective)

My vote: Scott Hall, chico.

I went with Magnum here. Hall, at his peak, is very, very good. Ask Shawn Michaels how good he is. But Magnum was someone who simply didn't have a long enough career, but what he did have... was awesome. He had a simple, but effective finisher and is double tough in the ring. And isn't prone to mistakes... unlike Hall... who does like to party and can be caught off guard.

I say Magnum with a Sunset Flip off the top rope for the 1-2-3.

By all accounts Magnum T.A was being primed to become the next NWA World Champion before his tragic car accident, but I really do believe Scott Hall should also have been a World Champion, so I cannot give T.A the nod on this one.

Hall has entertained me from his days as Razor right through his WCW career and even now I enjoy seeing the guy on TV whenever he turns up.

Hall had the size, look, and ability to really be a big star in the wrestling business and as he would be accompanied to ringside by the nWo, there is no way Magnum would be able to win this one. Magnum would have to look over his shoulder constantly with Hollywood Hogan and Kevin Nash around the ring, and this would allow Hall to capitalise.

Razors Edge for the 1-2-3 in 16 minutes, Hall advances

ONE MORE...FOR THE GOOD GUYS!

Scott Hall. I have never seen a Magnum T.A. match I didn't like (his match with Tully at Starrcade 1985 is still one of my five or ten favorite matches), and as a fan, the guys style is right up my alley.

But outside of being a fall-down drunk, Scott Hall is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, and I cannot vote against him. He had a longer career, performed on a bigger stage, and was beyond solid in the ring. Hall was also quite ruthless, and not afraid to cheat when it was necessary. Hall has an underrated mean streak, and a powerful finisher. Razor's Edge after an 15-18 minute war.

magnum was definately a tough son of a bitch, & was on the verge of greatness.

but hall, despite his rehab issues, is fantastic. he has the attitude\size\ability. his legacy is revolutionary (ic ladder matches, outsiders\nwo). besides the outsiders edge, the mans punches are in my top 3 all time as best in the biz. that right hand looks vicious. he is a sneaky s.o.b. & if he kept it together, would have multiple world titles by now.

survey says.... chalk up another one for the bad guy.

If Magnum didn't lose his ability to walk, he would have been one of the greatest world champions of all time. And that's not out of my mouth... just watch the Rise and Fall of WCW or Legacy of the AWA DVD's and listen to the commentary. This guy captivated audiences and won championships that completely rival anything that Scott Hall had ever done.

Granted, I'm not knocking Scott Hall. He's one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. But I need to vote intelligently and subjective here... Magnum is far and away better in this matchup. By voting for Scott Hall, you're saying he could beat Ric Flair in his prime and take on the Four Horsemen by himself (which Magnum did.)

Magnum T. A. in his prime was as great as any of the Randy Ortons, JBL's, John Morrisons, and Miz's of today. He was a top notch wrestler in a major promotion whose career was shortened by a tragic accident. Scott Hall just cannot compare.

Vote for Magnum.

As much as I like D-Man's argument, I'm not going against my homie, Scott "Razor Ramon" Hall. He was EASILY my favorite wrestler for a good portion of my childhood. He's been said to be one of the most versatile big men of all time and above all, he is DA BAD GUY!!

I have seen some of Magnum's matches and the guy was impressive, yes Scott had some great matches but he had amazing opponents. An there is always a chance that Scott ends up passed out in the alley behind the nearest bar to the arena an misses the match.

Magnum moves on.

Magnum in this one. I just like the guy. Wrestling might be totally different if he were still around and thats the reason why i put him past almost anyone in this tournament.

Genuinely one of the hardest choices to make so far. TA was a good wrestler, and what happened to him is one of the rare occurrences where a wrestling career is lost for reasons outside of their control, and as a result he will forever be one of wrestling's great what-ifs. "What if Hall hadn't shown up on Nitro?" is certainly a what if question that carries more weight in terms of significance to the wrestling industry.

Anyway, I vote based on what actually happened, not what could have happened. The fact remains that though Magnum TA was headed up, his biggest victories came against a Soviet wrestler in the 1980s. Any face who was trying to get over would win those matches, and there's little else on his CV that really makes you take notice.

Hall on the other hand got the better of Shawn Michaels, Bob Backlund, Diesel, Yokozuna and lots of other bona fide main eventers. I think Hall would win this, but a narrow victory either way is probably a fair result.

You can run off at the mouth until you're blue in the face. Blah, blah, blah, career cut short. Yeah, yeah, yeah, dominated while it lasted. No. Just, no.

This is a case in point, similar to Brock Lesnar. The only difference is.. Magnum didn't walk away from this business. :glare: Yeah, I said it.

Magnum was impressive and dominating in the short career he had, because they were building him up to be something. That's what you have to do, to get someone over. However, just like everyone else in the business, you can't stay on top forever and sooner or later Magnum would've became irrelevant and shown to be flawed and weak.

Scott Hall is a guy that is best known for being a mid-card legend, and one third of the greatest group ever created. Since I can't very well match up Hall and Magnum's win/loss record, or wrestling wins list overall because Magnum never had the CHANCE to become a loser.. I'm going to vote based off the guy who did more in the business.

Hall.

Before anyone says "Well, Magnum was impressive while he was there." or "His career didn't last long enough for him to become as big." Hey, don't complain to me - go blame Brock Lesnar for my disdain toward this situation.

Scott Hall easily for me in this one. This guy was one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, especially back in his original WWF run as Razor Ramon. It is really unfortunate that this otherwise really talented and charismatic guy turned out to be a drunk who struggled with his personal demons far too much, continuing to present day. This guy was a strong and skilled competitor, gold on the mic, who was a mainstay for the mid card titles and in the tag team division. Whether it be Razor Ramon, or teamed with Nash, or nWo, Hall was always a major player in the game. He goes easily over Magnum T.A. in this one, and likely goes out and gets loaded and in trouble with the law to celebrate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back