Official Unoffical Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

So just a quick update on the tourny. Round 2 will be starting this upcoming weekend, so make sure to vote for the matches in round 1 that are still open at this point.

Now I haven't been posting my thoughts on the tournament, because I'm going to take a retroactive approach. I will keep out of the active match threads as to not influence any vote. I will be using my vote to break up tie breakers, as to avoid triple threat matches.

I'll be updating as the results come in. Right now, here are the 2nd round matches for the WWE Region.

The Brainbusters vs. Rob Van Dam and Sabu
The Hardy Boyz vs. the Bushwackers
Big Bad and Dangerous vs. Arn and Ole Anderson
Boogie Knights vs. Austin Aries and Roderick Strong

Edge and Christian vs. the Filthy Animals
The Steiner Brothers vs. Doom
The Powers of Pain vs. the Brothers of Destruction
The Hollywood Blonds vs. Kane and X-Pac.

Initial Thoughts:
Blowout City. Two Matches you can bank on being damn near shut outs are going to be the Hardyz vs. the Bushwackers and Edge and Christian vs. the Filthy Animals. I would be absolutely shocked if either team facing the teams from this decade manage to get more then five combined votes.

Best Match: Big Bad and Dangerous vs. the Andersons.
Irish better come hard, because this match has the potential to end the SHW dream teams run very early. The Andersons are legendary names in the business, and have the right toughness to take that team down. Don't look past Doom vs. the Steiners.

First Round Bye Team in danger of losing: Powers of Pain are in big danger. Boogie Knights actually has a real shot of moving on. The Powers of Pain face the BOD, which is a tough battle, considering that a team like PoP is based on pure power, and they face two guys that are bigger and stronger. I think the blonds could be in danger from Kane and X-Pac as well.

and onto the 2nd round matches for the ECW Region:

The Thrillseekers vs. the Unamericans
Too Cool vs. the Freebirds
The Rockers vs. the British Bulldogs
The Road Warriors vs. the New Age Outlaws

The Miz and John Morrison vs. Tomko and Giant Bernard
America's Most Wanted vs. the Natural Disasters.
The Latin American Xchange vs. the World's Greatest Tag Team
Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle vs. the Pitbulls.

At face value, almost all of these matches are going to be close in my opinion.

Blowout City:
I think there is only one match that is a lock, and that's Angle and Benoit against the Pitbulls.

Best Match: There are some gems in here. A nice match up of evenly matched teams. I think that the Bulldogs vs. the Rockers is going to be much closer then what it should be. The Bulldogs should blow the Rockers out, but I don't see that happening. I think the Outlaws vs. the Road Warriors is going to pit generation vs. generation.

First Round Bye Team in Danger: I honestly believe that 7 of the 8 first round bye teams are in at least mild danger of losing. I think the only team that is safe is Angle and Benoit. The rest of the teams face either teams that match up with them well, or they are completely over matched. Should be interesting.

As far as AMW are concerned, The Natural Disasters are both big, both not recent and Earthquake is dead. You honestly think a TNA team has a chance against that? Then again, the Guns are taking it to Sheik and Koloff. If they can do that, what can't AMW do this?

So due to obvious circumstances beyond our control, the Tag Team Tournament will be delayed until I feel that the site is back up to 100%. There is no sense in running a tournament when a lot of strong posters can't make it on here due to server issues. So until then, feel free to discuss potential matches to your heart's desire.

And here are the second round matches for the TNA Region.

Harlem Heat vs. the Two Man Power Trip.
Rock and Roll Express vs. the Koloffs
Money Inc vs. Triple X
The Mega Powers vs. Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho

The Twin Towers vs. the Motor City Machine Guns
The Smoking Guns vs. the Fabulous Rougeua Brothers
The Nasty Boys vs. Team Rated RKO
The Headshrinkers vs. Owen Hart and the British Bulldog

Blowout City.
Tough to pick out one match that can go just one way. Out of all of these matches, the only one that could possibly be a blowout are the Smoking Guns over the Rougeaus, even though I'm not confident in that being a blowout.

Best Match:
Harlem Heat vs. the Two Man Power Trip. Another situation where a team of individual main eventers take on one of the best tag teams of all time.

Lookout for the Mega Powers vs. the Chris's to be another huge debate.

First round team with a bye in danger of losing.
While the Headshrinkers are a damn fine team, Owen and the Bulldog going 18-0 on a team like MNM is something to keep an eye on.

Ladies and Gentlemen, in round two of the Tag Team Tournament, each of you are being handed the unique matchup of Big, Bad, and Dangerous vs The Andersons. Certainly a classic, and absolutely a match I'd like to see. But let's not kid ourselves - when the site is 100%, it should be the equivalent of ringing the dinner bell for each of you to come and vote for Big, Bad, and Dangerous - Big Van Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow.

The Brackets have been updated in my signature for everyone's convenience.

The Tournament is looking to kick back off either this weekend or early next week. It looks like more and more of the regulars have made their ways back, so we'll restart this bad boy shortly.

I never left.

IMG_1934.jpg

I took it out, I think I'm going to save it for the later rounds when it gets more heated. These, for the most part, are relative squash matches in the early rounds. Once this advances another round or two, then I'll be bringing that back.

I agree. I've been trying but with the other stuff going on this is getting overlooked, which is a shame in that this is the most important thing going on right now.

The forum is dead, it's mostly only regualrs. And I can't get into it because I'm just not that into tag wrestling.

You can only post so much. I'm on about the regualrs who are just ignoring the thing.

like me.

Im just waiting for match ups with two teams I know of extensively. I think basing opinions on watching 5 youtube matches is stupid. when later rounds come, and I feel I can offer educated opinions, ill dig in. same thing with the movie tournament.

You sure they did? I thought it was Rikishi and Scott Taylor, not Brian Christopher that won it.

Edit: You're right, I forgot about that awesome 3 week reign in 2000. Still, Too Cool sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back