Official Unoffical Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

The Blackjacks-one of the toughest tag teams ever, who paved the way for teams such as the APA. Found success with AWA, NWA, and WWF.

Brain Busters- One of the most technically sound tandems in history. The Brain Busters were the epitome of text-book tag team wrestling who utilized both power and technical moves to great effect. Held NWA and WWF tag team titles.

The Smokin' Gunns- It's easy to argue that The Smokin' Gunns' success could be attributed to a lull in tag team wrestling, a time immediately after an era dominated by legendary tandems like the Hart Foundation, Demolition, and the British Bulldogs. Nevertheless, Bart and Billy Gunn were an extremely effective and cohesive unit, who in my opinion were prematurely disbanded. They used some truly great tag team moves, like the double Russian Legsweep, and the back suplex/neckbreaker combo that is better known today as the inverted 3D. They utilized a fantastic tag team finisher in the Sidewinder, and one of all-time favorite tag team spots, was when Billy would back body drop an opponent into Bart, who would then turn it into a piledriver. Three-time WWF Tag Team Champions. The New Age Outlaws were popular, but The Smokin' Gunns were a truly great tag team.

Roughly half the field is going to get in based on teams I've chosen to be automatically in, a), because I don't want this to be a Hardy Boy/E*C love fest, b), they've simply done enough to warrant being in.

Some teams I didn't automatically include that you think would be are up for debate because while a certain team was good, chances are one or both had very good success with another partner, so it's open for debate.

Plus the mods get the nod because they've helped out setting up past tournaments, and with this mod staff, some pretty unheard of, yet talented teams, are going to get their vote into the tournament, making it an even broader field.

Do rocky johnson and tony atlas count? Because they won the tag titles the first time in 1983. A year before ur set deadline. Can't there be an exception made for the first ever african american champions in WWF history?

Also does everyone agree Londrick should be in? Thye aren't the longest reigning tag team champions ever for nothin u know.

I can't believe the US Express isn't on here yet. Mike Rotunda and Barry Windham aren't on here yet...why didn't i think of that earlier???....Duh they won the belts in 85 from Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch....so lock it up.

how about the brothers of desruction Undertaker and Kane

and if you want Owen Hart in how about he tag team with Yokozuna. They gotta be there.

Good God, what is it with you people. IS the ONLY requirement to be considered a great tag team is to hold a tag team championship? Hell, if that were the case, the tournament should just go to "Billy Gunn and Friends."

Ok, not sure what my teams are, but if I get two, I want Bigelow and Vader on one end and The Thrillseekers (Jericho and Storm in SMW) as well. If I only get one, give me Vader and Bigelow, someone else will take the T-Seekers.

You get two, and that will seal the deal. No Jericho and Benoit and no Impact Players, the Thrill Seekers get the nod from our admin.

You get two, and that will seal the deal. No Jericho and Benoit and no Impact Players, the Thrill Seekers get the nod from our admin.

Awesome. Jericho / Benoit was such a thrown together team. More history with the T-Seekers, and some of the younger posters may not yet know their story. Thanks, Shockey.

They are in the pile of teams in the nomination category. Once the mods make their one team pick, then the campaigning will begin for the last half of the field. Right now you're throwing teams out to be in that discussion, and maybe a mod that didn't think of that team will nominate that one.

I for one am thinking of putting in the Smoking Gunns or Brainbusters.

They are in the pile of teams in the nomination category. Once the mods make their one team pick, then the campaigning will begin for the last half of the field. Right now you're throwing teams out to be in that discussion, and maybe a mod that didn't think of that team will nominate that one.

I for one am thinking of putting in the Smoking Gunns or Brainbusters.

You CANNOT go wrong here. Though if the Brainbusters are in, Ole and Arn are out, right.

Smoking Gunns would likely get a nod, but if they are in, the Outlaws are out, correct?

correct, if I put in the Brainbusters, then Ole and Arn are out

If I put in the Gunns, the Outlaws are out.

I'd gp with Arn and Tully. To me there was much more substance there. Ole was good, but Tully and Arn shined above Ole and Arn.

How about the Minnesota Wrecking Crew of Ole and Gene Anderson. Have htey been added yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back