Parts Unknown Region, Fourth Round: (2) Demolition vs. (7) Midnight Express

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Demolition

• Midnight Express

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a fourth round match in the Parts Unknown Region. It's a standard tag team match held.....uh......somewhere.

survivorpu.jpg

demolition_main3_bio.png

2. Demolition

Vs.

tumblr_m6enplvJh61r4ocu1o1_500.jpg

7. Midnight Express

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for FIVE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

I have to go with prestige over power on this one. I think the Express were a tighter unit than Demolition. And I think the Cornette factor will come into play. Midnight for the win.

This would be a good matchup...another pure brawler vs. technical skill match. I think when it comes down to it, the Midnight Express would be able to handle the Demos.

Winners: Midnight Express

Damn. This is a tough one for me.

Demolition was dominant & more than people tend to give them credit for. They had a pretty damn long run with the belts & are a huge part of the Tag division that WWE had back then.

The Midnight Express was a big part of Tag divisions wherever they went though. Condrey & Eaton won titles all over the place. Truly one of the most decorated teams ever. If I am going off of the pairing of Eaton\Lane (who even beat Arn\Tully for the belts) that incarnation was pretty good as well & really one of the last great teams we saw in the 80's tag scene.

So this comes down to a question of what is a bigger impact on you as a fan. Is it the lengthy WWF reigns of Demolition or the glory that gave The Midnight Express their multiple titles across the land? Which incarnation of either team do you go off of?

Tough decision here indeed. In the end I have to give this one to The Midnight Express. I liked them better as a team, Cornette is a big factor & I can see Demolition's brute force style being trumped when they make a mistake that Eaton\Lane quickly capitalize on.

The Midnight Express pull this one off, folks.

Why? They're the superior tag team and have a superior manager. Mr. Fuji once managed Demolition and even he could make a mistake to cost his teams the match. Matter of fact, I think he may have cost them their tag team titles against the Hart Foundation if I'm not mistaken...

The same thing would happen here... because Jim Cornette doesn't cost his teams matches - he helps them win. I can see this boiling down to Fuji stealing Corny's tennis racket, looking to hit Beautiful Bobby as Smash holds him, only for Eaton to duck as Fuji nails Smash in the head with it. A Double Doozle and Rocket Launcher later, the Midnight's walk out of Parts Unknown the winners.

Sad to see Demolition winning this contest. Overrated tag team, but hey, WWF is the worldwide leader so basically the tournaments will always come down to what WWF guy is the best.

I give my vote to the Midnight Express. Better tag team, better manager, more versatile, more original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back