NXT main roster draft - create a story

The Samoan Heritage

Getting Noticed By Management
Well, the wwe draft is two weeks away and it has been rumored/reported that NXT will get hit pretty hard.
Personally I feel like they should focus on recent call ups in Corbin, Crews, Zayn, and Vaudevillians, before calling up even more guys from nxt. With that said, the point of this thread is to see what storylines you guys would give to some of the wrestlers who will be drafted.

My pick is Nia Jax:
I would love to see her debut on the side of team BAD. It just makes sense, with their family ties. Turn Naomi into the loudmouth chicken shit heel, who hides behind Tamina and Nia all the time. During this time give Jax matches against Alicia Fox and others, to help her adjust to the main roster and to continue to train. After 5-6 months, I would have Naomi go after the women's champion Sasha Banks.

...Around November/December slowly start to build up tension between Nia and Tamina, and at the Royal Rumble Naomi would defeat Sasha for the women's championship.
Somewhere between Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania Nia makes her huge babyface turn.
Wrestlemain 33:
Naomi(c) w/ Tamina vs Sasha Banks w/Nia Jax
(I brought up this story for Jax a while ago in the comment section and I was told using Bayley would get Jax over more, but I think Jax teaming with Sasha would allow her to keep that bad*** side, that she should always have.

What do you guys think, Sasha or Bayley? )

Also you can go in more debt with your storylines, but the reason I didn't is because I am using my tablet and its pretty difficult to type correctly on.

Have fun, can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

The Brand split needs to make sure it has enough headliners and storylines to keep both shows generating big ratings! In terms of NXT stories I would have Finn Balor join Smackdown along with putting Styles, Bullet Club, and Ambrose on the B show. I would have Bailey join Raw and immediately go after Charlotte. Sasha Banks should be placed on Smackdown and win the diva's championship for that brand. Then you can have Charlotte & Banks both have lengthy title runs before an eventual clash at maybe next year's Mania. In the mean time Bailey would be the perfect face challenger for Charlotte.

Based on just gut feeling and the way various NXT stars have been booked for the past month or so, I'd say that the primary talent from NXT drafted will be Finn Balor, Bayley, American Alpha and Nia Jax. There'll probably be others drafted as well, but I think these may well be the highest profile picks.

Balor has been ready for the main roster for about a year and I'd be tempted to have him feud with AJ Styles & the Club rather than join them. The story I had in mind would be that Balor attacks, rather than joins, them because he feels that their current tactics makes them and anyone associated with them from Japan look bad. Balor feels that his reputation has been sullied because these three behave as though they have no choice but to ban together and that makes it look like they just don't have the stuff to be in WWE when he knows better. His position would be something along the lines of "while I worked my arse off in NXT showing how it's supposed to be done, proving everyone wrong, they hot shot you to the main roster where you had even more of a chance to prove all the doubters wrong. Instead, you take the easy road and wind up making yourself and all the guys who ran with you in Japan look like a bunch of low rent scrubs who can't get the job done."

As for Bayley, I'd ultimately give her a slow build but keep a ton of focus on her, give her opportunities to cut promos in the ring and make a connection with fans. There's money in Bayley, in my opinion, and that's going to come out if Vince allows her to make that personal connection. Everyone loves an underdog and Bayley's character is this sweet, likeable young lady who has guts. Have her overcome adversity by suffering a few setbacks here and there. Take a sort of Daniel Bryan route with her and keep her constantly moving forward and pouring her heart out into every situation. I have little doubt people will rally behind her and then possibly consider her for a title run come WrestleMania next year or possibly longer for SummerSlam.

As for American Alpha, the first thing that springs to mind is to just keep them going as an energetic team who prides themselves on their in-ring ability and technical skills. Keep the energy of their matches high, give them chances to demonstrate what they can do, let them cut some passionate promos and see how the fans react to them. I admit it's not exactly a cutting edge idea, but I have a feeling their natural energy, personality and ability in the ring will draw people to them.

When it comes to Nia Jax, I'm thinking WWE should go the Awesome Kong route by having Jax flat out decimate the women's division as a whole. No friends, no allies only roadblocks in her way. Nia Jax is a 250+ pound woman, so portraying her as this force of destruction who gets off on decimating these 120 pound Barbie dolls as part of making a statement. I think it'd be best for Jax to adopt a more savage, intense personality rather than the cold, almost emotionless character she has. She has a big size & strength advantage over the other women, she has Samoan blood in her veins, so tap into that "savage" aspect of who she is and use it. Don't worry about being so methodical, go for energetic so that she doesn't come off as so one dimensional.

People have been saying to bring up American Alpha, but I'd also like The Arn Anderson's ...I mean, The Revival brought up too. Not on the same roster to keep tag team wrestling strong on both brands. As good as American Alpha are, I place The Revival right on par with them.

Finn Balor is a shoe in. Bailey, Auston Aries
and The Perfect 10, Tye Dillinger could fill out some roster spots.

Nakamura eventually and Samoa Joe once NXT can refill itself with growing stars. Bobby Roode as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back