[Official] WrestleMania XXV Discussion

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
It's a year away but people love to predict threads and guess what the amin events are going to be. This thread will probably get more attention in a week than all the TNA PPV threads together.

Anyway predict your cards, what matches you think you'll see, what matches you want to see etc. Although remember to give reasons.

I doubt this will happen. And to my knowledge it never has, certainly not on PPV. But I think WWE should go with Jericho vs. Taker. If it's happened it's been on TV. It's something that's not been done, and it has that WM feel to it.

For some reason Jericho seems to have been passed over by Edge. I'm really unsure why. Jericho has a better look, and can be a more annoying heel. I can see why WWE are high on Edge, but I feel there is more money to be made from Y2J.

Jericho vs. the Undertaker would be awesome, because like you, I'm not sure if it has happened or not. It hasn't happened on pay per view, that's for certain. I know they teased this feud during the "crapvasion" storyline when Jericho nearly cost the WWF, but then they blew that with Taker's heel turn.

Personally, I think it's going to be HBK vs. The Undertaker. They've teased it the last two Royal Rumbles, and quite frankly, I'm dying to see this match. At that point it would be 11 years since they've met on pay per view, sufficient build up to say the least. Plus, WM 25 is a significant number, and what better way to honor that number by the two guys, (outside of Hogan) that can lay claim to the title of Mr. Wrestlemania. Add the fact that pay per view is looking to be in Texas (either Houston or San Antonio) and you have the making of an epic match. Hell, make it career vs. career and you can charge me 300 dollars for the thing.

Cena vs. Batista:
As someone else said in another thread, the Mega Powers explode, but this time no one will care.

That's the only two I could really foresee at this point. You could always throw in Austin vs. Hogan which seems to come up at every Wrestlemania, but doubt that will happen.

I could possibly see Kennedy vs. Triple H for the WWE Title, and maybe Jeff Hardy vs. Edge for the WHC, but it's way to early at this point. I will give the WWE this though, they are pretty good about laying the foundation for next years Wrestlemania within a few weeks of the previous years Wrestlemania.

For the most part, we've all known since May, whether we wanted to admit it or not, we were staring straight at Edge vs. the Undertaker and Cena vs. Triple H at WM 24, they threw us a curveball with Orton, but for the most part those two matches you saw coming from a year out.

HBK vs. Taker. Now that is a proper WrestleMania match. That alone could draw huge numbers. If anthing Taker is better than when they last had a feud. And HBK is still great on occasion. I'm surprised it hasn't happened this year really. Those two made the last 10 minutes of Rumble 07 into one of the greatest Rumble's ever.

Cena vs. Batista. It would be intresting. And pretty big by todays standards. But I think Cena vs. HHH #15 intrests me more. Same with HHH & Kennedy.

Umaga vs. Taker would be great too. When they do the countdown of all of Taker's Mania victories it's impressive. But with somebody the size and with the talent of Umaga it would look even better. When they do lists like that it's wrestlers like Orton, HHHM Flair & I'd assume Edge that kind of look out of place.

HBK vs. Taker would be a great Wrestlemania! match and I would not be surprised if that did happen next year. I mean they are both coming to the end of there careers, and this could be one last huge Wrestlemania! match for the both of them. Of course it would probably result in Taker' going over, which would lead me to question if HBK would want to lose what could possibly be his last Mania' match.

Cena vs. Batista-They though about doing it this year, but it fell through, eventually it has to happen and i am sure it will be talked about at some point, will it happen? Possibly, it would be interesting and could probably result in Cena being heel, which i want to see.

Kennedy vs. HHH-This would be a great match for the title, again they talked about doing it until Kennedy was suspended. If they truly want Kennedy to become a star this would be the way to do it.

I was just thinking of wm25 2day n class ha,

Taker vs. HBK-both from texas,would b an amazing match

HHH vs. Kennedy-wwe title,would b a good matchup 2help give kennedy his push

Batista vs Cena-has 2happen sometime, could happen on double elimination from the royal,idk?

Y2Jvs. Edge-Y2J wins money in the bank, starts his countdown clock towards mania

Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk-have hardy drafted 2 ecw, continue 2 build that brand up, let punk play the heel such as he did in ROH

i actually like the undercard. WWE title match annoys me but its built up rather nicely. But yea I think MITB, batista vs umaga and finlay vs jbl will all be really good. Can't wait for michaels vs flair. Gotta say after watching the match, why didn't they have jericho vs hardy at wm? Though I think this means for sure Hardy will win MITB which is fine by me. Oh I really liked that wm 25 card. I really think we will get Taker vs Michaels. One more match btw legends.

John Cena vs. Batista- For the WWE or World Championship, these too have to have a match sooner or later, why not have it at WrestleMania 25? It would be a great WrestleMania feel match.

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels- It seems too me that, they have teased this match since 2007 Royal Rumble and i would love too see these two guys have a match at WrestleMania

Triple H vs. Edge- In a WWE/ World Championship match, too me Knowledge, these two guys havent had a fued? and it seems as the WWE is making Edge one of he top WWE Superstars.

Those 3 matches, would make WrestleMania 25 awesome. IMO.

I really want to see Undertaker vs Cena With Taker going over. Think about it, taker retires 17-0 and when u look on the list of people he has beated you see the name John Cena on there, That would be the perfect ending to His Career.

hm. Personally, id really like to see Umaga Vs Taker, if they were to build up Umaga again the way he was built up by last years WM. Both are great offensively, and could have a fantastically brutal match.

Id also like to see him Vs HBK, especially if he puts Flair out of his misery in 19 days. Then HBK could lay claim to being the most dominant guy at WM, he put flair away at WM, ill end you too Undertaker, something of that sort.

Personally I like the idea of an Edge-Cena-Batista triple threat the best. If its just Cena and Batista, the crowd wont know who to hate and boo harder. If you throw Edge in there, he will be crazy over, and Personally, Id like to see him go over in a world title match at WM, especially since it seems as if he will get pretty much squashed this year.

Personally, as sad as it makes me say, I just cant visualize Mr.Kennedy in the main event of WM 25. He is just so absurdly far away right now in the momentum factor. I mean he was made to be a total weak whipping boy to finlay tonight. And for whatever reason I just cant bring myself to svisualize Jeff Hardy in a WM main event either, unless its in a multi man match. Maybe in the undercard titke match, whatever it may be, but not in a one on one main attraction capacity.

World Heavyweight Championship: Undertaker v. Shawn Michaels: If you want a match, that will make you step back and suddenly think "Holy crap, Undertaker's streak might actually be in serious danger." Then this is that match.

To be perfectly honest. I WANT Edge to end it. I beg for that. But W.W.E. isn't pushing Edge worth a shit into Mania 24, and as a result, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Taker go over in an almost squash fashion. However, fast forward a year from now.. Taker/H.B.K.. both guys as faces, and you have a very surreal moment in sports entertainment.

W.W.E. Championship: John Cena v. Triple H.: As sad as it is to say, W.W.E. just doesn't have anyone that can match a Wrestlemania Main Event spot outside of these four individuals. Edge would be great, possibly even Jeff Hardy come this time next year. But Cena won't give up the top spot, and Triple H. is becoming a king on the Mania stage, about as much as H.B.K. is. Therefore, I see it being Cena/H.H.H. II (Mania wise)

Randy Orton v. Batista: Evolution's past revisited. Someone reported a long time ago they originally thought of these two facing off this year. But due to noone (assumably) wanting a H.H.H. v. Cena match to happen this close to the last one.. they booked Orton in the Main Event. Therefore, next year, I see this match happening.

Edge v. Chris Jericho: This is just a pure solid match, all the way around. It could easily be for a Championship, I just doubt it would be. Like I've said countless times, Edge deserves a World Championship victory at Mania. He deserves to carry a brand. (Not E.C.W.) Jericho v. Edge, on the Mania stage, would be a great undercard match.

So I hate to be the jerk who defends this card. But the way I look at it, the undercard is great. Playbunny match could actually be entertaining for comic relief. If Santino gets in Snoop's face then that really could make it funny.

When it comes down to it, I think the card depends on the mayweather match and the orton, hhh, cena match. If these are good, just good, I think it will be a great mania. Nice undercard, good star power, and I guarentee you michaels vs flair and edge/taker will be classics. But who knows after last nights raw, WWE have proven they have trouble putting on good werestling matches. We'll see I am just saying, this could be a great wrestlemania if a couple guys rise to the occasion.

WMXXV-My updated card

Right now, i'm more excited thinking about the possible matchups 4 mania25 then mania 24 which is only 2weeks away. I've put more thought into this card & it's now complete.

1.MINB-This match should be regulated 2 superstars who have never won a World Championship & be returned 2 6participants: Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Umaga, Elijah Burke, John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin(again iknow)

2.MVP vs. Rey Mysterio(U.S. Title)-This match would b taking place at 24 if not 4 mysterios injury. Main event picture is 2 crowded 4 mvp 2 breakthrough untill mania26

3.RVD vs. C.M.Punk(ECW Title)-Have punk play the heel as he did n ROH talking about how he is the best champ n ecw history. Have RVD return 2 a major pop

4.Tag Team Unification-Have the top 4 tag teams compete 2c who is the ultimate tag team n wwe:London&Kendrick,Big Daddy V&The Great Khali, Carlito&Santino,Shannon Moore&Jimmy Wang Yang

5.Divas Over The Top Battle Royal(Womens Champ):WWE tends 2 get every diva involved around mania time and with this match it's possible:Melina,Mickie James,Maria,Beth Phoenix,Torrie Wilson,Candice,Jillian,Ashley

6.Big Show vs. Randy Orton-Could not find a match up 4 Orton, Big Show is the only superstar 2 hold all 3 major titles, Orton needs 2 go back2 his legend killer status

7.Y2J vs. Edge-Would b a great singles match, both r great superstars with a strong following

8.Kennedy vs. HHH(WWE Title)-With Hardy out of MINB, IC Kennedy going over and bringing back his countdown clock 4 mania25

9.Batista vs. Cena-This would b a big match up, yeah the wrestling would not b very solid but icant c hhh vs. cena next year. Batista would b a great opponent 4 Cena as Cena has used the STFU at the past 2 main events 4 the W

10. HBK vs. Undertaker(WHC)-This match has 2 happen! both r from texas and this would b Undertakers biggest test at mania so far. This match doesnt even have 2b 4 the title,hopefully wwe doesnt mess up like they did at X8 with rock hogan and not have HBK taker the main event

There it is let me get some feedback

I'm definitely excited, for the "Grandaddy of 'Em All" is coming to my backyard, the great state of Texas. Anyway, here's the matches I would like to see rock the house at 'Mania 25:

Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels: Duh. Two of the greatest wrestlers, champions, and sons of Texas in the center of the ring....can't get too much bigger than that.

Side Note: I live about 10 min from where HBK attended high school. Interesting, I know.

John Cena vs. Batista, WWE Title: I see Batista making the jump to Raw in the draft, he is no longer the man on SmackDown. Just a Mania-match feel to it, if they do it right. Turn one of these guys heel already!!

Edge vs. Chris Jericho, World Heavyweight Title:
One match I would love to see. Expect a solid match, with great build-up and awesome promos from both competitors.

Big Show vs. Umaga:
Just throwing it out there, the required monster match for 'Mania...

Now these are just the matches I would like to see, I haven't thought of where guys like HHH, Orton,Kennedy, Hardy, MVP, CM Punk, etc. etc. might be next year. Plus, it's WWWAAAYYYY too early to tell. These are just the matches I would love to see...and if I'm buying a damn ticket, I want my money's worth...

am going 2 wm 24 and i must say it looks to be one of the best wm's ever but lets go from 3.30.08 orlando,fl "citrus bowl" to 4.5.09 houston,tx "reliant stadium" man that place is gonna go crazyyy but this card is even crazier!!!

wwe title......hhh vs cena #2/if they dont feud over the summer

world heavyweight title.......hbk vs taker/ man this would deff be a classic i mean u got the showstopper probly saying something like "taker come mania ur undefeated streak will be stopped" wow i would pay good mony to see that.

y2j vs batista/why not?

jeff hardy vs matt hardy/ interpromotional

edge vs cm punk

ecw title.....shelton benjamin vs koffi kingston

mitb....jbl,finlay,orton,dreamer,kane,khali,gregory helms,big show/to many big guys but u never know

women's title.....diva batle royal

just imagine....his 1 year deal is done with tna then vince gives him a call and makes him an offer he cant refuse...it's hogan vs???? sting!!!. why not if austin wont do it why not try to contact sting?

all in all this would probably be the most watched wm of all time!

With wrestlmania XXIV being in Orlando FL what would the chances be of TNA invading the wwe on there biggest night of the year with only bein about a block away(i think) from the citrus bowl? I personaly think it would be awsome if TNA did invade Wrestemania.

Just wanted you to know this is the Wrestlemania 25 thread, not Wrestlemania 24, thats a different thread.

In regards all the ideas thrown out are great, but this is the 25th Wrestlemania thats a big deal, so I would expect a dream match. Hmmmmmm, now who could that be, how bout Austin vs. Hogan. I mean this is probably the biggest match draw that WWE could come up with, and this is the 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania, thats a huge deal. I think WWE will spare no expense to make this the best Mania' ever, which could mean that Austin vs. Hogan just might happen. I hope so, that would be awsome, Thoughts???????

Just wanted you to know this is the Wrestlemania 25 thread, not Wrestlemania 24, thats a different thread.

In regards all the ideas thrown out are great, but this is the 25th Wrestlemania thats a big deal, so I would expect a dream match. Hmmmmmm, now who could that be, how bout Austin vs. Hogan. I mean this is probably the biggest match draw that WWE could come up with, and this is the 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania, thats a huge deal. I think WWE will spare no expense to make this the best Mania' ever, which could mean that Austin vs. Hogan just might happen. I hope so, that would be awsome, Thoughts???????

Well if you wanna take the recent interview WZ posted from SCSA were he mentions he has one more match in him and always bashes hogan a bit, could be wwe already putting this match in the process of happening and starting a decent fued that builds from now till WM XXV

:suckit:1 Shawn micheals vs Undertaker wwe championship last man standing This match has to happen undertaker wins the world title at wrestlemaina 24 shawn beats ric flair the game wins the wwe title but kennedy cashes in mitb at summerslam taker gets drafted to raw but can't bring the world title their shawn beats kennedy for the title at survivor series taker wins the rumble last elimating the game and takes on the showstoper the match has to something else thing a single match thats why last man standing I thing taker will go back to big evil and talk more the ending of that match is shawn goes for sweet chin music but taker gets a chockslam off the stage and taker wins is 7th world title and 17-0 at wrestlemaina. 2 World heavyweight championship Kane [c] is vs Edge vs Rey mysterio when undertaker leaves for raw The title will be vacted and kane the ecw champ after winning it at wrestlemania 24 he is in the match but edge wants the title back so they fight at cyber sunday with us picking the match opitions are steel cage match a hardcore match who a ladder match I say we would pick a hardcore match and kane wins the title but at no way out their is a smackdown elimation chamber rey vs edge vs batista vs cm punk vs big show vs finlay and rey wins after giving a frog slapsh to batista but edge wants to be in the match so a thiple theat match oh kane loses the ecw title to cm punk rey wins after edge spears kane and rey takes out edge with super hunicarra and reys pins kane with the frog slapsh and becomes world champ. Thats all I got take it easy

WWE Championship:
John Cena (c) vs. Batista

World Heavyweight Championship:
Undertaker (c) vs. HBK

ECW Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. Kofi Kingston

MITB
MVP vs Mr Kennedy vs The Miz vs John Morrison vs K-Kwik vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Paul London vs. Brian Kendrick

Intercontinental Championship
Chris Jericho (c) vs. Triple H

US Championship
Matt Hardy (c) v Jeff Hardy

Smackdown Vs Raw
Randy Orton v Edge

Womens Title
Elimination Match Involving All WWE Divas.

Raw Tag Team Title Match:
Finlay & Hornswoggle (c) vs. Cade & Murdoch vs. Holly & Rhodes vs. Carlito & Santino

Smackdown Tag Team Title Match:
Big Show & The Great Khali vs. Kane & Umaga

I would then have:
John Cena Retaining The WWE Championship
Undertaker Retaining The WWE Championship
Kofi Kingston Becoming the New ECW Champion
MVP winning MITB
Triple H Becoming The New Intercontinental Champion
Jeff Hardy Becoming The New US Champion
Randy Orton defeating Edge for Brand Supremacy
Ashley Massaro winning the WWE Womens Championship
Finlay & Hornswoggle Retaining The World Tag Team Championships
Kane & Umaga Becoming The New WWE Tag Team Champions

Notes:
Cena vs Batista has been talked about alot and i think it would make a great match. Batista traded to Raw with Umaga going to SD. Batista makes his way up the ranks during 2008 and challenges the Champ. When it came down to it BOREtista would lose of coarse coz...Cena's the best lol.

Taker vs HBK would possibly be the best match on the card. I see HBK winning the Royal Rumble one last time. Both men would be in their hometowns of Texas. They are both nearing the end of their careers respectively and HBK would definetly be a big threat to Takers winning streak, although once again, Taker would pull it off.

CM Punk vs Kofi would be a great match in my opinion. These 2 superstars are very gifted and have great wrestling skills. They both excel in leg attacks. If CM Punk had a huge title run in 08 and then the upcoming most impressive ECW rookie, Kofi Kingston was able to upset Punk at mania and become the new ECW champion, that would be amazing. Definitely the start of a new era for ECW. Yeah Mon! lol

MITB: This match would be an exciting one for sure, as always. With the likes of MVP, Mr Kennedy, The Miz, John Morrison, K-Kwik, Rey Mysterio & Londrick, it would definetly be fast paced and full of action. I think it would come down to MVP and Kennedy with MVP successful. I think if MVP can have a big year in 08 to rise above, he may be ready for this type of push.

Jericho vs Triple H would be interesting. Chris Jericho would brag about being the first ever undisputed champion after beating The Rock and Austin in the same night and Triple H would also make the claim that he has beatin both of those men himself. If Austin and Rock got involved in this match somehow, as referees or managers or sumthin it would make the match even greater, even though its very doubtful.

Jeff Hardy v Matt Hardy is a match everyone would love to see, right? i mean yeah, we have seen it before but that was then with Lita and this is now, one on one. Jeff Hardy has evolved into a Top Superstar in the WWE and his popularity is through the roof. I feel Matt is due for a push of sum kind with his fans level also being rather high. This would make one hell of a brother v brother match up, chuck the US title in there and you have some serious competition.

Randy Orton v Edge could be done plenty of ways, either way would be good. You could have 2 of the greatest heels going at it in a Dirty match where both superstars would do anything to win and low blows would be a certainty, Or, you could have a face v heel match up. They teamed up once (Rated RKO), they are similar in their ability's and their place in WWE and this match would be one for the ages for sure.

WWE Womens Championship matches are something most people ain't interested in anymore, but having all titles on the line at mania would make it great, plus who knows, had some good dress codes to it and it might be worth watching so Hot ass action :p. Who knows, could be a nip slip or wardrobe malfunction anytime LMAO

World Tag Team Championship: i see Finlay gettin back with Hornswoggle as a tag team to appeal to children and win the tag titles very late in the year. I could see them having a rather short reign with a mania win to top it off.

WWE Tag Team Championship: You got 4 Giant competitors slugging it out for tag gold. I see a face team of Kane and Umaga against the heels Show and Khali. Kane and Umaga are the powerful yet Athletic team, while Show and Khali are the Giant Powerhouses. Kane & Umaga taking out Mt Everest...Thats cool lol.

WrestleMania 25

WWE Championship Match
Triple H (c) VS. Mr. Kennedy

I predicted this match to be the RAW main event for WrestleMania 24, but that obviously didn't happen. Okay, starting this Sunday, Triple H wins at WrestleMania 24. He goes on to hold the title until Summerslam/Unforgiven, at Summerslam or Unforgiven he will lose the title to John Cena. At the Royal Rumble HHH wins the title back, and Mr. Kennedy wins the Royal Rumble match. This match was (like I said earlier) supposed to happen one year earlier. Kennedy was supposed to become Vince's bastard son, and beat HHH at 'Mania for the title, now this match can finally happen.

I believe that this match could cement Kennedy as a main-eventer. Kennedy is very talented, but has been left to die, due to bad booking. Now a win at 'Mania against HHH could do great things for Kennedy. If this match were to happen, it'd be fairly decent. And it would be a long bout with Kennedy going over.

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge (c) VS. Chris Jericho

Now once again, Edge will be put in the under-rated main event match of WrestleMania. This match can, and probably would be superb. Both these guys have so much talent, and they could showcase it all at the Grandest Stage of 'Em All. Let's start with this Sunday. Edge loses the world title to The Undertaker. The same night, Y2J wins the Money in the Bank ladder match. 'Taker's reign will last until the Royal Rumble, when Edge finally get's his revenge on 'Taker. Again, on the same night, Y2J says that he'll cash in the MITB briefcase at WrestleMania, against Edge.

This match could easily steal the show, and probably will. If given the recommended time, and treatment, it should be amazing. Edge has it in him to shock the fans (in a good way), and Y2J if placed with a correct opponent can prove he is very talented. This won't be a long match as the WWE will be saving up for the headliner, but the match should recieve a decent amount of time. In a good match, I see Edge retaining.

Inter-Promotional Match
The Undertaker VS. Shawn Michaels

This match has been tainted time, and time again. At the last two Royal Rumbles, these two have had 'meetings'. They were in the final two at the 2007 Royal Rumble, and both went pretty far at the 2008 Royal Rumble. This match can possibly be the greatest 'Mania match of the decade. If it happens I will mark out like crazy. The WWE can charge me $100 for the PPV, and I will still pay, this will be legendary. And in my opinion, no one has a bigger chance of ending the Undertaker's WrestleMania winning streak than HBK. To make it all click together, I think this feud should reignite, at the 2009 Royal Rumble. I know that I already said that 'Taker would lose the title to Edge, at the Rumble, but I think it would be great if HBK screwed him out of it.

This match would be so emotianal, and amazing that it could be fitting to be the retiring match for both of these competators. In a (hopefully) long match. In an amazing match, I see the Undertaker improving his undefeated streak to 17-0.

I think the two main events will be:

Triple H vs. Mr. Kennedy
I think HHH will turn heel shortly after 'Mania and fued with Cena, HBK, Jericho, Jeff Hardy and Batista. Mr. Kennedy will be a babyface by the time and if he avoids any of the trouble that marred his push in 2007 I would expect to see him win the Royal Rumble and face The Game for the the WWE title.

John Cena vs. The Undertaker
After Cena unsuccessful attempt to wrestle the WWE title from HHH, I think he'll return to Smackdown! in a trade with Batista. I would imagine he'll win the WHC from whoever wins the WHC from The Undertaker, my choice would be MVP ,who I think should win The Money In The Bank and cash it in at Summerslam after The Undertaker has been through a match with Umaga. In the Summerslam match MVP has help from his new allies Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke and the returning D-Lo Brown. The next night on Smackdown! however MVP is ordered to defend the title against SD! newest superstar in an all interfearence barred match. John Cena then arrives and beats MVP for the title. A few weeks later The Undertaker is in a match with MVP then, the faction arrives and starts outnumbering Taker. Suddenly Cena runs down apparently to make the save but Cena joins in the assault on Taker, worringing about Takers rematch clause, and leads the faction NWO-Hogan style. They but Taker out of action for weeks but then Taker starts to haunt them as Wrestlemania approches like he did with Mark Henry. Leading to a Taker Cena match at Wrestlemania.

Other Matches
I think HBK will be retired here 1 year on from retiring Flair. Also I think Stone Cold Steve Austin will fight one more time on the show.

The main matches on the card should be as follows (note im writing this the day before WM24):

WWE Championship: Triple H(c) vs. Mr Kennedy
At the WM24 I think John Cena should capture the WWE title in the triple threat match for the reason why see below. However he should drop it again at Backlash to HHH (and after that match they should give Cena some time off, he looks terrible because he's not fully fit following his injury and has movie to shoot). After overcoming JBL in his final fued as face. Then Tripper should turn heel on HBK then defeat him in a couple of PPV matches and defeat Cena in Cena last chance at the title match. HHH can then meet Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho and Batista (who should return to RAW as hes ran out of oppenants on SD!). During this time the WWE will be slowly building up Mr. Kennedy and making him more and more popular. In a traditional Survivor Series match Kennedy and HHH should be on the same side and should have their first altercation. Tensions should then build between the two "friends" and Kennedy should by this point be on the brink of a face turn and popularity at an all time high, then win the Royal Rumble. Kennedy then informs Tripper on Raw the next night that he coming to Wrestlemania for him.

World Heavyweight Championship: John Cena(c) vs. The Undertaker
The important results for WM 24 on results to this match are Taker going 16-0, MVP winning Money In The Bank, and Cena winning the WWE title. Taker's unbeaten record continues at Mania 24 as does Cena's unbeaten record and his record that he's always left Mania with a title to add spice to this match.
After Taker's rematchs with Edge he should then defend the WHC against Umaga, who should switch brands, the final match of their fued should happen at Summerslam in a brutal encounter. At the end of this match MVP should come out and cash in his money in the bank. In his own story arc MVP should be in a faction with Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke and the returning D-Lo Brown, who assist him in Wrestling the WHC from The Undertaker. Also at Summerslam, Cena should lose to The Game in his last chance at the WWE title match.
On the post-summerslam smackdown! in should be announced that MVP will be defending his title against a mytery man. That man should be Cena who defeats MVP and claims the gold. After the match MVP faction should start a beat down on Cena but The Deadman makes the save. The Undertaker then tells Cena in no uncertain terms that he wants his title back. The following week it should be Taker one on one with MVP, however a few minutes into the match the faction runs down and assaults The Taker. Cena runs in looking like he gonna return the favour from last week, however, Cena joins and helps destroy The Undertaker to the point that The Druids come out and carry Taker out. We then hear nothing of Taker until after Cena is celebrating with his new faction at the end of a victory over a now babyface Edge at No Mercy when the lights go out and erie videos start to air. This should continue for the next few weeks on Smackdown! and its annouced that the Undertaker will team with Edge and The Edgeheads at suvivour series to face MVP, Shelton, Elijah and D-Lo. (Cena would be in a match with no.1 contender Rey Mysterio). In the match there are no eliminations and Taker is tagged in clears house and the faction leg it. Over the next few PPV Taker takes out each member in one on one matches until only Cena remains and the match is annouced at Wrestlemania.

HBK's career on the line: Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton
At WM24 HBK should beat Flair and the two should shake hands after the bout and continue their friendship throughout the year. Mania 25 takes place in HBK's home state Texas and would be a good place for him to retire. HBK is also walking gingerly these days from a knee injury. Flair should induct HBK into the Hall of Fame the night before as well and accompy him to the ring for his match against the dreaded Legend Killer. In the match Flair should turn heel on HBK, still very bitter from Mania 24 allowing Orton to pick up the win. The following night on Raw Evolution should reform (Batista should be heel by this point too) and declare war on Kennedy. However they haven't heard the last from HBK who becomes Raw GM.

Steve Austin vs. Hulk Hogan
Austin says he has one more match left in him and the biggest pay day for all involved would be at Wrestlemania 25 vs. Hogan. While not on TV the two should do a series of media interviews where they insult each other to add an aspect of personal animoisty to the fued.

Money In The Bank Elimination Chamber
Hard to say who the participants should be at this stage but for a change they should have an Elimination Chamber as opposed to a ladder match.

Hopefully...I don't time out before I finish this, but I'll go on record of the following based on logic in terms of drawing PPV buys, money, & fan interest.

TRIPLE MAIN EVENT

The Rock vs. Cena...

It's WM 25...why the hell not? Clearly, last night's HOF ceremony made him realize once for all how much he is loved & missed. We've seen every aspect of Rock-Austin, no need to go there a 4th time! There is some legit heat between the 2 & let's be honest, they both standout as the people with the biggest crowd pops every time the touch the mike outside of Austin.

I can also assume that Rock wouldn't mind doing the trip to Iraq...would help his career in many ways, not to mention it'll be a great way to give back to the company. They could use this as a way to begin the storyline. This could also lead to a huge Cena heel turn which is something everyone wants to see & would keep things fresh!

Austin vs. Hogan...

Everyone wants it & would be the perfect match for both to make some extra retirement money. However, I can see both "turning back the clock" to make this just like WM 18 with Rock & Hogan. Book it 2 of 3 falls...1 fall in a cage to start. Book the finish to be 1 fall each...3rd fall is double DQ to protect both legacys!

Triple H vs. Taker...World title

Michaels won't make this match since it's obvious his injuries and personal thoughts on current product are outweighing the reasons to stay. If anyone thinks he wants to be remembered most for being the guy that retires Flair...you're dreaming. I see Shawn getting one last run in pursuit of World title vs. Taker leading to a huge match at SummerSlam (which he loses), followed by a rematch at Survivor Series where he loses a classic & does the wrestling version of Lou Gehrig's speech...so he goes out in a classy way.

Last...I'd like to see a 10 man Money In The Bank War Games match...winning team comes back later in show for a 5 man Money In The Bank Hell In A Cell match where winner gets the title shot!

Thoughts?

Hopefully...I don't time out before I finish this, but I'll go on record of the following based on logic in terms of drawing PPV buys, money, & fan interest.

TRIPLE MAIN EVENT

The Rock vs. Cena...

It's WM 25...why the hell not? Clearly, last night's HOF ceremony made him realize once for all how much he is loved & missed. We've seen every aspect of Rock-Austin, no need to go there a 4th time! There is some legit heat between the 2 & let's be honest, they both standout as the people with the biggest crowd pops every time the touch the mike outside of Austin.

I can also assume that Rock wouldn't mind doing the trip to Iraq...would help his career in many ways, not to mention it'll be a great way to give back to the company. They could use this as a way to begin the storyline. This could also lead to a huge Cena heel turn which is something everyone wants to see & would keep things fresh!

Austin vs. Hogan...

Everyone wants it & would be the perfect match for both to make some extra retirement money. However, I can see both "turning back the clock" to make this just like WM 18 with Rock & Hogan. Book it 2 of 3 falls...1 fall in a cage to start. Book the finish to be 1 fall each...3rd fall is double DQ to protect both legacys!

Triple H vs. Taker...World title

Michaels won't make this match since it's obvious his injuries and personal thoughts on current product are outweighing the reasons to stay. If anyone thinks he wants to be remembered most for being the guy that retires Flair...you're dreaming. I see Shawn getting one last run in pursuit of World title vs. Taker leading to a huge match at SummerSlam (which he loses), followed by a rematch at Survivor Series where he loses a classic & does the wrestling version of Lou Gehrig's speech...so he goes out in a classy way.

Last...I'd like to see a 10 man Money In The Bank War Games match...winning team comes back later in show for a 5 man Money In The Bank Hell In A Cell match where winner gets the title shot!

Thoughts?

LOL card looks cool, but all in all about the MITB, your idea would be great, but this isn't WCW or TNA and the WWE does not do matches like that. theres been like 1 cage match and 1 HIAC match in WM's history soo..

Heres my card:

Main Event: Career vs Streak HBK vs Undertaker
both are from Texas, be the perfect chance for HBK to lose to UNdertaker and retire the same way Flair did, then at WM26 Undertaker would follow and retire.

WWE Championship: 18+ month Champ Orton vs Edge
finally the Rated RKO title match, Edge wins the Rumble and moves to Raw, Orton goes on one of the longest and greatest runs not seen since Hogan in the mid 80s.

World Title: Champ Batista vs John Cena for the 1st time ever in WWE that I know of its Bastista vs Cena, and Cena is going after his 1st ever World Title, all comes after Cena gets drafted to Smackdown and SD goes back to the more talented roster, because of its move to a new channel, then during the summer Batista turns heel and around Survivor Series takes the title from the Taker.

Street Fight JBL vs HHH for once HHH takes him self out of the main event, and instead fueds with JBL, which this year was a possible match. Least the promos would be great!

TLC Tag Title match: Hardy Boys vs Dudleys
yeah finally Dudleys come back to WWE and for the 1st time in a while we get a TLC match.

Dunno the rest of the card but so far I think that sounds good lol.

after watchin the aftermath form wm 24 i have my wm 25 card

since its the sliver anniversity expect everyone and eveyrone to be there

HBK V Taker----

career vs career posssibly whc championship on the line but probably not let other guys use the belt to headline theri match as with these two no belts is needed

WWE TITLE

Cena V. HHH 2

known that HHH has to be in every mania main event and it be a good rematch 3 years in the makin could havd a twist with cena being the heel this time

Edge V Y2J

dont know if either will be whc chmap but should still face each other def a sick match they could pull off

Orton V Rock

rock needs to come back after a 5 year absence and who better to finally kill his dead wwe career besides the legend killer

Hogan V Austin

after 25 of wwe history who is the best of all time.. maybe mcahon as special ref

CM Punk will hold on to the MITB case until Mania so expect that

i also see brother V Brother with Jeff And Matt

Heres how I would want WM XXV to go down

World Heavyweight Championship
Undertaker (c) vs. HBK
-HBK is the only man i see ending the undertaker's streak. Seriously who else is there to do it?

WWE Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs. Mr. Kennedy
-Of course this probally won't happen (unless one becomes a babyface) but it would be an classic in my eyes. With Kennedy coming out on top winning his first WWE Championship.

Triple H vs. Edge
-I know these two had tag matches against each other but we've never seen them go one on one. I would love to see Edge win beating Triple H.

ECW Championship
Kofi Kingston vs. Shelton Benjamen (c)
-To me this would be a dream match. With the skills these two have, they would probally steal the show. With Kofi winning the title.

Big Show vs. The Great Khail vs. Kane
-Who is the biggest and best out of the 3 giants? I would love to see Show winning this one.

John Cena vs. Batista
-I'm not a big fan of either of them but yes i do want to see it just not for a World Championship. I would have Cena winning.

MITB Match
Y2J vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy vs. JBL vs. Morrison vs. Helms vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Carlito
-Like always the MITB matches are awesome but always pretty much open kick off the show right. I would have Matt Hardy winning and cashing in at Summer Slam.

U.S. Championship
CM Punk vs. MVP (c)
-This would open the show with CM Punk winning the title.

and of course the dark match battle royal. and i would have Umaga winning that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back