Pokémon GO

Here's a post I stole from reddit that explains it well:

TL;DR: Go catch them while you can because they have value for almost all players at a very low cost.

Let me define what I mean by "budget." A budget Pokemon has high value for a low cost.

COST: Right now, the cost is extremely low to obtain this Pokemon, like nothing we've seen before. While it's true that raid bosses can give a level five player a 2800 CP pokemon, you need a raid pass, you need a group of people, and you need to catch the Pokemon which can be difficult.

Alolan Exeggutor are all over the place right now and they are fairly easy to catch compared to other evolved forms. They don't require you to play during a three-hour window, they don't require you to collect 50 or 124 candy to evolve. Just go out and catch.

VALUE:

If you're a rural/casual/new/returning player:

You can work on your dragon badge
300 Stardust a piece
As a grass attacker, it's one of the best if not the best, in the game.
As a dragon attacker, it's decent and even may have niche places in the meta against dragons with water, grass, and/or electric attacks. This is where the low cost part really comes in; you don't have to spend a raid pass and time to MAYBE catch a Latios or Latias that you would have to spend rare candies on to power up. Even a level 20 player, with sunny weather, could find a 2000 CP Alolan Exeggutor in the wild. It does not have a great moveset and has a lower attacker stat, but it is cheap.

If you're a high-level/dedicated player:

300 Stardust a piece
Even if you already have 6 optimized grass attackers like me, you might want a B team for raid bosses that take a long time to take down. Also, you might want six Alolan Exeggutor anyway for Pokemon like Kyogre with water and electic charge moves. And again, low cost: if you're fortunate to have sunny weather, you can catch 2600 CP Alolan Exeggutor without limitations on raid times, pokecoins, relying on others, etc.
As a dragon attacker, even with garbage Dragon Pulse and a lower attack stat, it may have a niche spot in some lineups. Pokebattler says against Latias at level 40 it does better "overall" than my 98% legacy Gengar (level 40). And of course it bumped way up once I chose Thunder for its charge move. It doesn't look like it's all the way input into Pokebattler, so someone else may be able to help me with exact rankings against specific Pokemon with specific moves.

Conclusion: Quality budget Pokemon are hard to come by. Makuhita during the fighting event was another great event, but Machop was just as common so you probably didn't care unless you were lower level or pretty casual. But this release of Alolan Exeggutor has a very low cost with great value, and I recommend you go catch as many as you can while it lasts.

This new spin thing has been amazing. Middlesbrough, Durham, Sunderland, Hexham, Blyth, South Shields all towns in my vicinity. Lots of spinning there means I'm now level 39!

Mewtwo and Articuno got. I'm now at 363 caught, 369 seen.

Also, got my "Pokemon Ranger" medal (1000 research tasks).

Shame trading doesn't allow international. I have Mr. Mimes for you slags.

The amount of stardust needed for new things is insane, a million stardust for a legendary? With the way the trading system is set up it's almost pointless.

Nice to see I can't even use the friends system or trade until I get 3 levels higher, oh well the system is rather useless when you need a million stardust to get something new anyway.

I do wonder if I could trade for Ditto and trick the system into thinking it's a catch.

Just started playing and personally don't know much about the game besides it is pretty fun. Gets me and my son to bond which is nice as well.

I am only level 10 as of this post. I can only catch wifi to play which seems to slow the game play down. I have figured out how the berries work along with what the circles mean when facing a wild pokemon to catch.

So far no gym battles (I would get owned anyway at this time lol) and mainly basic pokemon I have come across. USF is full of Gyms, Pokestops and different types of pokemon even during the day.

Trying to get service back on my phone so I can get out and walk around which is needed. The game is fun for sure and my buddy pokemon is the one that is a Teddy Beard so his name is Tedd as the original Ted I caught was lower level than this Tedd.

Anyway, I dont know much about the game however that's fine. I enjoy learning I just dont think going through 177 pages of this thread at this time is to tiring.

Finally caught Ditto! One step closer to Mew!

I was surprised when I caught a ditto so early on. It was pretending to be a zigzaggoon or w.e the raccoon looking thing is called. He was low level but still, it is a ditto!

I have been trying to find Eve but that one is scarce where I am located. Eve is one of my top 3 favorite pokemon so pretty upsetting (not enough to not play of course) that they do not seem so common like the zigzaggoon or ratatat that are in this area.

Any questions just ask, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks, Lee!

I noticed this game is about strategy for sure. I have two Furret's, one CP is 629 with 89HP (guessing this means health points?) 7 damage for Sucker Punch (decent movie imo) 100 damage for Dig (awesome Mudvayne song) while being evolved from prior form a few moments ago.

My first wild caught Furret has a CP of 545, 84HP, 8 damage for quick attack, 150 damage for Hyper Beam (one of my top five favorite moves as it is my favorite move) and this one was evolved from a prior form.

Now the strategy part: I was simply transferring lower CP Pokemon based on thinking CP standing for Combat Points. However, seeing that my wild caught Furret has the lower CP but stronger attack, it makes it hard to decide which one to keep as one has to think about battles against other players. What makes it harder is willingly knowing and accepting that I am biased due to hyper beam being my favorite move so it is though to make a decision in these instances.

Oh just a few things for anyone who takes the time to read or skim through my posts: Thanks for doing so in all honesty. Two, I smoke a shit ton of marijuana due to having chrons disease and fibromyalgia which smoking helps. 3, I have sever anxiety disorder and this includes taking the time in my phone to write these words down for someone to read. Most times I reply to threads then get to scared to post and delete the whole thing or exit the page completely. Lastly, if you made it this far, I am trying to learn Spanish so sometimes my post seem like they are wrote by a first grader and that is because I am trying to say what I want to write in Spanish and it puts what I am trying write in English backwards so definitely working on proper grammar to make my post easier for everyone to read.

Your best website for what's what is https://pokemongohub.net/ definitely is strategy to it, furrett isn't the greatest but hopefully that website helps you out.

Honestly I'd just have fun and do what you need to do (for me it was finishing my dex) and then once you're level 20+ that's when to really look into the mechanics.

I was surprised when I caught a ditto so early on. It was pretending to be a zigzaggoon or w.e the raccoon looking thing is called. He was low level but still, it is a ditto!

I have been trying to find Eve but that one is scarce where I am located. Eve is one of my top 3 favorite pokemon so pretty upsetting (not enough to not play of course) that they do not seem so common like the zigzaggoon or ratatat that are in this area.

Before the one yesterday i had caught 4 Ditto's but as part of the special research towards Mew you have to catch one and that took me forever.

I've caught 4 in 24 hours. I suspect they've been increased.

Before the one yesterday i had caught 4 Ditto's but as part of the special research towards Mew you have to catch one and that took me forever.

Wait, what? I need more info on catching Mew. Also, I notice a shiny pokeball will appear a little bit from the top of the game on the upper left hand corner. I have tried tapping it which doesn't do nothing since the ball still goes away. Any idea what this is meant for or is a wait to to show my wifi sucked out and the game is loading up real quick while still in game play?

Wait, what? I need more info on catching Mew. Also, I notice a shiny pokeball will appear a little bit from the top of the game on the upper left hand corner. I have tried tapping it which doesn't do nothing since the ball still goes away. Any idea what this is meant for or is a wait to to show my wifi sucked out and the game is loading up real quick while still in game play?

I don't know what level it starts at, but at some point you'll have special research tasks you have to do, there's 8 levels of tasks with 3 on each level and once you complete the tasks you get to catch Mew. The hardest thing so far for me has been catching a Ditto because they barely show up in my area. But you'll wanna hang onto Magikarp candies as you get them, because there is a task that is evolving a Magikarp.

Not sure what you're talking about with the pokeball thing.

I don't know what level it starts at, but at some point you'll have special research tasks you have to do, there's 8 levels of tasks with 3 on each level and once you complete the tasks you get to catch Mew. The hardest thing so far for me has been catching a Ditto because they barely show up in my area. But you'll wanna hang onto Magikarp candies as you get them, because there is a task that is evolving a Magikarp.

Not sure what you're talking about with the pokeball thing.

I will try to screen shot it and upload the picture for you all. I swear I am not making it up lol.

I want a Gyardos (sp?) so Magikarp is on my to do list. I have 1 so far lol

The poke ball in the top left corner means that the game is connecting to the server again. Sometimes happens when you have a drop in signal or you're moving too fast. Don't sweat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back