Pacquiao vs Marquez III

Larry

Getting Noticed By Management
Hello fight fans. The night is drawing near, the fight is almost here. On Saturday night, November the 12th, Manny "Pac Man" Pacquiao and "Dinamita" Juan Manuel Marquez step into the squared circle for the third time in their illustrious careers, entering into combat to determine once and for all who is the better man after two close fights between them earlier in their careers. Both men have had successes since last facing off, but on this night we will see who has formulated their success in the greatest capacity.

In one corner we have the undisputed pound for pound king, eight division world champion, and current WBO Welterweight Champion of the World, Manny Pacquiao. There are few if any accolades that this man has yet to earn or have not been bestowed upon him already. His power is unparalleled, his speed unmatched, his footwork unreplicated, his toughness peerless, his heart virtuous, and his boxing skills ethereal; The Pac-Man serves as the ultimate challenge for anyone who dares to step in the ring with him, and hasn't lost a fight since 2005 adding A list names to his resume as he continues to win in spectacular fashion against every man he faces.

In the other corner stands a man who shares a remarkable level of success in his own right capturing eight world titles across three weight divisions "Dinamita" Juan Manuel Marquez. He is the only man is years to come even close to defeating Manny Pacqiao, who he fought to a draw against in their first fight, and lost a close spit decision to in their second fight due to a knockdown in the 3rd round, despite landing higher punch percentages the entire night. Marquez is truly one of the toughest fighters ever to step into a ring. He has a tendency to get knocked down, but also has an even greater tendency to get back up and come back to win fights. Having only lost cleanly to Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the last 5 years and capturing title after title, Marquez is ready to close the book on the story of him and Manny Pacquiao.

So WrestleZone, what do you think of this fight? Are you looking forward to it? Who do you think will win? And where do you think the outcome of this fight will take us? Please explain how and why you think either man will win, get as technical as you can and really break down how you see this fight unfolding. The floor is yours.

I've got Pac-Man winning by TKO in the 8th. Marquez can and will fight valiantly, but he just hasn't been keeping up with the technical growth and overall talent of Pacquiao in recent years. Marquez will never quit on his own, so I'm guessing that it'll be either his corner or the ref that will step in and end it.

Okay, I'm Filipino so I'm also a bit biased. :p

I've got Pac Man by lopsided Unanimous Decision, Marquez is no joke but Pacquiao is the cream of the crop and I see him controlling the pace of this fight and outpointing his opponent. Should be a great fight but Manny needs to be wary of the power that Marquez has, the guy isn't going to quit as we saw in their other 2 fights and he has been working alot with his strength and conditioning coach. Still I have Pacquiao keeping his distance and picking his shots en route to a decision.

So Pacman wins by majority decision after 12 rounds. I was personally hoping he'd win via knockout but this is fine too. The fight was very good with Marquez in control early on. I actually thought he'd take the fight especially in the seventh round but Pacquiao turned it around. Really good fight with great back and forth action. However, even though Pacquiao won here I have my doubts about his performance if he comes to blows with Mayweather.

Man, that was a great fight. But I think Marquez should've won that one. Idk, just looked like Manny was really into it until the 7th or 8th round. Hmm, it does cause problems with him and Mayweather. But at the end of the day, I think Manny and Mayweather are gonna put on a hell of a fight where speed rules. We'll just have to see who's faster.

So Pacman wins by majority decision after 12 rounds. I was personally hoping he'd win via knockout but this is fine too. The fight was very good with Marquez in control early on. I actually thought he'd take the fight especially in the seventh round but Pacquiao turned it around. Really good fight with great back and forth action. However, even though Pacquiao won here I have my doubts about his performance if he comes to blows with Mayweather.

I definitely feel ya on having doubts when it comes to Mayweather after this fight and I'm one of the guys who loves Pac and doesn't like(but respects the talent of) Mayweather. Fighters can't be on every single night and that may have been part of it but I am a little less confident when thinking about their dream match.

As for the fight itself aside from being a little worried by Manny's performance I thought the fight itself was entertaining. Great back and forth, I was also worried about Pac Man for a minute there but he turned it around and took the fight. Hats off to Marquez though, I knew he would come in for blood and he most certainly did, great fight tonight by both guys but Pacquiao took it in the end. :)

It was a good night for Boxing lets just say that for starters. I would have paid for the Pacquiao-Marquez fight twice for what it delivered top to bottom. Textbook World Class Boxing that ran second to none(yeah, I'm lookin' at you UFC). Let it be known and etched in stone: Styles Make Fights, and this one showed that in grandiose fashion as the fireworks went off from bell to bell. Pacquiao and Marquez put on a clinic in the ring tonight showing what real championship fighting is all about.

Marquez looked great in his last three fights leading up to tonight, and looked even better tonight than in his last three fights as he went against the P4P best fighter period, in the world. He handled Pacquiao better than any of Pac-Man's opponents have in years in this perfect clash of styles. It came as no surprise to me the way the fight played out for Marquez who has given Manny tough runs on two previous occasions. I felt that while Marquez put a lot of pressure on Manny throughout the fight, even getting the better of him in some of their exchanges in spots, he didn't deliver the performance necessary to dethrone the P4P king. You have to go out there and TAKE the champs title, not threaten it, which was all that Marquez was able to do ultimately. His game plan was executed almost flawlessly for the first half of the fight, but once he felt confident that he was winning he backed off where he should have hit the gas.

Pacquiao was every bit as spectacular as he's even been tonight, but for different reasons. Here he was fighting a man who definitely had his number and knew exactly what to expect, but still overcame the near flawless game plan of Juan Manuel Marquez and his camp. We got to see Manny not be effortlessly dominant, but have to find a way to win and overcome an opponent who knew how to win. He outworked his opponent and when he wanted to, imposed his will like a true champion. Marquez had to make good on what Manny allowed him, while Manny had to allow his opponent opportunities to make his own, and did. He had to find a way around the counter punching of Marquez and his retreating style, which virtually set him up to walk into cleverly laid traps of timing.

What we saw tonight though rather than two guys going in for an all out slug fest, was two fighters who have evolved, honed their craft, and learned all there is to learn about each other, and courageously battled it out once again. One can only look forward to the next encounters these two men face as they display their skills, their heart, and their determination to be true fighting champions.

I scored the fight 116-112 in favor of Pacquiao similar to one of the judges. Overall the fight was absolutely great but Marquez clearly has his gameplan set. All throughout the fight, Pacquiao fought in Marquez' pace. It could have gone either way but I believe Pacquiao wins because of his aggression.

Do I want a Pacquiao-Marquez IV? Definitely. And it should happen on May so 'age' won't be a factor.

Do I still want a Pacquiao-Mayweather? Yes, but not the same yes that I would give before this fight. I believe Mayweather would defeat him.

Man, that was a great fight. But I think Marquez should've won that one. Idk, just looked like Manny was really into it until the 7th or 8th round. Hmm, it does cause problems with him and Mayweather. But at the end of the day, I think Manny and Mayweather are gonna put on a hell of a fight where speed rules. We'll just have to see who's faster.

I actually think this helps the case for Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Manny was not on top of his game at all last night, partly due to Marquez's excellent timing and countering. But the weakness Pacquiao showed in this tough and awesome fight could pull Mayweather out of his cave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back