No More Excuses

JJYanks121

The Mouth of the South Shore
Since the title is blunt, I'll get right to the point. I've said this a lot and now is absolutely the time to enact what I've been saying. With TNA going to just 4 Pay Per Views each year, now is the time for ALL PPVs to be outside the Impact Zone. It's just 4 of them and they will have sufficient time to promote the shows so that the venues fill up. If the shows feel special, people will come. It makes no sense to continue to have shows in the Impact Zone when there's just 4 a year. Make them feel special and make some money off of them!

Am I wrong? Do you guys think this is the time for all PPVs to find new venues or are we still waiting for a time where they are "more ready"?

the next 3 are all out side the impact zone and i'm sure if they keep with the 4 a year format that next year all 4 will be they just already booked Genesis for the impact zone.

Having PPVs outside of the impact zone is a huge blessing as most of the time the crowds are much better than the crap crowds in the Impact zone.

So yes the ppvs should be held else where to make them feel more important but more importantly get some better crowds cause most of the impact zone crowds suck.

What I've considered to be a benefit from the four PPV format is they have time to get venues in advance in bigger markets. Keep in mind I don't know a damn thing about TNA's revenue, but I can see them doing something like BFG in Miami, or next year's Lockdown in Vegas or Dallas. It can be a good way to branch out if at all possible. The Impact Zone serves its purpose, yet for maybe the One Night Only specials, they could consider going around the south and southeast for a change in atmosphere.

I have been saying this for quite some time that in order for TNA to succeed they have too absolutely must move out of the impact zone. It is extremely brilliant to have the PPVs out of the impact zone. I have never been to Orlando FL,but whenever your there dont they hand out free tickets to TNA? If they move out of the impact zone for the PPVs that equals more money for the company and equals more money for the talent.

Again brilliant idea and only four PPVs a year is perfect for them. Perfect time for the feuds to build for us the audience to get behind the feuds. Dump stupid shit like Bully ray marrying Brooke Hogan and become a fucking real company. If that means giving Hogan the title for a month or two so be it! I wanna get behind TNA i do they have talent on that roster but continue to misuse them big time IMO

Yes, yes, and yes, I very much agree. I've been thinking about this for the past few days because I've been watching some PPVs from previous years and I've found that I enjoyed the crowd reaction and the big-event feel more if they were outside the Impact Zone. That goes for times when they tour the UK, too. I think that it's fine for a weekly show, but I think it feels more special if they're in a bigger environment with more people. Comparing Destination X and Slammiversary last year, I liked the Slammiversary crowd/venue better, though both had great matches.

And since they can't charge admission for shows in the Impact Zone, I'm assuming (though I may be wrong) that includes the PPVs. Seems better to maximize their profit by having PPVs outside the Impact Zone so they can not only get the viewer buys but the gate as well.

And about misusing talent ^, all promotions do that, even if it's just people feeling that way because their favs are not being used how they would like. TNA's doing a lot of things right, right now, and there will always be a lot of things wrong depending on who you talk to. But getting out of the Impact Zone for PPVs at least would be another "right" thing.

They already sent out the press release that the remaining PPV's will be on the road. I am sure Genesis (if they decide to keep that name) next year will be on the road as well since they will have time to build it up.

It already looks as though that will be the case considering the press release they sent out when they announced this shift specifically noted that the remaining PPV's for 2013 would all be on the road, starting with Lockdown.

That said, I'd hope that continues moving forward, because TNA, despite the fact they tend to draw only a few thousand to bigger events, has obviously out-grown the IMPACT Zone, at least in terms of their PPV events, if not for IMPACT too.

It already looks as though that will be the case considering the press release they sent out when they announced this shift specifically noted that the remaining PPV's for 2013 would all be on the road, starting with Lockdown.

That said, I'd hope that continues moving forward, because TNA, despite the fact they tend to draw only a few thousand to bigger events, has obviously out-grown the IMPACT Zone, at least in terms of their PPV events, if not for IMPACT too.

Right, and this is a way to test it. It's just 4 shows a year and you have 3 months to promote each. I'm sure they could sell a few thousand seats for each. That's gotta be worth it moreso than more free seats and shitty fans in the Impact Zone.

It may be straying a little from the original topic regarding the PPV's, which I agree should be placed outside the Impact Zone, I don't think anybody will disagree with that.

However, as for Impact having outgrown the impact zone...well, it's debatable to say the least but unfortunately the location has a lot to do with why a lot of the roster are with the company in the first place. Do you really see Jeff Hardy going back on the road when one of the main reasons he's there in the first place is so he doesn't have the workload he had with WWE?

He's just an example, I'm pretty sure a lot of them are probably quite happy with the fact that they get so much time off. Moving from the Impact zone may seem like the right thing to do, but in practice, I'm not sure it works.

The idea of doing all the PPVs outside the Impact Zone is a good one. These are events people will pay for, better them be in a nice venue rather than a poor one.

The idea of doin Impact in other venues besides the Impact Zone is an interesting point. As has been mentioned a lot of the talent are there because they don't have a tough schedule. I mentioned it before and I'll say it again, they should just move between certain venues every few weeks. E.g. they stay in the Impact Zone for two weeks, then move to a different venue for two weeks, then go to a third for two weeks and back to the Impact Zone. It's not nearly as stressful and it freshens up the product.

The idea of doing all the PPVs outside the Impact Zone is a good one. These are events people will pay for, better them be in a nice venue rather than a poor one.

The idea of doin Impact in other venues besides the Impact Zone is an interesting point. As has been mentioned a lot of the talent are there because they don't have a tough schedule. I mentioned it before and I'll say it again, they should just move between certain venues every few weeks. E.g. they stay in the Impact Zone for two weeks, then move to a different venue for two weeks, then go to a third for two weeks and back to the Impact Zone. It's not nearly as stressful and it freshens up the product.

I think moving every once and a while sounds good, or they could move to a bigger set or to an arena. I wonder about the particulars of their agreement and the incentive to stay there (aside from wrestlers preferring not to tour so much). If they're not making enough money to cover the cost of touring and production, then it would make sense for them to stay there.

I attribute the crappiness of the crowd to random people just wandering in with time to kill rather than people who care enough about the product to pay for it and are therefore more motivated to cheer because they actually know the wrestlers. For one thing I hate at a sports event or a concert is to see someone just standing there, especially if they're on the front row. If they could afford it, they could at least get a different venue with paying fans. If money is even an issue. Frankly, I kind of get sick of seeing some of the same people in the audience. If I happened to be in Florida, I would go to the IZ, but really, I'd rather go to a pay event elsewhere. Too bad they don't come to my city. :(

The idea of doing Impact in other venues besides the Impact Zone is an interesting point. As has been mentioned a lot of the talent are there because they don't have a tough schedule. I mentioned it before and I'll say it again, they should just move between certain venues every few weeks. E.g. they stay in the Impact Zone for two weeks, then move to a different venue for two weeks, then go to a third for two weeks and back to the Impact Zone. It's not nearly as stressful and it freshens up the product.

PPV's being cut down and taken outside the impact zone has been ideas long pushed. glad to see they are giving it a go.

Alex. It's a good idea in regards to impact but still wouldn't work, as many on the roster see a constant location is a big plus for them. a constant location gives wrestlers better settled home lives and better relationships with their families. it would also be a big risk financially for tna, as the price of taking a weekly show on the road is too much for a company like tna at this point in time.

I agree that having less PPVs for TNA, and getting out of the Impact Zone, are both sound ideas. The real question, though, is: Can they fill up an arena outside of the Impact Zone and be profitable doing so?

I'm sure many people saw the story about them booking a big arena only to tarp off a very small, ridiculous sized portion of that arena to use. If they do that are they going to make enough profit and sell enough tickets to counter the expense of the arena? So, really, it totally depends on the amount of fans they can get to buy tickets and what arenas they can fill. I suppose if they choose smaller arenas outside of the Impact Zone, even that is better then continuing to use the Impact Zone for PPVs.

I've been to a few tapings at the Impact Zone (I live in Tampa) and anyone with a ticket to Universal Studios gets front-of-the-line treatment to IW. All others are on a basic "standby" situation, though I don't know if they've ever turned people away. And yes, it's free.

One question I have concerning IW's stint at Universal is the growing WWE interest with the area, evidenced by moving NXT to Full Sail (in Orlando) and rumors of a physical WWE Hall of Fame. Particularly given WWE's association with Universal Studios and NBCUniveral, what will this mean for IW's home base?

With respect to PPVs, they HAVE to get the product out. At times it's confusing and stale, yes, but doesn't all wrestling go through the same lulls? And I hope they do something better than 1/12 of the Alamodome when they go somewhere. With months to build to a PPV resolution, I would HOPE they better exploit the top-tier wrestlers available.

Want to get the crowd you want in a place you can make an "impact"? Two words: Hammerstein Ballroom. Just saying...

Yes, absolutely, I couldn't agree anymore with you. When they remain in the Impact zone, the crowd feel like they see the same thing every week or arrive at the arena without any excitement because they're practically there every week. One example is the guy with the Hogan bandanna and sunglasses in the second or third row, he's present in the Impact zone week after week and looks depressed.

Remember when they went to about 4 or 5 different places to tape Impact in 2011? There were about 3000+ fans in attendance; that's your average PPV attendance (with the exception of the big 3). If they can pack that many people in just your everyday TNA Impact, I'm sure they can do a whole lot more with the PPV's, especially now considering that they have much bigger build ups to PPV's, meaning that we will (most likely) get that huge hype and also look forward to such an event after not viewing a PPV in a 2/3/4 month period.

So they have all these factors that'll put asses into seats, now it all depends on the creative. Like many on a previous thread mentioned, "this is a risky move". Some Impact Wrestling episodes disappoint and if we get that continually, ratings will drop and the fans wouldn't have an interest anymore because of the bore. Look how the Aces and Eights has just dragged along for the past 3 months with many losing interest now; at first it had everybody hooked, now it's just a mid-card storyline and many of the fans couldn't care less apart from when somebody gets unmasked. What if we get that a lot more often? They won't have many PPV buys because fans will give up on them, could expect a disappointment and even the PPV itself can be a let-down (and this could seem to continue but most of the time it doesn't though, so at the moment, we can rely on a 4 star Pay-Per-View event).

In conclusion, this is all down to the creative and the bookers; they have to make sure that the fans will tune in week after week and also that they will get an interest in the PPV. With bad creative decisions, not only will the ratings decline (oh how could they get any worse!) but the PPV buy rates can get struck. It's all up to Matt Conway, Bruce Pritchard, Dave Lagana and anybody else involved in the creative scene. Even if the new strategy doesn't turn out well this year, I guess they should still carry it on as it definitely is a great idea and the only area in need of improvement lies in the creative field. So the only excuse for a poor attendance COULD practically be the creative team but I'm sure they can fix that if the situation leads till an extent.

They have not outgrown the Impact zone. The costs of doing a 50 week live tv-show on the road compared to the costs of doing it from a tv-studio is like night and day.

TNA can not afford to do what WWE does with Raw. There is not way but they need a bigger tv-studio. They need to double that pathetic crowd. At the very least.

Well, the way i see it, this can be one of those "make or break" situations for TNA, 4 Pay Per Vierws a year is good, they would have 3 months to build good, or at least decent storylines, and i agree with most people here, they should definitly be out of the impact zone so they can get more fans across the country interested, like an earlier poster said, to pull that off they definitly have to get a great creative team so they can make great storylines, something to get people hooked to the product, and when TNA goes to the PPV in turn to another City, people can be waiting with open arms, and there were also people talking about taking impact wrestling on the road, that is a risky proposition, because one of the main reasons that most of their former WWE talent left the WWE is because of the road schedule, they don't want to travel as much, so they can have a show on the road maybe once a month, in my opinion, that isn't too bad......

i'd say they should go do one episode/show a month outside of the impact zone, maybe go to a neighbouring state for a start to keep travels costs low and see if that garners interest for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back