Now that the draft is over...

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
... is there anyone who thought would get drafted or wanted to get drafted, but didn't? There was a total of 36 superstars who found themselves on different brands and it is safe to say that a lot of the draft pick where very unnecessary and did not need to happen. The first one that comes to mind is Mr. Kennedy. He would have done just fine still on Smackdown... because of injury, he didn't get a chance to do anything.

Ok, back on topic... despite all of those draft changes, there are many people who would have really benefitted from a brand switch. For one, there's Kofi Kingston, who won the Intercontinental Championship in his Raw superstar debut. Since losing the title, he got lost in the shuffle a bit hasn't been the same. On Smackdown, he would have really gotten a better chance at climbing the ladder of success. Another would be Evan Bourne. I thought he was ready to go to another brand for a while now. I also expected WWE to actually switch to another brand. I guess that his injury prevented his brand switch to happen.

So, is there anyone you think should have been drafted, but didn't? Anyone you wanted to get drafted, but didn't? You can even say what draft picks you thought were supposed to happen or vice versa? This thread can be about anything related to the draft... add detail.

I think Christian should have been drafted. I really expected him to get a big push on either Raw or SD!, but instead he's still on ECW. Hopefully he'll win the ECW Title soon though, which I guess is almost as good as Raw/SD! push. I just hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

I think Christian should have been drafted. I really expected him to get a big push on either Raw or SD!, but instead he's still on ECW. Hopefully he'll win the ECW Title soon though, which I guess is almost as good as Raw/SD! push. I just hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

He's carrying a brand on his shoulders and is the top face. He's not going to get lost anywhere. On SD!, all he would have done is feuded with Edge in the upper midcard, jobbed and then be sent back down to the lower midcard, and on RAW...well let's not even go there. Fact is, Christian marks need to accept that there's no reason to move him and that Vince doesn't want too because he doesn't see him as main event material, also there's no proof that Christian even deserves that massive push everyone wants him to have on one of the two big shows, his wrestling skills have always been mediocre, ratings haven't exactly skyrocketed on ECW since his return, and his crowd reactions are that of a typical midcarder. He just doesn't have "it".

You're lucky Vince has given him the opportunity to be the top dog on the 3rd show, IMO considering he left for competition.

I agree about Evan Bourne he should've been drafted to SD, and Christain too. Mostly though, I think Jeff Hardy should've switched to Raw and Matt should've stayed on SD. With how the draft turned out, I think Matt would've had more success on SD especially with the IC title on it. Matt didn't get that title yet and it's perfect to make him more of a contendor. I don't think there's anything for Matt on Raw, because I just can't imagine him feuding with Cena, Batista, or HHH yet...

It's not the sexy pick, but William Regal on ECW would have been a terrific move. Regal would fit in right at home feuding with Finlay and other ECW Superstars.

If you recall in the pre-Nitro WCW days, Fit Finlay and Steven Regal had a helluva rivalry. Wasn't front page news on WCW magazine, but they had differences and the Pearl Harbor job on Regal by Finlay was epic. I think they'd have one more good run at a rather physical rivalry. That would have worked like a charm.

Also, sending Miz to Raw and Morrison to SD was backwards. Send Miz to SD and Morrison to Raw. Miz's gimmick works better on SD, while the "Shaman of Sexy" could be a possible breakout superstar on Raw. Regardless, the Draft wasn't all bad.

The draft this year sucked nothing really changed HHH got drafted back to RAW Kozlov to ECW come on how is he suppose to be better in ECW the worse brand of them all The split up of the last 2 remaining tag teams garbage tag team wrestling is suppose to big in wrestling how are u going to get rid of tag teams WWE tag team division use to be the best tag team division in wrestling. Rey Mysterio back to smackdown was bullshit too why don't they draft corny ass Cena to ECW or Matt Hardy to Raw was the best draft pick yet great job for MAtt who paid his dues in WWE deserved to beat Jeff. I hope this year Kozlov gets one world title n CM Punk being on smackdown as money in the bank winner was bullshit too he might have got robbed of the world title by Randy Orton n never got pay back he should of never won money in the bank again either Kane or Shelton Benjamin should of won the WWE is disappointing after Mania this year hopefully Batista will turn on the Game n make backlash worth ordering

Can't complain too much with the draft. A lot of nice switches. Didn't see the sense of switching any of the tag teams around when the titles are unified or Kennedys switch. The guy was hurt the whole time. I wouldn'tbe surprised if he got the axe this year.

Hope miz can survive on raw since his and morrisons switches were backward. Glad to see christian on ecw still since i know he'll get the spotlight there. Raw is def the star studded brand, but smackdown will still have the better matches, which is why i still even watch wwe. Most of the storys just don't add up a lot and the belts arent the center of attention anymore, which is a damn shame.

anyway...i thought henry would leave ecw for a raw but that didn't happen and kane back to smackdown...ugh poor guy... they just dont know what to do with him. lets him lay out out 5 guys or so and have some sort of mean streak and let him face edge one time or so and let him go. this face/heel/face/heel thing has to stop.

regal to ecw would've been nice to but at least ecw has some workers there to join with finlay

If I were in charge of the Draft, the half of the roster would have been completely changed with heavy modifications between Mania & Backlash so the average wrestling fan would get confused quickly & forget what happened quickly. This would pick ratings up as well.

If i were to go into detail, id need two forum pages at least...lol

I think a John Cena homecoming to SmackDown would have been a good move to keep their rivalry going instead of putting Edge and Y2J in an argument every week. I also think The Brian Kendrick should have went to ECW and Ezekiel Jackson to Raw. Think about The Brian Kendrick vs. Evan Bourne. Finally, Cryme Tyme should have been split up so Shad could prosper, because Shad is apparently everything for Cryme Tyme except the swagger, which exclusively belongs to JTG.

Also, I wish less stars went to Raw. Now Smackdown only has Undertaker, Edge, Y2J, Rey and Jeff Hardy. After that quintet, they have a nice healthy cast of midcarders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back