Original V. Cover: Shot Through The Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
NSL did an Atreyu cover, and fuckin' so I will. And I know this thread should be getting approximately 10,000 hits, or half the forum (those from New Jersey), because apparently they love their Jersey Boy. The song is a classic:

Bon Jovi

Now I like the cover a little bit, not a lot, and prefer the original 10 fold. But funny story, one time my dad was listening to my music while playing on a computer when I was a little younger, and both of the versions came on, and my poor old deaf dad could hardly tell a difference, even with the big ol "FUCK YA!

Atreyu

I considered doing this, but figured I'd lay off starting too many Atreyu related threads.

I love the original. I'm not a Jersey boy, but I'm still a fan of Bon Jovi. This is one of my favorite songs from him, and it was probably the last song I ever expected a rock band to cover. I think Atreyu's is actually pretty good, and probably a better cover than Epic. I'll still take the original, but I don't mind partaking in some Atreyu once in a while.

For me, Bon Jovi takes this every time.

Shot through the heart is one of my favourite songs and as such, I will always think that Bon Jovi did the best performance of it. Upon listening to the Atreyu version, I can see the draw of it but the Bon Jovi version is just too good. Plus, I heard it on HIMYM the other day and haven't been able to stop singing it from then on. Bon Jovi all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back