New York Region, Toronto Subregion: Second Round: (2) Undertaker vs. (15) Scott Hall

Who Wins This Match

• Undertaker

• Scott Hall

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a second round match in the New York Region.

This match takes place in the Air Canada Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

the-air-canada-centre.jpg

#2 Undertaker

undertaker.jpg

Vs.

#15 Scott Hall

hall2.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

I'm almost convinced Hall will get completely demolished in this poll, but the match wouldn't be nearly as ugly.

Hall took on, and even defeated, some heavy hitters in his day. He is underrated as shit when it comes to putting on a great match, but we shouldn't kid ourselves..this is The Undertaker.

This would be a top-notch match, and in no way will I say Taker would simply annihilate Hall. Scotty would put up one hell of a fight, maybe even hitting The Razor's/Outsider's Edge. But, that wouldn't be enough to keep the Deadman Down. On the other hand, The Tombstone would most definitely seal Hall's fate.

Undertaker wins, but it's not a squash (despite what the poll may end up showing).

I'm almost convinced Hall will get completely demolished in this poll, but the match wouldn't be nearly as ugly.

Hall took on, and even defeated, some heavy hitters in his day. He is underrated as shit when it comes to putting on a great match, but we shouldn't kid ourselves..this is The Undertaker.

This would be a top-notch match, and in no way will I say Taker would simply annihilate Hall. Scotty would put up one hell of a fight, maybe even hitting The Razor's/Outsider's Edge. But, that wouldn't be enough to keep the Deadman Down. On the other hand, The Tombstone would most definitely seal Hall's fate.

Undertaker wins, but it's not a squash (despite what the poll may end up showing).
I agree completely, with basically everything you said.
Undertaker will win this match, but it will eclipse the double digit mark. Hall was an amzing performer overall(i.e. ladder match with HBK), but he's not The Undertaker. He's not a 7 time world champion(He's held one 3 times if you count the AWA), and Hall doesn't have half of the achievements Undertaker has.
Winner: Undertaker vi chokeslam, than tombstone near 13:30.

This is definately not good for the 'bad guy'. I am a huge fan of Hall & it sucks he has so much trouble outside the ring with his drinking\behavior. He could have been a serious threat in the main event for any company. Unfortunately, even in Hall's prime, Taker would destroy him. I would love to vote Hall in this one, but, against Taker- its just not gonna happen.

Undertaker would no doubt have a good fight on his hands, but a tombstone ends this one. Sorry Scott.

I saw this match happen a number of times during WWF house shows I went to back when I was a kid and Hall lost every single one of them. This was back during Halls first few years as Razor Ramon and when The Undertaker was in his original character as the extremely slow, undead zombie type of character. Hall always put up a pretty good match but, in the end, it always ended the same way.

Taker was too much for Hall even when, from an overall perspective, The Undertaker character was at its weakest. Hall would give a good showing for himself but Taker would ever put Hall damn near through the ring with the Last Ride, cave the top of his head in with the Tombstone or choke him out with Hell's Gate around the 10 minute mark.

I'm surprised this match never really happened at a bigger stage than it did, Razor Ramon was a pretty big name when The Undertaker was on the decline heading into the mid nineties. Anyway, if the match happened then, decline or not, there would only have been one outcome. Hall is arguably one of the most over midcarders ever and when you consider the nWo angle, one of the most important too. But his career is littered with losses to the biggest names in wrestling, of which Undertaker is one. Taker ultimately wins clearly, but Hall remains in it until the end.

Shy of returning to being 'Mean' Mark Callous, there is no time under the Undertaker moniker when the 'Bad Guy' would take down the 'Phenom'. Scott Hall was a brilliant in ring performer but he was never presented as being the best, this means that he would never go over a guy who has always been presented in the top echelon in the WWF/e.

This match would be an absolute war. Both men are heavy hitters who will do what they have to to get the win. I see this match playing out much like the Taker/HHH match at Wrestlemania 17 did. These two will start in the ring, the ref will get knocked out, and then all hell will break loose. Both men will fight in the crowd or wherever with neither man really getting the big advantage. Once they get back in the ring Hall will get a very close near fall only to fall victim to the tombstone very soon after. Taker brings in the win, but the real winner is us fans.

Scott Hall would be absolutely destroyed by Undertaker. Scott Hall was good and all, but Taker was absolutely dominant, and would crush Hall. At no point in his career would Scott Hall be able to beat Undertaker at nearly any point in his career. Taker was almost always billed as unstoppable, and Scott Hall was only human.

Taker wins this in a hard fought battle. At his best... Hall defeated Shawn Michaels in one of the best wrestling matches in history.. but that match was a gimmick match. Taker is a one man wrecking crew... and would end up Tombstoning Hall at about the 15 minute mark after Hall hits the Razor's Edge... goes to pin Taker... only for the Deadman to sit up like nothing happened. Then Hall gets a drink... throw's the toothpick at Taker... and ends up on the business end of a big boot.

Taker has this one.

A hard hitting slugfest between two big strong guys.

Hall is getting squashed in this poll but against anyone other than the legendary Undertaker, it would be a lot closer.

Hall was excellent in the ring when he was in his prime, he could definitely hang in there with the Deadman, and is one of the guys who everyone asks "what could he have achieved if he wasnt such a fuckup?" Hall should have been World Champion, and because he never achieved what he should have, his rep is so much lower than it could have been

Both men give it there all, but Undertaker (a man who has looked after his body really well over the years to maintain a top spot for 20 years) would come on top over Scott Hall (a man who pissed away his career) when conditioning later in the match became the deciding factor.

Tombstone to end this one after 13 minutes

I doubt that I even need to post any reasoning here. Do we really need any? Does anyone really need to be schooled on the Undertaker's dominance here? Do we need to remind you of his dominance over Razor Ramon in matches that transpired in the 90's? Do we need to be reminded of the Undertaker's streak? Do we have to mention Hall's unreliability both in and out of the ring?

You're right. We don't. Vote for Undertaker.

If it wasn't for all that drinking and boozing it up, it would've been an even contest, but regardless, it isn't. Hall cannot get past a legend. He can get past Michaels, but it was before his prime, but Taker is more than that. It won't be easy for Taker either, cause Hall can wear him down, but in the end, its gonna be chokeslam, Tombstone, buried...

My vote: THE UNDERTAKAH (/TeddyLong)

I voted for Hall because by God someone has to. We all know Taker would likely win in most scenarios and stages of his career, but I am going to paint a scenario where he might not.

Scott Hall vs Undertaker circa 2002-2003.

At this point Taker is "The American Bad Ass", he's not the world beating phenom that everyone is talking about. Sure, he wins more than he loses, but the point here is that he isn't the supernatural unstoppable character we generally think of.

Scott Hall on the other hand was apart of the nWo, who was just brought back by Vince McMahon. That means he had Hogan and Nash in his corner as well.

In this scenario all kinds of stuff can happen to The Undertaker. If we're talking about the nWo hell, he might not make it to the ring, or he could get distracted by Hogan and Nash and lose via count out by trying to go after them. Scott Hall COULD win this match. It's also entirely possible that Undertaker could win, but only by DQ and Hall doesn't even take an ass beating, Undertaker does. The nWo gangs up on him, Hall, Nash, and Hogan hit him with their finishers, Taker is laid out, and guess who looks like the loser anyways? Taker. Nash or Hogan could do something to distract Taker, allowing Hall to hit him with a Razors Edge for the win too.

Just saying, this is wrestling, it could happen.

I voted for Hall because by God someone has to. We all know Taker would likely win in most scenarios and stages of his career, but I am going to paint a scenario where he might not.

Scott Hall vs Undertaker circa 2002-2003.

At this point Taker is "The American Bad Ass", he's not the world beating phenom that everyone is talking about. Sure, he wins more than he loses, but the point here is that he isn't the supernatural unstoppable character we generally think of.

Scott Hall on the other hand was apart of the nWo, who was just brought back by Vince McMahon. That means he had Hogan and Nash in his corner as well.

In this scenario all kinds of stuff can happen to The Undertaker. If we're talking about the nWo hell, he might not make it to the ring, or he could get distracted by Hogan and Nash and lose via count out by trying to go after them. Scott Hall COULD win this match. It's also entirely possible that Undertaker could win, but only by DQ and Hall doesn't even take an ass beating, Undertaker does. The nWo gangs up on him, Hall, Nash, and Hogan hit him with their finishers, Taker is laid out, and guess who looks like the loser anyways? Taker. Nash or Hogan could do something to distract Taker, allowing Hall to hit him with a Razors Edge for the win too.

Just saying, this is wrestling, it could happen.
I understand what your saying, I have voted for upsets at least twice already in this tournament(Helms over Race, and Christian over Hogan both i thought would be by roll up probably), but Undertaker made Hogan look like a chump in the early 90's and in 2002 if im correct, but were basing this off of the certain wrestlers prime, Takers prime in my opinion would be in the mid late 90's was were i think he was at his best maybe even earlier were he was built as no one could ever even get a pin on him.

Now for Hall, his prime was were he held the intercontinental title in my opinion, so around 92 or 93 maybe if im correct. Maybe during WCW that's your opinion honestly. Also, going along with Hogan and Nash in his corner, Hogan would be in Seattle whopping Christian at this point, and Nash would be in Vancouver going against Owen Hart at this point.

In Taker's prime he was beating everyone and chasing the world championship, now for Hall in his prime he had the ic title which was still good back then, but still not the world title.

I understand upsets, and especially in this tournament i believe in them, but during their prime Undertaker was unstoppable, and Razor Ramon wasn't.

As I posted before, Taker wins this in a very lengthy match. There isn't much left to say after reading the posts above.

Edit: Sorry guys, I really didn't read this post over too well, lot's of edits.

'Taker.
'Taker…
Must this really be explained? Damn you spam rules. The man has his shit together and is a once-in-a-lifetime level attraction. He's not a drunk. When used right he can draw, and had made a few guy in the process.

Plus he has a trench coat! Could you ask for anything more? (…besides face-paint and a bat apparently)

Jheri curls and toothpicks are simply no match for guy-liner and a massively receding hairline. No. Match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back