Official Unoffical Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
We're putting together the 2nd Tag Team Tournament, and only 64 teams get in. Make the case for who you think should be in as far as fringe teams. Only one team per wrestler, so you'll have to pick between DX or The Rockers, and so on.

Uncle Shocky's Locks: (These teams are in)
1. Demolition
2. Steiner Brothers
3. Hart Foundation
4. Harlem Heat
5. The Outsiders
6. Money Inc.
7. Edge and Christian
8. AMW
9.The Head Shrinkers/Samoan Swat Team
10. Road Warriors
11. Rock and Roll Express
12. The Dudley Boyz
13. The Nasty Boys
14. The Hardy Boys

Admins Choice (first of two picks)
15. IC25 - Big, Bad and Dangerous
16. King Jake - Powers of Pain

Moderator/Admins Choice (One Pick)

17. HBK-Aholic - The Rockers
18. IC25 - The Thrillseekers
19. Monkey_Mania - The Brainbusters
20. Mr. Sam - LAX
21. Uncle Shocky - The Hollywood Blonds
22. Luther_Hull - Too Cool
23. Skullz - The Smoking Gunnz
24. King Jake - The Twin Towers
25. Polley - The Midnight Express
26. Mighty Norcal - Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle
27. The Enforcer - The Miz and John Morrison
28. Ricky - The APA
29. Sparky - Sting and Luger
30. Will - AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels
31. The Mega Powers
32. WRESTLEZONES OWN - BOOGIE KNIGHTS!!!!!!!!

The Briscoe Bros. (Jay & Mark Briscoe)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briscoe_Brothers

These guys are the best tag team in wrestling today. They are 5x ROH Tag Team champions and currently have held 7 other titles from around the World. I reallize they have had no mainstream publicity and probably won't make it far into the tourny, but due to the fact that they are the best team today they deserve a spot.

The Rockers

DX were a great team. But they weren't a great 'tag team'. You don't remember them for their matches. You remember DX for their promos. For how funny they were, and how far they went in breaking the rules. Whether you're talking about the DX consisting of simply Triple H and Shawn Michaels, or whether you're talking about the whole faction of them. They are a comedy team. Everyone remembers certain things they have done, recently, "Vince loves Cock". They're 2 amazing wrestlers, but not a classic tag team.

As for The Rockers, they were the team. The team that have single-handedly turned the Tag division what it is today. They can be credited for making teams such as the Hardyz, E&C, Morrison and Miz etc. I can go on forever. At the moment, the tag team division is all about the connections partners have, how they work together and the style in which they win matches. If you look at the division before and after The Rockers, you'll see a difference. They were the beginning of the new era.

Think about your favourite recent tag team. Hardly a team goes by in which they aren't compared to The Rockers. At the time, they were a team who had a different style to what the WWF was used to. The only reason they never got the belts was because McMahon didn't trust the new style. However I believe with teams such as the Hardyz winning it so often, it proves McMahon was wrong.

The Rockers have what it takes to win this tournament. DX do not. You cannot have a Greatest tag tournament without The Rockers being in it, when so many of the teams now can credit their style to them. When people vote for the Hardyz, just remember who they model their style after.

I say don't use the World's Greatest Tag Team, but rather, the far superior Minnesota Stretching Crew of Brock Lesnar and Shelton Benjamin. They never did anything together in the WWE, but were awesome back in OVW, just an idea to mix things up some with some different teams than before.

New Age Outlaws.

They we're a huge Part of the Tag Division during the Attitude Era and IMO helped the WWE Beat WCW in the monday Night Wars.

Here are a few:

(Soul Patrol)

"Soulman" Rocky Johnson & Mr.USA Tony Atlas- First African American Tag Team Champions in WWE history. Paved the way not just for black athletes but athletes of all races.

(Wild Samoans)

Afa and Sika- 21 different tag team championships around the world part of a family tree that has branched off many WWE superstars of today and yesteryear such as The Rock,Umaga,etc. WWE Hall of Famers.

(British Bulldogs)

Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid- 3 Time tag team champions. Many battles with Hart Foundation. Considered top 10 best of all time.

(Londrick)

Paul London & Brian Kendrick- Longest reigning WWE Tag Team Champions in history. 331 days

Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow.

Two Superheavyweight Legends who were tag team champions in Japan and could have been anywhere else as well.

Arn and Ole Anderson.

The real precursors to the Four Horsemen.

Tony Halme and Scott Norton.

Unseated the Steiner Brothers in NJPW for the Tag Belts.

Tomko and A-Train.

Two huge guys that have simply been dominant in Japan. For two americans to be as dominant in Japan as they have, they're doing something right.

Booker T and Goldust- They only won the tag titles once, but they should get in based on their backstage segments alone. They were the funniest tag team in wrestling history.

Owen Hart and The British Bulldog

There are a lot of tag teams with Owen that could have made this list but this was the best. Not only were hart and the bulldog good against the other tag teams of the time, but they could go toe to toe with randomly paired teams they were but against like HBK/Stone Cold and Vader/Mankind.

I have to disagree with Owen and Bulldog. THey were good but they're not as good as the British Bulldogs were. The BBs were one of the better tag teams of the 80s and a perfect blend of power and speed.

im gonna go with the hardys

I realize now that i may have posted this on the wrong thread, i had 2 different ones open. sorry.

I'm also going to be putting a time limit, as in, Modern Era (1984) to present. While teams like the Funks, Briscoes, Wild Samoans, BlackJacks, Wrecking Crew etc... are all great, no one will remember them properly, and chances are they'll be gone earlier then what they should be.

Teams that are locks...
Demolition, Steiner Brothers, Hart Foundation, Harlem Heat, The Outsiders, Money Inc., Edge and Christian, AMW, The Head Shrinkers/Samoan Swat Team, Road Warrior, Rock and Roll Express, The Dudley Boyz, The Nasty Boys, The Hardy Boys

And Since they are the Admins and I am shamelessly kissing ass
For IC 25: Big Bad and Dangerous
For King Jake: Powers of Pain

That's 16 teams thus far, or 1/4th of the field.

I will allow each mod and admin to chose one team to automatically be entered as their team. So Becca I know you said the Rockers, so to confirm that pick, simply post it again.

However, if strong debate comes up for tag partners in another team, an individual thread will be open. I see myself and IC butting heads on one team already, the Andersons. I think Arn is a better fit with Tully Blanchard myself.

So if the mods fill their one team special out, then that leaves roughly half the field, and there are still some damn fine teams out there.

To go with Shocky, I'd take Tully over Ole also. They were successful in both companies, not just in the NWA.

I like the idea of Owen and the Bulldog, but that would pretty much eliminate a great talent like Dynamite out of this thing. Owen needs a proper tag team partner, but the Bulldog should be with Billington.

I lean hard for the Brain Busters, first team (I think) to be WWF and NWA tag team champions under Vince McMahon's watch.

When does the tournament start?

Also, if you have the RNR, you have to have their counterparts, the Midnight Express.

I would have to agree with the Bulldogs....how about the following as well:

New Age Outlaws/Voodoo Kin Mafia
LAX
Brothers of Destruction (Kane/Undertaker)
Acolytes/APA
Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle
The Mega Powers (Hogan/Savage)
The Rock N Sock Connection (The Rock/Mankind)
Nikoli Volkoff/Iron Sheik

you can nominate all the teams you want, likewise with the mod staff. But the mods can choose a team of their own that gets in automatically.

Oh and it's first come first served, so say Norcal wants the Hollywood Blondes and Will wants the Two Man Power Trip, whoever picks first gets it.

you can nominate all the teams you want, likewise with the mod staff. But the mods can choose a team of their own that gets in automatically.

Oh and it's first come first served, so say Norcal wants the Hollywood Blondes and Will wants the Two Man Power Trip, whoever picks first gets it.

Do non admins get to pick teams too?

Admins and mods get to choose a team that atuomatically goes into the tourney. Non-mods have to debate about why they think a certain team should be let in. Clear?

I think he was askin if posters got to make definite decisions Shocky. And from how I took it, no, you can just make suggestions.

EDIT: Bah Becca beat me to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back